PDA

View Full Version : the great comic book clash, issue 6: ladies' night

mitchables
05-26-2010, 04:49 AM
we're back fans! i know you missed me but i've been a bit stretched recently. i bet you thought i'd forgotten all about these but no, friends, i haven't! in our last match up of epicosity, the joker decidedly wiped the floor with the green goblin, to virtually no-one's surprise.

it's time to kick things into sexy with two ladies who would just as soon cut your nuts off as look at you.

round six: lady shiva [dc] vs elektra [marvel]

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1953/91021-127578-lady-shiva_super.jpg vs http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/Elektra_3.jpg/250px-Elektra_3.jpg

mercy, i do believe i'm gettin' the vapours.

<select><option selected="selected">clash rehash</option><option>issue 1: sandman def clayface (12-7) </option><option>issue 2: hawkeye def green arrow (9-7)</option><option>issue 3: spawn def ghost rider (15-10)</option><option>issue 4: modok def hector hammond (15-5)</option><option> issue 5: the joker def green goblin (20-5)</option></select>

Fignuts
05-26-2010, 05:01 AM
This is probably the toughest one yet.

Dunno, yet.

parkmania
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
mercy, i do believe i'm gettin' the vapours.

Pretty sure that means you're farting a bunch.

Anyway, I expect a blowout in favor of Elektra. Woulda been more even with Lady Shiva vs Lady Deathstryke.

Skippord
05-26-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't know anything about this Lady Shiva lady

Rammsteinmad
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Elektra would kill Lady Shiva easily.

mitchables
05-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Pretty sure that means you're farting a bunch.

Anyway, I expect a blowout in favor of Elektra. Woulda been more even with Lady Shiva vs Lady Deathstryke.

i seriously am getting sick of people coming in here and being all "oh, this would have been better with so-and-so". i didn't put them there, so just fucking deal with it. i personally do not think it would have been more even because fucking lady deathstryke is made of goddamned adamantium.

also the vapours, in 19th century slang, is just feeling faint. you should have a degree in being wrong all the time.

mitchables
05-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Elektra would kill Lady Shiva easily.

why?

what makes you say that, other than being a giant marvel fanboy?

i wouldn't be so quick to write off shiva, seriously. you don't hang with the al ghuls by being easy to get rid of.

Nowhere Man
05-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Lady Shiva has been able to hold her own as equals in hand-to-hand combat with Batman. That pretty much seals it for me.

Lock Jaw
05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, Lady Shiva is probably the best Martial Artist on the planet. She could easily (well, not easily) take Elektra.

I might be remembering wrong, but Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) is the only person to ever have a decisive victory against Shiva.

Fignuts
05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Elektra is also considered the deadliest assassin on the planet though. I mean pre-bullseye death, elektra would have gotten smoked, but these days she is considered deadly on a ridiculous level.

LuigiD
05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
No idea who Lady Shiva is..so for the sake of fairness, I am not touching this one.

parkmania
05-26-2010, 01:52 PM
i seriously am getting sick of people coming in here and being all "oh, this would have been better with so-and-so". i didn't put them there, so just fucking deal with it. i personally do not think it would have been more even because fucking lady deathstryke is made of goddamned adamantium.

Fine, whatever. DON'T listen to constructive criticism from the guy that FUCKING OWNS A GODAMN COMIC BOOK STORE! I wasn't trying to be a douche, just pointing out that since a LOT more people know who Elektra is that the results would be skewed.

Enjoy your conversation. I'm out.

Lock Jaw
05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
A lot more people probably know who Lady Deathstrike is too, because of the cartoon and the movie.

Jeritron
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Lady Deathstrike is probably nearly as known as Elektra. The X Men are massive

Fignuts
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Lady Shiva would butcher deathstrike though. This is a much closer battle.

Nowhere Man
05-26-2010, 02:26 PM
I might be remembering wrong, but Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) is the only person to ever have a decisive victory against Shiva.

Well, I do remember Batman beating her quite soundly in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, but A) she was part of a big group of supervillains attacking them and the dreaded "Inverse Law of Ninjutsu" seemed to be in effect, and B) she may have been mind-controlled by Gorilla Grodd at the time, so I dunno if that counts.

Lock Jaw
05-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, she was mind controlled at the time if I remember correctly. Her out of character actions (among the others) helped Batman deduce that they were all being controlled.

Batman has survived real fights with her before though.

("Beat me if you can, survive if I let you"?)

Nowhere Man
05-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Lady Shiva is Taz?!

Lock Jaw
05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
And Taz is in the TPWW Better Wrestler Hall of Fame, therefore it stands to reason that Lady Shiva wins.

mitchables
05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Fine, whatever. DON'T listen to constructive criticism from the guy that FUCKING OWNS A GODAMN COMIC BOOK STORE! I wasn't trying to be a douche, just pointing out that since a LOT more people know who Elektra is that the results would be skewed.

Enjoy your conversation. I'm out.

it wasn't constructive criticism because you didn't remotely imply that you were talking about elektra's notoriety vs lady shiva. the way you typed it, you could have just been talking about how well-matched they were in a fight, which is exactly how i took it. no need to get your panties in a bunch with all your capslock and stuff, seriously. it was just what you thought would have been more even. there was no reason or structure to the argument. fuck, people like you piss me off. you hide behind the ideal of "constructive criticism" but show me where the fuck your construction was.

let's go over it again, because obviously you don't even listen to yourself.

I expect a blowout in favor of Elektra. Woulda been more even with Lady Shiva vs Lady Deathstryke.

hey, thanks for the constructive criticism buddy! you really showed me exactly why you thought it would be more even with a different participant with well-reasoned argument and logic! thanks for your contribution!

get the fuck off me with that shit. you weren't remotely constructive. you came in, predicted what you thought was going to happen (which is also turning out to be wrong so far, mr. i own a comic book store) and told me how you would have made it better.

AWESOME JOB.

thedamndest
05-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I know who Elektra is from a Ben Affleck movie therefore I hate her. I don't know who Lady Shiva is. I vote for Melina.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Does owning a comic store make one an authority on these things?

BigDaddyCool
05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
I voted Electra because I know how she is.

Downunder
05-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Never heard of Lady Shiva, but going with her because Electra was a fucking shit movie

thedamndest
05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Is it a comic store or a game store? What is the deal?

The Destroyer
05-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm going to go for Shiva. Only because she's never been dead.

KIRA
05-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Hmm I'm torn Electra is good but Shiva always struck me as a stone cold killer.

Shiva gets my vote she is the very definition of the word badass

I should change my avatar it insinuates a certain bias.

mitchables
05-27-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm going to go for Shiva. Only because she's never been dead.

this, and also because going toe-to-toe with a blind lawyer somehow doesn't strike me as impressive as taking on batman.