PDA

View Full Version : Is he worth keeping around? (Vladimir Kozlov)

Rollermacka
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdunmoJVrqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdunmoJVrqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So didnt Koslov say something about if he's not traded in the Draft he's leaving the WWE? I havent seen him on any of the future endeavors for him yet, is he worth keeping around? Personally, I dont "hate" seeing him on tv. He is no Ivan Koloff or Nikolai Volkoff, but he fills that spot for "generic large foreigen heel". I would say keep him around for alittle while, at least untill they can find a replacement.

Afterlife
05-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I have nothing major against him.

DarKCentaur
05-02-2010, 12:58 AM
If Robert DeNiro ever guest hosts, I'm sure shenanigans and wacky misunderstandings would ensue.

The Pope
05-02-2010, 01:30 AM
I think he's a good wrestler, just tried to push him too quickly

.44 Magdalene
05-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I must admit he's grown on me. There's certainly less useful wrestlers around, if we have to cut somebody.

St. Jimmy
05-02-2010, 02:44 AM
He has potential.

dronepool
05-02-2010, 04:11 AM
I like him, why not?

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2010, 09:11 AM
He loves Double Double E.

Kane Knight
05-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I'd probably keep him around. He seems a good wrestler, if not necessarily spectacular.

SupaNovaHBK
05-02-2010, 09:26 AM
keep him around. go back to wen he had no theme entrance haha loved that... rememinded me of good old communism for some reason :D

Volare
05-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Rammstein should've did his theme.

BillyBonez
05-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I think he is really good and he is a natural athlete because when u look around the WWE, a lot of dudes are more like models, but this guy u can see is a firm, toned, real fighter.

GD
05-02-2010, 10:16 AM
The WWE need to mould him.

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I must admit he's grown on me. There's certainly less useful wrestlers around, if we have to cut somebody.

Yeah... That's exactly how they decide who to fire...

AKin3D
05-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I like him.

If WWE wanted to they could build him up to on day take over for Kane.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I think he is really good and he is a natural athlete because when u look around the WWE, a lot of dudes are more like models, but this guy u can see is a firm, toned, real fighter.

lmfao

Jordan
05-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Your going with a gay gimmick on TPWW... :nono:

FourFifty
05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
He's only good as a hired gun IMHO. Hell, if Ted Jr's stable doesn't work out, make him Ted's muscle rodied and white Virgil.

Afterlife
05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Your going with a gay gimmick on TPWW... :nono:

You're going with an illiterate gimmick on TPWW... :nono:

Afterlife
05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
He's only good as a hired gun IMHO. Hell, if Ted Jr's stable doesn't work out, make him Ted's muscle rodied and white Virgil.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I don't currently see how Kozlov can really be a self-sustaining independent character. Maybe in time, but not right now.

If I could noid it up for a moment, I might have Carlito garner a few wins, maybe a quick US title run. Then challenge whatever face for a WHC match -- maybe Orton. Do the whole thing about how Carlito's never been up to par for a WHC, and that he just doesn't have it. But Carlito mentions having a secret weapon.

In the midst of the match, Kozlov comes out and turns the match in Carlito's favor, becoming "The Secret Weapon" Vladimir Kozlov. He basically fights all of Carlito's battles for him, but eventually you do the Deisel thing and turn the muscle against the brain. At which point, either he can finally stand alone, or he gets the B2 treatment.

Johnny McNasty
05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Why are him and big Zeke not tagging. Neither one are doing anything, and they looked quite menacing together.

thedamndest
05-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I liked his character better when he wore white and had no theme. But he's made a lot of improvements in the ring since then. He has a great look.

Mr. Nerfect
05-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I like Vladimir Kozlov in a weird sort of way. He has a use in the same way that Mike Knox had a use. He's a big dude that is alright at times. Sometimes he can be deceptively fun to watch. But to be honest, I would not shed a tear if Vladimir Kozlov left; and I don't think he makes the WWE enough money to justify being called an asset to the company.

My honest answer is "no."

XCaliber
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
If his english was a bit more polished I can't help but think he would have been WHC by now as I think he's good on the mic but just difficult to understand. He should have been traded to SD since RAW's roster is so bloated currently with more talent and will likely end up getting lost in the shuffle unfortunately. If they decide to ever turn Swagger face I think he could very well be an ideal opponent for him and could put on quite the clinic even though there styles differ it could still be entertaining perhaps.

Ermaximus
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I think he'd fit well in the role of a "monster." Just have him come out after matches and destroy guys. Primo, Carlito, Goldust, Ryder, Evan Bourne, Yoshi Tatsu, Regal. Hell, he could come out and just decimate whoever for whatever reason. Make that his gimmick for a bit. I'd almost be ok with a match between him and Sheamus with both claiming to be the most brutal guy in the WWE. It may lead somewhere and it may not, but at least it'd give the guy a chance to do something aside from job and wrestle the occasional match on Superstars.

DAMN iNATOR
05-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Why are him and big Zeke not tagging. Neither one are doing anything, and they looked quite menacing together.

Kozlov's on "the RED brand", Big Zeke's on "the BLUE brand", sooo...yeah.

Ermaximus
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Kozlov's on "the RED brand", Big Zeke's on "the BLUE brand", sooo...yeah.

Um, no. They are both on Raw. Zeke got drafted to Raw.

XL
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I think they seriously wanted to push Zeke (Last ECW Champion and all) and that's why they split him from Kozlov/Regal.

But they held off debuting him on SmackDown! after ECW folded, then his father died around WM time and he got injured. I expect a serious push for him when/if he returns.

As for Kozlov, I've never been a fan. I accepted him as part of the Ruthless Roundtable but don't care for him outside of that. He's a guy that they could cut, people wouldn't miss and he won't go on to be an asset to TNA like Anderson and Pope have become and Mickie and Benjamin could be.

NoRoolz
05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah I'd say so.

Decent big bloke, plus he looks like he'd bite sensitive body parts without much reluctancy.

Always good.

Lock Jaw
05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't miss him.

He is decent as a generic foreign heel.

Still can't believe he was ever involved in the main event scene over on Smackdown for a few months.

Mooияakeя™
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
No. He's holding back the god that is Regal. I remember when we all thought Regal was getting a title run. This forum almost turned white.

Afterlife
05-05-2010, 11:02 PM
He would have, if he hadn't fucked it up. Now I don't care if he ever does.

Triple Naitch
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I dunno. I think they've run out of anything good for him. Any new gimmick would require him to be in about 100 squash matches with him saying he wants challenge. I'm bored with him.

BillyBonez
05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
They need to give him a new gimmick and I got an idea. He should become a militarist Russian militant who commits terrorist actions against USA because he wants revenge for Russia losing the cold war and wants communism to be reborn.

He will say the top stars of WWE stand for capitalism and he will kill them.

DarKCentaur
05-08-2010, 10:52 AM
He can then recruit Daniel Bryan, who apparently hates capitalism as well

BillyBonez
05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
He can then recruit Daniel Bryan, who apparently hates capitalism as well

Who will now be known as "The Red Dragon".

Autobahn
05-09-2010, 07:26 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/7/128731770104639611.jpg

Afterlife
05-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I believe we have a thread for that.

GD
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
This never gets old

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_Tw5l1SBzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_Tw5l1SBzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>