PDA

View Full Version : Affirmative Action in Wrestling?

Next Big Thing
05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Ryan Clark is a douche who has been so wrong these past two weeks it's laughable. But, assuming Kofi and Truth did go over in an effort to establish more black stars, how do you guys feel about it? It's interesting because I remember Rick Steiner saying the only reason Booker was champ was because he complained to management. Steiner even showed himself as a true bigot by saying Booker "Played the ace of spades."

If that is the case, how do you guys feel about young stars like Drew and Ted jobbing for their peers solely for gains in the black demographic? Please let's keep it respectful as I don't want this to turn into a Klan rally.

The Pope
05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
It's fucked up that's what it is.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 12:02 PM
There's not enough black stars.

WWE is looking to reachout to the Black population which has to this day remained away from their viewing.

It's a brilliant idea to say the least.

It's just too bad a HUGE PERCENTAGE of wrestling fans are also Nascar fans... Racism is in their blood.

YoungFlyFlashy
05-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm going to leave this one alone. Let's see where it goes.

*Grabs popcorn*

Wishbone
05-26-2010, 12:24 PM
If they are recieving pushes based only on thier race then it is bullshit because black or white or any other race for that matter mean nothing and to give someone somthing just for being a certain color is just as racist as segregation or slavery

Kane Knight
05-26-2010, 12:26 PM
It's not really affirmative action to want to push more black stars. It's just WWE trying to cash in on a market.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
It's not really affirmative action to want to push more black stars. It's just WWE trying to cash in on a market.

For once, we agree on something.

Little black children's parents might not be able to afford a new bike or a ATV, but they can get their kid a wrestling T shirt or let them watch Raw & Smackdown for FREE..

Nothing like promoting their own kind so they can relate and dream about them stars being them!

Innovator
05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
It's not any different from them pushing Rey and Eddie to tap into the Latino market.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah.. I'm amazed that they don't use Chavo better so they could do that

Ever since the Vickie Guerrero storyline, I've been disgusted with how the WWE has used Chavo...

It's kind of like Santino and Hornswoggle.

Just a huge joke.. No real storylines.

I'd shit my pants if Santino got taken out by Sheamus and then 3 months down the road, Santino appeared from under the ring or at Sheamus's house and beat the hell out of him in street clothes and really put Santino over as a Main Eventer. He has the raw talent for it.

Narcissus
05-26-2010, 12:59 PM

tjmidnight420
05-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Stukkband you really aren't accomplishing anything except coming off as a bigot yourself.

The Pope
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
████████ width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIdLv1mkVXM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIdLv1mkVXM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DrCrawford
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
but cena is already a top star

oh wait.

The Pope
05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
but cena is already a top star

oh wait.

LOL:lol:

kareru
05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
new idea

'The Affirmative Faction'
a stable of all the black wwe superstars and they are all given a push

The Pope
05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Nation of Domination

YoungFlyFlashy
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM
No Limit Soldiers (Mean Gene - "...such hits as "I Miss My Homiez")

████████ width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QR8WYBVsYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QR8WYBVsYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

erickman
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
ted and drew are not being jobed out, the suprise is r-truth has the same music and gimic he had in his last days oy tna i figure wwe would change it.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL is that Rey Mysterio & Eric Bischoff? Holy FUCK I feel like I'm watching an alternate universe.

Damian Rey
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
What it comes down to is business and making said business money. It's not the most ethical thing to do, but in terms of smarts, to push guys like Kolfi, Truth, and MVP, to help reach out to the African-America community is smart.

Look at the loot Rey Mysterio is bringing in right now, especially with the Latino community. Anytime they're in a city with a large Latino population, Rey's getting the biggest pop. He's a draw. Same thing when Eddie Guerrero got hot.

Drew and Ted jobbing to them to help get them over is also Booking 101. To his credit, Truth is mad over. And he's done so with a shit gimmick, catchphrase, and finisher. And I'm personally happy to see such a talent take a dead end gimmick and make it work for them.

Kolfi's in the same boat. He took a one dimensional happy face gimmick, worked to it over, then began to evolve it into a more serious and driven, but still happy face. It's not like they're getting shoved down our throats.

WWE's being smart and taking guys who are already over, and pushing them in the mid card in order to reach to a specific demographic.

Nicky Fives
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I think the same can be said with why Sheamus & Drew McIntyre are being pushed..... because they can bring in more fans from Ireland & Scotland respectively..... However, I do see this as a bit of an extreme as IMO Sheamus & Drew seem more worthy of a push than either Kofi or Truth.....

St. Jimmy
05-26-2010, 04:49 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/687010/80801290.jpg

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Why? Because Sheamus sucked Triple H's cock countless times on the road or because he's not black?

I'm an Irishman, but I disagree with that notion.

I think Kofi and Truth deserve it more. I want to see you go out there and put on a accent day in n day out and more... Or rap day in n day out down to the ring.

Anyone can run around, looking angry, and taking people out.

LuigiD
05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I think Sheamus has gotten the biggest push out of all of them.
I think Kofi is worthy of a big push. He is a great performer and his matches are always enjoyable. R-Truth..I don't enjoy as much..just because the gimmick sucks. I think Kofi and R-Truth are being pushed properly.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I enjoy R Truths gimmick as it resembles Cena's old gimmick and atleast has some flavor.

You might just not be into rap or hip hop but I thoroughly enjoy it.

It's refreshing.

DAMN iNATOR
05-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I enjoy R Truths gimmick as it resembles Cena's old gimmick and atleast has some flavor.

You might just not be into rap or hip hop but I thoroughly enjoy it.

It's refreshing.

Oh sure. It's real "refreshing" to think the next time I go to a RAW show I could potentially have a microphone crammed in my face by some jerk who wants me to make an ass of myself and scream "WHAT'S UP?!" at the top of my lungs to him. :roll:

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Jus like Hall & Nash running around screaming Too Sweet and us doing the symbols.. Or every1 crotch choppin each other when the crowd is 85% guys.

thedamndest
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Affirmative, action in wrestling.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Fuck, is there even a female on this forum?

Other than Taylor Jean Midnight and Toddler Killer?

It's like the biggest Sausagefest in the world up in here.

Are all the females out watching Sex and the City 2 or something.

Vastardikai
05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm gonna say that Bill Watts is an incredibly racist son of a bitch. However, his biggest draw in Mid-South Wrestling was Junkyard Dog. The guy he put the world title on was Ron Simmons.

Race is a really complex issue in wrestling. Dick Murdoch was a fucking card-carrying member of the KKK, and he was a huge draw teaming with JYD.

KIRA
05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
As far as pushes go both Kofi and R-Truth are tremendosly talented guys and Truth can cut a wicked promo (see early TNA) hes just saddled with a goofy one dimensional gimmick if that goes he could seriously rock. Kofi pretty much speaks for himself very entertaining getting better on the mic and ridiculously over period the only divide I see in their fanbase is age based rather than racial based simply put, kids love them. IMO Sheamus still sucks but Drew has has grown on me a lot. Maybe its just me but my "race" really doesn't dictate who I cheer for,but then again skin color has never concerned me as it is surface level stupid shit that I don't waste time on.

adamevansfan: Their Kind? :wtf::lol:

Kane Knight
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM

Except Cena's gimmick was good and competent.

Oh sure. It's real "refreshing" to think the next time I go to a RAW show I could potentially have a microphone crammed in my face by some jerk who wants me to make an ass of myself and scream "WHAT'S UP?!" at the top of my lungs to him. :roll:

Shout something offensive.

Affirmative, action in wrestling.

Now that would be news.

Kane Knight
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Sascha's a bitch. Is that close enough?

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Yes, Thank You!

blak23
05-26-2010, 07:06 PM
that report was stupid as shit man. "Oh twe black champions! it must be because they are black not based on the fact they are good or the fact they are over with the crowd." Fuck you mr. clark, fuck you sir....to hell.

MoFo
05-26-2010, 07:19 PM
OMGZ WWE IZ SO RACIST

Savio
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Do Shad and JTG still wrestle?

KIRA
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
yep they do although they are no longer a tag team with Shad turning heel

and JTG looking like A gangsta Jermaine Stewart

BollywoodSingh
05-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I may be wrong, but I believe it would be affirmative action if they were pushing black stars just because they have historically not been pushed and to kind of make up for the lack of pushing black wrestlers in the past. But in this case, if they are just looking to push black stars in order to exploit those markets, that`s just a business decision, not affirmative action. It's like pushing Mysterio to cater to the Latino market or pushing Khali to cater to the Indian market.

DrA
05-26-2010, 08:06 PM
If you don't want a black person to be champion, make sure they don't kick out of your pump handle slam.

The Pope
05-26-2010, 10:56 PM

They left when they saw you join TPWW.

BollywoodSingh
05-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Has a female ever joined a wrestling forum in the history of wrestling forums? I doubt it.

tjmidnight420
05-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Taylor Jean Midnight

:lol: Dude I've defiled every single thread you've started since you've been here... and that's the best you can come up with? Get real you filthy lil ho.

KK you forgot someone... this one here's a bitch too.

AKin3D
05-27-2010, 04:21 AM
What it comes down to is business and making said business money. It's not the most ethical thing to do, but in terms of smarts, to push guys like Kolfi, Truth, and MVP, to help reach out to the African-America community is smart.

Look at the loot Rey Mysterio is bringing in right now, especially with the Latino community. Anytime they're in a city with a large Latino population, Rey's getting the biggest pop. He's a draw. Same thing when Eddie Guerrero got hot.

Drew and Ted jobbing to them to help get them over is also Booking 101. To his credit, Truth is mad over. And he's done so with a shit gimmick, catchphrase, and finisher. And I'm personally happy to see such a talent take a dead end gimmick and make it work for them.

Kolfi's in the same boat. He took a one dimensional happy face gimmick, worked to it over, then began to evolve it into a more serious and driven, but still happy face. It's not like they're getting shoved down our throats.

WWE's being smart and taking guys who are already over, and pushing them in the mid card in order to reach to a specific demographic.

:y:

Has a female ever joined a wrestling forum in the history of wrestling forums? I doubt it.

...Um........Hi?

Krimzon7
05-27-2010, 06:08 AM
I hate most every black superstar in the WWE right now. We have the street KOON (JTG), the skinning grinning 'Ize happy to have a job suh' nigga (Kofi), the Step and fetchit koon (R TRUTH) and the bling bling ballin ass nigga (MVP). It makes me sick to see so many caricatures that I usually turn off the tube when MY race is featured. Sadly, the only black wrestler I can stomach, GIMMICK wise Is David Otunga! His cocky A List gimmick is literally the same gimmick that MNM used, although it's not executed as pleasantly.

The only wrestlers who has layers to his gimmick is MVP, who sadly enough, plays to another nigga stereotype...the ex convict. With that said, most black Superstars can go...Truth has solid skills for the MID CARD, MVP is the goods, and Kofi is plain mezmerizing in the ring. JTG has shown some solid chops as enhancement talent, Shad looks pretty cool in the angry heel tag partner gimmick. I would be happy with better characters on my screen for the brothers than titles around 'coons on my tube!

Kane Knight
05-27-2010, 07:44 AM

We've got chicks, fags, trannies, Jews, niggers, spics, and even a Mormon.

blak23
05-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I hate most every black superstar in the WWE right now. We have the street KOON (JTG), the skinning grinning 'Ize happy to have a job suh' nigga (Kofi), the Step and fetchit koon (R TRUTH) and the bling bling ballin ass nigga (MVP). It makes me sick to see so many caricatures that I usually turn off the tube when MY race is featured. Sadly, the only black wrestler I can stomach, GIMMICK wise Is David Otunga! His cocky A List gimmick is literally the same gimmick that MNM used, although it's not executed as pleasantly.

The only wrestlers who has layers to his gimmick is MVP, who sadly enough, plays to another nigga stereotype...the ex convict. With that said, most black Superstars can go...Truth has solid skills for the MID CARD, MVP is the goods, and Kofi is plain mezmerizing in the ring. JTG has shown some solid chops as enhancement talent, Shad looks pretty cool in the angry heel tag partner gimmick. I would be happy with better characters on my screen for the brothers than titles around 'coons on my tube!
are you seriously ranting? Kofi's character is a guy who wants to win, and i don't know what you are looking at but the american guy who speaks properly and just so happens to be black is the guy you have a problem with. i can see the other guys but kofi's character is generic as hell no real edge to him the most entertainment you get is when he's actually in the ring

The Pope
05-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Doesn't Hornicane's wife post here every once in a while?

Ruien
05-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Black people had sex with monkeys in Africa, got aids, and came to the United States.

Next Big Thing
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Black people had sex with monkeys in Africa, got aids, and came to the United States.

Holy shit! You went to public school in the South too! LOL.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 04:52 PM

To collect welfare.

tjmidnight420
05-28-2010, 05:16 PM

Gotta love TP-Dub.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Gotta love TP-Dub.

We are an idiosyncratic lot.

Shadrick
05-29-2010, 01:23 AM
*sighs*

*is black*

KIRA
05-29-2010, 01:30 AM

we have Mormons?

Kane Knight
05-29-2010, 06:59 AM
we have Mormons?

I made that one up to fill out the list.

tjmidnight420
05-29-2010, 08:11 AM
I made that one up to fill out the list.

I'm sure there's one lurking on here somewhere...

Kane Knight
05-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Droford beleives everything else Glenn Beck says, so maybe he's one.

Krimzon7
05-29-2010, 01:45 PM
are you seriously ranting? Kofi's character is a guy who wants to win, and i don't know what you are looking at but the american guy who speaks properly and just so happens to be black is the guy you have a problem with. i can see the other guys but kofi's character is generic as hell no real edge to him the most entertainment you get is when he's actually in the ring

are you seriously trolling?
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103102

Kane Knight
05-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Almost everyone on TPWW is trolling. It's time to learn to cope.

Krimzon7
05-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Almost everyone on TPWW is trolling. It's time to learn to cope.

You were supposed to see what I did there :roll:

SixxT9
05-30-2010, 02:39 AM

I like how you only capitalized Jews and a Mormon.

Kane Knight
05-30-2010, 08:26 AM
You were supposed to see what I did there :roll:

Because I was tho theriuth mythelf.

Feller.

I like how you only capitalized Jews and a Mormon.

They're the ones that generally see capitalization. Though I suppose you could argue "jew" as a slur is lower case.

Krimzon7
05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Okay, I absolutely have no idea what that means. You win.

Kane Knight
05-30-2010, 10:43 AM
lolwut

blak23
05-30-2010, 01:02 PM
what is trolling?

tjmidnight420
05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
what is trolling?

lolwut

:shifty: