PDA

View Full Version : Carlito Violates Wellness Program, Released from his WWE Contract.

CWK
05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
From WWE.com

WWE Superstar Carlito (Carlos Colon) has been released from his World Wrestling Entertainment contract as of today May 21, 2010. Carlito’s termination was due to his first violation of the WWE Wellness Program and his subsequent refusal to attend a rehabilitation facility.

CWK
05-21-2010, 05:50 PM
This is not cool.

Razzamajazz
05-21-2010, 05:51 PM
I like how that is the "Full Story"

Razzamajazz
05-21-2010, 05:51 PM
also, meh, they haven't done jack shit with him lately anyway

Schlomey
05-21-2010, 05:54 PM
also, meh, they haven't done jack shit with him lately anyway

Bullshit. They just had a Colon reunion and also the third Colon is on his way up. Carlito being a druggie & hard head just caused Primo & their Cousin a shot at an awesome faction.

Yeah first time I gave two shits about Carlito in years and he goes and be's a doucher.

Vintage Care-free/ Care-less Carlito.

Savio
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Not surprised.

The Franchise
05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
He's one guy I'd actually like to see go to TNA (if he gives a shit there)

Schlomey
05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
not me. Cuz he won't. If he does than that is a big FUCK YOU to the WWE fans he was supposed to be giving a shit about for 8 years.

jskinnyg
05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Bullshit. They just had a Colon reunion and also the third Colon is on his way up. Carlito being a druggie & hard head just caused Primo & their Cousin a shot at an awesome faction.

Yeah first time I gave two shits about Carlito in years and he goes and be's a doucher.

Vintage Care-free/ Care-less Carlito.

YEAH... Guess we now know why he wasn't onstage with the pros at NXT... I agree what a douche... Given chances over and over to stay in the WWE and he seems to always be a downer... Adios muchacho...

Cool King
05-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Released after his first violation? :wtf:

Isn't it "Three strikes and your out" with the Wellness Policy? Or has there been a change with it that I didn't know about?

CWK
05-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Isn't it "Three strikes and your out" with the Wellness Policy? Or has there been a change with it that I didn't know about?

You must read my original post in its entirety. He was released after his first strike becuase he refused to attend rehab at WWE's request.

The Franchise
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM

I believe that is still in effect but it says that Carlito refused to do rehab, so that combined with his overall "don't give a shit" attitude probably led to:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wz7zo1BvvA4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wz7zo1BvvA4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tazz Dan
05-21-2010, 06:13 PM
:-\

Ultra Mantis
05-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Carlito could have been a huge star, but he sabotaged his own career time and time again.

That's not cool.

CWK
05-21-2010, 06:14 PM
He had no chance of making it to main event status with that hair.

Favre4Ever
05-21-2010, 06:18 PM
They stopped trying with Carlito about three months after his debut. He should actually be pleased he had such a steady paycheck for this long in my opinion.

jerichoholicninja
05-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Never gave a crap about the guy no matter how hard he was pushed.

Evil Vito
05-21-2010, 06:28 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The ultimate insult is that he wasn't wished the best in his future endeavors.</font>

parkmania
05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
I can see him going back home and working in his father's promotion rather than going to TNA.

Evil Vito
05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
<font color=goldenrod>To be honest, I was definitely curious about this when I read that the Raw Dark Match saw Primo randomly working as a face again against Dos Caras Jr.

Wonder what becomes of Primo...future endeavors, back to being a face, or if they bring up Orlando Colon to team with him.</font>

erickman
05-21-2010, 06:31 PM
now they can do lax in 3 months.

Ultra Mantis
05-21-2010, 06:33 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The ultimate insult is that he wasn't wished the best in his future endeavors.</font>

HHH must be running the website while he's out injured :shifty:

addy2hotty
05-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Carlito - the perfect example of how limitless potential can be wasted.

Tool.

The Franchise
05-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Carlito Caribbean Tool

VSG
05-21-2010, 06:52 PM
His violation must have been pretty big for WWE to insist rehab, not something like steroids or pot.

BollywoodSingh
05-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I was a fan of Carlito for about 3 months. Just when he first came in and feuded with Cena and a little bit after that. He's solid in the ring but wasn't very good on the mic, outside of a couple of catchphrases here and there.

jskinnyg
05-21-2010, 07:04 PM
They stopped trying with Carlito about three months after his debut. He should actually be pleased he had such a steady paycheck for this long in my opinion.

I agree totally... And yeah, my guess is a big violation...

TheAdamEvansFan
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Carlito hasn't been used to his full potential in WWE ever since his first heel turn.

He has alot of talent and was way over with the audience as a face & somewhat as a heel.

WWE just doesn't believe in their latino talent.

They just want to roid up their heavyweights like CENA.

Razzamajazz
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
he's probably a sexaholic

Xero
05-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Not surprised.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-21-2010, 07:23 PM
His violation must have been pretty big for WWE to insist rehab, not something like steroids or pot.

It's rather obvious since it was his first strike that it was big.

If it was pot, he would have been fined, I'm not sure if that's even a Violation.

I don't see a Colon doing steroids, ever.

Just doesn't make sense to his family history.

They take pride in toning up on their own muscle ability, not getting too big and magnificent.

addy2hotty
05-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Carlito hasn't been used to his full potential in WWE ever since his first heel turn.

He has alot of talent and was way over with the audience as a face & somewhat as a heel.

WWE just doesn't believe in their latino talent.

They just want to roid up their heavyweights like CENA.

I was a big Carlito fan but this is all BS.

He went over Cena while he was Champion at the height of his Superman push. He's had PPV matches with some of the best in the business and (apparently) didn't care much for it. Given the US title on his first NIGHT in the big leagues. They tried with him alright.

The guy had the talent, didn't want to do the work.

At least he's found his way to be released no questions asked.

RKO'em
05-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Won't miss him.

Chavo Classic
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Funny how this is front page news on wwe.com. Just another example of the hypocrisy in the WWE's wellness policy - allowing top guys HHH, Batista and Cena keep their massive steriod-induced frames while blaming Carlito's release on a first violation, and not the fact they've had no decent ideas for the guy for 2 to 3 years.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-21-2010, 07:46 PM
As if Vince or the rest of WWE cares about the mid card or the cruserweight division.

I don't know if Stephanie is any different.

I know Shane gives the fans more of what they want but I don't know if he will actually be returning or not to the company...

If Triple H gets his way, it's goin to probably be big guys in the main event with Triple H and his buddies like Sheamus.

Xero
05-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Bet he debuts in TNA spitting pears.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Honestly Xero, for once, I think your completely wrong.

I don't think Carlito cares about fame or money as that's obvious with his run in WWE.

I think he cares about Loyalty and his base.

That makes me consider him going back to Mexico and solidfying his base.

Maybe later down the road, he will come back in WWE and make a huge splash.

Returning down the road like Christian in a way.

Swiss Ultimate
05-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I gave up on Carlito...I didn't know he gave up on himself. :(

dronepool
05-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Won't miss him.

Same here. Never cared about him.

FourFifty
05-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Next week Primo will be gone. Without Carlito, Primo is useless. He's the new Barry Horowitz as a singles guy.

Juan
05-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Bummer

Sovereigntywillpr
05-21-2010, 09:01 PM

If it was pot, he would have been fined, I'm not sure if that's even a Violation.

They take pride in toning up on their own muscle ability, not getting too big and magnificent.

Naive a `lil bit...(question mark not working)

Shadrick
05-21-2010, 09:19 PM

Yeah, Carlito has juiced before. It's a known fact, actually.

Triple Naitch
05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
That makes me consider him going back to Mexico and solidfying his base.

He's from Puerto Rico.

CSL
05-21-2010, 09:22 PM
lol yeah, was about to point that out.

"Brown skin, wrestler, not American, must be Mexican!"

Krimzon7
05-21-2010, 09:22 PM
He's from Puerto Rico.

And he has no base!

CSL
05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
But yeah, as somebody said, I'd guess he'll probably go back home and work for his dad and back to being a big star in a smallish pond. Probably be happier that way too.

ClockShot
05-21-2010, 10:10 PM
I guess he could afford the drugs with the cash he got from Ted Jr. :shifty:

But seriously, better now than later. Always baffled me why he didn't just walk when they offered him his extension, he wasn't going anywhere.

Nicky Fives
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
this sucks.... because Primo will be future endeavored within 6 months, unless the new "cousin" is hot shit

CSL
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Primo is hot shit, he just hasn't shown anything to back it up.

The Pope
05-21-2010, 10:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/30U1xoK_VR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/30U1xoK_VR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Z-wbo7zrs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Z-wbo7zrs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vzQB2jgd-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vzQB2jgd-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CSL
05-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Huge difference between 2004 on-the-gas Carlito and post-wellness policy Carlito.

The Pope
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Yup, I think he stopped giving a crap when WWE took his talent for granted

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Yup, I think he stopped giving a crap when WWE took his talent for granted

I think that's pretty much it. The WWE fucked up with Carlito after his initial push, but Carlito let it get to his head way too much. I feel sorry for him, and he's probably truthfully happy to be out of the WWE. But for the love of God, man -- go to rehab and look after yourself.

TNA probably won't be hiring him for a while. Apparently they are under pressure to trim talent, if anything, and I can see a lot of the TNA lockerroom being upset if someone like Carlito gets a contract while a lot of other guys are released. That being said, Carlito would be the perfect signing for TNA. Guys who have got the stuff needed to main event, but can also step down and do that X-Division stuff.

But, for the meantime, anyway -- I see Carlito spending a lot of time in his dad's WWC promotion, being the big star there. I hope Primo lands on his feet in the WWE. We might see Tito Colon called up sooner than expected to team with his cousin with Carlito's absence.

whiteyford
05-22-2010, 01:47 AM
I look forward to his shoot interview dvd...

Emperor Smeat
05-22-2010, 02:26 AM
He had a lot of potential even if the gimmick sounded weird/comedic on paper but between WWE's lack of interest in giving him long term pushes and his lack of caring about being in the WWE after a while, it was only a matter of time before they finally had a reason to release him.

Sort of surprised though since he was given a spot as a pro on NXT and the rumor Colon stable meant the WWE must have given some thought about a new push or storyline involving him.

erickman
05-22-2010, 07:03 AM
I think that's pretty much it. The WWE fucked up with Carlito after his initial push, but Carlito let it get to his head way too much. I feel sorry for him, and he's probably truthfully happy to be out of the WWE. But for the love of God, man -- go to rehab and look after yourself.

TNA probably won't be hiring him for a while. Apparently they are under pressure to trim talent, if anything, and I can see a lot of the TNA lockerroom being upset if someone like Carlito gets a contract while a lot of other guys are released. That being said, Carlito would be the perfect signing for TNA. Guys who have got the stuff needed to main event, but can also step down and do that X-Division stuff.

But, for the meantime, anyway -- I see Carlito spending a lot of time in his dad's WWC promotion, being the big star there. I hope Primo lands on his feet in the WWE. We might see Tito Colon called up sooner than expected to team with his cousin with Carlito's absence.
i wish he would have left wwe over a year ago when tna had money he and lax would have been a good team.

Vastardikai
05-22-2010, 09:47 AM
I think there's more to this story, and I'm thinking it involves someone who NEVER GETS a Wellness Policy Violation (Batista or Cena) pissing hot and Carlito not wanting to play the fall guy.

Upon more info, I'll be sure to update this theory.

Triple Naitch
05-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Why does everyone blame Cena/Batista/Triple H when someone else fucks up a Wellness Test?

TheAdamEvansFan
05-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I have no idea why anyone would blame Batista at this point.

WWE and Batista aren't on that great of terms since Batista isn't getting that movie deal!

TheAdamEvansFan
05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Then again, it's probably just a misuse of facts and easy way out.

Batista and Cena are body builders so why not say they roid up.

Jealousy sucks.

BTW I apologize for getting Carlito's story wrong earlier.

Damn I'm stupid

The Fan

The Pope
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
So, I still don't know what happened. Did he use drugs or steroids?

Vastardikai
05-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Why does everyone blame Cena/Batista/Triple H when someone else fucks up a Wellness Test?

My theory is based on the fact that I'm somehow supposed to believe that Cena/Batista/Triple H, who LOOK like they're on Roids, or at the very least have Roid-esque moments (Bizarre muscle tears, insanely fast recovery times), and it's always the lower level guys who get busted, with a handful of exceptions (Jeff Hardy and Rey).

Skippord
05-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Report: Carlito Arrives To RAW ‘Unfit To Perform’

By Ryan Clark (Webmaster@ProWrestlingSCOOPS.com) on Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 at 9:07 PM EST

As announced Friday here on the website and on WWE.com, Carlito — real name Carlos Colón — was released from his WWE contract due to his first violation of the company’s Wellness Program and subsequent refusal to enter a rehabilitation facility.
Company sources indicate Colón did not actually fail a drug test. Rather, management felt he was unfit to perform after arriving to the Air Canada Centre on Monday for the evening’s RAW taping. We are still trying to get this confirmed.
As noted, company officials then made the decision to terminate his contract following his subsequent refusal to enter rehab.
Colón, who had been under contract to WWE since 2004, developed a reputation of being a talented performer whose lack of motivation prevented him from rising above mid-card status. He was rumored to have been on the verge of leaving the company for years.
The Puerto Rican native was most recently used as a mentor to NXT Rookie Michael Tarver, who was ousted in the first round of eliminations. He had also teamed up once again with brother Primo, helping Ted DiBiase beat up R-Truth on last week’s RAW.

The Pope
05-22-2010, 10:47 PM
it was a lie because Ryan Clark reported it.

VSG
05-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I think there's more to this story, and I'm thinking it involves someone who NEVER GETS a Wellness Policy Violation (Batista or Cena) pissing hot and Carlito not wanting to play the fall guy.

Upon more info, I'll be sure to update this theory.

Are you a fan of Adam Evans too?

erickman
05-23-2010, 08:56 AM
i wish he came to work drunk over a year ago, he would have a year in tna an he would be alot happyer.

Droford
05-23-2010, 12:06 PM
The last thing he needs to do is go to TNA and be around Scott Hall any.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Really Droford? Really? *feels like Miz*

First off, Scott Hall is who he is, and always will be.

Can't teach a old dog new tricks.

So yeah and that's part of his character for his wrestling world which has made him a huge rebellious edgy star. I'd hate for Scott Hall to be a Miz or John Cena aka "a perfect employee"

Vastardikai
05-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Are you a fan of Adam Evans too?

No, I have actually made reference to lower card guys playing the fall-guy for the big guys' Wellness Violations for years.

Hell, we should know by now that the Wellness Policy is a joke. I figured it out when Chris Masters actually complied with it and was jobbed out and made fun of.

Ruien
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
No, I have actually made reference to lower card guys playing the fall-guy for the big guys' Wellness Violations for years.

Hell, we should know by now that the Wellness Policy is a joke. I figured it out when Chris Masters actually complied with it and was jobbed out and made fun of.

Just going to use John Cena as an example. He works out 2 hours a day 6 days a week, with his brother who is a professional weight lifter. The dude puts a lot of effort into the way he looks.

Was deployed for 6 months in the desert. Had a guy who worked with me, he lifted weights 2 and a half hours a day, 3 days on 1 day off. By the end of our tour the dude looked like a brick, without steroids. Sure he had some hormone stuff that made him unstable, but he did it without steroids. It is possible, stop hating please.

Ultra Mantis
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
According to his father, Carlito is hooked on painkillers for his back and his family are trying to convince him to get rehab. He also says Carlito left the company on good terms (despite refusing rehab) and expects him to be able to resign in six months if he can get clean.

Source: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/140110

Innovator
05-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Meh.

Dorkchop
05-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Carlito's early WWE career:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xdnzTEhNJow/R0wiE1rvdnI/AAAAAAAABpg/DZynfbYWF4A/s320/Carlito_Caribbean_Cool.jpg

Carlito's late WWE career:
http://images.teamtalk.com/08/09/800x600/WWE-Smackdown-Primo-Carlito_1213258.jpg