PDA

View Full Version : Wrestler's hair styles/attire

Juan
05-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Is this really a big deal to you?

I dunno how many times I've read people complaining about how they don't like a certain guy's hairstyle. Heard this a bunch of times with Orton and Jericho, and someone in another thread today said they didn't like JTG's straightened hair. What's the deal with this?

Same goes for attire. I remember when Jericho first switched to his trunks he wears now, there were people who complained about this, saying Jericho looked better in pants. Ditto for the Miz when he made the switch. What's the deal with this?

Are these that you take into account when you "evaluate" a wrestler?

MoFo
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Jericho is better with long hair
Kane is better with the mask on
JTG is better with cornrows
'Pants' Jericho is shit
blah blah blah
stfu

jerichoholicninja
05-16-2010, 08:55 PM
If the change is made because of a change in character I think it's a good thing. If it's a change made for personal reasons I probably wouldn't care too much.

Damian Rey
05-16-2010, 11:11 PM
If the change is made because of a change in character I think it's a good thing. If it's a change made for personal reasons I probably wouldn't care too much.

:y: Jericho's haircut came a bit early, but his switch to trunks, and to suits during interview segments, were made to help transition from his rockstar character to the heel character he is now. It was essential.

Same with the Miz. His trunks and boots make him look legit. It was a part of his character growth.

Shad swtiching over to trunks and boots is sign of taking himself and his character more seriously.

Orton buzzing his hair and going away from the pretty boy spikes makes him look more sinister and bad ass, and seperates him from his old persona. Also, the new haircut helps accentuate the music.

Steve Austin related to the everyday working man. His look was simple. He came to work in black boots and black trunks. Nothing fancy. He just showed up to work and get what he wanted.

I could go on, but in general, I think a look should have atleast something to do with the character a guy is portraying.

Xero
05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
It can definitely make a huge difference when it comes to the gimmick.

Some guys, like Orton, I just prefer one way or another. I'd rather him have shortish hair than almost bald. He looks better. But I wouldn't count that against him.

DAMN iNATOR
05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Someone will probably come along and bitch about Ryder's hairstyle and attire, but FTR, I think it's a very unique look.

Lock Jaw
05-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Kwee-Wee

http://wrestlingepicenter.com/Pictures/intpics/289.jpg

Damian Rey
05-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Someone will probably come along and bitch about Ryder's hairstyle and attire, but FTR, I think it's a very unique look.

Dammit I forgot to mention Ryder. But yes, his look def. stands out, and fits his Long Island loud mouth persona well. Just wish he'd be used to his potential.

Xero
05-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Kwee-Wee

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/larryz-main.jpg

Damian Rey
05-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Kwee-Wee

:rofl:

MoFo
05-16-2010, 11:22 PM

Not to bitch, but Zack Ryder just looks like Scotty 2 Hotty.

Lock Jaw
05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
On the subject of The Miz, I actually liked his old attire better.

It gave him more character visually, for when his mouth isn't open. Jericho's switch to trunks made sense for his character, and his drastic shift. Miz is pretty much still the same character, so I would have liked for him to stay with his more unique look.

DAMN iNATOR
05-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Not to bitch, but Zack Ryder just looks like Scotty 2 Hotty.

For the most part you're right. But I never saw S2H be daring and bold enough to wear tights that had one entire leg and one leg exposed from the thigh down, with the exception of a knee-pad.

Well played, however.

DAMN iNATOR
05-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Dammit I forgot to mention Ryder. But yes, his look def. stands out, and fits his Long Island loud mouth persona well. Just wish he'd be used to his potential.

I do too. However, it seems at the minute like they're intent on making him the next Chavo Guerrero (commedy fodder jobber) of RAW. :(

Schlomey
05-17-2010, 12:04 AM
i'm the one who mentioned how dumb JTG's hair. Does it matter what his hair looks like? Absolutely not. It was just an observation........

Xero
05-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Not a flame?

Damian Rey
05-17-2010, 12:07 AM
I do too. However, it seems at the minute like they're intent on making him the next Chavo Guerrero (commedy fodder jobber) of RAW. :(

I agree, which is why watching Raw is so difficult to do when they "showcase" the midcard. WWE constantly worries about not having enough stars, yet they allow creativ to take a guy like Ryder, who has the in-ring ability, the look, and the gimmick to get himself over and be something useful in the future, not to mention being on the right side of 30, and yet he's relegated to comedic schtick that does nothing but present him as a joke, thus creating a stigma within the fanbase that this guy can't be taken seriously.

Breaks mt heart. Ryder needs to go to SmackDown!, where the REAL wrestling is taking place.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 12:28 AM
A wrestler's look is almost as important as his gimmick, mic skills, and in-ring ability. If everybody just ran around in colored trunks and a retarded haircut, then everybody would look like Brian Danielson.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L2aB-_LFAo0/RghMFaSjx7I/AAAAAAAAAAM/efmNHWxzPbI/s320/champion_danielson.jpg

A wrestler's look needs to be unique. I didn't like Jericho's switch to trunks at first. But I think it better fits him now. His hair never bothered me. An example of how important a wrestlers look is... The Undertaker.

http://www.mediaman.com.au/profiles/the_undertaker.jpg

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/thist/wwe/wrld-undertaker04-2.jpg

http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/undertaker.jpg

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/takerdebut_36024.jpg

Multiple Hair and Attire Changes. All of in which we label as a different 'Taker era. All of in which helped sell the gimmick at the time. I think we can all agree that the current Undertaker wouldn't get over very well with short, light brown hair.

Juan
05-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Well what kind of fucking answer did you expect other then an obvious one. Does a wrestlers look matter? No shit it matters, obviously.

Rev. Hallowell
05-17-2010, 12:43 AM
For the most part you're right. But I never saw S2H be daring and bold enough to wear tights that had one entire leg and one leg exposed from the thigh down, with the exception of a knee-pad.

I used to create a female wrestler on my PS2 with that attire. I got it from a female rapper who did it. I can't remember who the rapper was.

Juan
05-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Well what kind of fucking answer did you expect other then an obvious one. Does a wrestlers look matter? No shit it matters, obviously.

Of course a wrestler's look matters, fuck face. That's not really what I was asking though. Let me spell it out for you; I meant that when someone like Jericho gets a haircut and changes his attire, is it that big of deal?

Of course look matters to guys like the Undertaker, or say, Gangrel. There are exceptions to what I'm talking about.

Learn how to read between the lines, chump stain.

jskinnyg
05-17-2010, 02:09 AM
:y: Jericho's haircut came a bit early, but his switch to trunks, and to suits during interview segments, were made to help transition from his rockstar character to the heel character he is now. It was essential.

Same with the Miz. His trunks and boots make him look legit. It was a part of his character growth.

Shad swtiching over to trunks and boots is sign of taking himself and his character more seriously.

Orton buzzing his hair and going away from the pretty boy spikes makes him look more sinister and bad ass, and seperates him from his old persona. Also, the new haircut helps accentuate the music.

Steve Austin related to the everyday working man. His look was simple. He came to work in black boots and black trunks. Nothing fancy. He just showed up to work and get what he wanted.

I could go on, but in general, I think a look should have atleast something to do with the character a guy is portraying.

EXACTLY...

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Of course a wrestler's look matters, fuck face. That's not really what I was asking though. Let me spell it out for you; I meant that when someone like Jericho gets a haircut and changes his attire, is it that big of deal?

Of course look matters to guys like the Undertaker, or say, Gangrel. There are exceptions to what I'm talking about.

Learn how to read between the lines, chump stain.

Oh Juan you and your crazy rants. I simply replied the the question that was asked. No need to get angry. It's not like I stole your tacos.

Tazz Dan
05-17-2010, 05:12 AM
They would all be perfect under a Tazz Dan moderation.

The Jayman
05-17-2010, 08:25 AM
I agree with the above statement

The Franchise
05-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Jericho looks more "main event" with his trunks and 12 year old boy haircut

The Franchise
05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Imagine Shaw Michaels or Bret Hart in trunks. Would look hella weird. Or Rock in pants.

Xero
05-17-2010, 11:29 AM

Of course it can be. What if Jericho started coming out in leather jackets, jean shorts and shaved his head bald in the exact same gimmick? Would you not see that as a big deal?

The Franchise
05-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I think The Juan didn't mean drastic changes but little ones like going from long to short hair or pants to tights.

Nothing major like Steve Blackman coming out dressed as a ballerina. Although this would inevitably lead to wrestlers being murdered via tutu.

The Black Heart
05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
i think the only time it's a big deal is when it's a main-eventer or a guy getting pushed, really.

if trips shaved his head and started wearing pants again, people would say, "BAHGAWDAYUMN WTF."

but if zack ryder puts another fuckin leg on his pants, no-one's gonna give a shit.