PDA

View Full Version : Ok, and WHY exactly was Jack Swagger made World Champion?

Mjdiesel
05-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Never could figure that one out.

VSG
05-15-2010, 10:50 AM
To build up another star that the WWE was lacking?

tjmidnight420
05-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Yeah, we're going with this. I think they're doing a pretty good job with him. I just watched SD! earlier and I thought his bit was pretty entertaining.

Ultra Mantis
05-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Because he can put on great matches and draw heat? They're actually doing a really good job with him as World Champion on SD!, sure it would have made more sense if he wasnt jobbing to Bourne and Tatsu a few months before getting the belt but the way he actually won it didn't hurt anyone either.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-15-2010, 11:47 AM
When I watched Smackdown, I felt as if Big Show should be heel and Swagger should be face. David vs Goliath. Big Show came off as a Bully and when he was showing anger, he really had nothing to be pissed at so it was too much. Swagger is trying to overcome his lisp etc.. For the first time since the Attitute Era, I see myself rooting for the straight pledged heel on this occasion.

St. Jimmy
05-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Lisp = Ratings

tjmidnight420
05-15-2010, 12:49 PM
When I watched Smackdown, I felt as if Big Show should be heel and Swagger should be face. David vs Goliath. Big Show came off as a Bully and when he was showing anger, he really had nothing to be pissed at so it was too much. Swagger is trying to overcome his lisp etc.. For the first time since the Attitute Era, I see myself rooting for the straight pledged heel on this occasion.

Wow. A post by AEFan that's not completely retarded. I'm enjoying the way this feud is being booked. I'd say Show's being booked like Randy right now. He's still pulling heel shit, but the fans are cheering for him, although it's probably just based off Swagger's heat.

The Franchise
05-15-2010, 01:15 PM

You never cheered for Cena's opponent? Not even once? LIAR!

Mjdiesel
05-15-2010, 01:30 PM
"Because he can put on great matches and draw heat? They're actually doing a really good job with him as World Champion on SD!, sure it would have made more sense if he wasnt jobbing to Bourne and Tatsu a few months before getting the belt but the way he actually won it didn't hurt anyone either."

Swagger sucks more cock than Taylor St. Claire on her best night.

Enough.

jskinnyg
05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah, we're going with this. I think they're doing a pretty good job with him. I just watched SD! earlier and I thought his bit was pretty entertaining.

This...

Kane Knight
05-15-2010, 01:42 PM
"Because he can put on great matches and draw heat? They're actually doing a really good job with him as World Champion on SD!, sure it would have made more sense if he wasnt jobbing to Bourne and Tatsu a few months before getting the belt but the way he actually won it didn't hurt anyone either."

Enough.

STFU Kane Kni....

Sorry, reflex.

Joesgonnakillyou
05-15-2010, 01:49 PM

Enough.

Can't take you seriously if you can't quote properly, plus you're wrong for reasons already said in the thread

#1-norm-fan
05-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Whether he sucks or not, giving all these guys the world title as a way of pushing them to the main event is beyond retarded.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-15-2010, 01:55 PM
He's a stud. 6'6" probably about 300 pounds, but he moves quick and is extremely athletic. He actually looks natural to me unlike a freak like Batista and he moves fluently in the ring and not clumsy like a stupid body builder.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Because Swagger is awesome.

Enough.

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Enough.

What an intelligent argument. We've been vanquished. TPWW must now be closed forever in the hope that one day we'll be able to salvage some dignity after such a horrific gutting.

Fignuts
05-15-2010, 02:18 PM
psst. I think he just called you stupid.

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Shutup Fignuts. TPWW is closed forever, you ass.

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Oh god, what have I done? I love you Fignuts.

Fignuts
05-15-2010, 02:23 PM
You damn right. Come join the black people group with me and thedric.

Jakob Synn
05-15-2010, 02:55 PM
CHANGE!!! YEAH!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

Mjdiesel
05-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Whether he sucks or not, giving all these guys the world title as a way of pushing them to the main event is beyond retarded.

Thank you.

And fuck the rest of you.
For real...

Jakob Synn
05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
What I thought was even lamer (yeah, that's right! I said lamer) was that after he won the title he lost like what 5 matches in a row.

I felt that was real lame and weak

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Thank you.

And fuck the rest of you.
For real...

You're going to have to buy me dinner first, you heathen.

Evil Vito
05-15-2010, 04:08 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm looking forward to the Swagger/Show match, but yeah I can see why some would have a problem with how it's being booked. I get the point that Show was trying to get across by destroying all of Swagger's trophies, but from a kayfabe perspective it definitely was kinda dickish. He pretty much just ruined all of his past memories and accomplishments.</font>

Jakob Synn
05-15-2010, 04:15 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm looking forward to the Swagger/Show match, but yeah I can see why some would have a problem with how it's being booked. I get the point that Show was trying to get across by destroying all of Swagger's trophies, but from a kayfabe perspective it definitely was kinda dickish. He pretty much just ruined all of his past memories and accomplishments.</font>

Swagger is supposed to be heel bragging to the crowd and Show coming out stopping it and destroying it is to make fun of Swagger and the crowd goes wild because they love seeing a babyface destory personal belongings of a heel and as well, Show interupted a segment that they didn't like.

Though I do agree that it's not really a great way to get Show over for a face turn

Supreme Olajuwon
05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Steve Austin gave women the stunner
The Rock bullied weak little announcers
Shawn Michaels superkicked a 6 year old girl

But the Big Show breaking trophies, that's out of line.

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM
To be fair, there is no way for us to know what age that little girl was.

Jakob Synn
05-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Steve Austin gave women the stunner
The Rock bullied weak little announcers
Shawn Michaels superkicked a 6 year old girl

But the Big Show breaking trophies, that's out of line.

To be fair, that was when the WWE was cool and didn't have a lame PG rating.

I remember back in the day when watching the WWE whenever they had a man attack a woman TSN would shift to the crowd and not show the woman getting beat.

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Shawn Michaels super kicked that girl under PG guidelines. JUST SAYIN.

Jakob Synn
05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Shawn Michaels super kicked that girl under PG guidelines. JUST SAYIN.

Really? When did this per say superkick happen? I can't quite remember it.

jskinnyg
05-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Dude the trophy segment with Swagger & Show was pretty f'in cool...

Evil Vito
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Don't get me wrong, I really liked the segment. I was fine with it personally. But I can at least understand the argument that it was a weird thing for a guy who JUST turned face to do. Would seem more like a tweener kind of action, but Show is obviously meant to be a full-fledged face.</font>

Evil Vito
05-15-2010, 05:09 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Oh yeah, and during that segment I happened to notice that on top of all the trophies, jackets, etc....there was also a sandwich labeled "The Swagger". I wanted Big Show to eat it. Unless I missed something, he didn't. It would have been hilarious and also would have made the segment feel really complete.</font>

Supreme Olajuwon
05-15-2010, 05:13 PM
It was the Swaggie

Kane Knight
05-15-2010, 05:22 PM
He's a stud.

You nailed it. It's justified because he gives smarks (and conveniently, Vince) wood.

I hear what you're saying, but think about this:

I like him, therefore it doesn't matter if it's a bad idea.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-15-2010, 05:34 PM
You nailed it. It's justified because he gives smarks (and conveniently, Vince) wood.

lol this is why you're such a god awful poster. Now personally I don't care whether or not you think I'm gay, as it is not an issue to me. But just because someone calls someone a stud (a common term in sports, comparing someone to a horse) is not meant to be fodder for you to start talking about boners.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Nark Order
05-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Well there wasn't an argument so he naturally had to make one up. There can't be one thread in the wrestling forum where Kane Knight doesn't argue with somebody about something, STUPID.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm not entirely sure he was being sarcastic. Either way, if a guy is liked by both the IWC and Vinnie Mac, that's probably a good sign he's gonna be successful.

Vastardikai
05-15-2010, 07:01 PM
I read it as this:

Vince likes the fact that he fits the mold of what he sees as a star: Big athletic guy.

The smarks like the fact that he fits the mold of what they see as a star: A guy who can work and can talk (even despite the lisp).

The fact that he can appeal to both is gonna make him, and Vince, money.

Ruien
05-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Because we have so much say in what Vince does.

Perry Saturn
05-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Lisp = Ratings

What person put an "s" in lisp and in ratings

Xero
05-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Swagger: A THUN OF A BITH! THATH WHO!

Schlomey
05-16-2010, 12:45 AM
<----big time Swagga fan

tjmidnight420
05-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Would seem more like a tweener kind of action, but Show is obviously meant to be a full-fledged face.

I don't really feel like Show's supposed to be a full fledged face. What's he really done as a face? Punched a few people in the head? So they've all been heels lately, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a face now.

Dirk Ziggler
05-16-2010, 01:09 AM

Mr. Nerfect
05-16-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm enjoyed Big Show's face turn. I don't see the big problem with it. I mean, yeah destroying stuff is pretty dickish, but faces do that all the time. It's pretty much like how you'll have an obsessive collector of something get his stuff destroyed or handled by a clumsy man-child or detective looking for answers in a movie. It's meant to be "cool" or "funny" when a guy destroys stuff. Kofi Kingston recently did it to Randy Orton's car. Didn't make him a heel.

Show is also really fucking over. A lot of that is probably because the fans hate Swagger, but regardless -- this angle is working. Also, Show destroying Swagger's trophies represented a pretty clear message: Sure, Jack -- you're a freak of nature when it comes to winning. But I am a freak of nature.

Vastardikai
05-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Because we have so much say in what Vince does.

Or maybe because 'we' and Vince like the same guy, for different reasons? To reiterate what I was saying and KK was implying.

Vince stereotypically likes Big Guys

'We' stereotypically like Guys who can work and talk.

Jack Swagger is a Big Guy who can work and talk.

Shadrick
05-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Swaggie.

St. Jimmy
05-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Jack Swagger is a Big Guy who can work and talk.

This statement is completely wrong, but okay.

St. Jimmy
05-16-2010, 09:13 AM
:'(

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Jimmy go back to 4chan where fat greasy pigs like you belong.

Perry Saturn
05-16-2010, 11:01 AM
So for people who like swagger what would they be called i mean test had his "testicles" christian has his "peeps"

Xero
05-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Thwagga Thquad.

Nark Order
05-16-2010, 01:55 PM
This statement is completely wrong, but okay.

What exactly about the statement "Swagger can work and talk" do you have a particular problem with? It seems that statement is easily supportable. Wondering what your gripe is.

Nark Order
05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
What? Shut up with that.

Juan
05-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Clearly HBPunk is the only person on this site that has a life.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Clearly he's been out brushing up on his insults.

St. Jimmy
05-16-2010, 03:35 PM
What exactly about the statement "Swagger can work and talk" do you have a particular problem with? It seems that statement is easily supportable. Wondering what your gripe is.

He can't really do either, that's my statement.

Nark Order
05-16-2010, 03:43 PM
He can't really do either, that's my statement.

So, you're basically just trying to be obnoxious then? Because you aren't explaining why you think this and your claim is easily refutable. Don't let me ruin your fun then. Troll on.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-16-2010, 03:52 PM
It's what he does best :)

DAMN iNATOR
05-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Really? When did this per say superkick happen? I can't quite remember it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0u5XI3Xgb4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0u5XI3Xgb4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Skip to 10:10...it's at about 10:14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u5XI3Xgb4Q).

Juan
05-16-2010, 06:34 PM
ye olde loser

Swiss Ultimate
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Never could figure that one out.

Because Vince is racist and Sheamus was the only guy whiter than Cena. (Only by a little)

DAMN iNATOR
05-16-2010, 11:02 PM
That's only because for a time early in his career Cena was actually allowed to showcase his freestyle rapping ability. I doubt if Sheamus could even put together a semi-coherent limerick.

jerichoholicninja
05-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Just finished watching last weeks Smackdown and let me say this. Jack Swagger is the best thing going in the WWE right now. The Swagger trophy room segment had more quotable lines and memorable moments than anything in recent memory.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Clearly HBPunk is the only person on this site that has a life.

Don't kid yourself Juan

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 03:37 AM
I'm sold on Jack Swagger. A complete turn around for me. When they let Swagger when the MITB at 'Mania, I thought it was a huge mistake. I will gladly admit I was wrong. Swagger has great mic skills, great charisma, and the gimmick he has going for him is one of the most entertaining I've seen in awhile. Two thumbs up for "The Swaggie"

Nark Order
05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm sold on Jack Swagger. A complete turn around for me. When they let Swagger when the MITB at 'Mania, I thought it was a huge mistake. I will gladly admit I was wrong. Swagger has great mic skills, great charisma, and the gimmick he has going for him is one of the most entertaining I've seen in awhile. Two thumbs up for "The Swaggie"

This pretty much sums it up for me.

XCaliber
05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
It's evident to me now after watching this past week's episode of SD this is the way they should have been building Swagger leading up to a WHC reign not the other way around.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
It's evident to me now after watching this past week's episode of SD this is the way they should have been building Swagger leading up to a WHC reign not the other way around.

It wouldn't have worked the same. I can't imagine him coming out, talking about all of his achievements. Then saying, "Now give me a title shot". It's working for him the way it's going right now.

XCaliber
05-17-2010, 12:45 PM
It wouldn't have worked the same. I can't imagine him coming out, talking about all of his achievements. Then saying, "Now give me a title shot". It's working for him the way it's going right now.

Meant this provided him becoming the #1 rather than winning MITB.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Swagger was hilarious in that trophy promo. Big Show was entertaining, too. I'm actually looking forward to YouTubing their match. Current plans have Swagger and The Undertaker rumoured to be opponents at SummerSlam. I would love to see that, actually. Swagger beating Big Show would help further legitimise him, and then he can scrape out with a title defense at Fatal Four Way. Cue another bout at Money in the Bank, and then Taker.

After that, it's Night of Champions, and they can do some sort of Championship Scramble where Swagger can again retain. Hell in a Cell against Taker, where he goes over huge, and then Survivor Series could feature him captaining a team against a face, then a TLC against that face (or possibly several top SmackDown! stars). Then it's time for a new year.

Swagger could go the distance with this title reign.

jerichoholicninja
05-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Swagger could go the distance with this title reign.

That would be great but that's not gonna happen. I would be surprised if he's still champ in two months. This is the E we are talking about.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2010, 10:51 AM
True, but for some reason I'm getting JBL vibes from him. Also, the heat Swagger is getting is really rare. It's Vickie Guerrero level stuff. I could see Vince wanting to keep Swagger champ for as long as possible just for the fucking hell of it.

Dirk Ziggler
05-20-2010, 10:55 AM
True, but for some reason I'm getting JBL vibes from him. Also, the heat Swagger is getting is really rare. It's Vickie Guerrero level stuff. I could see Vince wanting to keep Swagger champ for as long as possible just for the fucking hell of it.

except Vickie gets heat because she's a fat smelly cunt eye sore with an annoying ass voice. She is the Roseanne Barr of professional wrestling.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2010, 11:04 AM
She entertains me. Not so much with Simply Flawless. I prefer her as the "brilliant mind" heel GM. Truthfully, I'd like to see Vince fire Teddy, and Vickie take over the position full-time, while Teddy begins to manage someone who needs it. He's a good talker, but MVP comes to mind for some reason.

Nark Order
05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
When you're getting reactions that massive, it looks astounding on television, and probably doesn't matter "what kind" of heat it is tbh.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Exactly. If you're presented as a top heel, anyway. When you're meant to be the hero of the company it's a bit different...