PDA

View Full Version : Another Daniel Bryan Thread

Swiss Ultimate
04-18-2010, 07:15 PM
In the interest of staying objective I've been watching a lot of Daniel Bryan's performances both in and out of the ring. I watched a good deal of his work in ROH in addition to his WWE work.

Here are the conclusions I have come to:

*Bryan's in-ring work lives up to the hype. He's got the facial expressions, the technical know-how and a hard-hitting style that makes me forget that all of this is "pretend".

*Bryan's promos come off as nervous and limited, while his past promos were all very efficient I found them to be only slightly above average. His heel work, however, was pretty entertaining. I'd like to see a heel Daniel Bryan in the WWE.

*Bryan's status with the WWE seems to be under extreme scrutiny (not unlike CM Punk's status coming into the WWE), I feel that they are allowing him to get over even as losing and I also feel that the idea here is to have Bryan pay his dues coming into the WWE. Everyone he's lost to so far has been pretty awesome. His first match in the WWE was against Chris Jericho, you have to appreciate the kind of gift that was for him.

*Bryan's potential, despite his size (or these days in favor of it), seems unlimited. I could see him eventually climbing to the top of the WWE ladder either as the under-dog champion (Like Rey Mysterio was) or as a legendary grappler bad-ass like that one jobber, what was his name? Chaz? I think it was Chaz Bently or Chic Borneo, maybe Cal Bumpkin? That Ravenous Rodent dude...you guys know who I'm talking about.

*Bryan's lifestyle, he's straight-edge without the tats and clothes. He doesn't drink or do drugs and he seems like a safe bet these days for what the WWE is trying to become.

*If Vince is serious about pushing the small, non-steroid pumping wrestlers now and in the future, there is no reason why we Bryan shouldn't succeed here. If Drew is supposed to be Vince's ideal for the future World Championships and guys like CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho have all had successful title-runs, there seems to be a precedent set for the future.

VSG
04-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Chaz Bently was not a jobber :nono:

Swiss Ultimate
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Chaz Bently was not a jobber :nono:

Did he or did he not lose a match to a home gym?

VSG
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
The home gym turned on him in a classic heel change! Remember Trish kissing Christian at WM 20? Ya, that blonde has nothing on that Biceps Curl and the Ab-cruncher..

Swiss Ultimate
04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Only after his heel turn though.

VSG
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Ok then the gym was a super face! Never looked at it that way..

The Gold Standard
04-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Truthfully, I feel like they are pushing Bryan down our throats. The point NXT is to develop stars and I feel they are only trying to develop Bryan.

6-String King
04-18-2010, 11:54 PM
but he looks like such a douche bag
http://www.05news.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Bryan-Danielson.jpg

VSG
04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
No, Otunga and Barret are getting a good exposure on other shows not to mention young!

Juan
04-18-2010, 11:58 PM
but he looks like such a douche bag
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7580/garyv.jpg

Agreed

The Gold Standard
04-19-2010, 12:08 AM
No, Otunga and Barret are getting a good exposure on other shows not to mention young!

That just started. Going into last week I felt it was Bryan and the rest of the rookies. Now they are starting to build everyone, but everyone just seem far behind based on what WWE did with Bryan.

6-String King
04-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Agreed

LoL Juan keeps pictures of me on his computer.

Juan
04-19-2010, 03:06 AM
either that or your pictures are in the photo album...

6-String King
04-19-2010, 03:11 AM
either that or your pictures are in the photo album...

No you keep pictures of me on your computer...fucking weirdo

Fignuts
04-19-2010, 04:14 AM
No, they are in the photo album.

Really. You put them there.

6-String King
04-19-2010, 04:40 AM
No, they are in the photo album.

Really. You put them there.

No shit shirlock no need to be so literal on here FigNuts

Swiss Ultimate
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Sherlock..

kareru
04-19-2010, 09:00 AM
http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/wrestling/uploads/2009/08/bryan-danielson.jpg
it's the final countdown

Fignuts
04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
ITS THE FINAL COWWW NOWWWWWW

Swiss Ultimate
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Someone put his entrance music in the thread on autoplay.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2010, 12:03 PM
What I love about how they've used Daniel Bryan so far, is how when he eventually does win a match, it will be fucking HUGE. Well, maybe not the biggest thing ever -- but they've really given him a journey. They've also given him the freedom of being who he is, and allowing his past under Shawn Michaels and even William Regal (a heel) to be brought up.

In my ideal world, Bryan and Regal's NXT altercation will lead to some more matches between the two, where Regal actually rips into Bryan. "I voted for you last time, but you not having won a match in the WWE has embarrassed me as your trainer. You were those red trunks as a tribute to me, but as you can see by my current attire -- I've moved on," that sort of stuff. Daniel Bryan can get his first win against Regal, and from there move away from the bland red trunk look, get some funky attire, and continue his rise as not only a great professional wrestler; but a great "sports entertainer."

Swiss Ultimate
04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I am just hoping for the arrogant cocky heel Bryan to come out. Once the WWE has the chance to see what he can do as a heel we can worry about turning him face later on.

Still, they could go a lot of different routes with him, he is afterall versatile.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm really trying not to get angry about him losing to Regal in 2 minutes. I tell myself "it's WWE, they always do this, you've been getting frustrated by it for a decade or more. move on" but it just doesn't work...

Swiss Ultimate
04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Think of it as the Teacher knowing a few tricks the student did not know, at least kayfabe-wise. In real life this is the WWE making sure that Bryan won't flake after losing a match and letting him pay his dues in an accelerated fashion.