PDA

View Full Version : What does Edge need?

Flash Funk
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I know there are restrictions due to the PG era and him being Rated R, but I feel like he has been stale every since his return. What could turn him around in your opinion, or is he just fine the way he is?

St. Jimmy
06-05-2010, 04:40 PM
To retire and have a lot of sex and booze.

Stealth-Icon
06-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Christian......That is what Edge needs, to tag with Christian again.

Kane Knight
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
To get off my TV.

BollywoodSingh
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I think Christian should turn heel and align with Edge. Not as a regular tag team, but just two main event guys that are aligned with each other like Triple H and Michaels were over the last couple of years.

Flash Funk
06-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Form a two-man power trip like duo with Sheamus, where Edge is the brains and Sheamus is the muscle. Eventually Sheamus turns on him, allowing him to become a face in the only way possible...teaming with Captain Charisma!

blak23
06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
if edge has been stale because the rated r gimmick has been going for a long time, he doesnt need anything really. imo he's still doing a great job at playing the role he is being payed to play

blak23
06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
and him coming back as a face was extremely lame

James Steele
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
To get off my TV.

DO YOU LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT PRO WRESTLING?

RKO'em
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Heel Edge + Christian. Yes.

James Steele
06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
If Edge is actually going to finish in 2 years, I'd like to see Christan beat him at WrestleMania XXVIII (hopefully in Toronto) to win his first WWE/World Heavyweight Championship.

I'd tease moments between them over the next year, and at the Draft next year Christian/Edge both end up on the same brand. Christian starts out HOT, but comes up short whenever he gets in the marquee matches. Christian finally gets pissed about it and blames the fans and his sucking up to them. Edge comes out and congratulates him on seeing the light. Edge/Christian reunite on a part-time basis (like HHH/HBK or RKO/Edge). They have a high level of success as a team and individuals. They win the Tag Titles again and hold them until after the Royal Rumble. Christian wins the Royal Rumble in 2012. Edge wins the WWE/World Heavyweight Championship at the Elimination Chamber. Edge and Christian talk about how they will live their dream and rule the WWE after WrestleMania as they will be tag champs, WWE Champ, and World Champ, but Christian never officially challenges the other champion. They defend the tag titles on RAW/SD! and Edge goes for a hot tag, but instead Christian kicks him in the face. He snaps and unloads on Edge. He hits the killswitch and then the other team pins Edge with a look of shock on their face. Christian says that he will face Edge for his World Championship at WrestleMania. Christian is sick and tired of having always been in the shadow of Edge, and at WrestleMania...Christian will not only step out of the shadow of Edge, but end Edge's career as the final stepping stone to get what Christian deserves...immortality. BOOM!

Edge's last match is in the main event of WrestleMania against his best friend and he gets to make his best friend a World Champion. Edge won't be in full retirement because I can see him coming back once in a blue moon or something.

Nicky Fives
06-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I think Christian should turn heel and align with Edge. Not as a regular tag team, but just two main event guys that are aligned with each other like Triple H and Michaels were over the last couple of years.

This.....:y:

XCaliber
06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Screw Christian if there's a tag team that needs reunituing it's Rated RKO and start being a little controversial again even if he goes face again I don't care.

The Pope
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
If Edge is actually going to finish in 2 years, I'd like to see Christan beat him at WrestleMania XXVIII (hopefully in Toronto) to win his first WWE/World Heavyweight Championship.

I'd tease moments between them over the next year, and at the Draft next year Christian/Edge both end up on the same brand. Christian starts out HOT, but comes up short whenever he gets in the marquee matches. Christian finally gets pissed about it and blames the fans and his sucking up to them. Edge comes out and congratulates him on seeing the light. Edge/Christian reunite on a part-time basis (like HHH/HBK or RKO/Edge). They have a high level of success as a team and individuals. They win the Tag Titles again and hold them until after the Royal Rumble. Christian wins the Royal Rumble in 2012. Edge wins the WWE/World Heavyweight Championship at the Elimination Chamber. Edge and Christian talk about how they will live their dream and rule the WWE after WrestleMania as they will be tag champs, WWE Champ, and World Champ, but Christian never officially challenges the other champion. They defend the tag titles on RAW/SD! and Edge goes for a hot tag, but instead Christian kicks him in the face. He snaps and unloads on Edge. He hits the killswitch and then the other team pins Edge with a look of shock on their face. Christian says that he will face Edge for his World Championship at WrestleMania. Christian is sick and tired of having always been in the shadow of Edge, and at WrestleMania...Christian will not only step out of the shadow of Edge, but end Edge's career as the final stepping stone to get what Christian deserves...immortality. BOOM!

Edge's last match is in the main event of WrestleMania against his best friend and he gets to make his best friend a World Champion. Edge won't be in full retirement because I can see him coming back once in a blue moon or something.

:y:

Poit
06-05-2010, 10:17 PM

That would reek of awesomeness.

Fox
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Kazoos.

Edge needs Kazoos.

MoFo
06-06-2010, 01:12 AM
IWC is fucked up.

Just cuz the guy had his success tagging with Christian a decade ago doesnt mean they have to be linked in some way forever.

Fuck the Edge and Christian bullshit. Let them go on separate paths.

Fox
06-06-2010, 03:20 AM
That's the way of wrestling though, MoFo. Tag teams, even after breaking up and going on to their own singular successes (or failures), they are always remembered as being part of a team. Even years after their break up, Shawn Michaels will always be remembered and recognized as the tag team partner of Marty Jannetty and one half of the Rockers.

Especially with a team like E&C, who were a very large part of the tag team revitalization of the 2000's, had some of the most dynamic and incredible tag team matches in WWE history, and were just a generally very very entertaining team. It's completely natural for the IWC to want to see them team up again or feud against each other; either way it's two awesome superstars who came in together, went their own ways, and then had their paths cross once again. It's nice to see things like that all come full circle.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2010, 08:48 AM
I think Edge could use the WWE Championship. Besides his return Royal Rumble win, the guy feels like a non-entity as a threat. I'd have him steal the WWE Championship at Fatal Four Way, earning the ire of all three of his opponents, and have him return to "Ultimate Opportunist" Edge. I feel the heel turn was premature, but if they want him to be a bad guy, why hold back on it?

I also think it would be good if Edge got a little entourage going again. Given their history, I don't see a reason why Zack Ryder would not once again help out Edge to get him in the spotlight. Stick Alicia Fox with them, as Edge's play thing, and you've got a decent heel unit right there. I think it would also work if EVERYONE wanted to kick Edge's ass. Not just the faces, but the heels he screws over, as well. While heel vs. heel is not usually something the WWE does, a Edge vs. Sheamus and Edge vs. Chris Jericho both have potential as RAW main events to me.

It won't happen, but it'd be cool if Edge took his Rated-R gimmick to literal levels, and was a bad guy exposing the children who cheer John Cena to more adult concepts. Since the PG stuff, I've always wanted to see a character that refuses to play ball. It kind of defeats the purpose, but it'd be an interesting concept if done right.

TheHart
06-06-2010, 02:34 PM
1. Hit the gym, lose about 10-15 pounds, get back into great physical shape so that it looks like he cares.

2a. Start spearing people randomly, like RKO does, and actually use the scary whisper thing he did to Jericho. "...spear."

OR

2b. Turn up the comedy some more. Edge has great comedic timing and was primarily what made E&C so popular. I say go with it.

IF 2a

3. Possibly reunite with RKO and just have them lay the entire roster out and make them seem like assholes who don't care what anyone thinks, face or heel. Sort of like Stone Cold, but in a tag team format.

IF 2b

3. Reunite with Christian and become a huge face tag team that does a lot of single matches. Kind of like DX a few months ago.

Primarily #1 though. The man needs to lose that gut and then I can take him more seriously as a competitor. It's not that I'm against a wrestler being obese. It's that Edge is SO skinny that when he has that gut it looks like a frog that stood up on it's hind legs.

BillyBonez
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
They need to give him a new character. We've had insane edge, we had crappy face edge, we had intense edge. I say they elaborate on his Rated R superstar gimmick and make him "Sex Machine" Edge.

However not make it stupid like fat Viscera. Instead they show Edge with divas backstage like ALL the time. And reporters keep finding him boning divas or random chicks backstage on every show. He can come to da ring mad sweaty with a towel and talk bout how he was just backstage having "fun" and is pretty sore for the match tonight.

EVentually wrestlers start to gang up on him because they are jealous that he gets laid all the time and then he can start losing matches because he spends too much time having sex and not enough time training in the gym. The announcers can talk about how he hasnt been in a gym for years unless it was 2 have sex.

Eventually a GM bans Edge from having sex on his show and Edge goes psycho and starts trying to hump other wrestlers in the ring and to make this gimmick controversial he can pull out a fan from ringside and try to rape her in the middle of the match.

Dark One
06-06-2010, 08:57 PM
actually use the scary whisper thing he did to Jericho. "...spear."

There is so much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin.

James Steele
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
BillyBonez, wow...just wow.

tjmidnight420
06-06-2010, 11:02 PM
BillyBonez, wow...just wow.

Seconded.

Skippord
06-07-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't even know what to say about that

Bad Company
06-07-2010, 02:53 AM
add another 100lbs

TheAdamEvansFan
06-07-2010, 07:11 AM
I'd like to see Edge start up a Faction like Evolution/DX. It can consist of heels and faces, and be dominant.

It could gain popularity by causing issues on Smackdown for his "former wife" in storylines.

RiX1024
06-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Align with Christian, but not as a full-time tag team just an alliance like DX or lead a stable.

ORANGE-LOCKE
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7787/lita12gk.jpg

BillyBonez
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Edge doesnt need Lita, Lita needs edge because Edge is a star all on his own but Lita always needed someone else to be a star like Esse Rios, The Hard Boyz or Edge.

I still stand that Edge needs a more Rated R gimmick