PDA

View Full Version : Ted DiBiase Jr.'s New Storyline

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
On RAW, we saw the beginning of a new storyline with Ted DiBiase, who has received a large trust fund from his father, the Million Dollar Man. The storyline goes that Ted was to receive the trust fund after either his 30th birthday or his first WrestleMania match, which happened this year. Ted is using his money to pay off WWE Superstars off, as seen on RAW last night with the Colons attacking R-Truth. He's also sporting the classic Million Dollar Belt. - Written by Michael Bluth & Posted on Rajah.com

Ok a few weeks ago when those segments ran between Ted & Truth I was like..."meh whatever". I honestly didn't expect it to grow into this. Honestly I thought it was just a way to kill time and get guys on TV when they didn't have much else to do.

I am super thrilled that they are going this route after all. Million Dollar Corporation or even hired guns could really set DiBiase a part from what he was doing before. What would be even better is if we see Ted Sr. show up to manage or even be the babyface in this storyline.

So what you fuckers think!@?

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Oh yeah, and he looked super sporting that suit and Million Dollar Belt.

Nark Order
05-11-2010, 03:50 PM
This whole storyline has the potential to be really incredible here actually. This is the first mid-card storyline I've been interested in in quite awhile. Ted being his father version 2 is pretty perfect.

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I assumed that he would start this gig immediately when he was brought in. I was shocked that it took over 2 years to get it going but yeah, I agree with you, it has tons of potential!

DrA
05-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I was supposed to inherit a huge trust find as well but never had a Wrestlemania match.

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 03:54 PM
what's a trust find?

XCaliber
05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
As long as he is getting tv time that's all that matters to me right now especially considering RAW has such a bloated lockeroom of talent but it'd be nice to see him involved in the US title picture.

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Xcaliber - The mid card has been spread pretty thin. I am glad that a real storyline is in affect and not just random guys chasing the US title.

Loose Cannon
05-11-2010, 03:57 PM
would love to see another Million Dollar Corporation. It's the perfect heel turn for babyfaces. "He sold out"

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
sub question: ASSUMING we get another Million Dollar Corporation, WHO is joining? Who sells out!?

My first guess is Evan Bourne. He is SUCH the babyface. Him selling out could possibly be the only real way to make him look bad.

Brigstocke
05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I absolutely love Ted to death, anything he touches in the future will be golden.

Droford
05-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Cena

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
ru for seriuos?

Kane Knight
05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Of course he's not.

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
and I was?

Kane Knight
05-11-2010, 04:17 PM
You must be.

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Not saying its a good or bad thing, but if this Million Dollar Corporation gets going, I can see Khali joining upon his return to be the 'muscle'. Either him or Mark Henry. They both need something new to do, because being 'happy big face' isn't cutting it.

south776
05-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I think it's a great idea. Especially with the economy being crap right now he can garner some ridiculous heat. It just makes sense for him to follow this path.

I think if they put the right guys around him in a stable or corporation he can easily be the #1 heel within no time.

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Mark Henry could def. use some freshening up. Good call.

XCaliber
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I'd have to concur on the Mark Henry idea he could be the swerve and become the enforcer of the group but there are no other faces I can see envision turning.

Nark Order
05-11-2010, 04:40 PM
This could really work well to turn a bunch of mid-carders into great heels here. I remember back in the day where Ted Dibiase said that he purchased an insurance policy and everybody thought that it was Lex Luger. Then everybody was swerved to find out that it was actually Tatanka.

Something like this would be fancredible.

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Thinking about the Raw roster, I think the Colons have obvious potential, given this weeks Raw.

Perhaps John Morrison or R-Truth finally turning against the other to join? Would be pretty cool.

And even though he isn't a face, I could see Ezekiel Jackson as a good fit.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
John Morrison is prolly the perfect candidate.

Nark Order
05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Shad would actually be the perfect candidate in my mind, if he were not on Smackdown. Also, Ezekiel Jackson would make a great addition when he returns.

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
This could really work well to turn a bunch of mid-carders into great heels here. I remember back in the day where Ted Dibiase said that he purchased an insurance policy and everybody thought that it was Lex Luger. Then everybody was swerved to find out that it was actually Tatanka.

Something like this would be fancredible.

I was so pissed at him when I was a kid. I instantly hated him. :y:

Swiss Ultimate
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
- Written by Michael Bluth & Posted on Rajah.com

Ok a few weeks ago when those segments ran between Ted & Truth I was like..."meh whatever". I honestly didn't expect it to grow into this. Honestly I thought it was just a way to kill time and get guys on TV when they didn't have much else to do.

I am super thrilled that they are going this route after all. Million Dollar Corporation or even hired guns could really set DiBiase a part from what he was doing before. What would be even better is if we see Ted Sr. show up to manage or even be the babyface in this storyline.

So what you fuckers think!@?

I'm okay with this.

I'd like to see him try to pay a baby-face with money problems to lay down for him (kind of like what happened with Shawn Michaels and JBL). Could get him over as a heel.

Raven in WCW did a baby-face angle where he suddenly realized he was super-rich and happy.

jskinnyg
05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I was def thinking a big muscle guy like Jackson, but since he's out for now, I like the Mark Henry idea too... The Colon's could play the roles as updated 'Virgils" but more like paid mercenaries like last night... And this might sound weird, but even though I like the stupid Zack Ryder Woo Woo shit, it's over... He would fit in as the asskisser to Ted...

KIRA
05-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Raven in WCW did a baby-face angle where he suddenly realized he was super-rich and happy.

I know:mad::nono:

Loose Cannon
05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
yea, I love the Nikolai Voloff storyline where the babyface doesn't want to join, but has to because of financial issues.

parkmania
05-11-2010, 05:39 PM
With Mark Henry probably taking a few weeks off to sell the Batista beat-down from last night, I could really see him coming back as the muscle.

I'd love to see Ted start talking about getting some more gold in the group, only to have it end up that he recruits Goldust.

jskinnyg
05-11-2010, 05:43 PM
With Mark Henry probably taking a few weeks off to sell the Batista beat-down from last night, I could really see him coming back as the muscle.

I'd love to see Ted start talking about getting some more gold in the group, only to have it end up that he recruits Goldust.

Awesome...

What Would Kevin Do?
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
For some strange reason, I can imagine Yoshi Tatsu in the group.

Imagine him going from being happy jumpy Japanese guy, to hired gun in a suit for Dibiase. I know he's way too small for the typical bodyguard role, but it'd be pretty awesome if he was the guy kicking ass for Ted.

parkmania
05-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Imagine him going from being happy jumpy Japanese guy, to hired gun in a suit for Dibiase. I know he's way too small for the typical bodyguard role, but it'd be pretty awesome if he was the guy kicking ass for Ted.

Green Hornet, meet Kano.

That'd work if Yoshi turns down the high-risk and goes with a more martial-arts moveset.

south776
05-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Does anyone else think it would be an awesome future angle if Ted "bought" the Money In The Bank briefcase and cashed it in on a beaten down Orton to win the title?

jskinnyg
05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Does anyone else think it would be an awesome future angle if Ted "bought" the Money In The Bank briefcase and cashed it in on a beaten down Orton to win the title?

Bought it from the winner.. YES that could work... And Yoshi in the Green Hornet/Kato kinda role... That would kick ASS!

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I agree with the last 2 opinions.

Beth Phoenix Fan
05-11-2010, 08:07 PM
hoping to see mr.perfect jr. soon

Schlomey
05-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah it would be fine for him to bring in some young guys but the REAL money shots here would be some cool heel turns by established mid card guys.

Droford
05-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Cena selling out would be this generations equivalent of Hogan at Bash at the Beach coming out and turning on team WCW.

OWEN ULLRICH
05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Just my opinion...i hate how they just drop random story lines on us instead of showing it on camera we gotta get it word of mouth from Jerry Lawler. what ever happend to the days when they had segments like the Barber shop Shawn crashin Marty head threw plastic window are even the Funeral Parlor when Undertaker use to attack Hogan from behind. My point is they need to stop being so random with these last minute story lines and get better build up with the fueds.

Emperor Smeat
05-12-2010, 01:33 AM

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/387/thetwistedworldofmarges.jpg

Give him a white suit and have a wrestler say something about not wanting to miss Yoshi beat up someone similar to Homer on the Simpsons.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2010, 01:56 AM

I thought of Yoshi Tatsu, too. Right now, he's not in much of a program with anybody, but it's obvious the WWE likes him and wants him to get over. Yoshi Tatsu in a suit just standing by as Ted DiBiase cuts a promo would be awesome. It'd be like Kyo Dai with credibility. You could even have Goldust try and get Tatsu to leave the group (ala Booker T and the nWo). Tatsu can then proceed to get some strong wins over Goldust.

John Morrison would be a bizarre one, but I could see it. He's so far up the card, but he loves the rich lifestyle. It could lead to an interesting John Morrison vs. R-Truth feud. You just have Morrison turn on R-Truth during a tag team match against The Colons.

I'd like to see William Regal in the group, sort of as a "coach" to DiBiase. A guy who is getting paid a lot of money to add his insight into DiBiase's ring stylings. With Regal can come Kozlov, as the muscle. Mark Henry would also work as muscle, but I don't know if it is completely neccessary. He was boring as a heel just recently, before he turned face and became a breath of fresh air.

Vastardikai
05-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Make Michael Tarver his Virgil... :shifty:

The Mackem
05-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Sounds like the Truth has got the potential to be Virgil with this first feud.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Michael Tarver as the Virgil is not actually a bad idea. He can use it to get a kayfabe foot in the door.

Vastardikai
05-12-2010, 12:28 PM
It just came to me when I thought about his REALLY STRONG "farewell" promo.

tjmidnight420
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I like where they're going with DiBiase so far.

XCaliber
05-12-2010, 03:57 PM
It just came to me when I thought about his REALLY STRONG "farewell" promo.

It's funny that you mention that I was thinking the same thing.

Next Big Thing
05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I think Dibiase goes to the next level. I hope Truth goes heel in a manner similar to Tatanka, but I don't want him as Dibiase's virgil. I think he's too talented and decent on the mic for that roll.

Does Virgil not have a son WWE can sign since they're big on second generation stars? LOL.

And if Dibiase has to have a Virgil, why doesn't Cody have a Saphire?

parkmania
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
And if Dibiase has to have a Virgil, why doesn't Cody have a Saphire?

Because they used up this generation's Sapphire as Shelton's mama.

That and Alicia Fox is on the wrong show.

Schlomey
05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
wrong. Sapphire was in the same age range as Dusty. Totally different. I am all for Cody finding a new squeeze. AWESOME FUCKING KONG in Polka Dots...nuff said.