PDA

View Full Version : Money/Dream Matches that can still happen

BollywoodSingh
05-29-2010, 02:41 PM
What money or dream matches that haven't happenned before (may have had a meaningless match together but no proper feud) can still occur with active wrestlers or wrestlers that may be persuaded to do one-match deal?

This could include two guys working for separate promotions with the hope that one guy would leave his current company.

Sting vs. Undertaker and Sting vs. Triple H - All signs are pointing to Sting being done with wrestling after his TNA run. I doubt he comes to WWE but it could happen. Either of these matches would be cool because they are few top guys that were active in the 1990s.

Goldberg vs. Undertaker - if Goldberg can be convinced to one more match, a program with Undertaker would be huge.

Rey Mysterio vs. AJ Styles - I used to think Styles was nothing special back in 2002, just around Kidman-level, but he was improved greatly over the years. Rey is a shell of his former self but can still deliver. As good as Rey is in the ring now, he was way way way better about 12 years ago. Still, this would be an awesome match.

Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk

Triple H vs. CM Punk

CM Punk vs. Jericho - I don't think they have feuded, but have they even faced each other one-on-one? I can't remember.

Styles vs. Jericho

Schlomey
05-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Heel vs Heel - WHC program
Jericho vs CM Punk
Could you imagine the promos & mic time? MONEY.

Heel vs Face
John Cena vs CM Punk
Punk's "better than you" attitude vs Mr. Company Man could be pretty great.

Triple H vs Undertaker - Wrestlemania 27
H trying to finish what Shawn (his BFF) couldn't
I would love to see a heel Undertaker again so this could be the best platform. So many angles they could work.

Jeritron
05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
You just put heel vs heel and money in the same sentence

The Pope
05-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe vs Daniel Bryan

KIRA
05-29-2010, 03:12 PM
CM Punk vs Bryan Danielson :drool:

Sting Vs The Undertaker

BollywoodSingh
05-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Ah yes, Cena vs. Punk is another good one. The promos would be awesome.

XCaliber
05-29-2010, 03:40 PM
The Rock vs Randy Orton

Wishbone
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Bryan Danielson vs CM Punk and Cena vs CM Punk would both be awesome and even thow it has been done before I'd like to see Jericho vs Orton again but with heel Jericho and tweener Orton

Nicky Fives
05-29-2010, 04:24 PM
The Rock vs Randy Orton

The one I really want to see and the best one I could have thought up.... but beaten to the punch.....

El Fangel
05-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Austin vs Hogan

MoFo
05-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Cena v Hogan

Danielson v Wolfe

Jericho v AJ Styles

Anderson v Miz (promo wise)

El Fangel
05-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Cena v Hogan

I would LOVE to see how this would play out.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 04:46 PM
WORLD WAR 3 - FULL OF WWE'S PAST & PRESENT TOP DRAWERS.

TRIPLE CAGE - FULL OF WWE'S PAST & CURRENT TOP DRAWERS.

El Fangel
05-29-2010, 04:48 PM
WORLD WAR 3 - FULL OF WWE'S PAST & PRESENT TOP DRAWERS.

TRIPLE CAGE - FULL OF WWE'S PAST & CURRENT TOP DRAWERS.

http://donation2decor.com/drawers/Images/DrawerStack.jpg

El Tigre
05-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Theirs already so many good choices being made here. For me personally, I would love too see:

L.A.X. Vs. Harlem Heat

Amazing Red Vs. Evan Bourne

Ermaximus
05-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Miz vs Danielson
Punk vs Danielson
Jericho vs Danielson
Punk vs Jericho
Christian vs Jericho vs Edge
Bourne vs Kofi
Sheamus vs Swagger
Morrison vs HBK
Angle vs Punk
Miz vs Pope
Kennedy vs Orton

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Angle vs Cena

Angle vs Jericho

Angle vs Rey Mysterio

Sheamus vs Conan O'Brien

Orton vs Steve Austin

The Rock vs Orton

The Rock vs Cena

Jericho vs Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy vs Jericho

Adam Evans vs Evan Bourne

Adam Evans vs Cody Rhodes

Elijah Burke vs The Pope

Kane vs Undertaker - let Kane actually put up a challenge, not be a jobber

Big Show vs Mark Henry - Hardcore Street Fight

Undertaker vs Goldberg

Goldberg vs Cena

Evan Bourne vs Chavo - Let Chavo actually play it out, not be a jobber

Rodman vs Karl Malone

Shaq vs Howard

Xpac vs Edge

Billy Gunn vs Edge

JBL vs Sheamus

Orton vs HHH

Ermaximus
05-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Angle vs Cena

Angle vs Jericho

Angle vs Rey Mysterio

Sheamus vs Conan O'Brien

Orton vs Steve Austin

The Rock vs Orton

The Rock vs Cena

Jericho vs Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy vs Jericho

Adam Evans vs Evan Bourne

Adam Evans vs Cody Rhodes

Elijah Burke vs The Pope

Kane vs Undertaker - let Kane actually put up a challenge, not be a jobber

Big Show vs Mark Henry - Hardcore Street Fight

Undertaker vs Goldberg

Goldberg vs Cena

Evan Bourne vs Chavo - Let Chavo actually play it out, not be a jobber

Rodman vs Karl Malone

Shaq vs Howard

Xpac vs Edge

Billy Gunn vs Edge

JBL vs Sheamus

Orton vs HHH

Glad you took this seriously TAEF. :y:

Gerard
05-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Hogan vs Arthritis. (ongoing battle)

OWEN ULLRICH
05-29-2010, 07:28 PM

:y:

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Glad you took this seriously TAEF. :y:

It's in my best interest to take these topics seriously or else I'm afraid that I will turnout like HBPunk.

Therefore, I'm all serious from here on out!

Next Big Thing
05-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I would LOVE to see how this would play out.

It plays out with Hogan going over after a vicious leg drop. Hogan wouldn't even consider the match if he couldn't win clean.

Next Big Thing
05-29-2010, 08:00 PM

I take it he's already jobbed to male pattern baldness then?

Gerard
05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I take it he's already jobbed to male pattern baldness then?

Tapped out to that long ago. :lol: That being said the bandana got quite a strong push after that.

Ermaximus
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Tapped out to that long ago. :lol: That being said the bandana got quite a strong push after that.

Hogan's bandana and Mike Knox's beard would form a very powerful tag team.

Jordan
05-29-2010, 09:43 PM
John Cena vs The Undertaker
This is a match that could easily headline next years Wrestlemania, as Cena is a great challenger to the streak because as we all know Cena always wins. This match could also be the heel turn Cena critics are waiting for.

John Cena vs Randy Orton
It's been overdone, but its still the biggest match they've got. To make it more interesting it could be a heel Cena vs an anti hero Orton.

The Undertaker vs Sting
Not all that likely but nobody thought Bret would come back, much less to face Vince. If it happens that would be amazing but I really doubt it.

The Undertaker vs Triple H
They have had a Wrestlemania classic at 17, it is time for another go.

CM Punk vs Triple H
This could be fantastic if pulled off in an edgy way.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 09:53 PM
SINCE WCW IS GOING TO BE HEADLINED NEXT WRESTLEMANIA.. STING VS GOLDBERG

The Pope
05-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Randy Orton vs The Rock

Christopher Daniels vs Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe vs Desmond Wolfe

The Pope vs Jeff Hardy

tjmidnight420
05-29-2010, 11:33 PM
It's in my best interest to take these topics seriously or else I'm afraid that I will turnout like HBPunk.

Therefore, I'm all serious from here on out!

You forgot one key detail: a few people here actually like Punk...

TheAdamEvansFan
05-29-2010, 11:36 PM
You forgot one key detail: a few people here actually like Punk...

That's like saying Dr. Perfect actually talks about wrestling on here... Your funny TJ! You made my night!

The Pope
05-29-2010, 11:39 PM
That wasn't a wrestling post dipshit.

tjmidnight420
05-29-2010, 11:41 PM
That's like saying Dr. Perfect actually talks about wrestling on here... Your funny TJ! You made my night!

Actually, Dr. Perfect does talk wrestling here, and Punk really has a few friends... I actually prefer him to you, and everyone here knows we didn't exactly get along for the longest time... dipshit.

The Pope
05-30-2010, 12:02 AM
The Pope vs The Rock

Stone Cold vs Sandman

RVD vs CM Punk

Mr. Nerfect
05-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Kurt Angle vs. Jack Swagger
This feud pretty much writes itself. It would not only be tremendous in the ring, but the promo work has the potential to be hilarious. It would be a feud that came down to who is the best wrestler, plain and simple.

Kurt Angle vs. Bryan Danielson
This one speaks for itself. It would just be an amazing match.

Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk
This could be one of the most memorable feuds of all-time, if done right. It would be risky, but the promos Punk could cut on Angle and his history of abuse would be tremendous. Punk talking about how Kurt Angle went from being an American hero, to needing pain-killers to keep himself together. He could bring up steroids, and how Angle is no longer the man who won the gold medal -- but a machine fuelled by chemicals. Punk could even bring up Angle's family, and how he's lost his connection to them because of his addictive personality. A segment where Punk shaved Karen Angle bald after she took the Straight-Edge Pledge would be tremendous. People would want to see Kurt Angle KILL CM Punk, and Angle's got the intensity to pull off the character he'd need to be for the feud to work and make people want to buy the match.

For some reason, I envision the match ending when Angle gets the Ankle Lock on Punk, but Punk taps out right away, and Angle holds the lock in, screaming that he wants it to keep going, but the referee pulls Angle off as Punk scampers away. Cue a promo from Punk saying that he is not going to let Angle get his ankle because he needs it to keep winning World Championships. And he's not about to let Angle will not justify his addictions by getting the release he needs by breaking his ankle. He wants Angle to stop wrestling, and think about what he has done to his personal life.

Think of the matches that could come from it: Pinfall Only (playing up Angle not wanting Punk to have an easy way out of the Ankle Lock), Steel Cage where if Angle loses he's out of the WWE (the same situation that Jeff Hardy faced) and perhaps even a match for Angle's medals (with Punk claiming he doesn't deserve them). I definitely think it could be Feud of the Year if it ever happens.

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho
Have these two had a proper feud since they were "made?" I really can't think of one. With the two at the top of their games, this would be a dream match. There are so many dynamics they could play off, but a simple "Best in the World" concept would be great. Jericho could be brilliant in this feud. "You're afraid of me, Kurt. You always have been."

Reid Flair vs. Richie Steamboat
This is a bit of a weird one, as I don't know what sort of worker Reid Flair is going to turn out to be, and while Richie is apparently good, I haven't seen his work -- the concept of Ric Flair managing his son to go against Ricky Steamboat's, with The Dragon also in his son's corner is a tremendous concept to me.

The Miz vs. The Rock
I'm not sure how realistic this one is, but I think it would work out quite tremendously. The Miz could call The Rock out on pretty much what a lot of people feel (wrongly, in my opinion) -- that The Rock turned his back on the industry. The Miz could really score respect points by saying that he left the world of publicists, red carpets and television to be a WWE Superstar -- and not vice versa. The promo work would be great, and I could actually see them clicking as opponents in the ring.

The Undertaker vs. Sting
Just to jump on the bandwagon. People really want to see this match for whatever reason. They REALLY want to see it. It's probably one of the definitive dream matches the WWE could do. One thing I find really interesting about the idea of the match, is just how much pressure The Undertaker and Sting would have on them to deliver. They would both feel it, and it'd be intriguing to see just how they meet people's expectations and try to exceed them. I think that is how could can assure yourself that these two men are amongst the greatest performers in the history of the sport.

The Undertaker vs. John Cena
This is perhaps the biggest match the WWE can offer without someone from TNA. And I think they know this, and we will get it at WrestleMania either next year or the following one. In a perfect world, next year we get Taker vs. Sting with Taker going 19-0. And then we get the big 20-0/19-1 feud with John Cena for WrestleMania XXVIII in Toronto. And then out comes the DVD of The Undertaker's, featuring all his WrestleMania matches with bonus commentaries from John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Randy Orton, Kane, Triple H and whoever else they can get to lend a voice.

AJ Styles vs. Rey Mysterio
They both have that vibe to them -- the little man who is more than the sum of his parts, somehow. These two rose above being small men, and became perpetuating main eventers. That is something that I don't think can be taken away from either man, regardless of how you feel about them. In the ring, both can deliver, and I feel that they could put on not just one, but a series of matches that could earn the label "classic." I'm just thinking of the spots they could do. Rey Mysterio going for the West Coast Pop, only for Styles to flow it into a version of the Styles Clash is the first thought that comes to my mind.

Rob Van Dam vs. CM Punk
It writes itself. This is not so much a dream match as a dream feud. I'd love to see the development in it. Imagine if Jeff Hardy got involved, teamed with RVD, and they played up the history Joey Mercury and Jeff Hardy had in OMEGA for a tag team match?

There are probably others, but I'll get to them another time.

Krimzon7
05-30-2010, 02:17 AM
Elijah Burke v CM Punk - I Was looking forward to this soo much in ECW
ME level JoMo v CM Punk
Elijah Burke v Kofi: This is GOLD
Heel Cena vs the ME Scene
This Orton v HHH

FourFifty
05-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Heel vs Heel - WHC program
Jericho vs CM Punk
Could you imagine the promos & mic time? MONEY.

Good idea, but heel vs heel rarely works.

DrCrawford
05-30-2010, 03:47 AM
hbk vs the rock

angle vs jericho

angle vs swagger

austin vs orton

goldberg vs austin

Y2Ant
05-30-2010, 09:42 AM
CM Punk vs. Jericho - I don't think they have feuded, but have they even faced each other one-on-one? I can't remember.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKCakk-95xE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2010, 07:58 AM

I can't believe I forgot that one. Imagine the current "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero against Punk? That would be absolutely chilling stuff. Having Matt Striker on commentary would be tremendous, too, because he could put over their history in The New Breed.

If the WWE ever re-signs Elijah Burke, they must do this.

Next Big Thing
06-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I would love to see heel Booker T v. R Truth.

I'm not sure what kind of build up there would be, but I believe a match between Punk and Kofi would be great as well.

Finally, if Shad gets built up like a unstoppable monster, I would be interested in a program between him and Taker.

MoFo
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM

It was horrible.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LXiM7EJ2SzQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LXiM7EJ2SzQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

XCaliber
06-01-2010, 04:10 PM
The one I really want to see and the best one I could have thought up.... but beaten to the punch.....

Heh sorry about that dude just outta curiousty if it were up to you who would you book to win?