PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 most wasted talent of the "New Generation"

Next Big Thing
05-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Let's say within the past five to seven years. It can be guys that creative screwed up with or were too damn lazy for their own good.

1. Shelton Benjamin
2. Mr. Anderson
3. MVP
4. Evan Bourne
5. Kenny Dykstra

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Shelton, Carlito, Kennedy, MVP, Maven

Hanso Amore
05-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Technically the "New Generation" was 93ish to 97

Nicky Fives
05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
1. Nathan Jones
2. Mr. Kennedy..... Kennedy
3. Carlito
4. Kenny Dykstra
5. Shelton Benjamin

Wishbone
05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Kennedy/Anderson
Carlito
Shelton
MVP
Bourne
John Morrison

Ultra Mantis
05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin

Jordan
05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Mohammad Hassan

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Mohammad Hassan

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Definitely in the top 5.

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 05:15 PM
AYELELYLELALALYLEEEEEEEELYELALYEEEEEE

Corporate CockSnogger
05-28-2010, 05:16 PM
John Cena
Batista
Randy Orton
Hornswoggle
ECW Zombie

Loose Cannon
05-28-2010, 05:17 PM
1) MUHAMMAD HASSAN :mad:

BollywoodSingh
05-28-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't know about a top 5 but I'm just going to give my thoughts on various wrestlers that were wasted.

-Basham Brothers - these guys were really solid in the ring and never had a bad match. They didn't make it because they had a boring gimmick and I don't remember them ever speaking. I heard Doug Basham was pretty good on the mic.

-Muhammad Hassan - Am I wrong or was it just UPN (or whatever network SD was on at the time) that wanted WWE to get rid of the character? If so, couldn't they have just moved him to Raw?

-Shelton Benjamin - Had so much momentum in 2004 and everyone was predicting he'd be a future main eventer. They put the IC title on him in late 2004 and had pretty long reign but didn't have any notable feuds which totally killed any momentum he had.

-Matt Morgan - he's pretty good in TNA. Although he was a lot bigger in WWE, so I doubt he was as strong in the ring as he is now.

-Elijah Burke - he has everything you want in a wrestler and there are not many guys in WWE today that are as comfortable as he is on the mic and in backstage segments.

What was so special about Dykstra? I remember being bored by him. I bet there are 100s of guys like him in the Indys.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Zach Gowen

Jeritron
05-28-2010, 06:52 PM
I think sometimes inability to get over is construed as "wasted talent"

Nark Order
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Rene Dupree

Jeritron
05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Everybody who never won a world title had their talent wasted

DAMN iNATOR
05-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Shelton
Carlito
Hassan
Morgan
Nathan Jones

ImAnIdiot
05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
John Cena... Oh you said wasted talent not wasted title reign time my bad

Jakob Synn
05-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I

-Muhammad Hassan - Am I wrong or was it just UPN (or whatever network SD was on at the time) that wanted WWE to get rid of the character? If so, couldn't they have just moved him to Raw?

Yeah, I think it was UPN that had a problem with him. I believe both UPN and the WWE were getting death threats and that's why they released him, though I could be wrong.

Next Big Thing
05-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I think it was UPN that had a problem with him. I believe both UPN and the WWE were getting death threats and that's why they released him, though I could be wrong.

UPN had Moesha and the Parkers. If they could put that shit on and go to sleep at night, they had no business worrying about Hassan.

Aguakate
05-28-2010, 07:27 PM
...I'm gonna go crazy and say MVP.

...he could be today's Booker T if WWE wanted to...but I guess they don't.

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Regarding Hassan, I believe Smackdown had a controversial segment between Hassan and Taker on the day of the London 7/7 bombings.

Aguakate
05-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Regarding Hassan, I believe Smackdown had a controversial segment between Hassan and Taker on the day of the London 7/7 bombings.

That's not HIS fault...I mean...if writers tell him to do something...and he does...and it gets criticism...then it's not HIS fault.

Jakob Synn
05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
That's not HIS fault...I mean...if writers tell him to do something...and he does...and it gets criticism...then it's not HIS fault.

Yeah, but remember when CM Punk was champ and he rubbed Taker the wrong way in England, they took the title off him.

It's more than just creative coming up with something for you and you doing what they say.

Aguakate
05-28-2010, 07:37 PM
...man...and I dont think there's any way they could bring him back, except with a mask...

...that angle sabotaged his whole career...talk about mistakes.

Jakob Synn
05-28-2010, 07:44 PM
...man...and I dont think there's any way they could bring him back, except with a mask...

...that angle sabotaged his whole career...talk about mistakes.

The angle did really fuck his career over, but that's just the way it goes. I mean remember Shiek and Slaughter back in the day. They got massive heat, but it never was the same as Hussan got just because of the times.

I think if they kept him out of the limelight for a while then had him comeback with a different gimmick he would probably still be wrestling right now for the WWE.

Aguakate
05-28-2010, 07:47 PM
The angle did really fuck his career over, but that's just the way it goes. I mean remember Shiek and Slaughter back in the day. They got massive heat, but it never was the same as Hussan got just because of the times.

I think if they kept him out of the limelight for a while then had him comeback with a different gimmick he would probably still be wrestling right now for the WWE.

Pfft the Arab Community would be ON HIM and on WWE as soon as he showed up. They'de be like "How can WWE bring back a guy that blah blah blah..."

DAMN iNATOR
05-28-2010, 07:49 PM

Yeah I completely forgot about that. Obviously as others have already said, 7/7 wasn't Hassan's fault, it was just unfortunate timing combined with his gimmick that made that already volatile mix of combustible elements finally explode.

Aguakate
05-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah I completely forgot about that. Obviously as others have already said, 7/7 wasn't Hassan's fault, it was just unfortunate timing combined with his gimmick that made that already volatile mix of combustible elements finally explode.

I still find it highly unfair that they would fire HIM and not whoever came up with the idea...I mean...It's "the easy way out", I guess.

Jakob Synn
05-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I still find it highly unfair that they would fire HIM and not whoever came up with the idea...I mean...It's "the easy way out", I guess.

Getting death threats will do that to you.

The Franchise
05-28-2010, 08:11 PM
It was some really bad fucking timing. It might have been too risky to even have him re-debut as someone else. Other than the Benoit tragedy, I can't think of anything worse in terms of publicity for the WWE than the whole Muhammad Hassan controversy during the 7/7 London bombings. Maybe the 90s steroid stuff. Wasn't the segment Hassan putting Taker in a camel clutch with a bunch of guys in ski masks surrounding them? Basically mimicking a beheading...

Executioner
05-28-2010, 08:29 PM

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/inuyashaboy05/Random%20Stuff/iseewutudidthere.jpg

jskinnyg
05-28-2010, 08:31 PM
:y:AYELELYLELALALYLEEEEEEEELYELALYEEEEEE

Plus Anderson, Carlito, Shelton & Maybe Hass...

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 09:56 PM
]ic wot u did thar

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Pro wrestling is so notorious for being fair, too.,

Mooияakeя™
05-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Elijah Burke.

...oh and Gangrel.... Just for the fuckin entrance.

bloodykisses420
05-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Hassan
Kennedy
christian
kane
shelton

teamXtremist
05-29-2010, 04:21 AM
shelton benjamin
matt hardy
shane helms
rob conway
mark henry

NoRoolz
05-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Wasted Talent should be a title reserved for those who truly are so fucked there's no coming back from it, half of the guys being mentioned have still got years and years left in them. What's to say they won't still achieve great things?

RiX1024
05-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Hassan
Benjamin
Haas
London
Kendrick

Rammsteinmad
05-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Christian
Shelton Benjamin
Charlie Haas
Carlito
Matt Hardy

I'm not gonna go with people like MVP or Elijah Burke, something about them kinda rubs off that they could still one day 'make it'. MVP is incredibly over, but sadly so is Christian who's been in a rut since returning to WWE, but there's something about MVP that gives me hope that one day he'll be pushed properly.

Christian, as much as I love him, is a lost cause.

dablackguy
05-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm looking at wasted talent as guys that aren't as big as they could have been for whatever reason:

Hassan - see what everyone else has said. Really got a rough deal

Shelton - But as we know, WWE buries their athletic types for much less athletic big men

Elijah Burke - lost a job before Mike Knox and a whole lot less deserving types

Supreme Olajuwon
05-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I think sometimes inability to get over is construed as "wasted talent"

Precisely. Shelton Benjamin was not wasted talent. He was an incredible athlete that lacked the other skills to be a star. Certain guys just aren't meant to main event, that's why I wouldn't put guys like Jamie Noble or Jimmy Wang Yang on my list even though their wrestling ability was far greater than the amount of exposure they received.

But as for truly wasted talents, how about Jeff Hardy? Yeah he's had a great career, but he could be legendary if he didn't freak out every time he got the ball and run and hide.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't feel that Jeff Hardy is main event material either, atleast not in the Heavyweight category that WWE has set up. I mean, he lived in a double wide before it burned down!

They guy is a great cruiserweight man and would be awesome to return to WWE and revive the cruiserweight title & division.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Good advice. I will try harder. Because if anybody knows about trying too hard, it's HBPunk.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
But as I was saying, Hardy's had a great career, but it could've been so much greater. As HBPunk has correctly stated, Hardy has an incredible list of accomplishments. But what is missing (and this is what HBPunk failed to understand) is sustainability. He gets to the top, but then immediately jumps off. He's been a 3 time world champion with a combined reign of 70 days. Certainly not legendary.

Jeritron
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
very balanced argument here

Supreme Olajuwon
05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Can I ask you an honest question? Not trying to fight with you. What do you get out of coming to TPWW? By that I mean what do you like about this place that keeps you coming back for more? For example many people come here because they like the people here and they've become friends, or they like the discussions and ideas thrown around. But I can't seem to figure out what makes you keep coming back.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Right, we're all losers. That's fine. But losers or not, people come back to this site because they enjoy it and it's worth their time to interact with other posters. I find it hard to believe that someone who has made no friends on here and doesn't want to would want to continue to come back to this place. So why do you keep coming back?

Jeritron
05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
and post your thoughts about it, for other people to read

teamXtremist
05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
i tend to agree with olajuwon jeff hardy could of been an all time great

he had all the momentum going before he left.he got epic pops and was in an all time feud with cmpunk.But does he resign and get hbk treatment with no house shows and 750k no he leaves for good gets pooped for pills and takes off to tna where he jobs to a sack of quarters sad really

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
i read the main page for news, then if im bored outta my mind/stoned and chilling out ill come in here and chat, if someone is a retard thats not my fault. The fact that some of you are actually friends is very very sad though. I use skype a bit if mates/gf are away and its the most annoying way possible to keep in touch, the fact that you guys meet like this and become friends is so lame. i feel sorry for you guys because its a sad way to live but then again if you are truly happy doing that then fuck it, whatever floats your boat

HBPunk is the guy who trolls other peoples posts and degrades their ideas because he's dissatisfied with his life.

In general, he's a cyber bully who needs to grow up and actually stick to the facts instead of ruining everyones parade, and no, not a gay pride parade.

I suggest if he is still to discuss wrestling, then he tries doing that, and just that.

MoFo
05-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Goldberg

Supreme Olajuwon
05-30-2010, 01:38 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED ASWEL?? I just said i come here to read the news page!! If im bored/stoned etc.. i JUST answered this!
Yes, but that doesn't require you to post here. You could read the news and then go on your merry way. But you don't. You post here. 1,500 times. Why? What do you get out of posting here that you wouldn't get from just reading the news?

tjmidnight420
05-30-2010, 05:52 PM
The same thing as TAEF: People feed him.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Are you insinuating that Mr. Punk comes here looking to annoy people on the internet? Because surely he has something better to do with his time than put hours and hours into trolling a message board on the internet. No that can't be it. There must be another reason...

tjmidnight420
05-30-2010, 06:53 PM
He secretly likes the boards just like everyone else... he just doesn't want to admit it because it'll make him less cool. :shifty:

Supreme Olajuwon
05-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Could that be true? As the great Bill Hicks once said, when you start talking things out, they start to make a lot more sense.

Johnny McNasty
06-01-2010, 03:31 AM
MCMG have been horribly mishandled by TNA for a long time now.

Skippord
06-01-2010, 05:16 AM
I do masturbate while posting in my lil freak kliq. Well played HBPunk