PDA

View Full Version : Remember when The Rock took on Test and Stephanie in a handicap match?

Hunter
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
This was back in 2001, and surprisingly it happened twice in a matter of two weeks. I was a huge Rock fan back in 2001 and Stephanie McMahon annoyed the hell out of me. How about you guys? Anyways, the first match they had was pretty good, it was mostly The Rock Vs Test with Stephanie doing commentary (even though she was his partner). Stephanie tried to get in the match late but almost ended up being Rock Bottomed.

In the 2nd match Steph was more involved, but only took the same bump that she did in the first match, and that was her being thrown into the ring over the ropes by The Rock.

Now what I don't get is, if you remember the WWE back in 2000-2001, The Rock would always end up Rock Bottoming Steph in random moments in where she was annoying him or she tried to slap him. But none of those were matches. They all received huge pops though and the fans loved it.

Think of this now, you have the perfet oppurtunity to give the fans what they want. It's understandable that Steph got away in the first match and The Rock couldn't seal the deal. Now The Rock request for a rematch most notably to get his hands on Steph. The fans are riled up and they are just waiting for it.

But yet again in the second match The Rock mostly fights with Steph and only catapults Steph in the ring over the ropes (which got a huge pop). She was really annoying back then, and The Rock was really over the top. I guess either she didn't wanna take the bump or Vince had other plans.

Sorry for the long rant, here are the matches.

Match 1

████████ width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKSy8AcF8Is&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKSy8AcF8Is&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Match 2

████████ width="560" height="420"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xd18li?width=560&theme=none&foreground=%23F7FFFD&highlight=%23FFC300&background=%23171D1B&start=&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0&colors=background%3A171D1B%3Bforeground%3AF7FFFD%3Bspecial%3AFFC300%3B"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xd18li?width=560&theme=none&foreground=%23F7FFFD&highlight=%23FFC300&background=%23171D1B&start=&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0&colors=background%3A171D1B%3Bforeground%3AF7FFFD%3Bspecial%3AFFC300%3B" width="560" height="420" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd18li_the-rock-vs-test_sport">The Rock vs Test</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/wwe-best-time">wwe-best-time</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ca-en/channel/sport">More professional, college and classic sports videos.</a></i>

BigCrippyZ
06-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Yes, loved this stuff! Ahh, memories... :D

Droford
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
theres a thread for this random flashback

The Pope
06-03-2010, 11:15 PM
what's the point of this thread?

Hunter
06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
what's the point of this thread?

It's good memories of when WWE was at it's highest point. Plus it's interesting to hear people comment on the match/feud or the time period.

The Pope
06-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I guess i'll watch it then

XCaliber
06-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Some funny stuff there yet I don't recall the reunion of those two myself but then again there was a lot more going on back then too despite there not being a brand split.

DAMN iNATOR
06-04-2010, 03:41 AM
It's good memories of when WWE was at it's highest point. Plus it's interesting to hear people comment on the match/feud or the time period.

You get an 'A' for effort. :y: Welcome aboard.

DaVe
06-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Don't get why guys are always complete tossers to new guys at the forums. Fun matches.

MoFo
06-04-2010, 08:48 AM
ANYTHING with The Rock in it deserves its own thread, even filler matches with Test.

Ermaximus
06-04-2010, 09:26 AM
At least he's not posting a 100 random threads about his man crush like other people do. Let the guy be. He's new and he's just trying to start conversation. Take the thread for what you will, relive the glory days of Rock/Test, put your 2 cents in towards the matter, and move along. Like Dave said, we don't have to be assholes to every new poster. Save that for the overly annoying trolls.

Welcome to TPWW Hunter. I'm guessing you're a HHH fan?

dablackguy
06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Just me or does everything in ring look way more crisp than what's on tv now?

James Steele
06-04-2010, 11:47 AM

He better be, or I will crush him.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Why do posters feel the need to jump all over this guy for posting a memorable match and trying to have some discussion about it?

Awful noob threads happen, but this isn't one of them. If a regular poster posted this everyone would be like "what a great match!"

Haze
06-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Rock's promo leading into this match was classic!

BigCrippyZ
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Why do posters feel the need to jump all over this guy for posting a memorable match and trying to have some discussion about it?

Awful noob threads happen, but this isn't one of them. If a regular poster posted this everyone would be like "what a great match!"

Agreed. I don't get the need to shit on noobs for being noobs by some folks.

BigCrippyZ
06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Gotta love The Rock's promos. No one does it better, IMO. His matches were always solid too. Not the best worker by any means, but he was always great at selling moves I thought.

Loved Heyman and JR's announcing too. Brilliant. :D

Hunter
06-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Thanks man, and yeah I am big fan of HHH, mostly the heel version. Not really a big fan of Steph, which is partly the reason why I liked when The Rock use to cut promos on her and deliver The Rock Bottom once and a while. She always just annoyed me.

The Pope
06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks man, and yeah I am big fan of HHH, mostly the heel version. Not really a big fan of Steph, which is partly the reason why I liked when The Rock use to cut promos on her and deliver The Rock Bottom once and a while. She always just annoyed me.

:y:

D Mac
06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I loved Steph's outfit.

Ermaximus
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM

She just played her character well. We all know given the chance in real life, you'd slip it in her....Maybe?

The Pope
06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
She just played her character well. We all know given the chance in real life, you'd slip it in her....Maybe?

No hesitation at all.

Hunter
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM

But the thing is, do you remember when she was the GM of Smackdown around 2003? She was a mega face and took up so much TV time. Her character truly even annoyed me at that time too, just a little less.

I would totally do her tho. She got a bit beefed up when she took the GM role of SD, but still would throw it in her.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/hbk1010/gdg.jpg

St. Jimmy
06-04-2010, 06:35 PM
tl;dr.

BigCrippyZ
06-04-2010, 10:49 PM
But the thing is, do you remember when she was the GM of Smackdown around 2003? She was a mega face and took up so much TV time. Her character truly even annoyed me at that time too, just a little less.

I would totally do her tho. She got a bit beefed up when she took the GM role of SD, but still would throw it in her.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/hbk1010/gdg.jpg

Oh hell yeah, I'd hit that. I'd still hit it. She still looks good even now that she's had two kids.

tjmidnight420
06-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Welcome to TP-Dub, bro. May you not be a troll. :y:

Tazz Dan
06-04-2010, 11:37 PM

Because they be the cool kids picking on the newbies!!!!!

I agree with you. Perfect example is the thread Bollywood Singh made about a PPV with dead wrestlers. FourFifty made the same thread a while back and it was met with good reception. This new guy does it and KYR flames him for a stupid topic.

Now I'll admit I'm not a Bollywood Singh fan, but it's a perfect example of what you're saying.

Shadrick
06-04-2010, 11:55 PM
He better be, or I will crush him.

It's true, he'll do it. I've literally SEEN him eat a mans penis. It was in international waters, and they couldn't prosecute him but still...

Tazz Dan
06-05-2010, 12:53 AM
James Steele can eat my penis. :naughty:

Rammsteinmad
06-05-2010, 02:44 AM
I remember watching these matches at the time and rooting so hard for Test. He coulda truly been an amazing main event heel, especially after the Survivor Series 2001 when he has that one year immunity thing.

:(

Ermaximus
06-05-2010, 05:08 PM
James Steele can eat my penis. :naughty:

Oh Tazz Dan, you silly Tasmanian you.