PDA

View Full Version : VG collectables?

Drakul
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have any really rare VG themed collectibles? I'm not talking about stuff like those "collecters" items like a Resident Evil umbrella or a Kasumi 12" figurine they sell by the van load in game shops these days. I mean something genuinely rare.

If so, what is it, when and where did you get it and would you sell it for the right price?

I don't have anything anymore. I did have a vinyl record when I was 4 or so based on the original Donkey Kong arcade game. It had a bunch of original songs inspired by the game. The sleeve had art on the front of it taken from the arcade cabinet (pic below) and the back had four screenshots of the game and it was in great condition and the record was in great condition.
I can't find it anywhere online so it must be insanely rare which means it would be worth a ton of money to the right person.

The problem is, I haven't been able to find it in 15+ years. I have the sinking feeling someone sold it for next to nothing. :(

If I found it, I don't think I'd sell it. I'd love to know it's worth, though. I've no clue where I got it in the first place. I'll ask sometime.

http://www.moneymachines.com/dkcabinetgraphics.jpg
It was similar to this art but Mario was better drawn with a rosey nose and with blue around the image rather than white.

El Tigre
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Hmmm... Not sure if this counts, but when I was young I had gotten a hold of some of these figures in a Happy Meal.
http://www.kathysfastfoodtoys.com/images/MCD_90_SuperMarioNew.jpg

It's the Mario Jumper at the bottom corner as well as a Raccoon Mario figure, but I couldn't find a picture of that. Pretty sure there both somewhere deep in my closet.

Verbose Minch
06-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I have the action figures of Mario and Luigi from the movie.

Jeritron
06-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I have some old Nintendo toys and collectibles somewhere. I have some Mario, Wario, Luigi and Toad beanie baby type things I got at a gas station in West Virginia when I was a kid.
I have a Donkey Kong, Funky Kong on a Surfboard, and Banjo Kazooie action figure, I think.

I used to have those happy meals. I also had some Sonic happy meals or whatever. I had a sonic figurine that came from a box of Cookie Crisp. Don't know how I remember that.

I don't know where any of this stuff is.

LuigiD
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
huh..surprisingly I don't think I have ever accumulated many video game collectibles with the exception of a few Metal Gear Solid action figures. I had a bunch of stuff as a kid..mostly little toys, keychains, playing cards, etc. I am sure some of those are rare as fuck now. Oh well..

Big Fat Mike
06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Lunar Puppets

G
06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
those old mortal kombat and street fighter action figures that had the arms and legs you could pull off on like an elastic or something.

LuigiD
06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Thinking about it now that it gets mentioned..while growing up in Italy I remember there was this video game magazine that came with Mortal Kombat action figures. I have looked them over and have found little info except a few pictures since they appear to be quite rare. My friend had a ton of them..almost all the characters up to MK III.
Looked something like this:
http://www.toyarchive.com/MortalKombat/ArgScorpionLoose1a.jpg