PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is the best in-ring performer in WWE right now?

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Who are the guys where you actually get excited to see them wrestle, and they deliver more often than not? For me, I think I'm going to have to say that Dolph Ziggler puts on the best matches in the WWE today. Jack Swagger has been on a roll too, but I can't remember the last bad Ziggler match. Even his match on Superstars with Chris Masters was entertaining as hell.

What do you think?

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Christian seems to be the guy they consistantly give time to in his matches.... I think that's a reward for how amazing he's been in the ring. Haven't seen a bad Christian match in years.

The Jayman
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Christian seems to be the guy they consistantly give time to in his matches.... I think that's a reward for how amazing he's been in the ring. Haven't seen a bad Christian match in years.

:y:

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Christian is very good too. Still, I would put Ziggler above him right now because Ziggler seems to incorporate new things into his matches all the time. It could just have something to do with the fact that I've seen about three thousand more Christian matches than Ziggler matches, but Christian's offense seems pretty similar all the time.

Everything that Ziggler does in his match just makes perfect sense.

The Jayman
05-19-2010, 01:01 PM
I have to agree with Ziggler as well.

Christian faces Ziggler on Superstars and after The Peep Show on Smackdown Ziggler attacks Christian, so I assume we are going to get a nice little program from these 2.

Jimmy Cones
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Non-squash Bourne matches are usually good.

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Non-squash Bourne matches are usually good.

Agreed. I thought about him too. If they put him in a meaningful program, I think it would be great.

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
CM Punk a month ago & right now I'm going with Sheamus.

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Sheamus? Really?

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 01:40 PM
he has been gold since Mania in my eyes

Rammsteinmad
05-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Chris Jericho 4 Life.

Jordan
Jericho, Miz, Bryan, Sheamus, Swagger, Morssion, Rey, and Punk.

Anybody Thrilla
I haven't been offended by his work or anything, but I wouldn't expect anyone to say he's the best in-ring talent in WWE right now. I thought his match with Triple H at Extreme Rules was pretty boring. Not really his fault, I guess. It's just hard for me to get into two brawlers going at it.

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I agree that their match at Mania was better but as a whole Sheamus has been the most entertaining guy on RAW for me. I haven't watched Smackers in a month so I must be missing out.

Guys like Punk/Orton/Rey/Jericho ect... have all been good as gold but I'm all about putting over the new talent...Kinda my way of giving back ;)

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't really know what you mean by 'giving back', but OK.

I'd like to see some more from Cody Rhodes. He has the potential to be Ziggler-esque.

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
That part was a joke.

jskinnyg
05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
I'll def go with Ziggler, Jericho, Punk, Morrison... And Swagger as of late too...

kareru
05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
yeah i agree with ziggler, i've always liked that guy, especially now that he's utilizing the sleepers simple yet effective 'gimmick'

Swiss Ultimate
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Shelton Benj-...

Johnny Vegas
05-19-2010, 02:27 PM
lol

Joesgonnakillyou
05-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Sheamus and Ziggler?! Nah. Ziggler is good, don't get me wrong but he's far from the best

I'd say Christian and Rey are, they can have good matches with bad opponents. CM Punk is another consistent guy. I would have said Jericho and Edge but I didn't enjoy their Extreme Rules match.

Kofi hasn't been mentioned yet and I think he's really solid. The roster is really good at the moment actually. There isn't too many people who's matches I never enjoy.

Nicky Fives
05-19-2010, 03:47 PM
1. Christian
2. Chris Jericho
3. CM Punk

that's how I see it.....

CSL
05-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Jimmy Yang still employed?

DAMN iNATOR
05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Ziggler
Swagger
Orton
Miz
Edge
Christian

DrCrawford
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
jericho
swagger

Wolfpack423
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Easily Christian is the best wrestler in the company. He usually has the match of the week and he was the best champion in some time for any division. My personal favorite is John Cena, but Christian is easily the best in ring wise.

Innovator
05-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Punk and Jericho

McLegend
05-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Randy Orton

GD
05-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Christian and Mysterio have been constant. Ziggler is dope.

Goulet
05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Edge & Christian for sure

Ultra Mantis
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Christian, Jericho, Punk, Swagger, Morrison.

Innovator
05-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Randy Orton
Now type it again without his balls in your face

Shadrick
05-19-2010, 06:22 PM
*does a PERFECT dropkick on Innovator*

Fox
05-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I agree that their match at Mania was better but as a whole Sheamus has been the most entertaining guy on RAW for me. I haven't watched Smackers in a month so I must be missing out.

Guys like Punk/Orton/Rey/Jericho ect... have all been good as gold but I'm all about putting over the new talent...Kinda my way of giving back ;)

You lose instant credibility for calling Smackdown "Smackers."

Please refrain from doing this again.

The Franchise
05-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Christian with Jericho and Swagger not far behind.

BollywoodSingh
05-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Jericho and Mysterio for me.

McLegend
05-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Now type it again without his balls in your face

Right after you get Jericho's ass out of your face.

Damian Rey
05-19-2010, 09:28 PM
The minute I see Christian vs., I could give two shits about what name is to follow as I love his work in the ring, and haven't been bored by a match of his since his return. He's def. one of their most consistent workers.

Since the title push, Swagger has really stepped up his game. Not that he couldn't go before, but from the time he left ECW to his title win, he hadn't been given much chance outside of a couple matches with Triple H and Cena to do much. Right now he's on a tear and I'm loving every match.

Chris Jericho, obviously. Love his work. Just seems to get better with age.

Also, I have loved randy Orton since they began slowly building the eventual face turn. Not that I didn't like him before, but he's really on a tear as well, and I love his mannerisms and overall movements in the ring.

Oh...and Bret Hart :shifty:

MoFo
05-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Swag.

I like Carlito and Bourne as well, when they are given matches.

Damian Rey
05-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Swag.

I like Carlito and Bourne as well, when they are given matches.

Agreed. Carlito is a damn fine worker when he actually shows up to work. Bourne is in dire need of a program.

XCaliber
05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
The Miz suprised no one else has yet to mention him.

Anybody Thrilla
05-20-2010, 07:48 AM
He's been mentioned something like four times, but have it your way.

Anybody Thrilla
05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Jericho, Miz, Bryan, Sheamus, Swagger, Morssion, Rey, and Punk.

Ziggler
Swagger
Orton
Miz
Edge
Christian

OK, you're only the third person to mention him.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2010, 11:02 AM
It's good to see Ziggler getting some love. I'm a huge fan of his. Much like Christian (another guy who deserves to be mentioned), whenever I see him listed as being in a match, I'm instantly expecting it to be quality and I am never disappointed. The guy just "gets it." Nobody has worked better with Kane or The Great Khali in recent years.

Jack Swagger is another I would mention. He's been on a tear recently. The dude can flat-out work. I'm actually interested to see his match with Big Show. The man is running with the ball. John Morrison is always good, too. It's a shame he's lacking direction, but in the ring he's gold.

Chris Jericho and CM Punk are obviously up there, too -- but that they are so established and have had such great programs in the past, their current stuff kind of puts them on the cooler with me. They're always pure awesome, but it's just so much of a good thing that it loses effect. But yeah, throw them in, too.

Glad to see Carlito mentioned, too. I watch his stuff on Superstars, and it is usually so good. I'm trying to remember who his most recent match was against that really got me hyped. It might have been Yoshi Tatsu. Carlito is awesome, though. From an in-ring perspective. I would love to see him work with John Morrison, actually.

Two random guys I feel like mentioning: Chavo Guerrero and Tyson Kidd. Whenever Chavo gets to work, his stuff is usually so great. It's a shame he doesn't have Eddie's charisma, and that he's become such a joke. Sometimes something will come off awkward, but he's just generally so crisp. Tyson Kidd, also. I always have fun watching his matches. I think he could be a sleeper success story in the WWE. Give the guy ten minutes with anyone, and I guarantee it will be a great match.

Anybody Thrilla
05-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Carlito and Evan Bourne had a really good match on Superstars not too long ago.

Anybody Thrilla
05-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Tyson Kidd's brief solo run on ECW was awesome. I loved that theme song, too.

BigDaddyCool
05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Probably Anybody Thrilla's mama.

Ultra Mantis
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Glad to see Carlito mentioned, too. I watch his stuff on Superstars, and it is usually so good. I'm trying to remember who his most recent match was against that really got me hyped. It might have been Yoshi Tatsu. Carlito is awesome, though. From an in-ring perspective. I would love to see him work with John Morrison, actually.

Carlito had about a month long run on superstars where he put on some great matches before they put him back with Primo. The last of these was actually Carlito vs Morrison.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVG2i0Z4G7Q&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVG2i0Z4G7Q&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good stuff.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Actually, I think that was the match I was thinking of. :y:

Next Big Thing
05-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Hornswoggle if you're 8 years old and retarded. Otherwise, Orton.

XCaliber
05-20-2010, 12:35 PM
He's been mentioned something like four times, but have it your way.

Yeah sorry he has been amongst groups of names just no singularly.