PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Colon Comments on Carlito's Release

Providence Peep
05-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Former WWE superstar Carlito was released last week for refusing to enter a rehabilitation program following his first violation of WWE's Wellness program. It was widely reported that Carlito did not actually fail a drug test, but showed up to last week's WWE RAW "unfit to perform."

Carlito's father, Carlos Colón, Sr., revealed in an interview with Primerohora.com that his son was abusing painkillers. Colon said his son began using pills recently to help with his debilitating back pain, but his use quickly spiraled into abuse.

“I want to clarify that Carly was not suspended for using cocaine, or heroin or marijuana, but for abuse of painkillers, which is not unusual because they cause pain falls and blows, combined with the constant traveling,” Colón, Sr. stated. “Carly started using one or two for his back pain, but it seems that the situation has become much more serious and needs help.”

Colon said his son’s back pain was due to the execution of his "Backstabber" finishing maneuver, which is a double knee backbreaker. The move requires Carlito to endure the impact of his 200-300 pound wrestlers on his knees and back each time. Colon says Carlito never sought medical attention for his back pain, and thus his reliance on painkillers increased.

Colon said the door is open for Carlito to return to WWE down the road once he sorts out his personal problems, but "it is up to him to accept that and want to improve and get out of this situation."

Perry Saturn
05-26-2010, 11:08 PM
He is a pretty good athlete wouldnt mind seeing him back

teamXtremist
05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
tna tna tna come on carlito stick it to wwe

tjmidnight420
05-27-2010, 12:03 AM
tna tna tna come on carlito stick it to wwe

Yeah cause Carlito would so get used right in TNA. :shifty:

Supreme Olajuwon
05-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Huh, I guess I never really thought about the extra impact with the backstabber. INTERESTING IF TRUE

Aguakate
05-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I live in Puerto Rico, but i'm not a Carlito fan, I only liked him when he first started in WWE, his gimmick was ok and The Cabanna was nice, and he was getting a push...but before then, when he wrestled here, I didn't like him, and the version of Carlito we had up until he was fired, I didnt like either.

About the "Backstabber"...Hmmm...I don't know. I mean, I get what Carlos Colon Sr says, about the impact, and about a 200-300 pound man falling on your knees and having to take the impact...I mean, it's not like the Codebreaker, where the wrestler receiving it doesn't fall ON Jericho, they just take the hit and fall back, so in that regard I can see where, since when Carlito did the Backstabber, the wrestler fell ON him, it can bother his knees and back.

However...it's not like he did it EVERY time he wrestled...I mean...Carlito didn't exactly WIN a whole lot...so...I don't know. When I read the story in the newspaper, that part of it felt like it was told in "kayfabe"...either that, or he was trying to just give an excuse...after all, a parent will "back" their kids no matter what they do, I mean...they ARE their kids...and...sometimes as parents, you try to excuse your kid's behaviors...though you shoudn't.

PS: In the story, Carlos Colon Sr said that if Carlito agreed to get treatment, he would be "rehired" automatically...don't know how true THAT is.

YoungFlyFlashy
05-27-2010, 12:49 AM
I live in Puerto Rico, but i'm not a Carlito fan, I only liked him when he first started in WWE, his gimmick was ok and The Cabanna was nice, and he was getting a push...but before then, when he wrestled here, I didn't like him, and the version of Carlito we had up until he was fired, I didnt like either.

About the "Backstabber"...Hmmm...I don't know. I mean, I get what Carlos Colon Sr says, about the impact, and about a 200-300 pound man falling on your knees and having to take the impact...I mean, it's not like the Codebreaker, where the wrestler receiving it doesn't fall ON Jericho, they just take the hit and fall back, so in that regard I can see where, since when Carlito did the Backstabber, the wrestler fell ON him, it can bother his knees and back.

However...it's not like he did it EVERY time he wrestled...I mean...Carlito didn't exactly WIN a whole lot...so...I don't know. When I read the story in the newspaper, that part of it felt like it was told in "kayfabe"...either that, or he was trying to just give an excuse...after all, a parent will "back" their kids no matter what they do, I mean...they ARE their kids...and...sometimes as parents, you try to excuse your kid's behaviors...though you shoudn't.

PS: In the story, Carlos Colon Sr said that if Carlito agreed to get treatment, he would be "rehired" automatically...don't know how true THAT is.

Until you attend or watch every untelevised Carlito match, watch every televised Carlito match, track down all the run ins he did where he used the Backstabber, don't sit there and try to degrade the man by saying he didn't use that much. It sounds a legit reason, and you know what if it's not true, we will never know will we. To mean it sounds be legit, so I'll leave it at that.

tjmidnight420
05-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Pretty much.

Aguakate
05-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Until you attend or watch every untelevised Carlito match, watch every televised Carlito match, track down all the run ins he did where he used the Backstabber, don't sit there and try to degrade the man by saying he didn't use that much. It sounds a legit reason, and you know what if it's not true, we will never know will we. To mean it sounds be legit, so I'll leave it at that.

...so Triple H's continueous use of "The Pedigree" is what ultimately resulted in him tearing his quads? Come on, now...

Supreme Olajuwon
05-27-2010, 01:54 AM
I don't think anyone mentioned Triple H...

Shadrick
05-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Lol yeah no one mentioned TRIPLE HAITCH.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I can't think of a whole lot of finishing moves that would have as much impact on a guy's body. And even then, it doesn't necessarily have to be a gradual degradation of his back as he executes the move flawlessly each time. All he had to do was screw it up once and his back is shot forever.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Oh wait, I just thought of a move but I want to post it as a sarcastic asshole wrestling forum post so hold on a sec

Supreme Olajuwon
05-27-2010, 02:03 AM
It's not like any other wrestler has suffered chronic injuries because of a signature high impact move...

http://i16.tinypic.com/61yglm9.jpg

OH YEAH

YoungFlyFlashy
05-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Basically when it comes to this sport we know as wrestling, all it takes is one move, one bad time, one bad bump. I mean damn, if you are going to argue Carlito, might as well argue HBK's career ending (or what was thought to be) graze with a casket. That is what completely sent him over the edge with the pain killer and etc.

Austin vs Owen @ SS. One piledriver in 1997 and 13 years later Austin still wakes up paralyze sometimes, and still suffers from it.

Randy Orton, we saw what just happened to him this past Sunday.

Droz, one running powerbomb slip and now he is in a wheelchair writing columns for WWE.com.

Bret Hart, all he took was a "kick", look at him, still suffering from that unlucky WCW event.

So maybe it wasn't performing the Backstabber day in and day out, but maybe it was that one unfaithful night that he did not land correctly. It's reminders like this that make me applaud the smart ones like The Rock, that understand where the majority of the wrestlers end up, and leave before they become a vegtable. Sad to see him go, miss his presence, but you clearly can't help but applaud when you see him and say to yourself, "Good job, one got out safe."

The Mackem
05-27-2010, 03:41 AM

GERRIN - finally found one of the many Puerto Rican site visitors on the forums.

The Mackem
05-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Aguakate - I need you to post in the following topic

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3084537#post3084537

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2010, 07:43 AM
To be honest, I've always wondered about the Backstabber, too. It doesn't look like the nicest finishing move to either give or take. Carlito doesn't really get to break his fall doing it, either. During the WrestleMania XXIV Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Carlito gave one to Chris Jericho that absolutely made me cringe -- for both men.

It'd be cool to see it busted out once in a while, but it should be a "sometimes" move. If Carlito got himself clean, returned to the WWE with the right attitude, I think he would get another shot. Wasn't Vince afraid of losing him at one point? Everyone knows how naturally talented the guy is. Maybe this could be the "maturing process" many thought he needed?

I'd laugh if Carlito returned as a member of The Straight-Edge Society. The hair gave him a "thing" at first, but it stayed way past its expiry date.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
They'd resign Carlito in a heartbeat due to him being over with the fans. But they'd need to give him a decent push this time around.

I'm wondering what's going on with Chris Masters nowadays too.
and..

What about Abraham Washington? Will he be Smackdown GM then?

The Pope
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
This is about Carlito, make another thread about that if you want to know.

jskinnyg
05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
To be honest, I've always wondered about the Backstabber, too. It doesn't look like the nicest finishing move to either give or take. Carlito doesn't really get to break his fall doing it, either. During the WrestleMania XXIV Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Carlito gave one to Chris Jericho that absolutely made me cringe -- for both men.

It'd be cool to see it busted out once in a while, but it should be a "sometimes" move. If Carlito got himself clean, returned to the WWE with the right attitude, I think he would get another shot. Wasn't Vince afraid of losing him at one point? Everyone knows how naturally talented the guy is. Maybe this could be the "maturing process" many thought he needed?

I'd laugh if Carlito returned as a member of The Straight-Edge Society. The hair gave him a "thing" at first, but it stayed way past its expiry date.

Oooh I remember that Backstabber... That made me cringe too...

Rammsteinmad
05-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Carlito could be the next Eddie Guerrero.

He can come back from this, work his way up the ranks again and finally find the motivation to go all the way.

:yes:

Xero

He can come back from this, work his way up the ranks again and finally find the motivation to go all the way.

Except Carlito is no where near the level of Eddie Guerrero and never will be....

TGR
It's a shame. The Backstabber (and it's cousin, the Codebreaker) was, by far, the most awesome-looking finisher used in the past few years.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
yeah word big fan of all those double knee variations

especially Roderick Strong's fireman's carry gutbuster

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVCJ5wed8EE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVCJ5wed8EE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

.44 Magdalene
05-28-2010, 12:23 AM
One of the guys I train with does a backstabber-type move (possibly the same one?). I didn't think it was all that much more in the giving, since you sort of get used to landing straight on your back. I will say it's a mad gay move to take, though.

DAMN iNATOR
05-28-2010, 12:28 AM
This is about Carlito, make another thread about that if you want to know.

PLEASE don't encourage him...:(

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM

He can come back from this, work his way up the ranks again and finally find the motivation to go all the way. And then die of a heart attack aided by the drugs he was doing.

Sorry, can't help but think of the end when people talk about the "next Eddie Guerrero."

Damian Rey
05-28-2010, 01:45 AM
PLEASE don't encourage him...:(

:rofl: