PDA

View Full Version : TNA has TV! Sort of Offical!

Dave Youell
04-16-2004, 08:38 AM
The following comes from PWTorch.com Jason Powell Report

Jeff Jarrett told UFC officials that the television deal with Fox Sports Network has been finalized. Jarrett met with UFC officials two weeks ago in Las Vegas at the site of the UFC pay-per-view event. Jarrett pitched the idea of doing an inter-promotional angle and some cross-promotional opportunities. UFC’s Dana White passed on both offers, as he said it wouldn’t be a good idea for UFC to get involved with a pro wrestling company. During the meetings, Jarrett told White that the UFC deal had been finalized and spoke of June as the starting date. The latest word on the TV schedule for TNA is that they will tape bi-weekly in Orlando, Fla. for FSN, and will be dropping the weekly pay-per-views in favor of airing monthly events. This means the wrestlers would work the same number of dates they are now. Although most wrestlers believed they would be working four dates per month when they signed their TNA contracts, they have been working three per month ever since TNA started pre-taping the America’s X Cup shows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's talk of a Sunday Time Slot which won't conflict with any current WWE Shows

SukkaChump
04-16-2004, 08:39 AM
hurray! finally all those letters and phone calls pulled off! not to the company but to my friends bitching about how it should be on TV, and i can stop paying for PPV's... huzzah!

The Ravishing One
04-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Cool :y:

bobfinger
04-16-2004, 10:20 AM
This could possibly kick ass if another wrestling promotion got something going. They key here is if they can actually draw a regular audience, and then start drawing people away from WWE. Then we could quite possibly have some very entertaining wrestling shows once the two shows start competing for ratings. I am pretty excited to see just what will happen.

Loose Cannon
04-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Finally, another wrestling program I can watch and the best part of all: AJ STYLES. I hope they still air on Wednesdays though.

The Mackem
04-16-2004, 10:43 AM
They need to raise their production standards to be honest but this is good news :y:

SuperSlim
04-16-2004, 10:51 AM
sounds good

Gertner
04-16-2004, 10:54 AM
****in right!!!!!

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 11:57 AM
They need to raise their production standards to be honest but this is good news :y:
Well, if they draw more than 10 people, they probably will.

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Never watched TNA before, but I've looked around their site, they seem to have some pretty good workers on their roster, and I'm excited that they'll be another promotion on television now, so I'm definetely going to be watching.

For those of you who have/do watch, is it generally any good?

The CyNick
04-16-2004, 12:44 PM
If the TV isn't a good time slot, I think this will be the end for them.

tucsonspeed6
04-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Sunday night, huh?

My prediction: TNA will have awesome ratings for three shows out of the week, followed by one show that will totally suck.

Or...

My prediction: The WWE will feel no losses in their Raw/Smackdown ratings, but will have a huge drop in PPV sales.

Either way, this won't be the same as WWF vs WCW. WWE's PPV's may start getting good though. Wait a minute... now that I think about it, they'd have to promote the good PPV's with good Raws and good Smackdowns. This may be the perfect timeslot for both franchises. TNA only loses one show per month to WWE, and WWE's overall programming gets better with the competition. Sounds good.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Ya, this is good news. compettition = motivation = better shows = better ppvs = better profits and better product, good for both promotions, should be interesting to see. Long live WWE but give NWA-TNA a chance.

Oxstar
04-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Does any one know if it will be shown in the uk?

PureHatred
04-16-2004, 04:04 PM
It's being shown on FoxSportsNet...isn't there some sort of UK equivalent? I thought Rupert Murdoch owned a lot of the networks there.

The CyNick
04-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Ya, this is good news. compettition = motivation = better shows = better ppvs = better profits and better product, good for both promotions, should be interesting to see. Long live WWE but give NWA-TNA a chance.

I dont think the TV will get any better, because there is no competition.

However the PPVs might get better because the WWE might save more matches for PPV instead of doing them on TV to go against TNA.

But realistically nobody is going to take a promotion seriously that is built around Jeff Jarrett.

They really need to sign up Hogan, Goldberg and Sting.

Boondock Saint
04-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Sweet. I haven't seen it since last summer. I was planning on ordering it when school gets out...but if this happens, I'll wait til June.

Bazooka
04-16-2004, 07:51 PM
That'd be awesome. Have they picked up Kanyon or Sean O'Haire yet? That would rule

ColdwaVer
04-16-2004, 08:36 PM
The thing is, if they don't improve the overall booking and keep letting Jarrett "HHH" their title, people won't put up with them much.

Though X Division on TV = :y:

tucsonspeed6
04-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Two bi-weekly taped shows = :(
No live shows = :(

Corkscrewed
04-17-2004, 01:35 AM
w00t! I get Fox Sports Net!

Savio
04-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Any airing times yet.

Rob
04-17-2004, 07:29 AM
They actually aren't any closer to having TV than they were 2 months ago. People at Fox Sports Net are still saying no deal has been done or is near to being done. The UFC connection is practically dead already as they need more help from Vince McMahon than Jeff Jarrett (more on that later).

If TNA get this TV deal, they'll be dead within a year.

tucsonspeed6
04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
They can't die if people watch. I'd watch....

Kane Knight
04-17-2004, 02:58 PM
The problem is, they need meaningful numbers. A few people saying "I'd watch" won't help their ratings, unless it gets backed up. It needs to be backed up by sizable numbers in a time where even the established wrestling brand isn't doing all that well.

They don't even have a timeslot right now, but they'd need a damn good one, and it'll still be hard to pack people in.

Rob
04-17-2004, 04:24 PM
The timeslot FSN wants to give them (Sunday 12pm Eastern) will do nothing from them. UFC had specials on that network that did the biggest ratings on the network and twice as much as the Best Damn Sports Show Period and they only did a 0.9.

Until it's signed, don't believe it's happening.

Kane Knight
04-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Midnight? On a Sunday?

what, are they TRYING to kill it?

Funky Fly
04-17-2004, 04:27 PM
12pm is noon.