PDA

View Full Version : Memorable experiences as a wrestling fan

YoungFlyFlashy
06-07-2010, 07:00 PM
So, as a fan, what are/were some of your most memorable experiences as a wrestling fan that you personally experienced?

My first ever WWE/F house show, I was about 8 years old, I sat next to Ricky Steamboat's wife. Awesome lady!

My first ever PPV that I attended live was Royal Rumble 1995, and to top it off, my favorite wrestler Shawn Michaels won that night, couldn't ask for much more!

Attending Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando, FL was an AWESOME experience. I sat next to Pat Garriety(SP?) (NBA Basketball Player, played for the Magic at the time) Also awesome because you can see me on the DVD!

My most recent experience when I attended this years Royal Rumble in Atlanta, GA! Awesome, and I sat close to Chilli, I assume she attends this frequently in GA, because alot of WWE/F came by to see her. So cause of her I got to get my 3 seconds or so with Matt Stryker, Edge, Jerry Lawler, that ring announcer, and even Christian came by. Another DVD cameo by me on this as well!

Jeritron
06-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Mick Foley winning the title

Xero
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
In terms of live...

WrestleMania 20 - Nuff said
SummerSlam 97 - First PPV
SummerSlam 98 - Ladder Match, Taker/Austin
Rumble 2000 - Cactus/Hunter, which is one of my favorite matches ever, plus the Rumble itself.
SummerSlam 2002 - Michaels' return, Brock's first title win.

Was at both of Triple H's returns, too.

There are others but I've been to so many WWE shows (PPVs especially) that I'd wind up listing 90% of them.

Swiss Ultimate
06-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Repeat: Watching Sabu defeat Taz live in a non-sanctioned FTW World Title match back when Taz never lost on TV. Walking through a puddle of both Taz and Sabu's blood was also pretty memorable.

Perry Saturn
06-07-2010, 07:10 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPelLZtB2OA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPelLZtB2OA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BollywoodSingh
06-07-2010, 07:20 PM
If we're just talking about moments we've seen in person, then The Rock-Hogan match at WrestleMania 18 was pretty awesome to see live. I've been to 3 Raw tapings (one of them included a Saturday Night Main Event taping as well) and the only really memorable moment was seeing Bret Hart a few weeks (May 17th in Toronto).

Fox
06-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I was at a house show in Maryland back in like 2002.

John Cena and the FBI were facing Chris Benoit and Los Guerreros. I yelled out "John Cena SUCKS!" and he turned and looked right at me (it was a pretty small venue) and pointed like "shut your mouth."

That was pretty cool.

Rev. Hallowell
06-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Bret Hart winning the WCW title
Chris Benoit winning the WWE Heavyweight title
Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE Title
Owen Hart beating Bret at Wrestlemania X
Jericho's WWF Debut
Bret Hart vs HBK at Wrestlemania XII

The Pope
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Chris Benoit's suicide dive.

TazFTW86
06-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Meeting Bret Hart in NYC @ ROH Glory by Honor 8: The Final Countdown...was also the debut of Jim Cornette (which is not on the DVD but he did a great promo) and finally the Final Countdown match, Nigel vs Bryan...Meeting Homicide and Prince Nana outside the Manhattan center just bullshitin wit the fans... Pretty cool night for my first ROH event...

Also meeting JTG @ a McDonalds in NYC after a Raw/SNME taping. He took the pic and said "gotta go, im fuckin starvin" lol he came out lookin high in the pic so he probably had the munchies...

Favre4Ever
06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
I've been to 2 live events, a RAW/Smackdown supershow before Wrestlemania 22 and No Mercy 2003. Seeing Angle vs. heel John Cena was fun, but the RAW was pretty awesome too.

Team Sheep
06-08-2010, 09:52 AM
My first show when I was 13 was a house show at Wembley Arena. Got to slap hands with Jericho and Orton. It was an amazing experience for my first ever show. Then I was at a Raw once and JBL made a sneak attack right by where I was sitting and then stood right by me as Cena was talking to him on the mic from the ring. That same show, Michaels threw his shirt into the crowd and it was coming right for me, then this huge tall bastard sitting next to me reached out and grabbed it :(

Then being at the past 2 Wrestlemanias speak for themselves.

Razzamajazz
06-08-2010, 06:04 PM
going to anarchy rulz 2000 and having spike dudley use the top of my head to support himself stepping up onto the merchandise table to scream shit at a camera

Anybody Thrilla
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I've told this story before, but I was front row for four weeks worth of Superstars tapings in 1995 or so. Owen Hart walked by me and I touched his arm. He stopped, pointed his finger directly in my face, and yelled "DON'T TOUCH ME, I'M A KING!". Jim Neidhart came up right behind him and laughed in my face as he stroked his goatee.

I also remember marking out watching Steve Austin stun Sgt. Slaughter when he was commissioner.

I was also there live when "Pillmanizing" was born.

TGR
06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
WHAT HAS SHANE MANIPULATED BESIDES A MERGER FROM HELL!?

glanville6
06-08-2010, 09:20 PM
In person, things I'll remember are

Seeing Christian (my favorite wrestler) lose the IC belt in a main event on RAW in a ladder match to RVD- just seeing my favorite wrestler, a midcarder in the main event was special to me.

Meeting Molly Holly a second time and her remembering my name was awesome.

Being at Judgment Day last year in Chicago- if only for this moment- I'm a pretty huge Cubs fan, and the Miz came out and cut a promo on Alfonso Soriano, challenged him,and faked a phone call and said "Lou Piniella just called, he wants your yearly injury to happen on the field, and not in the ring."

On TV, I'd put Joey Styles promo on Lawler and the WWE in general pretty high.

And at Wrestlemania 15 my friend almost cried when DX broke up.

Anybody Thrilla
06-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Your "friend". I'm sure. Have a tissue, mate.

glanville6
06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
No, I promise it was my friend. It was the first pay per view I ever saw, and I was just getting into wrestling. And he was jumping up and down when Chyna and HHH got back together and almost in tears when he pedigreed X-Pac. I don't think I ever cried over anything wrestling related... just when the Cubs lose in the playoffs.

Vastardikai
06-08-2010, 11:48 PM
WCW House show at McCallister(sp?) Field House in Charleston, SC in 1990. The match was, IIRC, Terrence Taylor vs. Beautiful Bobby. I was front row and Bobby almost knocked Taylor into my lap. My dad had to stop me from getting up and kicking him. I still remember that he had nacho chips stuck to his back when he got up.

Main Event that night was Barry Windham and Sid vs. El Gigante and Brian Pillman in a steel cage.

BillyBonez
06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Steve Austin.

Beer.

Truck.

Nuff Said.