PDA

View Full Version : Wild(er) and Young(er) or NXT 2: Electric Boogaloo

Innovator
06-01-2010, 03:53 PM
According to PWInsider.com, season two of NXT will start next week with the rookies to appear tonight.

LOOWWWWWW KI

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/GFbXS4Eifu0&hl=en_US&fs=1& width=480 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

XCaliber
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Sweet and I'm glad to hear the i'll be able to watch the tape delay via The Score rather than youtubing the following day be interesting to see who else makes the cut.

The Franchise
06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Good news :y:

Wiiiiild and Yoooouung

parkmania
06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how the voting goes tonight, since there's only 6 pros left - Carlito's fired, and Hardy's been "suspended".

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm glad they're starting right away. I was wondering what they would do with the down time, but if there IS no down time, then OK.

Cuse8
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
any ideas on who would be in season 2?

Innovator
06-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Only name that matters is in the spoiler

Ermaximus
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
So, bets for season 2 stars anyone? I'm totally expecting Ted to be the pro for Brett Dibiase.

jskinnyg
06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
The only thing I bet is that Vince goes with that piece of shit Otunga over Barrett... Barrett is def WWE material... South Africa would make a good tag partner to Evan Bourne... Same styles...

Xero
06-01-2010, 06:10 PM
I wonder if Bryan Danielson will make his WWE debut in NXT 2?

Evil Vito
06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Though I really don't know anything about most of the guys in FCW, here's my guesses:

1. Eli Cottonwood
2. Alex Riley
3. Kaval
4. Titus O'Neill
5. Johnny Prime
6. Joe Hennig
7. Percy Watson
8. Drake Brewer

No idea on pairings - Eli Cottonwood would be hilarious if paired with Kane - but I think I read that at the last FCW taping they filmed a vignette with Eli Cottonwood being attacked by Shad Gaspard. So we'll see.

Also, if he were healthy I'd say Brett DiBiase on there, but he's out for a few months.</font>

jskinnyg
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I wonder if Bryan Danielson will make his WWE debut in NXT 2?

Reading minds again I see Xero... Nice one...

Krimzon7
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
The only thing I bet is that Vince goes with that piece of shit Otunga over Barrett... Barrett is def WWE material... South Africa would make a good tag partner to Evan Bourne... Same styles...

That would be awesome. It would give Bourne some form of direction in the "E"

FourFifty
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
El Generico.... I can still hope for El Generico. Put with with Rey Mysterio, and you have comedy GOLD!

FourFifty
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
It'll be all like Rey is speaking Spanish, and all Generico says is "Si" and "Ole!"

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I think Alex Riley and Kaval are safe bets. Drake Brewer has got some potential, too, with his experience in Japan, and he's not nearly as green as some other guys. Dos Caras has been working dark matches, and if they want this NXT to be a way to introduce new stars, I don't see the problem with debuting him through there. There's half of your rookies there.

Joe Hennig is probably ready to be called up, and he's got a "name" to him. Johnny Curtis has got a fair bit of experience, so he will add a more seasoned guy to the show. If they're not going to bring him up any other way, they might as well put Tito Colon on the show. And given that Darren Young was given a chance this season, Percy Watson could end up with the opportunity this one. You just know that there is going to be at least one African-American guy on the show.

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
To get the next season started off, I think we need to have Kaval beat the living shit out of the winner of this season tonight. Now that would get things rolling.

Innovator
06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Kaval and Dragon jointly kicking Otunga's fucking head in.

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Kaval and Dragon jointly kicking Otunga's fucking head in.

Although beating The Miz on RAW might be a simple enough way to get Daniel Bryan onto RAW -- they've pretty much had the show revolve around Bryan's character. If they wanted to keep him on NXT, to play it safe, he could return as Bryan Danielson, still looking to become NXT Winner. A rivalry between Kaval and Danielson would be...epic.

Emperor Smeat
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Although beating The Miz on RAW might be a simple enough way to get Daniel Bryan onto RAW -- they've pretty much had the show revolve around Bryan's character. If they wanted to keep him on NXT, to play it safe, he could return as Bryan Danielson, still looking to become NXT Winner. A rivalry between Kaval and Danielson would be...epic.

That also would keep the Bryan-Cole feud going at the same time since Cole could keep verbally attacking him even with the name change.

DLVH84
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Low Ki will win next season.

RawRocks
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo

RawRocks
06-01-2010, 10:41 PM
the divas as mentors? please! :nono:

Evil Vito
06-01-2010, 11:06 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Guessed 7 out of 8 right.

That being said, these names are fucking terrible. Why have the guy admit he's Curt Henng's son and then say his name is Michael McGillicutty?

Whatever, should be interesting.</font>

Droford
06-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Im gonna pull for the Miz's rookie probably but he doesn't excite me as much as Wade Barrett does.

teamXtremist
06-02-2010, 01:49 AM
lets go hennig clap clap clap clap clap

Skippord
06-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Kome on Kaval

Supreme Olajuwon
06-02-2010, 07:28 AM
The first time Low Ki hits the Warrior's Way on WWE television, this competition is over.

Innovator
06-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I've been in Warrior's Way/Ghetto Stomp/Double Stomp withdrawl

Skippord
06-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I hope he does one to Michelle McCool at some point

Innovator
06-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Then by pure coincidence he gets squashed by Taker upon going to Smackdown

Innovator
06-02-2010, 10:07 AM
From PWInsider.com, NXT arena report:

-Daniel Bryan had a shocked and like he was about to burst out laughing look on his face when they announced Kaval and LayCool were a pairing.

-When the video for Percy played, the crowd was bewildered by it. Darren Young and Heath Slater burst out laughing.

-Daniel Bryan and Michael Tarver nearly fell out of their chairs laughing at Barrett's line about Great Khali being more graceful than David Otunga.
-After it was over, Jericho went up to the rookies and said he expects to see all of them in WWE soon and pointed to Bryan and said, "You especially."

Skippord
06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Then by pure coincidence he gets squashed by Taker upon going to Smackdown
I'm pretty sure Low Ki could break the Undertaker's face better than Mysterio

James Steele
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
The last 10 minutes were surreal...

James Steele
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Also, those names are horrible. I understand the copyright thing, but geez.

Skippord
06-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Michael McGillicutty might be the worst name ever

Innovator
06-02-2010, 10:18 AM
This is the son of Curt Hennig, his name is Michael McGillicutty

CMON

Skippord
06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Also I did not know I.R.S' son is on this season

James Steele
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Also I did not know I.R.S' son is on this season

His name is something dumb to. 'I'm the grandson of Blackjack Mulligan and the son of IRS Mike Rotunda. I am Husky Harris!"

FFS, call him ________ Mulligan or something. They need to take advantage of their family names. Randy Orton wouldn't be anywhere close to what he is today if he debuted as "Randall Overton" or something.

Anybody Thrilla
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Husky Harris

Evil Vito
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The next few months will be very important to NXT's future. While Season 2 is going on, I'm assuming some of the rookies from Season 1 (Barrett obviously, Bryan, Otunga, and probably Gabriel) will find their way to the main roster. If half of the rookies see SOME success, WWE may think "sweet, this is a great way to bring in new guys" and continue to run NXT beyond Season 2 (the timeslot is going away, so it could be a WWE.com web show or something)</font>

Evil Vito
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Anyway, I'm pumped for Season 2. There is something intriguing about each pairing:

-Husky Harris and Cody Rhodes: Brutal name aside, the dynamic of both guys being second generation could be entertaining. Duke Rotundo was the only one I didn't predict to be on the show, I figured he'd debut as a tag team with his brother.

-Eli Cottonwood and John Morrison: Odd couple pairings are always fun. Morrison is obviously awesome, and I can see myself liking Cottonwood.

-Percy Watson and MVP: This season's Darren Young, but this time with a pro who might be more accepting. Watson's gimmick seems...interesting.

-Titus O'Neil and Zack Ryder: O'Neil came across as the most boring rookie in his video, so putting him with Ryder should be good. Again, mismatches rule.

-Kaval and Lay-Cool: The mismatch of all mismatches, this should be hilarious. We get to see Layla twice a week AND Kaval destroying people. I approve.

-Lucky Cannon and Mark Henry: What a horrible name. I mean, they made it sound like Lucky is just a nickname - so why couldn't he have been something like Johnny "Lucky" Prime? Still, I'm interested in seeing his his "lucky guy" gimmick pans out.

-Michael McGillicutty and Kofi Kingston: Completely unnecessary name change, so hopefully it's temporary. Still, it's Mr. Perfect's son so I'd love to see what he can do.

-Alex Riley and The Miz: I've been waiting for Riley to get a call-up for quite some time. Pairing him with The Miz should also ensure that he's interesting. Could be this season's Wade Barrett.</font>

erickman
06-02-2010, 12:36 PM
so low-ki will come out to lay-cools music, i guess he will be the bryan this season hope he kicks coles ass.

Anybody Thrilla
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
"YOU'RE NOT ENOUGH FOR MEEEEE, JUST ANOTHER MAN IN LOVE WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE"

:lol:

Ermaximus
06-02-2010, 01:02 PM
"YOU'RE NOT ENOUGH FOR MEEEEE, JUST ANOTHER MAN IN LOVE WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE"

:lol:

Holy shit. I hadn't even thought about that. Wow!

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-02-2010, 01:35 PM
It'd be pretty cool if they actually book Kaval as a badass and as Laycool's body guard who they both wanna fuck. Won't happen though... but it'd be pretty cool.

erickman
06-02-2010, 02:39 PM
It'd be pretty cool if they actually book Kaval as a badass and as Laycool's body guard who they both wanna fuck. Won't happen though... but it'd be pretty cool.

yeah i was thinking that too an lay-cool was going to fued with each other soon anyway why not have them fight over him.

Dark One
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
His name is something dumb to. 'I'm the grandson of Blackjack Mulligan and the son of IRS Mike Rotunda. I am Husky Harris!"

FFS, call him ________ Mulligan or something. They need to take advantage of their family names. Randy Orton wouldn't be anywhere close to what he is today if he debuted as "Randall Overton" or something.

Yeah. I mean, like, I don't hate a lot of the names they give their up and comers anywhere near as much as some folks do. Eventually you get used to it and no one notices it much. I remember the bitchfits there were over "Evan Bourne" after he was introduced under his real name. Or even Kenny Dykstra.

But in this case? It's probably justified. I don't think Ted DiBiase Jr.'s gimmick would be working out quite as well if his name was "Jones Abernathy" either. I think Mr. Perfect's son is going to be hurt more by the lack of his father's name than Rotundo due to the gimmick possibilities (Hi. I'm a second generation tax collector?), but who knows.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Isn't it funny that David Otunga got to use his real name because of his wife, but these guys with the famous wrestling fathers can't.

McLegend
06-02-2010, 10:47 PM
It's fine that they don't use their Parents name. Even though I admit why even tell us they are so and so's son if they aren't going to use the name?

Also I just want to see Low-Ki beating the fuck out of people.

McLegend
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
If WWE doesn't work out for Low-Ki maybe he can finally go into voice over work.

He probably could make some mad cash from Voice over work.

Volare
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Larry "The Ax" Henning - great for old school
Curt "Mr Perfect" Henning - worked great for WWE and AWA
Michael McGillicutty - So all of a sudden he's Curt's son and related to Beulah from ECW?

Jordan
06-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Husky Harris is an awesome name.

Rollermacka
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM

I'd say give him a black handlebar mustache and call him Husky Mulligan and were set

Larry "The Ax" Henning - great for old school
Curt "Mr Perfect" Henning - worked great for WWE and AWA
Michael McGillicutty - So all of a sudden he's Curt's son and related to Beulah from ECW?

Maybe it's the "shocking twist" is that he's not releated to Beulah McGillicutty

Droford
06-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Irving Nestor Shyster - INS (Give him a Deporting illegals gimmick and send him after Rey Mysterio/Kahli/Santino etc)

thecc
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4586/znzc.jpg

Innovator
06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Lucky bastard

thecc
06-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I think I might be slightly more pumped For Ki, than I was for Dragon. Faces gonna get kicked.

Innovator
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vwjeQQXfvTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vwjeQQXfvTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thecc
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SS1jcd3Gkbs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SS1jcd3Gkbs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1dyIv7zwO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1dyIv7zwO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Providence Peep
06-03-2010, 11:34 PM

Even though Husky Harris (Windham Rotunda) is the son of Mike Rotunda, he is NOT a third generation wrestler (regardless of what we're *supposed* to think).

You see, Blackjack Mulligan's real name is Robert Windham, and he is the father of Kendall and Barry Windham, *not* the father of Mike Rotunda. Robert Windham is Mike Rotunda's father-in-law.

VSG
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4586/znzc.jpg

Damn him to hell!

teamXtremist
06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Damn him to hell!

your telling me fucking even without makeup layla is fuckable to the max :naughty:

DLVH84
06-03-2010, 11:53 PM
LOW-KI...LOW-KI...LOW-KI...LOW-KI!!!

Beware the Warrior's Way, Ki Krusher '99, Tidal Wave, and Tidal Crush!!!

Krimzon7
06-04-2010, 12:05 AM
The first time Low Ki hits the Warrior's Way on WWE television, this competition is over.
THIS

The camera man should totally fall, and we should get the 'please stand by' screen for 45 seconds.

Emperor Smeat
06-04-2010, 11:00 PM
THIS

The camera man should totally fall, and we should get the 'please stand by' screen for 45 seconds.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/Redders1989/Technical_Difficulties.jpg

The Show Off
06-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Even though Husky Harris (Windham Rotunda) is the son of Mike Rotunda, he is NOT a third generation wrestler (regardless of what we're *supposed* to think).

You see, Blackjack Mulligan's real name is Robert Windham, and he is the father of Kendall and Barry Windham, *not* the father of Mike Rotunda. Robert Windham is Mike Rotunda's father-in-law.

So is The Rock not a third generation superstar?

I'm not being a jerk I just want to see if it applies for everyone, since Rocky Johnson was his father and Peter Miavia was his grandfather but they weren't related except for in law.

Mr. Nerfect
06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Cody Rhodes and Husky Harris: This pairing could be interesting, as they could play it up like these two sort of grew up in the business together. I could see them actually remaining allies outside of NXT. I wish they would just go with a name like "Husky" Harrison Rotundo, or something like that. I see these two getting along quite well, but with the difference being their personal styles.

John Morrison and Eli Cottonwood: I would have changed the "Cottonwood" name, as it doesn't sound too menacing. How about "Eli Cutler?" But for a big man he seems...different. I'd like it if he admitted he was only using John Morrison for popularity, and he said that he didn't care if he wins NXT or not, because a man of his size and dominance is going to end up as a World Champion anyway. I see him turning on Morrison after he is eventually eliminated, setting up a feud between the two on RAW.

Zack Ryder and Titus O'Neil: I already like this pairing. Ryder is Ryder, and O'Neil seems to keep some sort of stylish sanity about him. I could see Titus becoming a Monty Brown-type face over time, but I'd like to see him and Ryder remain together as a while. He could be the Diesel to Ryder's Shawn Michaels, or something.

MVP and Percy Watson: Wow...Watson is...not boring. I see him going quite early because he is so different, but hopefully he puts on a show. Eventually, I could see Darren Young & Watson ending up coming up as "The South Beach Boys." I know I'm talking about rookies and pros turning on each other a fair bit (and there will be more to come), but I think MVP turning heel somehow over the next few months would really freshen him up.

LayCool and Kaval: This is the Miz/Daniel Bryan pairing, and I think Kaval will have the best chance of being something as a result of his pairing. He's my pick to win, as well as providing some sanity to the wackiness of LayCool.

Mark Henry and Lucky Cannon: Henry was really entertaining in his backstage segment -- I hope he brings some energy to the show. Never thought I would say that about Henry. I could see him and Lucky Cannon getting along quite well, and Cannon doing quite well as a result of Henry's popularity. The two as a tag team post-NXT would be interesting.

Kofi Kingston and Michael McGullicutty: Horrible name. Just horrible. If they wanted a fictional name for Joe Hennig, why not just call him Mike Hennig? This pairing will be interesting, though. I see Mike making it a fair way through, and Hennig and Kingston developing some well-built tension with the Intercontinental Title at the centre, and a possible heel turn for McGullicutty soon following.

The Miz and Alex Riley: I'm surprised by how entertaining Riley seemed. He's been on the way up for ages. This pairing will be really good, I think. Riley will end up on the main stage somehow, but it'll be interesting to see how far he goes.

Mr. Nerfect
06-05-2010, 11:45 PM
How I'd like to see the first of "Season 2" go:

* The show opens with the rookies standing backstage, ala season one. The Miz walks up and tells them that this is how we opened up last time, except he was stuck with a rookie who didn't respect him and didn't have what it takes to be the WWE's next breakout star. But this time he has a winner. He's going to set Alex Riley the same task he set Daniel Bryan. Go out there and show the WWE Universe some personality.

* We are wiiiiiiiild and young

* Alex Riley is out and cuts a promo about how awesome he is. Typical heel shit. Kaval then walks down the ramp as he is speaking, without LayCool or entrance music. He then proceeds to kick the crap out of Alex Riley. We have met Kaval.

* Matt Striker asks The Miz what he thought of Kaval attacking Riley. The Miz "shoots" on Kaval, saying that he has two air-heads as pros, he's another independent guy who thinks he owns the place, and he's going to find out where he really belongs -- in a bingo hall.

* In the first match of NXT 2, Zack Ryder & Titus O'Neil defeat MVP & Percy Watson. Ryder & O'Neil isolate Watson from his corner, and instead of making the hot tag to MVP when he should, he tries to make a comeback himself, which just prolongs his suffering. He eventually does tag in MVP, who cleans house on Ryder, but gets flattened by O'Neil illegally. Watson takes out O'Neil, but Ryder finishes off MVP with the Zack Attack.

Titus O'Neil: 1-0
Percy Watson: 0-1

* Matt Striker asks MVP his thoughts on the ramp, and MVP is annoyed and avoids questioning, so Striker goes to Watson and asks him what he thinks. Watson says that he probably should have tagged out earlier, but O'Neil and Ryder needed to cheat to win. MVP then explodes at Watson (in a shoot-style sort of way, not using the microphone properly) -- "You can't make excuses like that! You've got to take this seriously, man!" Michael Cole and Josh Mathews remark that MVP has never really been a team player, and that having a rookie that is going to lose him matches will really get under his skin.

* A video hyping up Eli Cottonwood airs. It features comments from both John Morrison and Cottonwood, and really fleshes out their NXT relationship, and just what Cottonwood is about. The big man makes his first in-ring appearance next week.

* We get a teaser letting us know that next week, Chris Jericho and Wade Barrett will be on WWE NXT as the winning pro/rookie combination in season one.

* Backstage, Matt Striker interviews Kofi Kingston and Michael McGullicutty. We're about to see the debut of the son of Mr. Perfect. McGullicutty says he is going to make his own mark, hence the new name. He's going to show us that perfection cannot be altered. McGullicutty says that he is fortunate, because he was raised by the greatest Intercontinental Champion, and has the second best as a pro. Kofi jokes about being called "second best."

* Michael McGullicutty pins Husky Harris with a Perfect Plex in the first singles match of NXT 2. Cody Rhodes looks disappointed by Harris' loss, and Kofi seems pleased with the intensity and ability of his rookie. Eli Cottonwood then appears (sans Morrison), and destroys all four guys. Big boots for all. A Chokeslam to Harris, a Jackhammer to McGullicutty, a powerbomb to Kofi and an F-5 to Cody Rhodes. Something like that. Cottonwood kicks ass and leaves as Michael Cole & Josh Mathews talk about the impact Cottonwood has made.

Michael McGullicutty: 1-0
Husky Harris: 0-1

* Backstage, LayCool are talking to Kaval. To his face, they tell him that his form was flawless, and that he will win NXT. But when he walks away, not seeming to think much of their approval, Layla freaks out and says he looks like a gorilla. Michelle McCool seems to be a little fascinated by him, though (leading to an angle where LayCool both want the exclusive services of Kaval).

* In the main event, Mark Henry and Lucky Cannon make their debut as a tag team. Their opponents are The Miz and Alex Riley. Mathews remarks that Cannon is lucky, because Riley got the crap kicked out of him earlier. Cannon gets isolated, which leads to unlucky jokes from the commentators, until he tags in Henry, who destroys Alex Riley and The Miz. He tags in Cannon after hitting a World's Strongest Slam on The Miz. Cannon comes off the top rope with a 265lbs senton bomb on Miz, and gets the pin, pinning a pro on the first episode of NXT 2.

Lucky Cannon: 1-0
Alex Riley: 0-1

VSG
06-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Sounds really good, except for the mega push on Eli Cottonwood. But ya, I will reserve my comments till after a couple of NXT episodes.

Hanso Amore
06-06-2010, 09:55 AM
HTat would be a good show noid, though I agree, that felates the giant a bit too much. He doesnt need a "push" like that to "get over". he is 7 foot tall...he just needs to show up to be taken seriously.

Hanso Amore
06-06-2010, 09:55 AM
I see Ryder treating Oneill more like a bodyguard through out this and maybe after.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I'd mark out if Joe Hennig demanded to use his father's music.

VSG
06-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Somehow Titus O'Neil's intro segment struck me as he could have done Chad Gasper's gimmick much better. He is a brawler, has a lot of physical moves and looks more intimidating in that suit than without it.