PDA

View Full Version : Who is overrated?

Jordan
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Who does the IWC or wrestling fans in general overrate in your opinion? And why?

First for me, Brian Kendrick. I enjoyed him in WWE where all juniors have limited move sets, but now that he is in TNA, ROH, and Dragon Gate... I really can't stand him. I feel like he is SO over rated, sure he can work the mic in the backstage angles alright, but his wrestling ... well he is no AJ Styles, or Christopher Daniels, and that's how people on the net tend to tout the guy.

Maybe he was that good a while ago, but I really think he has lost his touch, I don't see him putting on four star matches night in and night out, and that annoys me. Because people tend to think he is the new Jericho or something, give me a break.

Swiss Ultimate
05-03-2010, 02:50 PM
AJ Styles. I like him. Think he could be an excellent Intercontinental Champion. His finisher and theme music both suck.

How can you finish a match with a move that looks less painful/hard-hitting than half of your arsenal?

CSL
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
'Suspension of disbelief'

tjmidnight420
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Brian Kendrick.

I feel like he's been watered down for so long that it's gonna take awhile for him to get back into the swing of things.

Swiss Ultimate
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
'Suspension of disbelief'

The "Suspension of Disbelief" Ric Flair

Favre4Ever
05-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Someone is going to say Daniel Bryan and then someone else's head is going to explode. Bank on it.

Tyler Killer
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Daniel Bryan

tjmidnight420
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
How can you finish a match with a move that looks less painful/hard-hitting than half of your arsenal?

I agree entirely. His finisher should be a signature move and he should come up with something better.

Schlomey
05-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Drew McIntire

tjmidnight420
05-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Drew McIntire

I agree. I'm not impressed with him... yet.

Jordan
05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree. I'm not impressed with him... yet.

At lest he curbed fat Matt Hardy's head into the steps.

The Franchise
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Samoa Joe

tjmidnight420
05-03-2010, 03:45 PM
At lest he curbed fat Matt Hardy's head into the steps.

Yeah I gotta give him props for that one... Sadly I used to enjoy Matt... when he was better and in better shape... and before he made it a point to whine on twitter.

Schlomey
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
He was my favorite guy there for a while. Until he turned heel on Jeff. I mean seriously that is his brother! How can a guy do that stuff to his brother????? Now I can't even look him in the eyes through the TV cuz all I can see is the man who hurt his family.

Thriller
05-03-2010, 04:00 PM
The young bucks and Jack Evans

tjmidnight420
05-03-2010, 04:00 PM
He was my favorite guy there for a while. Until he turned heel on Jeff. I mean seriously that is his brother! How can a guy do that stuff to his brother????? Now I can't even look him in the eyes through the TV cuz all I can see is the man who hurt his family.

That was the last time he was even remotely decently booked.. and Jeff was the money in that feud.

.44 Magdalene
05-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Clox

More seriously, Jack Swagger.

Schlomey
05-03-2010, 04:06 PM
That was the last time he was even remotely decently booked.. and Jeff was the money in that feud.

Feud? You mean he really didn't kill his dog and burn his house down? I really should see a therapist.

tjmidnight420
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Feud? You mean he really didn't kill his dog and burn his house down? I really should see a therapist.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jordan
05-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Clox

More seriously, Jack Swagger.

I understand that, I mean he came from losing every match for months to the champ in no time. However, I liked him on ECW thought he was pretty good then, now though he is proving himself to me, having great matches every time he walks out. He may grow on you in the long run.

This one is controversial in these parts but....

Edge...

I can't stand him right now. I reeeally can't stand his accent, his over annunciation of certain words and sounds such as "T's" make it hard for me to believe anything he says. Also, he has a certain RVD problem. He has a great moveset, but no transitional moves, it's all big impact, cool looking moves but they always kinda come out of nowhere with little psychology worked in other than "that's Edge's move".

Also, SPEAR?

How the fuck do you kick out of a Batista spear, and then less than a minute later get pinned because Edge hit's the same move.

It just makes no sense.

I do respect Edge, he has had some AMAZING matches and angles in the past. But since his return he has struggled to get my attention for a significant period of time.

I am hoping that his turn to Raw and hopefully going back to being a piece of shit asshole will work for me. He is a great motherfucker when he wants to be.

Jordan
05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Another one...

Christian. This tough because Christian obviously has a great mind for the business and a fantastic sense of psychology, he was constantly in great matches all year last year.

However, I cannot stand his entrance and his poses. His character now is kind of a "bad ass" and he is anything but a bad ass. He hardly looks like a wrestler. I really don't think he is that much more defined physically than I am. He just reminds me of a wrestler from a WWE game more than a real person. I also can't stand his mic work as a babyface, he just doesn't look like a bad ass. He looks like a creepy little bastard and that what he should be.

Make Edge a psychotic gold addicted nut job on Raw, and make Christian turn heel on Rey or Undertaker and become the Jericho/Flair/HBK cocky sneaky dastardly heel.

I really like both these guys but at them moment consider them HIGHLY overrated and under developed.

St. Jimmy
05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
anyone who isn't Triple H, CM Punk, Edge or Randy Orton.

St. Jimmy
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
currrently working, that is.

Mr. Nerfect
05-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I will agree with Edge, but for the reason that he can seemingly only play one character in today's day and age. His face run was pretty much a flop.

Rammsteinmad
05-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Triple H. I shouldn't have to explain this one.

Damian Rey
05-03-2010, 10:07 PM

Someone cue James Steele.

Sixx
05-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Samoa Joe

This.

XCaliber
05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre and I've stated my case on them previously on several occasions.

RiX1024
05-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Drew Mcintyre! got pushed too much, people resent the guy! same with Shemus!

Sorry to say but John Cena, yeah he puts asses into seats and sells merchandise but i'm sick of the guy, he was awesome as a heel until WWE turned him face, i resented him!

Matt Hardy is another one, idk if he's passed it or not.

Sixx
05-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Drew Mcintyre! got pushed too much, people resent the guy! same with Shemus!

Sorry to say but John Cena, yeah he puts asses into seats and sells merchandise but i'm sick of the guy, he was awesome as a heel until WWE turned him face, i resented him!

Matt Hardy is another one, idk if he's passed it or not.

Dude, no need to shout.

James Steele
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Samoa Joe

:y: Fuck yes! I just do not understand it.

Not a Triple H video!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5x_-IoeSB-A&███████████&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5x_-IoeSB-A&███████████&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Schlomey
05-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Sheamus is not overrated. Sheamus is the best young fella the WWE have.

Here is why.

When he was given the championship everyone was like WTF. Did his title reign suck? Hells no. He actually put on decent enough matches and didn't suck at life. After his title reign did he fall off into obscurity? No he has been prominently featured every week in one fashion or another.

MoFo
05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
SHELTON BOTCHFEST BENJAMIN

RiX1024
05-04-2010, 01:13 PM
i aint shouting, i have a habit of putting ! after every sentence, lol! anyways, my problem with Shemus is that he was given the title way too soon (hell i was shocked when he was given the strap), if they gave him more time to build him up, it would be better and maybe a longer title reign.

Shelton ain't overrated, one of the best wrestlers WWE had, oh well their loss!

tjmidnight420
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
i aint shouting, i have a habit of putting ! after every sentence, lol! anyways, my problem with Shemus is that he was given the title way too soon (hell i was shocked when he was given the strap), if they gave him more time to build him up, it would be better and maybe a longer title reign.

Shelton ain't overrated, one of the best wrestlers WWE had, oh well their loss!

Fella the period is easier to hit on the fly when typing (assuming you can type at any decent speed). Also, spelling and grammar counts big time around here (This means proper punctuation).

On topic: Hulk Hogan. I don't remember if that's already been said. I just felt the need to throw it out there. :shifty:

BigDaddyCool
05-04-2010, 01:28 PM
your favorite wrestler because you like him.

The Show Off
05-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Daniel Bryan

*head explodes*

Innovator
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
The Motor City Flippy McFlips

.44 Magdalene
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
anyone who isn't Triple H, CM Punk, Edge or Randy Orton.

I think that Randy Orton is overrated. Not by much, just a little bit.