PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker's Next Wrestlemania Opponent

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 08:13 PM
should be Chris Jericho.

He's always wanted to prove that he's better than HBK, what better way than to defeat Taker at Wrestlemania?

Discuss.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Jericho would actually be the perfect interlude between Michaels and Cena.

Cena should be Taker's 20th (and final) victory. Jericho would have an awesome match with Taker in the mean time.

CSL
05-27-2010, 08:16 PM
My 'dream booking' scenario for a while now outside of 'The Second City Saints winning and holding every title WWE have including Womens' has been John Cena turning heel and beating the Undertaker to end the streak. The only problem I see with Jericho is that nobody is going to buy him as a threat to the streak.

Mr. Pierre
05-27-2010, 08:17 PM
I think it'll be Cena vs. Taker, and both will have their current characters.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:18 PM
After all they've done to water down everything Cena's been apart of and pushing him down our throats time and time again, letting him end the streak is a slap in the face of not only the streak but the fans, heel or face.

I'm all for the match, especially with a heel Cena, but not Cena going over.

It'd have to be a heel Cena anyway. No way they can pull off a Face vs Face match in this scenario without him being shit on throughout the whole thing.

El Tigre
05-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Jericho is a great selection. In terms of ability and showmanship, I don't think anyone can match up with him at the present time. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing Kane get another shot at the streak. I know that he's already had at least two WM matches against Taker, but I don't see him being around for much longer, and one final push in his career would be nice

El Tigre
05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
After all they've done to water down everything Cena's been apart of and pushing him down our throats time and time again, letting him end the streak is a slap in the face of not only the streak but the fans, heel or face.

It'd have to be a heel Cena anyway. No way they can pull off a Face vs Face match in this scenario without him being shit on throughout the whole thing.

This. But not just for Cena. The streak should remain intact regardless of who the opponent may be.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Jericho is a great selection. In terms of ability and showmanship, I don't think anyone can match up with him at the present time. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing Kane get another shot at the streak. I know that he's already had at least two WM matches against Taker, but I don't see him being around for much longer, and one final push in his career would be nice

That would actually be an interesting aspect of the whole Taker/Kane saga. They could do Taker vs Kane and have Taker end the Kane character at Mania. It'd be a fitting end, with Kane's career coming full-circle.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:26 PM
This. But not just for Cena. The streak should remain intact regardless of who the opponent may be.

I agree, but Cena would be dead last on my list of people who could potentially end it.

Johnny Vegas
05-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Like CSL said, Jericho, as credible as he is, wouldn't be seen as a threat to the Undertaker's streak. I don't think anyone here is going to believe that Jericho will end the Undertaker's streak.

One person that could step up to the plate could be Kane...but i'd like to see Kane slowly make his way back to the Masked Sadistic Kane for the match. That would make it more exciting and fresh.

The only other person would be Big Show (because there's no way UT is picking his big ass up for the tombstone), or HHH since Undertaker took out HBK, kayfabe-wise.

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 08:28 PM
My 'dream booking' scenario for a while now outside of 'The Second City Saints winning and holding every title WWE have including Womens' has been John Cena turning heel and beating the Undertaker to end the streak. The only problem I see with Jericho is that nobody is going to buy him as a threat to the streak.

He'd have to beat him twice before next Wrestlemania.

Big thing to remember: He beat him (with HBK's help) right before 'Mania. If the feud is done right and I think it could be it would be an amazing match.

Remember Jericho trying to recreate HBK's Rumble Victory? His obsession with surpassing his legacy?

Jericho VS. Undertaker
World Title VS. Streak

Hell, add in HBK for some non-wrestling interaction and this could be the best feud in years.

Johnny Vegas
05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
But Cena could be the "last" opponent of WrestleMania for the Undertaker

CSL
05-27-2010, 08:29 PM

One of the big advantages of turning him heel (in fact probably the biggest) is to reinvent and refresh his character. And who is it a slap in the face of? The IWC? Taker himself? I doubt it.

And I don't think Cena would have to be a heel at all. The crowd shitting on him over Taker would fit perfectly into the angle since the main basis for his eventual turn should simply be 'I bust my ass for you, you still boo me'. I'm not seeing what money Vince McMahon can make from The Undertaker retiring having never been beaten at WrestleMania. I see big $$$ in John Cena turning heel and ending the streak.

The Franchise
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah, other than Jericho, there isn't anyone else really that would be an acceptable opponent for 19-0. I guess Triple H but that has a very slim chance of happening. The only other people I can think of are maybe CM Punk or Jack Swagger if it's for the World Title with Taker going over.

Jericho would be the best case scenario for next year and then Cena for the 20-0 and retirement. With Jericho we should get some very entertaining promos at the very least. No matter who Taker faces, the feud will ultimately be the same as every year -- "I'm going to end the streak!" "You will rest...in...peace" etc etc but Jericho should add a little "pizaz" to the feud.

Another route they COULD take is to do Cena vs Taker next year and then do Vince vs Taker for 20-0.

The Franchise
05-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Like CSL said, Jericho, as credible as he is, wouldn't be seen as a threat to the Undertaker's streak. I don't think anyone here is going to believe that Jericho will end the Undertaker's streak.

One person that could step up to the plate could be Kane...but i'd like to see Kane slowly make his way back to the Masked Sadistic Kane for the match. That would make it more exciting and fresh.

The only other person would be Big Show (because there's no way UT is picking his big ass up for the tombstone), or HHH since Undertaker took out HBK, kayfabe-wise.

How is Kane a bigger threat than Jericho? Kane is a jobber who has lost many times before to Taker. At least with Jericho there is the possibility of him out smarting Taker.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Honestly?

I feel it's going to be Glen Jacobs, KANE!

The "brothers" have gone through alot and I feel that Kane will retire The Undertaker in some capacity next Wrestlemania. It's going from Flair, to HBK, to Undertaker...

I think that Kane will get a huge push in the fall so they can build it up and make it EPIC.

I only seeing this being the case due to their past history. Maybe Paul Bearer will come out with Kane too.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't think that ANYONE, realistically, is a threat to the streak outside of Cena. Kane could never get back to what he was when he was at his peak after all they've done to the character. Putting the mask back on is just a spritz of warter on a soiled pair of underwear that was lit ablaze.

At least Jericho could make the feud entertaining, as could someone like Punk.

Punk would actually be a great one if they worked with it by having Punk call Taker on his mind games being his drug etc etc. Still fantasizing about Taker being crucified on the Straight Edge symbol.

I'm of the opinion that Taker has two more Manias, and is leaving after 20 Manias. Whether he wins or loses the 20th is up in the air (I'd rather him not obviously). But that 20th has to be against Cena, only because Cena is the biggest thing they will have in two years.

Hunter is another one, and would be an amazing match, especially with the story behind it. Now that I think about it, he and Cena are really the last two left. I still think Cena would be the bigger of the two in terms of draw, but the story would be much more interesting.

El Tigre
05-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Another route they COULD take is to do Cena vs Taker next year and then do Vince vs Taker for 20-0.

Oh God, that sounds so horrible. Mostly because it sounds like something WWE would actually consider doing.

The Franchise
05-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Agreed with Xero. Ideally I want to see him face either Jericho or HHH next year and then Cena at WM 28 (retiring 20-0).

I think Hunter has "chilled out" over the last few years and wouldn't have an issue with losing to Taker at Mania. If this were to happen they could do the "avenging his best friend" storyline with the added bonus of them being the two biggest stars in the WWE (other than Cena).

I hope they don't do a cop out match like Mark Henry.... like Swagger vs Taker for the title.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Jericho would be awesome for the buildup, and the match itself would be awesome, but I agree that most people won't buy him as a legitimate threat to the streak.
After the threats they've thrown at him the past few years, nobody's going to have doubts going in.

I think that a triple threat situation would probably present the best suspense. With the right build and opponents, people might believe that Taker could lose without getting pinned. Maybe Jericho and Punk, or Jericho and Edge? HHH?

There aren't really many more scenarios up to the standard they've set. Cena is really the last huge threat, and that should be the 20th and final match like suggested.
I think the triple threat is the best thing I can think of right now for the 19th.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:42 PM
One of the big advantages of turning him heel (in fact probably the biggest) is to reinvent and refresh his character. And who is it a slap in the face of? The IWC? Taker himself? I doubt it.

And I don't think Cena would have to be a heel at all. The crowd shitting on him over Taker would fit perfectly into the angle since the main basis for his eventual turn should simply be 'I bust my ass for you, you still boo me'. I'm not seeing what money Vince McMahon can make from The Undertaker retiring having never been beaten at WrestleMania. I see big $$$ in John Cena turning heel and ending the streak.

Does WWE see big money in turning Cena heel and losing their merch machine, though?

Vince makes no money from Taker keeping the streak. But does he honestly get that much more with Cena beating the streak? What would he gain with Cena beating the streak? A tarnished blip on Taker's record and it'd be forgotten within four months. That's how Cena's character works.

In the long run, a heel Cena is best for the company if, and only if, they have a face who is equal or more than what Cena is now. Cena is the face of the company and turning him anytime soon would be a BAD move.

If WWE is willing to lose the merch or can get someone outside of anyone else on the roster right now to Cena's level, they can do it. But NO ONE is on face Cena's level outside of guys who will be gone within a few years.

And no, if crowds are shitting on Cena for months on end it doesn't work for his character. He'd be the heel and WWE would be forcing him into a face position, which would be terrible.

Droford
05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Undertaker's Next Wrestlemania Opponent sounds like a reality show name.

The Franchise
05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Taker vs Maryse! Divas Title. The streak vs Taker's manhood

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Lesnar vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania would have been amazing and a total nailbiter. They had that great hell in a cell match, but that wasn't at Mania and it wasn't with Taker's deadman gimmick

CSL
05-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Does WWE see big money in turning Cena heel and losing their merch machine, though?

My 'dream booking' scenario for a while now outside of 'The Second City Saints winning and holding every title WWE have including Womens' has been John Cena turning heel and beating the Undertaker to end the streak.

CM Punk and Colt Cabana are never going to hold all of the titles (including Womens) in WWE.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:47 PM
You're the one bringing up money issues.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Eventually Cena will stop being a merch machine though. Not soon, but eventually. I think Vince is smart enough to realize this.
I firmly believe that he will turn heel down the road, just as soon as they have another top face and merch machine.
A heel turn doesn't only mean a creative decision, but it presents longterm business potential. If his merchandising is dwindling, a heel turn could lead to the subsequent face turn which provides an all new boost to popularity

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 08:52 PM
They've canned DX, they've turned Austin heel, and they've dropped the deadman gimmick on the Undertaker.
Ultimately doing those things only served to make more money on the triumphant returns. In all cases, they were declining trends and it was smart to take a break and conserve the gimmick for a later date.
I can see the same happening with cash cow Cena, just as long as someone else steps up and starts carrying the brand as a face. Nobody's really doing that right now, outside of maybe Orton but for all his popularity I can't see him filling that role unless they change the whole company around him.

Xero
05-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Eventually Cena will stop being a merch machine though. Not soon, but eventually. I think Vince is smart enough to realize this.
I firmly believe that he will turn heel down the road, just as soon as they have another top face and merch machine.
A heel turn doesn't only mean a creative decision, but it presents longterm business potential. If his merchandising is dwindling, a heel turn could lead to the subsequent face turn which provides an all new boost to popularity

I completely agree. Cena's heel turn is inevitable and will likely be the biggest angle in years in WWE. It's just a matter of when it'll happen. I can't see it within a year from now. Maybe two years, but, as mentioned multiple times, it relies heavily on another face stepping up.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Wrestlemania 27: Undertaker vs Jericho vs CM Punk
Wrestlemania 28: Undertaker vs Cena
Wrestlemania 29: HOF

Wishbone
05-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Cena should be Taker's 20th (and final) victory. Jericho would have an awesome match with Taker in the mean time.

this:y:

CSL
05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
You're the one bringing up money issues.

The reason I quoted that part of your post is because I think it's essentially the only thing stopping him from being turned already. I disagreed about the rest of your post but what's the point in explaining why when the first part renders the rest moot and we're potentially a long time away from it happening?

Like Jeritron, I'm pretty sure they'll turn Cena at some point and I think with the correct opponent/s, it would work very well, make a lot of money and John Cena would excel. I just don't really have any desire to speculate about it atm, especially not with somebody that shares the OTT internet view of John Cena. Would probably go on forever.

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Just playing Devil's Advocate here. This isn't something I'd want to do, but assuming they were sure they could meet the standards of 25/26, would Michaels coming out of retirement and BEATING Taker at Mania 28 for his final Mania match work?

It'd be similar to the Rock/Austin Mania saga. Michaels gets the last laugh.

This would be for this ONE angle, and Michaels and Taker would never touch until Mania. Just trying to think HOW they could set this up, possibly as a triple threat with Hunter.

Take out the "he shouldn't come out of retirement" bias for a second and think about it.

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:07 PM
The reason I quoted that part of your post is because I think it's essentially the only thing stopping him from being turned already. I disagreed about the rest of your post but what's the point in explaining why when the first part renders the rest moot and we're potentially a long time away from it happening?

Like Jeritron, I'm pretty sure they'll turn Cena at some point and I think with the correct opponent/s, it would work very well, make a lot of money and John Cena would excel. I just don't really have any desire to speculate about it atm, especially not with somebody that shares the OTT internet view of John Cena. Would probably go on forever.
I don't share the IWC's view of Cena. If I did I never would have said turning him heel would be bad.

CSL
05-27-2010, 09:10 PM
So you have genuine reasons for him being 'dead last on my list of people who could potentially end it'?

I agree, but Cena would be dead last on my list of people who could potentially end it.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:12 PM
If Michaels came out of retirement to beat Undertaker I'd probably be done with wrestling for a long time. I'm not one to say that either.
It would just represent the two worst creative decisions I can think of, at the same time.

I also don't think it would be that much of a draw since most of the people who care would probably roll their eyes to it. You can only do it so much.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Actually, if I could choose any two things in wrestling to never be touched it would probably be Shawn Michaels retirement and Undertaker's streak

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Cena doesn't need it in any way, shape or form. It can't be something that gets lost in a list a mile long of accomplishment. If it's going to end, it should be to someone it would help. I'm not saying it can't be to someone established because it has to be, but it has to be a major part of THEIR character for a long while for it to mean anything.

If the streak is going to end, it needs to make an impact on the character. What kind of impact would Cena beating Taker get when you compare Cena's entire career to it? Very little.

From a fan's perspective, taking out the IWC influence and the "smark" view, it's just another thing that happens at Mania. It's cool, it's a huge moment, but it doesn't affect the Cena character much, just adds to a laundry list of accomplishments. The ONLY way it would work would be to establish Cena as the top heel, and it would all but require Cena to win cheaply and utterly destroy Taker. Something that CAN'T happen with something like this.

It's the equivalent of what would have happened if Hogan beat Goldberg's streak.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm going to be honest. I don't want the streak to end at all, but if it was going to end I'd probably most like to see it mark a huge Cena heel turn.

For storyline purposes, I'd rather see it done by someone as established as him. It'd be a huge event, and I'd rather see it cause a huge stir, than be potentially wasted on an unproven rookie who would never escape that stigma. They would always be the Buster Douglas of wrestling kayfabe.
I honestly think it has a better chance of destroying a bright career than launching one. In Cena's case, he's already a huge deal and it would just create a huge character change and storyline. It wouldn't imprison him or be a potential throw away.

I still don't think it should happen. Also, I disagree with the Hogan/Goldberg analogy since Hogan was the biggest wrestling star in the world while Goldberg was in high school.
I think Hogan cutting down a young star in his prime would be a bit different, since Cena and Taker are closer to being peers, and Cena's way younger.

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:22 PM
My alternative for that was Hogan beating Warrior at Mania 6.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:23 PM
To me that's the same thing only 7 years earlier. Warrior was the fresher star by far and a new commodity

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:25 PM
It may as well have happened though, since Warrior ultimately went nowhere after that because of his bullshit, and within a matter of months Hogan was right back where he was going into that match.
By Wrestlemania 7 he was the top guy by a mile again. He basically passed the torch and got it back before anyone even knew it happened.

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:26 PM
It's semantics. What I'm saying is that Cena is an established star here to the point that he does not need anything of this caliber as a face, and the way they'd end the streak (and make it work) would likely be totally unacceptable.

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:27 PM
He'd probably use duct tape.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:31 PM
It's semantics. What I'm saying is that Cena is an established star here to the point that he does not need anything of this caliber as a face, and the way they'd end the streak (and make it work) would likely be totally unacceptable.

He doesn't need it, but what I'm saying is that personally I would see it as creatively rewarding, which to me is far more worth it than pegging it on some up and comer.
That's because I honestly think it'd be more of a curse than a gift to someone who isn't very established though.
I don't think anyone needs it. That's why it's better left intact, but I'd rather see it go to a peer than a rookie.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:32 PM
And I'm not saying Cena is a peer to The Undertaker as a performer or anything, just to clarify. Just in terms of other things. They're both top guys

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Even someone as awesome and relatively established as Punk snapping the streak would be dangerous, I think.
He's great, but he'd probably stop being CM Punk and start being "that guy who broke Undertaker's streak" almost overnight, in the eyes of people who don't watch the product weekly and future generations.

Xero
05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I agree on the Punk assessment. I just don't see anyone who, in the long run, could use it. Either they're to the point where it'd get lost in the shuffle (Hunter, Cena), not on the level of being a threat to Taker (Orton, Kane, Jericho) or too risky (Punk, Orton [injury prone], laundry list of other guys).

To me, there's no one really worthy of ending it in WWE right now and very, VERY few who could POSSIBLY step up within two years to that level.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 09:44 PM
The ROCK can return and DO IT.. Or Steve Austin.

HOW ABOUT MICK FOLEY OR KURT ANGLE?

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree on the Punk assessment. I just don't see anyone who, in the long run, could use it. Either they're to the point where it'd get lost in the shuffle (Hunter, Cena), not on the level of being a threat to Taker (Orton, Kane, Jericho) or too risky (Punk, Orton [injury prone], laundry list of other guys).

To me, there's no one really worthy of ending it in WWE right now and very, VERY few who could POSSIBLY step up within two years to that level.

Well then we're in overall agreement, because I don't think anyone in the current scene or forseeable future should snap it. Even if there was I'd probably rather them not.
We just differ on what we think should happen IF it happens, which hopefully doesn't have to come up beyond our hypothetical

The Gold Standard
05-27-2010, 10:37 PM

This

BollywoodSingh
05-28-2010, 12:02 AM

There's no need to turn Cena heel. Him getting booed by the live audience has not affected business at all and he's still WWE's biggest draw.

XCaliber
05-28-2010, 12:08 AM
This thread seems awful familiay I agree that Jericho should face Taker at WM28 and then face Cena at WM29 or vice versa is fine too but Cena has the better record afterall.

Rammsteinmad
05-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Im regards to Kane facing Undertaker, to be honest I really wouldn't care about this as I really don't care about Kane anymore, UNLESS, they can do this in a realistic, worked-shoot kinda way. I dunno, have Kane be all like:

"My whole career, I've been a second-rate Undertaker clone, whilst Mark has always gone and got all the glory, I've been stuck with this lame 'burned brother' gimmick!"

I dunno, I just don't care about Kane anymore, and he's jobbed to so many people, the idea of him beating Undertaker is a joke, unless they introduce this more realistic approach to it.

jskinnyg
05-28-2010, 02:57 AM
I don't think that ANYONE, realistically, is a threat to the streak outside of Cena. Kane could never get back to what he was when he was at his peak after all they've done to the character. Putting the mask back on is just a spritz of warter on a soiled pair of underwear that was lit ablaze.

At least Jericho could make the feud entertaining, as could someone like Punk.

Punk would actually be a great one if they worked with it by having Punk call Taker on his mind games being his drug etc etc. Still fantasizing about Taker being crucified on the Straight Edge symbol.

I'm of the opinion that Taker has two more Manias, and is leaving after 20 Manias. Whether he wins or loses the 20th is up in the air (I'd rather him not obviously). But that 20th has to be against Cena, only because Cena is the biggest thing they will have in two years.

Hunter is another one, and would be an amazing match, especially with the story behind it. Now that I think about it, he and Cena are really the last two left. I still think Cena would be the bigger of the two in terms of draw, but the story would be much more interesting.

Yup gotta go with this... Cena is the lovechild that is Hogan /Rock/Austin TO VINCE in his head... Obviously...

Jericho & Punk would be insanely entertaining but we all know that ain't happening... Jericho a close possible 2nd... I think it will inevitably be Cena/Taker to end the Deadman's career... Do I think Taker will lose... After the great build up of this past years WM... Who knows if it stays intact...

ImpactPlayer365
05-28-2010, 03:52 AM
Hopefully the writers are this logical when trying to answer this question themselves. I would think maybe a triple threat match next year since he won't have to do so much work and still look good at WM. He might not even make it to 20-0.

This would be a good chance for John Morrison to get a good feud under his belt and take Taker to the limit like Orton did.

That pairing seems odd after typing it down...

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 05:14 AM
I know they've already had one feud, but Taker vs. CM Punk at Mania would be so easy to book, and you're almost guaranteed to get a good one out of it. Plus, this current incarnation of Punk has evolved quite a bit from the one that the Undertaker faced in their previous encounter.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Yeah I should have read the other posts before posting that, w/e.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Currently, the only people I can see worth putting against Taker at Mania are CM Punk, Edge, Orton, Jericho, Batista and Triple H. And those are essentially all rehashes save for Punk and Jericho. Also you have to think that at this stage of his career, the Undertaker will want the best matches possible for him at Mania; anyone suggesting that he face a midcard guy like Dibiase/Kingston/Morrison isn't thinking straight. Problem is, all the current options for the Undertaker are been there/done that.

It'll either be Taker vs. Jericho, Taker vs. Punk, or maybe he'll be involved in some sort of gimmick match (Triple Threat/Fatal Four Way).

Also fuck John Cena. That is all.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Or, of course, the dark horse:

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rE-yYZeKwQ0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rE-yYZeKwQ0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Brock
05-28-2010, 05:28 AM
jericho wil be a ryt choice..

but i rather choose john cena.. it a better way to make cena a heal.. besides! cena is victorious in wrestlemania since on his debut at WXX except W24.. i would love to see that match on W27 vs taker streak.. maybe they can do it a submission match.. since cena never quit! and no one in history that make undertkaer tap out!

hir are some matches that i want to see at WM27..

undertaker vs john cena submission match (or vs goldberg undeafed and mania vs undefeated in single matches)

HHH vs HBK (i would love to see HBK back at WM vs on his buddy HHH)

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 05:30 AM

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Honestly?

I feel it's going to be Glen Jacobs, KANE!

The "brothers" have gone through alot and I feel that Kane will retire The Undertaker in some capacity next Wrestlemania. It's going from Flair, to HBK, to Undertaker...

I think that Kane will get a huge push in the fall so they can build it up and make it EPIC.

I only seeing this being the case due to their past history. Maybe Paul Bearer will come out with Kane too.

didn't Jacobs say he had no interest in Kane ending "The Streak?"

Johnny Vegas
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Maybe Jeff Jarrett can end the Undertaker's streak

RP
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree, it should be Rakishi.

Johnny Vegas
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Better yet, IRS

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 10:21 AM

but i rather choose john cena.. it a better way to make cena a heal.. besides! cena is victorious in wrestlemania since on his debut at WXX except W24.. i would love to see that match on W27 vs taker streak.. maybe they can do it a submission match.. since cena never quit! and no one in history that make undertkaer tap out!

undertaker vs john cena submission match (or vs goldberg undeafed and mania vs undefeated in single matches)

I think your keyboard's broken. No worries, I got what you said.

Cena is, I think, 5-1 at Wrestlemania and I'm sure he's submitted early enough in his career.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-28-2010, 10:54 AM
I feel like the best way to establish a mania threat against Taker, is have the guy who's gonna face him at mania, go over him, strong and clean a few months before and play off that big time.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Even later in his career, Cena tapped to the Ankle Lock on numerous occasions i'm pretty sure.

BillyBonez
05-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I would put Taker in a handicap matchagainst several of his past Mania opponents, and have them organize it as "We couldnt beat them alone so we will beat him together!"

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
While we're thinking of terrible ideas, maybe some famous celebrity could "piss off" Taker and they could have it out at Mania!

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
While we're thinking of terrible ideas, maybe some famous celebrity could "piss off" Taker and they could have it out at Mania!

I hear Simon Cowell has some free time.

Johnny Vegas
05-28-2010, 02:03 PM
http://www.mediaman.com.au/profiles/the_undertaker.jpg

v.

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/s/scotthall/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/074.jpg

Undertaker's Winning Streak versus Scott Hall's alcohol streak

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 02:21 PM

Hogan could end Taker's streak. I mean, I know it isn't 1994 or anything but...

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pboYDHRWbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pboYDHRWbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ultra Mantis
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Undertaker's Winning Streak versus Scott Hall's alcohol streak

Casket of Ale match :shifty:

I pretty much agree that not many people are a credible threat to ending the streak anymore. That said, with the Hall of Fame rumours about Goldberg there's always that incredibly slight chance they could throw that one at us next year. They would obviously need Goldberg to come back and squash the midcard during the build up so newer fans know who he is, which would do nothing for anybody in the long run.

I wouldn't like to see it personally, but both guys are famous for their streaks so it would make sense in theory. If I had to pick anyone I would say Jericho.

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Kevin Nash had a streak...

Ultra Mantis
05-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Kevin Nash had a streak...

Sid too...

Xero
05-28-2010, 03:20 PM
The great brown streak.

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Not gonna happen but since Mania is in Atlanta, Sting vs Taker would be amazing.

Johnny Vegas
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Would be pretty juicy if Goldberg was still in his prime with the undefeated streak and he went against the Undertaker at WrestleMania...would definitely be a money maker right there.

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I think that a triple threat situation would probably present the best suspense. With the right build and opponents, people might believe that Taker could lose without getting pinned. Maybe Jericho and Punk, or Jericho and Edge? HHH?

This is probably the best case scenario. Unless they can do HHH vs Taker, a Triple Threat for the World Title is the way to go. The triple threat makes it interesting since Taker can lose the match without being involved in the fall. I quite like this idea. They could do Taker/Punk/Swagger which would give Punk and Swagger a huge rub simply by wrestling Taker at Mania, but that might not be enough star power or much of a draw. Taker/Jericho/Punk or Taker/Jericho/Swagger would be better. Not sure how Jericho would end up on Smackdown again but the WWE could easily find a way. Then Taker can get one last championship reign and disappear for most of 2011 before returning for the final match of his career against Cena at WM 28.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
The more suggestions I hear people bounce off the wall, the more I horribly realize that they are probably doing Taker vs. Cena. God I hope not.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
The more suggestions I hear people bounce off the wall, the more I horribly realize that they are probably doing Taker vs. Cena. God I hope not.

don't worry, when Taker's streak goes, it will likely be to someone that's either a flash in the pan, or a flailing backstage favorite they are desperate to get over. Cena's too marketable to fall into either category.

Jakob Synn
05-28-2010, 08:57 PM
don't worry, when Taker's streak goes, it will likely be to someone that's either a flash in the pan, or a flailing backstage favorite they are desperate to get over. Cena's too marketable to fall into either category.

I don't know about if it will be a flash in the pan but will be someone who doesn't have the same longevity as the Undertaker did.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't know about if it will be a flash in the pan but will be someone who doesn't have the same longevity as the Undertaker did.

I doubt anybody these days couldpull the longevity of Taker.

Dante69
05-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Sting vs. Taker
WCW's franchise vs.WWE's franchise

bloodykisses420
05-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Old school fans should only have on answer....Ted Dibiase Jr. It would actually have a WWF/WWE angle end the way it should. Daddy and Ted could even bring back brother love and end the streak the only way it should that makes sense.

Swiss Ultimate
05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Old school fans should only have on answer....Ted Dibiase Jr. It would actually have a WWF/WWE angle end the way it should. Daddy and Ted could even bring back brother love and end the streak the only way it should that makes sense.

I'm not an oldschool fan. I don't get it.

Mr. Pierre
05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
If they wanna wait and make Cena the 20th win, I gotta go with Dale's idea. Have someone beat Taker very decisively (and everyone else) for months leading into Mania, and it really doesn't matter who it is if it's booked correctly. The marks will eat it up, and the smarks will know the result but look forward to match quality.

Swiss Ultimate
05-29-2010, 12:37 PM
If they wanna wait and make Cena the 20th win, I gotta go with Dale's idea. Have someone beat Taker very decisively (and everyone else) for months leading into Mania, and it really doesn't matter who it is if it's booked correctly. The marks will eat it up, and the smarks will know the result but look forward to match quality.

Michael Cole: This is not the same Dolph Zigler we have come to know, he's changed...it's like he's possessed!

Swiss Ultimate
05-29-2010, 12:38 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxO0tUnKXc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxO0tUnKXc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFKhmmE0wFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFKhmmE0wFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Swiss Ultimate
05-29-2010, 12:41 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-LEjEP2JGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-LEjEP2JGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Swiss Ultimate
05-29-2010, 12:43 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXwRuM_jmps&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXwRuM_jmps&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
05-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Think Michael Cole will call it the "first time John Cena has wrestled the Undertaker?"

blak23
05-30-2010, 12:39 AM

undertaker tapped out to kurt angle in the american bad ass heel era

blak23
05-30-2010, 12:44 AM
sheamus vs. undertaker book it

Mr. Nerfect
05-30-2010, 02:13 AM
**To clarify before I post, here are my thoughts on The Undertaker's streak:

It should end. I know some people don't want to see it touched, but I only understand that from a Taker mark's perspective. Professional wrestling is a business, and with Taker's recent matches at WrestleMania, it's gotten to the point where the streak means more than the World Title. That is not something that should just be...dropped. It makes no sense. The WWE gave Taker the streak, so he should give them a huge star back in return.**

That being said, I do agree that Taker can't really face anyone at WrestleMania anymore. It's a waste of a huge draw. On the current WWE roster, here are the guys that I think the WWE would consider putting up against Undertaker:

John Cena: Do not kid yourself. This match is money. The WWE knows this well enough. Cena doesn't need to be a heel, but he will get booed like crazy by even the women and children. It will be Cena stepping up for the ultimate challenge, and having no one believing in him but himself. This could eventually be the trigger for a heel turn, which will one day happen. Not tomorrow, but one day.

Cena makes a lot of money as a face, so right now turning him heel would only be a creative decision. The longer they hold off, the more epic the turn will be, however. We'll see how Linda goes in politics, and we'll see as new faces are built up as stars, but eventually Cena turning heel will happen, and I think that will be the catalyst into a new "Attitude era" for the WWE. The fall of The Undertaker could mark that. I think WrestleMania XXVIII is likely the place for that to be. Next year is too soon.

Ted DiBiase: This has been rumoured before, and so far the push of Teddy DiBiase has been legitimate. He's a good performer, but who would have seen the movie role coming? The history between his father and The Undertaker could make an interesting point of discussion in the feud, too. I personally think that next year is too soon, but whatever.

Sheamus: He is loved by people that matter. It just comes down to how much Taker loves him, I guess. Sheamus is on a tear, is always well protected, and could just start attacking The Undertaker to set up the feud. It won't be the Feud of the Year, but it's easy to write, and it gives The Undertaker something of a break. People won't be expecting the greatest match of all-time at WrestleMania from him for once.

Jack Swagger: This is rumoured to be a SummerSlam match, but I could see these two facing off at WrestleMania, too. It all depends on how much Taker likes working with Swagger, I guess (since he is a new guy). Swagger claiming to also have a streak going against The Undertaker (1-0) would be absolutely hilarious (perhaps something a Taker feud should not be), but the match would absolutely deliver. Swagger would be great in the role of the guy who actually beats Taker heading into their WrestleMania match, so that the streak actually seems threatened by "The Natural Winner."

Sting: It all depends whether or not he wants to do something with the WWE. This doesn't need much explanation. It's a dream match, pure and simple.

So with those out of the way, I will say that the only guy I can legitimately see ending the streak, is John Cena. And I don't think that is a completely loathesome thing. And I am not one to really support the push of Cena. But he basically is the company in some respects, and while it isn't needed, Cena ending the streak would give him a legitimate claim to be the greatest of all-time. He'd have spent over one thousand days as WWE Champion, he'd have probably won World Titles into the double-digits (Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Triple H and Edge are probably the only other guys who will be up there) and he'd have some more "classic matches" under his belt. But him breaking the streak would confirm him as "The Icon."

The only other people I could see doing it, are Chris Jericho (in a swerve, since no one would take him seriously heading into it) and CM Punk. Jericho achieving it would be tremendous for his heel character. It'd give him some more bragging rights, and would set him up as the heel of the company. I'm not sure if Jericho would even want to break the streak, though. It's a lot of pressure, and I think he likes working with the younger guys. But I didn't call Jericho walking out of this year's WrestleMania with a World Title, either.

CM Punk doing it would be a heat machine. I'd mark out for that very reason alone. I know a lot of people would hate this idea, but I think it would work. The Undertaker goes into WrestleMania next year involved in the World Heavyweight Title program. Let's say that Jack Swagger is still the champion. That way we have this epic "Jack Swagger's Streak as Champion vs. The Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak." Something has to give here. Swagger loses the World Title in what would hopefully be a classic, giving him his fourth World Heavyweight Title reign, and eighth career World Title. Cue three-time Money in the Bank Ladder Match Winner, CM Punk making his entrance. The crowd would be pissed instantly. Punk has a huge grin on his face, and The Undertaker actually has an expression that knows he is fucked. Cue Taker trying to put up a fight, but Punk wearing him down and eventually getting the win and his fourth World Heavyweight Title, and sixth career World Title if you count ROH and ECW (some people do).

The crowd would be pissed. I could just imagine Matt Striker on commentary talking about the significance of this event in WWE history. People would be pissed, but that is sort of the point. Punk fucked Taker's streak in the ass. You have Punk open the show on SmackDown!, coming out as the fans would hopefully be out for his blood. Punk cuts a promo saying that this is now his yard, and he's the greatest in the history of this sport -- and goes on to list his records. He says his greatest accomplishment is defeating The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania, and becoming "The New Phenom" of the WWE. Cue The Undertaker's gong, and out comes The Dead Man. "You think because you defeated me at WrestleMania, this is over? Punk...now I'm just pissed off." Punk's facial expressions at that point would be a timeless moment. But from there, you do CM Punk vs. The Undertaker vs. Jack Swagger at the following PPV. That would be an interesting match, I am sure. But essentially you build to a Buried Alive Match between Punk and The Undertaker, or something, where Punk buries The Undertaker (perhaps with heel assist), setting up a new era in the WWE.

Swiss Ultimate
05-30-2010, 03:57 AM
I agree with one thing in particular. Undertaker losing at Wrestlemania after winning a 30 minute world title match to the Money in the Bank winner.

Better yet, if the Money in the Bank PPV replaces the annual Wrestlemania match, you get the greatest heel-fuck of all time. Someone who may not even be scheduled to wrestle at Wrestlemania who won the match in July!

Let's say CM Punk wins it for shits and grins. Gets "injured" the next week and is gone from television for an undetermined amount of time. Then, Undertaker...after winning a grueling gimmick match "No DQ/Streetfight" against someone like Sheamus or Swagger (it'd be even better if it was a Triple Threat Street Fight), Taker is in the ring bleeding just a dab and nearly completely spent and Punk's music hits.

One 15 minute match later with outside interference, a ref bump, foreign object and feet on the rope, a second ref bump leading to Vince sliding in the ring to make the count and Taker kicking out of 3-4 finishers only to have CM Punk walk out the new Champ after an epic battle.

Mr. Nerfect
05-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Awesome. I know the streak is somewhat sacred, but doing this makes The Undertaker look like a fucking beast. It also makes the heel look like a fucking ambitious cunt-wipe, which is perfect for a heel. If they keep the mask on him, too, they can have CM Punk continue to grow his hair, and then unmask after he wins the match, too. Seeing CM Punk's evil grin and a regrown head of hair after just ending The Undertaker's streak and winning his fourth World Heavyweight Title would be tremendous.

I also like the idea, because it adds a human quality to The Undertaker. After so many years of hard work and dominance, the rug is pulled from him. It's not often that you get to feel genuinely sorry for the Dead Man. It could actually serve as a way to evolve the character and give him that build to retirement. I'm not saying ditch the stylised stuff completely -- but you can move the character into more three-dimensional areas with a loss like that. His feud with Punk could become about respect, with Punk gloating that he took away The Undertaker's addiction -- his mystique and his streak -- and now he's a junkie without the crack.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
**To clarify before I post, here are my thoughts on The Undertaker's streak:

It should end. I know some people don't want to see it touched, but I only understand that from a Taker mark's perspective. Professional wrestling is a business, and with Taker's recent matches at WrestleMania, it's gotten to the point where the streak means more than the World Title. That is not something that should just be...dropped. It makes no sense. The WWE gave Taker the streak, so he should give them a huge star back in return.**

That being said, I do agree that Taker can't really face anyone at WrestleMania anymore. It's a waste of a huge draw. On the current WWE roster, here are the guys that I think the WWE would consider putting up against Undertaker:

John Cena: Do not kid yourself. This match is money. The WWE knows this well enough. Cena doesn't need to be a heel, but he will get booed like crazy by even the women and children. It will be Cena stepping up for the ultimate challenge, and having no one believing in him but himself. This could eventually be the trigger for a heel turn, which will one day happen. Not tomorrow, but one day.

Cena makes a lot of money as a face, so right now turning him heel would only be a creative decision. The longer they hold off, the more epic the turn will be, however. We'll see how Linda goes in politics, and we'll see as new faces are built up as stars, but eventually Cena turning heel will happen, and I think that will be the catalyst into a new "Attitude era" for the WWE. The fall of The Undertaker could mark that. I think WrestleMania XXVIII is likely the place for that to be. Next year is too soon.

Ted DiBiase: This has been rumoured before, and so far the push of Teddy DiBiase has been legitimate. He's a good performer, but who would have seen the movie role coming? The history between his father and The Undertaker could make an interesting point of discussion in the feud, too. I personally think that next year is too soon, but whatever.

Sheamus: He is loved by people that matter. It just comes down to how much Taker loves him, I guess. Sheamus is on a tear, is always well protected, and could just start attacking The Undertaker to set up the feud. It won't be the Feud of the Year, but it's easy to write, and it gives The Undertaker something of a break. People won't be expecting the greatest match of all-time at WrestleMania from him for once.

Jack Swagger: This is rumoured to be a SummerSlam match, but I could see these two facing off at WrestleMania, too. It all depends on how much Taker likes working with Swagger, I guess (since he is a new guy). Swagger claiming to also have a streak going against The Undertaker (1-0) would be absolutely hilarious (perhaps something a Taker feud should not be), but the match would absolutely deliver. Swagger would be great in the role of the guy who actually beats Taker heading into their WrestleMania match, so that the streak actually seems threatened by "The Natural Winner."

Sting: It all depends whether or not he wants to do something with the WWE. This doesn't need much explanation. It's a dream match, pure and simple.

So with those out of the way, I will say that the only guy I can legitimately see ending the streak, is John Cena. And I don't think that is a completely loathesome thing. And I am not one to really support the push of Cena. But he basically is the company in some respects, and while it isn't needed, Cena ending the streak would give him a legitimate claim to be the greatest of all-time. He'd have spent over one thousand days as WWE Champion, he'd have probably won World Titles into the double-digits (Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Triple H and Edge are probably the only other guys who will be up there) and he'd have some more "classic matches" under his belt. But him breaking the streak would confirm him as "The Icon."

The only other people I could see doing it, are Chris Jericho (in a swerve, since no one would take him seriously heading into it) and CM Punk. Jericho achieving it would be tremendous for his heel character. It'd give him some more bragging rights, and would set him up as the heel of the company. I'm not sure if Jericho would even want to break the streak, though. It's a lot of pressure, and I think he likes working with the younger guys. But I didn't call Jericho walking out of this year's WrestleMania with a World Title, either.

CM Punk doing it would be a heat machine. I'd mark out for that very reason alone. I know a lot of people would hate this idea, but I think it would work. The Undertaker goes into WrestleMania next year involved in the World Heavyweight Title program. Let's say that Jack Swagger is still the champion. That way we have this epic "Jack Swagger's Streak as Champion vs. The Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak." Something has to give here. Swagger loses the World Title in what would hopefully be a classic, giving him his fourth World Heavyweight Title reign, and eighth career World Title. Cue three-time Money in the Bank Ladder Match Winner, CM Punk making his entrance. The crowd would be pissed instantly. Punk has a huge grin on his face, and The Undertaker actually has an expression that knows he is fucked. Cue Taker trying to put up a fight, but Punk wearing him down and eventually getting the win and his fourth World Heavyweight Title, and sixth career World Title if you count ROH and ECW (some people do).

The crowd would be pissed. I could just imagine Matt Striker on commentary talking about the significance of this event in WWE history. People would be pissed, but that is sort of the point. Punk fucked Taker's streak in the ass. You have Punk open the show on SmackDown!, coming out as the fans would hopefully be out for his blood. Punk cuts a promo saying that this is now his yard, and he's the greatest in the history of this sport -- and goes on to list his records. He says his greatest accomplishment is defeating The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania, and becoming "The New Phenom" of the WWE. Cue The Undertaker's gong, and out comes The Dead Man. "You think because you defeated me at WrestleMania, this is over? Punk...now I'm just pissed off." Punk's facial expressions at that point would be a timeless moment. But from there, you do CM Punk vs. The Undertaker vs. Jack Swagger at the following PPV. That would be an interesting match, I am sure. But essentially you build to a Buried Alive Match between Punk and The Undertaker, or something, where Punk buries The Undertaker (perhaps with heel assist), setting up a new era in the WWE.

Let's send this to WWE's creative team.