PDA

View Full Version : If Swagger loses...

Xero
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
If Swagger loses at Extreme Rules to Orton, where does that put him?

Will this run give him enough of a push to move on and up? Or will the run be considered a disaster/waste?

Juan
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
See Sheamus

Supreme Olajuwon
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I dunno about waste for Swagger, but it'd just be another young guy who got close to the top tier but couldn't quite make it. WWE has been so careful about protecting Orton, Cena, Batista, HHH, etc that they will only lose feuds to guys in the top tier. If they weren't willing to put Punk, Kofi, or Sheamus into the top tier yet, I can't imagine Swagger would be the guy.

Ermaximus
04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
See Rey Mysterio's WHC Title run.

Kane Knight
04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
If Swagger loses, the gay community will be devastated.

ImpactPlayer365
04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
If He loses then Orton gets drafted to Smackdown...and continues to feud with Swagger hopefully. If not then damn the WWE for these pointless title reigns, but Orton would be the WHC and thats good shit.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm hoping this match is just a feud transition for Orton and somebody will run in and cost him the match. The last thing Orton needs is the belt. That would crush his face build. Gotta make the audience yearn for a title win like they did with Austin.

St. Jimmy
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
is the briefcase off of swagger? THEN IT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!

St. Jimmy
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RthZgszykLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RthZgszykLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Poit
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm hoping this match is just a feud transition for Orton and somebody will run in and cost him the match.

It'd be a good time for DiBiase's Fortunate Sons stable to debut.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't think it would be a waste. Swagger will always be able to say that he successfully cashed in the Money in the Bank briefcase he won and became a World Heavyweight Champion. His ring work has been top-notch lately, and his promo work is better than most. He'll be fine. Orton winning the title would merely lead to an extended feud between the two, in my opinion.

I can definitely see Orton winning at Extreme Rules, to be honest -- but I think the best booking would be for Cody Rhodes to return, and cost Orton the match. Then Rhodes and Orton can both be drafted to SmackDown!, where they can continue their program.

XCaliber
04-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Swagger won't lose the WHC plain and simple this match is only to give him a little credibility and solidify Orton's face turn therefore otherwise the whole thing is a complete waste.

Evil Vito
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I feel it would be a bit of a waste. Swagger's lost all but one match since winning the belt. If he then jobbed to Orton it would feel like they just got the MITB cash-in and title reign over with as quickly as possible because there will be a MITB PPV in July.</font>

The Franchise
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
His Swag will definitely be turned off

Nark Order
04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't know if it would be a waste but I'm still trying to figure out why they even made him Champion in the first place if they were going to job him in every single match he has.

He loses to Morrison on Smackdown as well.

Jordan
04-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah with Swagger losing all of his matches lately I think WWE will pull a fast one (so they think) and have him somehow victorious over Orton. Probably an attack by "The Fortunate Son's", who I think are Joe Henning, and Ted and Mike Diabiase.

Cody seems to be lost at the moment, I have no idea where he fits in.

I also think Swagger is pulling off his reign quite well and it very entertaining. I hope he continues for another month or two, so that maybe he can get over enough to be a new WWE "Superstar".

Evil Vito
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I see both Orton and DiBiase getting drafted to SmackDown, with DiBiase starting his stable there.

Cody probably stays on Raw. Goldust gets drafted to Raw and perhaps tries to groom the reluctant Cody into taking over the Goldust character. I don't think anybody would ever buy Cody as a legit serious heel, so comedy is probably in his future on Raw.</font>

Swiss Ultimate
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
So, Swagger wins the Money in the Bank, defeats Jericho for the title, then immediately jobs to Orton who doesn't even need the belt?

If they're going to pull the trigger on a guy they need to do it seriously.

Also, Orton needs a good long title chase first.

If I were booking this, I'd screw Orton out of the title and #1 contendership over the course of a month and a half, rehash the angle with Rock and the Corporation by having Swagger surrounded by a bunch of heels who will go to war with Orton for 2-3 months. Then, after Orton has earned his shot at the title again (after defeating Swagger's stable) have him face him on PPV and take the title.

Kane Knight
04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
<object width="480" height="385">
</param>
</param>
</param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RthZgszykLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

YAY!

Volare
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
It's funny, Orton got the first title shot against Sheamus, and lost due to Legacy screwing him over, and now he gets the first title shot against schwagga. This leads me to think Orton is gonna get screwed somehow again.

Swiss Ultimate
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RthZgszykLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

I knew there was cake somewhere!

Emperor Smeat
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Would be a bit of a waste to have him lose too soon since every other winner of the MiTB got a decent title reign but at the same time it does give WWE an excuse to give Swagger a test reign.

It would be similar to Orton's 1st title reign that was short and weak but it gave the WWE a chance to test out Orton in the main events.

DAMN iNATOR
04-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Can't imagine why Orton would even NEED another title run, but I'd say he has a fair shot at taking the title at Extreme Rules...not that I'd WANT to see that happen, it's just an issue of who you put next in line for a title shot after Orton. Possibly Edge and/or Jericho if Orton is unsuccessful Sunday.

Kane Knight
04-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Would be a bit of a waste to have him lose too soon since every other winner of the MiTB got a decent title reign but at the same time it does give WWE an excuse to give Swagger a test reign.

It would be similar to Orton's 1st title reign that was short and weak but it gave the WWE a chance to test out Orton in the main events.

Errr...Didn't Edge's MitB title win last three weeks?

Volare
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Bingo.

Jeritron
04-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Edge's MITB title win didn't last very long, but there was no doubt about the fact that he was ready to win the title.
He had been built for years, and his heel turn was on fire. Even though that first title reign was short-lived, it put him on the map and he went on to fued with Mick Foley before entering right back into the title picture and staying there to this day.

Jeritron
04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
RVD was also ready, as was Punk the second time.

I think Swagger's current run has the most in common with Punk's first MITB title win. That wasn't taken very seriously either.

Kane Knight
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Edge's MITB title win didn't last very long, but there was no doubt about the fact that he was ready to win the title.
He had been built for years, and his heel turn was on fire. Even though that first title reign was short-lived, it put him on the map and he went on to fued with Mick Foley before entering right back into the title picture and staying there to this day.
Edge fellating aside, that kind of misses the point.

Jeritron
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
The point is that Edge and Swagger's situations are different because of where they were at the time of cashing in the case.

Anybody Thrilla
04-22-2010, 02:38 PM
That's hardly Edge fellating either. Seems like a pretty fair assesment.

Also, if Swagger loses, I riot.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
This match is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT for Jack Swagger's career.

Jordan
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I think if Swagger wins against Orton a feud with Rey Mysterio would be a good next step.

Kane Knight
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
The point is that Edge and Swagger's situations are different because of where they were at the time of cashing in the case.

Yeah, Edge was so hot he got "boring" chants during a decent portion of his heel turn, especially with the Lita debacle. I know, you love Edge, so you'll block that part out, because fairness is a bad thing in wrestling. I also know Edge wasn't untested like Swagger, going back nearly a decade in wrestling at that point, but the argument that was made was "Swagger losing so soon would be bad because nobody else has." Even offering up how "it's different," you're not particularly offering anything to said argument.

Of course, there could be the argument you're supporting my claim, since if even an established and "hot" heel ("boring" chants prove someone's over just like changing the channel proves someone's a good heel lol) can drop the title, then clearly a test run for a less established heel can end in that timeframe.

Of course, you could be pointing out something wholly irrelevant or worse, supporting the notion that Swagger should get a longer run because he's less established....

Shadow
04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Swagger should job to my 6 month old puppy who is better established in the WWE then he is.

Emperor Smeat
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Errr...Didn't Edge's MitB title win last three weeks?

Ended up forgetting that Edge won it on January and lost it around a month later at the Royal Rumble ppv in 2006.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2010, 02:56 AM
I absolutely loved Swagger's promo on SmackDown! this week, calling himself "the antidote" to Randy Orton's venom. Swagger has done so well with his reign so far -- his ring work has been exceptional, and his promo work has its moments and then some. He's also got a really good attitude judging by interviews I've seen with the guy.

My hope is that Swagger retains the title against Orton with help from Cody Rhodes, who is then drafted to SmackDown!, as is Orton, and their feud continues as Swagger feuds with a bunch of guys at Over the Limit, where I could see them doing a Scramble Match, or something.

wehavebensavedy2j
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM
It's funny, Orton got the first title shot against Sheamus, and lost due to Legacy screwing him over, and now he gets the first title shot against schwagga. This leads me to think Orton is gonna get screwed somehow again.

Rhodes is out with a "concussion" i could see him coming in and screwing Orton