PDA

View Full Version : Asshole (Mr. Anderson)

Providence Peep
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
So, I'm sitting here watching TNA and Mr. Anderson kept saying asshole, without any censoring. Then the fans started chanting it, too. How is that not censored?

Droford
06-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Its after 10pm on a cable network.

Ive heard similar on shows on FX or whatever..

Providence Peep
06-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Its after 10pm on a cable network.

Ive heard similar on shows on FX or whatever..

Good point..... but Austin used to always say "asshole" on RAW, and wasn't that censored? I don't remember.

Vastardikai
06-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Honestly, I still believe the whole "asshole" thing is an elaborate work to make their retarded fan base look even more retarded.

Steveviscious89
06-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Not sure, but I think I'm warming up to the idea of Anderson becoming a face. At first I thought it was a crazy idea, but with this whole 'Anderson's Assholes' thing it just might work to the crowd. He's a jerk, and for some reason people like jerks in the spotlight....works for me.

Droford
06-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Good point..... but Austin used to always say "asshole" on RAW, and wasn't that censored? I don't remember.

Spike and FX are a lot looser with their standards than USA was/is.

Evil Vito
06-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Honestly, I still believe the whole "asshole" thing is an elaborate work to make their retarded fan base look even more retarded.

<font color=goldenrod>I can forgive anything retarded chanted by TNA fans just for the "Wild Snorlax" chant while Rosie Lottalove wrestled</font>

Steveviscious89
06-03-2010, 10:16 PM

I resent that remark.....I have tried time and time again to watch WWE but the product is just too darn sterile to entertain me. In fact I had to quit watching wrestling all together from about 2004 to 2007 just because of that.

Droford
06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
TNA has uncensored cussing! They're cool! Yeah!

Personally I think saying it once was one thing, but then repeating it like 15 times was kinda like..ugh...

Steveviscious89
06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I actually think this show has gone really well. Much better than recent weeks. I think they could stand to benefit from announcing more of the matches at the beginning of the show or sometime in the broadcast. I had no idea the next two matches were even on the card.

Stickman
06-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Mr Anderson is pretty awful on the mic, seriously.

Vastardikai
06-03-2010, 10:54 PM
I resent that remark.....I have tried time and time again to watch WWE but the product is just too darn sterile to entertain me. In fact I had to quit watching wrestling all together from about 2004 to 2007 just because of that.

I only barely follow wrestling anymore. Most of the matches I find myself watching are from the '70s and '80s (Thanks youtube!).

The whole Asshole thing comes off as fucking stupid. It's like the New Generation. If you were hip to society in 1984, you could see the tag team as a pair of ladies men who are good friends. Look at it now, and it comes off quite differently. It's been posted before, so I won't post it again. Just look up "New Generation Wrestling" on Youtube. It's generally one of the first videos.

Keep that in mind when I say this. Picture you've never watched TNA. And you flipped on Spike TV on Thursday Night and you see Mr. Anderson and his fans declaring they are assholes. Do you think it would come off as anything other than you thinking that the fans are idiots.

Providence Peep
06-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I only barely follow wrestling anymore. Most of the matches I find myself watching are from the '70s and '80s (Thanks youtube!).

Old Skool :y:

Wishbone
06-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I personally love the asshole gimmik it really suits Anderson well and the fans are really behind it as for the argument that if you were not a wrestling fan and tuned in to TNA and saw this you would think it was stupid I just have one thing to say TNA is geared toward wrestling fans it is a wrestling program and claims to be such unlike WWE who are an entertainment program trying to pander to ever person under the sun so in short I don't think TNA or it's fans (which I am proudly one of) care what non-wrestling fans think

The Pope
06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
:y:

Vastardikai
06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
The problem is that logic makes sense if we're talking about a Chikara or an ROH. We're not. We're talking about TNA, which is the second biggest promotion in the Wrestling Business. A company that wants to compete with WWE. Somehow, some way, they are gonna need to attract casual fans. Getting the ones that they got to call themselves assholes on National Television isn't gonna get it done.

Londoner
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM

That's funny cause that's meant to be what he's good at!(not disagreeing with you btw)

The Pope
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
The Pope is great on the mic!

Johnny Vegas
06-04-2010, 01:05 AM
I personally love the asshole gimmik it really suits Anderson well and the fans are really behind it as for the argument that if you were not a wrestling fan and tuned in to TNA and saw this you would think it was stupid I just have one thing to say TNA is geared toward wrestling fans it is a wrestling program and claims to be such unlike WWE who are an entertainment program trying to pander to ever person under the sun so in short I don't think TNA or it's fans (which I am proudly one of) care what non-wrestling fans think

This post had no periods, whatsoever.

Tazz Dan
06-04-2010, 01:28 AM

So how would you rate Matt Hardy. I mean, I'm not stroking Kennedy here, but for someone who does a decent job on the mic and you're calling him 'pretty awful' where does that leave Hardy on your scale?

Not being a bitch here either, just a question.

Rev. Hallowell
06-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Technically speaking, Spike is a cable network and is not obligated to censor anything. They do so because the sponsors have certain standards. Only broadcast networks are required to censor swearing, violence, and nudity to FCC standards.

Wishbone
06-04-2010, 01:49 AM
This post had no periods, whatsoever.

can't believe that my post having no periods is somthing that you are concerned about...........:nono:

DAMN iNATOR
06-04-2010, 04:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NVXQ9H1u1ps&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NVXQ9H1u1ps&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I remember being pretty shocked that they didn't edit out the crowd chanting "YOU ARE...AN ASSHOLE!" at Vince.

Kane Knight
06-04-2010, 05:58 AM
TNA has uncensored cussing! They're cool! Yeah!

The motivation in a nutshell.

RVDmark
06-04-2010, 07:55 AM
In a nutshell.

WWE - Watered down wrestling for kids. (I would have written entertainment but seriously, is anyone entertained by this any more. The best bit of the last PPV was watching Randy Orton fuck himself up by punching the Mat.)

TNA - A Wrestling show, plain n simple. You can whinge about people wanting the "attitude era" back all you want, I'm sure a lot of wrestling fans are fed up with the PG crap. Its wrestling, its simulated violence, its not meant to be solely for children.

Sure TNA has its faults, im not saying TNA is perfect by a long chalk, its just a better starting point.

Unless you think the crowd chanting "Boring" and "Bullshit" through four of the matches on the last WWE PPV was a good thing?

Xero
06-04-2010, 08:02 AM

This wouldn`t surprise me in the least

Kane Knight
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Unless you think the crowd chanting "Boring" and "Bullshit" through four of the matches on the last WWE PPV was a good thing?
That just proves how awesome whoever was in the matches are at being heels!

[/smark]

Kane Knight
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrgpZ0fUixs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrgpZ0fUixs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MoFo
06-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Desmond Wolfe was calling people 'wankers' and 'window licking retards' a couple of months back, thats slightly worse than 'assholes'.

Like someone already pointed out, they only do this to appear 'edgy' and a contrast to PG WWE.

RVDmark
06-04-2010, 09:53 AM
That just proves how awesome whoever was in the matches are at being heels!

[/smark]

Yeah those heels really know how to bleed during a match.:lol:

Johnny Vegas
06-04-2010, 09:57 AM
can't believe that my post having no periods is somthing that you are concerned about...........:nono:

glad to see some periods this time

BillyBonez
06-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I just watched it yesterday and its HILARIOUS. Kennedy sucked a huge ass in WWE, but he is awesome in TNA now.

Droford
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
The only thing I like about Kennedy..er..whatever..is his shirt.

Not that Id wear it in public but still.

Swiss Ultimate
06-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Chris Benoit murdering his family wasn't hardcore enough for you?

tjmidnight420
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
glad to see some periods this time
He was inserting all of them from the last message on the end of that one just to please you. :shifty:

I just watched it yesterday and its HILARIOUS. Kennedy sucked a huge ass in WWE, but he is awesome in TNA now.
Um... He's pretty much the exact same except -Kennedy +Anderson - PG +Asshole. How does that somehow =Awesome?

Kane Knight
06-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Um... He's pretty much the exact same except -Kennedy +Anderson - PG +Asshole. How does that somehow =Awesome?

The IWC loves it when <s>Malibu Stacy</s> <s>The Undertaker</s> Ken Kennedy gets a new hat.

Londoner
06-05-2010, 08:27 AM

be coz tna iz better!!!!11111 LOL !111

Stickman
06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
So how would you rate Matt Hardy. I mean, I'm not stroking Kennedy here, but for someone who does a decent job on the mic and you're calling him 'pretty awful' where does that leave Hardy on your scale?

Not being a bitch here either, just a question.

They're in the same league. You can just tell Anderson tries way too hard.

Kane Knight
06-05-2010, 12:52 PM
be coz tna iz better!!!!11111 LOL !111
It's because he's a heel. Most of the "he can only say his name" guys showed up when he turned face. And did the same thing he did as a heel.

TheAdamEvansFan
06-05-2010, 01:06 PM
The Pope is great on the mic!

Wow your a big fan of a wrestler too. NICE

TheAdamEvansFan
06-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Chris Benoit murdering his family wasn't hardcore enough for you?

He didn't murder anyone.

Vastardikai
06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I was one of the few conspiracy theorists that believed that Kevin Sullivan did it for a while.

I got over it, so should you.

Concussions are a bitch.

Kane Knight
06-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I was one of the few conspiracy theorists that believed that Kevin Sullivan did it for a while.

Concussions are a bitch.

And so is Sascha.

BOOYAH!

Kane Knight
06-05-2010, 07:37 PM
To be fair, he's not even over Evan Adams...Errr..Adam Evans...

Kane Knight
06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
IT'S STILL UNREAL TO ME, DAMMIT!

Four more of these and I'll have a DttS streak.