PDA

View Full Version : Skippy gone... already?

Rollermacka
05-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I was rather suprised to see Skip Sheffield leave NXT so quickly was anyone else suprised by that? Ryan Reeves has been in development for along time now, and he has had many diffrent gimmicks ranging from generic cocky heel to acting like a "machine", to this happy oblivious face. Does anyone see him still making it onto RAW or Smackdown and becoming any kinda champion?

Afterlife
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Skip was retarded. In fact, this past NXT was the first time he did anything of interest. But clearly, of who was left to boot, he was the most bootable.

Afterlife
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
To answer the question, after seeing this episode, I think he's got potential. But the generic dopey cowboy thing did NOTHING for him.

Vastardikai
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I thought he was the most underrated of the NXT guys.

Easily the second best talker (behind Wade Barrett)
Probably like fourth in-ring (behind Bryan, Barrett, and Gabriel)
And his finish actually LOOKED devastating.

I'd say keep him on the road, maybe have him be a pet project for Finlay, and he could easily be "any kinda champion."

Xero
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ft5Npda6oUs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ft5Npda6oUs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Evil Vito
05-12-2010, 08:46 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Sheffield will wind up somewhere, as will everyone else on NXT I think.

He can probably be a monster heel manager by Regal, with Kozlov coming along. Sort of like a new Ruthless Roundtable. Maybe that would allow Big Zeke to be a face when he returns or something.</font>

Favre4Ever
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I think he'll most likely wind up as a manager at an Arbys, however.

Next Big Thing
05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I think he'll most likely wind up as a manager at an Arbys, however.

Fuck that. Justin Credible's dirty looking ass got hired at Olive Garden. Skip could easily run a Red Lobster.

Inadequacy
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Wait, he was a Tough Enough guy?

Damian Rey
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Wait, he was a Tough Enough guy?

Yes. He was in the same group with the Miz the year that Puder won. He called himself the "Silverback Gorilla" or some shit like that.

Anyways, I haven't caught an NXT show in weeks, but I always found myself wanting to like Sheffield, if for no reason other than really trying to put all of what he had into that character. You can't say he didn't try.

Either way, I'm hoping he gets sent back down and repackaged into something he can actually work with. His cowboy gimmick reminds me of the character gimmick thread, and Sheff being exactly what a gimmick shouldn't be; shallow, one dimensional, and worst of all, limited.

I think if they build him right, he's got a chance to do something for the company. He obviously has a good look about him, is better in the ring than I think he's allowed to be, and can play a character. There's still a future for him. Just depends on where they decide to go from here.

Emperor Smeat
05-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I think pairing up with Regal probably was the biggest mistake mostly because they already had a Pro dislike his rookie because the rookie looked like a goofball with Punk and Darren Young.

He also never had a chance to develop the lovable goofball gimmick since they tried to make him into a "heel" goofball with him acting angry to other rookies for no real reason the last few weeks. Everyone else managed to stay as a heel or face character without switching.

Hanso Amore
05-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I thinkwe see a new evil sheff as a true regal protege

What Would Kevin Do?
05-12-2010, 11:19 PM

Definitely. Since they're teasing Kozlov teaming up with Santino, I can see Regal bringing Skip to Raw to be his bodyguard, and go after Kozlov.

Volare
05-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Get Shef to try and turn Santino into a cowboy, that'll boost ratings!

Afterlife
05-12-2010, 11:46 PM
I think pairing up with Regal probably was the biggest mistake mostly because they already had a Pro dislike his rookie because the rookie looked like a goofball with Punk and Darren Young.

He also never had a chance to develop the lovable goofball gimmick since they tried to make him into a "heel" goofball with him acting angry to other rookies for no real reason the last few weeks. Everyone else managed to stay as a heel or face character without switching.

Bingo.

Absolutely. Regal seemed happy with Sheff's showing on the ep where he got voted off, so maybe he'll "hire" him as a bodyguard/assistant kinda thing to get him on Raw.

DAMN iNATOR
05-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Fuck that. Justin Credible's dirty looking ass got hired at Olive Garden. Skip could easily run a Texas Roadhouse.

Juan
05-13-2010, 02:46 AM
ahahaha

XCaliber
05-13-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm not surprised in the least his gimmick more or lessed ruined his chances and i'd never realized he was a competitor on Tough Enough he obviously made enough of an impact on that program.

Afterlife
05-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Thing is, I liked him just as Ryan Reeves.

Swiss Ultimate
05-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Is Bryan Danielson still un-undefeated?

XCaliber
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7pYHYThxgc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7pYHYThxgc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RYBAK WINS!

Rollermacka
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not surprised in the least his gimmick more or lessed ruined his chances and i'd never realized he was a competitor on Tough Enough he obviously made enough of an impact on that program.

He was the guy on Tough Enough that had broken ribs and got sick (got a really bad flu or something) and still competed well. I dont like the happy go lucky cowboy gimmick and I wasnt to fond of his Ryback gimmick either (was basically billed as a heel wrestling machine complete with twitches). He did have a short run as just "The Silverback" Ryan Reeves, an old school heel kinda like "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson. If they do decide to keep him around I'd like to see him just go back to something like that.

XCaliber
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Now we know were the jacket came from:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vHvEQ31Ewk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vHvEQ31Ewk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kareru
05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
i liked his lovable idiot type character

YEP! YEP! YEP! WHAT IT DO FELLA?

parkmania
05-13-2010, 02:10 PM
So, he was on NXT to prove that he can portray a character at a high level. I think he showed that he could. Now we wait and see if he gets the chance to wrestle.

Xero
05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Okay, didn't expect Sheamus to have had an instrumental of his WWE theme.

Juan
05-13-2010, 03:10 PM
You ok, xero?

Xero
05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
No. :'(

Skippord
05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
pretty big fan of his backpack stunner

don't like him otherwise though

.44 Magdalene
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM