PDA

View Full Version : NXT on Raw (Spoilers)

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
I wanted to make a thread about this instead of putting this in the Raw thread because it might run long and I was going to mention some other stuff not really associated with Raw. I meant to post this last night, but my internet was being an asshole.

I'll begin by saying last's nights ending to the show was not just one of the best endings I have seen in a long time, it was one of the best endings I've ever seen on a wrestlign show period. Sometimes I get the quesiton from people on why I still watch wrestling or I even ask myself that. Well I watch wreslting waiting for moments like last night. The type of moments that leave you shocked, make you mark out, and leave you craving for more.

I thought the segment was perfectly done. The intensity on the NXT guys was amazing. You really believed they wanted to fuck stuff up. Every single one of them played this off perfectly. I also got to give credit to the writers for having them attack CM Punk and then I got to give credit to Punk for trying to fight back at the end there. The attack on CM Punk showed they had no allegiance to anybody. The attack on all the announcers and officials was just something you just don't see ever anymore. Fuck, that stuff didn't even happen in the Attitude era. They just laid out everyone.

Bryan Danielson talking shit to Cena while he was laid out was incredible. Great reaction by him. The writers and wrestlers did a lot of little things that made this whole segment work overall. The crowd ate it up as well, which was great to see. So kudos to everyone for pulling that off. Fucking awesome stuff.

Now, I do want to bring up some other points because I couldn't help but think about this after the segment. Last night's segment showed me the writers understand how to write an intense/make an impact segment. Where the fuck has this segment been for the last 10 years? Where was it in 2001 (WCW) where was it in 2002 (Nwo) Where was it in 2005? (ECW) where was it in 2008 (Legacy). There's a lot of other examples. I mean, they gave these NXT guys the biggest rub of thier wrestling lives last night, but it just irks me that I've been waiting for this segment forever and they book it for the NXT guys. I just really hope that they take them somewhere and it wasn't just to get Season 2 over. If we see Bryan Danielson challenging Cena for the Title at Summerslam, fuck I'll be very happy and everything would have been worth it. But if they do nothing for the next few weeks, then that would really suck.

The WWE has something here and I hope they can keep rolling with it. We can potentialy get months worth of storylines here. You can take this thing to Survivor Series to finally end it. The hardest part is going to be making people care about the Rookies. Last night definately put them in the driver seat. I just hope they can keep this momentum going.

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I think that's my longest post in like 3 years

Xero
06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
WWE got over every single one of the rookies last night. I never thought I'd see the day where I cared about fucking Slater or Otunga or Tarver.

If they don't follow up on this huge they're making the biggest mistake they could possibly make at this point. This is going to get people talking. People say that things are "nWo-esq" or "Attitude Era-esq", but last night it was legitimately that.

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Somebody posted in the Raw thread that they should do an angle where the NXT guys took out Taker. I think it could work, because then we he does come back, all hell would break loose.

I'm with you though in the fact that I think this should go until Survivor Series and ultimately end in an 8 on 8 Survivor Series style match between the 8 NXT guys and let's say: Cena, Punk, Gallows, Mercury (Masked SES guy), Taker, Kane, Miz, and Chris Masters. (To give Masters something to do.) Have the match go for a bit and make it all come down to as you said, Cena and Danielson. It could go either way really.

The thing you have to wonder about this angle is though, who is the mastermind pulling all of the strings here? HBK? HHH? Cole? Vince? Bret? Jericho? That will make this storyline all the better when we find out whose behind it all, if anyone at all.

YoungFlyFlashy
06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Man forget SS. This should all come down to WM 27! Seriously, I believe they have what it takes to make it go that long. SS is easy enough to do a classic style survivor seris match, then it's elimination chamber correct afterwards? That speaks for itself, RR would be easy, then its on to "The Road to WM".

Xero
06-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Is it giving WWE too much credit to say that the entire NXT season was a setup to this? I think back to Sheffield's final promo and it was good and intense. Maybe the whole point was to put these guys in ridiculous gimmicks and make them do ridiculous shit only for them to break out like they did.

Probably is giving them too much credit, but it just happens to seem like that and it works.

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 10:36 AM
To Xero's first reply

I agree. I bet all you guys in chat were marking out. I usually never shut my computer off during Raw, but I had it off last night.

Definately very nWo-esq. Actually, it did remind me of the nWo when they attacked the WCW guys at Universal in 1996.

And when Danielson said "You think you're better then me" to Cena it almost summed up the feelings of every single Indy wrestler and thier fans for the past however many years. That was great

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 10:36 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't think this was just a ploy to get over Season 2, because if it was they would have had the Season 2 guys attack.

Plus, they just looked unified - and wore matching armbands. This looks like a legit stable. I really loved seeing guys who appeared to be run-of-the-mill babyfaces ike Slater, Gabriel, Young, etc. just do a 180 and look like total badasses.

There are just SO many places they can go with this - and I hope they don't drop the ball.

I often hear people who have recently been released from WWE say they tend to run a lot of shit on the fly, and things change by the minute - but this really does seem like something that has been planned out for a very long time.</font>

YoungFlyFlashy
06-08-2010, 10:39 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't think this was just a ploy to get over Season 2, because if it was they would have had the Season 2 guys attack.

Plus, they just looked unified - and wore matching armbands. This looks like a legit stable. I really loved seeing guys who appeared to be run-of-the-mill babyfaces ike Slater, Gabriel, Young, etc. just do a 180 and look like total badasses.

There are just SO many places they can go with this - and I hope they don't drop the ball.

I often hear people who have recently been released from WWE say they tend to run a lot of shit on the fly, and things change by the minute - but this really does seem like something that has been planned out for a very long time.</font>

Funny because when wrestlers use to leave ECW or WCW for WWE/F they use to say the samething about them, and thus that being the reason they went to WWE and were so happy at their new home.

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Do you think it would be wise to have the season 2 guys face the season 1 guys in an 8 vs 8 match?

Xero
06-08-2010, 10:42 AM
At this point I don't think there will be a season 2. They may try to go head with it for a few weeks but the NXT1 guys are going to make it hell for them.

At least, I hope so.

Innovator
06-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Good to see Cena get his fucking head kicked in

YoungFlyFlashy
06-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Do you think it would be wise to have the season 2 guys face the season 1 guys in an 8 vs 8 match?

I don't think so. I believe season 1 and 2 guys should be seperated. Season 1 are acting like this because they went through NXT already and felt disrespected and embarassed, so this is their reaction.

Season 2 guys are just happy for their big break in the business, and their not trying to burn bridges, their just trying to compete and impress, and not be so unappreciate like season 1 guys.

Thats how I would approach, Season 1 and Season 2 could not really care for eachother. It would be like the graduating class paying to much attention to the Senior class, whats the point?

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
At this point I don't think there will be a season 2. They may try to go head with it for a few weeks but the NXT1 guys are going to make it hell for them.

At least, I hope so.

I do too. If they don't show up tonight and wreck havoc, I'll be rather displeased tbh. I'll have become the yellow shirt fan.

Innovator
06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
NXT 2 cast does things the "right way", they want to work their way up the ladder.

NXT 1 isn't taking shit from anyone.

Seasons clash at Survivor Series, 8 on 8 boils down to Kaval vs. Dragon.

Fuck it, as long as at some point I get Kaval vs. Dragon, I'm happy.

Xero
06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
NXT was what disrespected them and embarrassed them. It doesn't make sense for them to completely ignore NXT.

I'm hoping for this to be a war against WWE, not just RAW. I want to see them invade every show.

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
<font color=goldenrod>If there IS any interaction between the Season 1 and Season 2 guys, I could see Michael McGillicutty being like "Yeah, fuck WWE they stuck me with a shitty name. I am Joe Hennig" or even Michael Hennig, or whatever

That is, if this stable is meant to be an anti-WWE stable, and not just a "let's make an impact" stable</font>

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
NXT 2 cast does things the "right way", they want to work their way up the ladder.

NXT 1 isn't taking shit from anyone.

Seasons clash at Survivor Series, 8 on 8 boils down to Kaval vs. Dragon.

Fuck it, as long as at some point I get Kaval vs. Dragon, I'm happy.

:y:

NXT was what disrespected them and embarrassed them. It doesn't make sense for them to completely ignore NXT.

I'm hoping for this to be a war against WWE, not just RAW. I want to see them invade every show.

I agree 100%. Have Punk cut a promo on SD with the SES about how he was "brutally attacked" by a bunch of cowards, only to be jumped again.

<font color=goldenrod>If there IS any interaction between the Season 1 and Season 2 guys, I could see Michael McGillicutty being like "Yeah, fuck WWE they stuck me with a shitty name. I am Joe Hennig" or even Michael Hennig, or whatever

That is, if this stable is meant to be an anti-WWE stable, and not just a "let's make an impact" stable</font>

What's the biggest stable, number wise, to date in the history of the WWE?

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Alliance

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
<font color=goldenrod>tbh, I don't know if they'll appear tonight. They may show up in the crowd or something, but I don't know if they'll wreak havoc.

If they want to cement that this is an anti-WWE stable, bring them out on SmackDown and let them destroy the ring again</font> :D

Innovator
06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
The Alliance, those dasdardly WCW and ECW guys headed by Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, and Shane McMahon

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Alliance

How did I forget about that? FFS!

Well, IMO, there is only 1 man who can stop this NXT problem and that is...
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6384/1198227679fgh8.jpg

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't mind them showing up on NXT, but I would probably keep the two rosters seperated. Maybe just have them show up in the balcony or something. The reason I say that is because they've already attacked John Cena. They laid waste to the highest person on the roster last night. You got to keep attacking high profile guys imo. Showing up on Smackdown and destroying Swagger would be awesome. And they could be behind the Taker attack. fuck yea

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I didn't even read Vito's post, but we're thinking along the same lines

Kane Knight
06-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Twice as long as it needed to be. After a point, I just fast forwarded to the end. Loved it otherwise, though.

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Twice as long as it needed to be. After a point, I just fast forwarded to the end. Loved it otherwise, though.

<font color=goldenrod>I think the only part that dragged on was the second time they were attacking Cena. But even then, it served a point. Each guy got some shots in on the champ.</font>

Favre4Ever
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
For once I can say for certain that I have no idea what they are going to do next.

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Thinking about it, the only way they could REALLY fuck this up is if it was just a one-night only thing, or if they all got jobbed out constantly ala the Alliance. Other than that there is virtually no way to not turn this into an intriguing angle of some sort.</font>

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 11:07 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Thinking about it, the only way they could REALLY fuck this up is if it was just a one-night only thing, or if they all got jobbed out constantly ala the Alliance. Other than that there is virtually no way to not turn this into an intriguing angle of some sort.</font>

Agreed. I don't want to see this potentially amazing angle watered down with Skip Sheffield losing to Hornswoggle or David Otunga jobbing to Primo. That would ruin any and all credibility to this storyline.

James Steele
06-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Oh fuck off.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Sad thing is I could see them jobbing all the nxt guys.

I think what will save most of these guys is they're all from FCW, which is in essence, paying their dues... even Daniel Bryan figured out how to play the game, and knew to go there before getting onto NXT.

Since they are all homegrown, and it's "Vince's" creation, they may actually book the stable super strong.

Or they'll have HHH attack them all in their houses with their wives and ruin the angle. We'll see.

drmayberry7
06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
i loved this ending
its up there with one of the best endings ever

Big Vic
06-08-2010, 11:17 AM
For once I can say for certain that I have no idea what they are going to do next.
You have no idea what they are going to do NXT* ;).....:shifty:

Favre4Ever
06-08-2010, 11:24 AM
now that i KNEW was coming, jesus.

Nark Order
06-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Tb1 and I were pretty much flipping our stacks last night when this happened. So unexpected and there was just a very "chaotic" feeling to it all. It was brilliant.

Really hoping that Cole is somehow in on this and becomes the mouth piece for the group. It would work perfectly tbh with the whole angle where "Cole does things Mr. McMahon tells him to do" that was set up in the Cole/Bryan scrap. To justify it Bryan could come out and say that everything that Cole told him previously was dead on and that he didn't want to be a loser any longer, nor did any of the NXT guys. Cole could then reveal later that McMahon gave him "a project" and that he always does what the boss asks him and he always works 100% at everything he ever does (only to be disrespected).

Dunno, this post might be kind of "noid-esque" but I'm terribly excited about this whole deal.

Nark Order
06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
May be "way the fuck off" here but I just found it suspect that Cole split the hell out of there immediately and escaped a massive ass beating.

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 12:32 PM
oh I thougt he got attacked. didn't even realize he was gone. yea, you may be right then.

Loose Cannon
06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
oh I was also praying for the guy who did the 360 off the top to not fuck that up. I saw a botch happening and I was like please please please hit this.

Londoner
06-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Can't really add anything except that moment also reminded me while i still watch, and i havent been watching wwe shows much these past few weeks other than certain bits when i can be assed, this has got me interested again.

Afterlife
06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
It could simply be that Cole has learned to not hang around when Danielson is in the room. :lol:

However, Evil Cole leading a stable of angry young men could be VERY interesting.

Jordan
06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
oh I was also praying for the guy who did the 360 off the top to not fuck that up. I saw a botch happening and I was like please please please hit this.

Word. That was scary, but he hit it perfectly.

Jeritron
06-08-2010, 01:11 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAUmqhGpWuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAUmqhGpWuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Londoner
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Fucking Smarks. "Oh NXT is so terrible." "NXT sucks!" Now, " I can't stop jerking my cock, Bryan Danielson standing over Cena, omg!!!"

Hang yourselves you cocksuckers.

what a dull troll you are.

erickman
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
i always liked tarver he looks like a good heel, glad they did that last night tarver looks like one of there leaders.

Skippord
06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Fucking Smarks. "Oh NXT is so terrible." "NXT sucks!" Now, " I can't stop jerking my cock, Bryan Danielson standing over Cena, omg!!!"

Hang yourselves you cocksuckers.
How will I suck a cock if I'm hanging myself?

Jeritron
06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I thought NXT was great from the get go. If this lives up to half it's potential it could be the best thing they've done in forever.

Last night's ending is the best thing the company has done since back when they had an F on the end of their name. Maybe longer.

Skippord
06-08-2010, 01:23 PM
they made Justin Gabriel look badass, I did not think that that was possible

Londoner
06-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Just stating facts retard. Point me towards one thread that had the words "NXT is good," or "NXT is interesting." You can't because no one said it. Until last night when you Indy lovers had your dicks in your hand watching Danielson trash talk Cena.

We are praising the wwe for doing something good, if we didnt then you would moan we complain all the time. Try your best to get your head out your arse before you talk to me again, cheers. :)

Skippord
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Either or, you are still a queer.
are you hitting on me?

Jeritron
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99968&highlight=nxt+thread

Skippord
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Tyler Killer is sexually harrassing me

The Jayman
06-08-2010, 01:29 PM
and you don't have to take it

Skippord
06-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Tyler Killer wants to roleplay with me apparently

Skippord
06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Even after the NXT invasion I hate Heath Slater

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Tyler Killer, he's so bad he makes TAEF seem bearable.

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Even after the NXT invasion I hate Heath Slater

I think we can all agree on that thought Skippord. He needs to adopt the Ginger Ninja gimmick. Might make him worth watching.

Londoner
06-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't mind heath slater, not sure why people hate him.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I still don't really have faith that this'll work out... but at least we got one moment of sheer awesomeness. The first time fans have truly been thrown for a loop.

Wolfpack423
06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
That was one of the best endings to RAW. It managed to get every NXT rookie over and I want to see where WWE goes with this. They could call them the Next Generation or the Winds of Change if they decide to make them a faction like the Alliance was. They didn't touch Michael Cole which makes me believe in storylines he'll be behind this. Cole is currently my favorite of all the announcers. it was great seeing Striker booted down by Sheffield as I can't stand Striker right now. Justin Roberts and Mark Yeaton were taken out too. Cena put over every rookie and Punk even tried helping him at one point. I think they will take out Orton and Barrett will be in the Fatal Four Way.

ON A SIDENOTE: Did anyone catch the guy sitting behind King and Cole that looked like Orlando Jordan?

Vastardikai
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
The Justin Roberts part was fucking hilarious.

Volare
06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I think they could use the whole ending segment from Ses.1 NXT to their advantage too. Cut a promo talking about after all their hard work they had to keep the spotlight on themselves instead of the NXT guys. So they decided to take the spotlight from them on RAW.

It would be pretty crazy if they showed up on Smackdown and did the same thing.

Splaya
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Here's the thing. Barrett alluded to it in his promo during the middle of RAW. Then they come out and do this badass attack. I have no doubt that Cole is behind this because remember, when this entire beat down was going on, the NXT rookies had surrounded the ring. So if Cole bails, then how does one of them not grab him and beat his ass. It's going to be reallllll interesting to see the way they handle the angle tonight. I would have them show up on NXT tonight, but not do anything. Just in that, we can be anywhere we want badass type sequence.

Nicky Fives
06-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I see an NXT1 versus NXT2 feud coming...... but that's just me.....

Splaya
06-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't want that, unless the NXT1 rooks go after the NXT2 pros

VSG
06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I see an NXT1 versus NXT2 feud coming...... but that's just me.....

Apparently Kaval wrote “After what I just saw, I think Cena may need a little help handling NXT1….” on his twitter account. Might suggest what you said.

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Poor Fink got his ass beat too. :(

Londoner
06-08-2010, 03:37 PM
this angle has also done the impossible, it has actually made Cena interesting/what he's gonna do next.

Innovator
06-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Apparently Kaval wrote “After what I just saw, I think Cena may need a little help handling NXT1….” on his twitter account. Might suggest what you said.
mmmmm, double stomp to the ginger

drmayberry7
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
It would be pretty crazy if they showed up on Smackdown and did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I hope the do this.

Krimzon7
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM

While Xero, with his exponentially growing insight for the biz, made a great post about a potential plot line for Season 2, We could be missing the BIGGEST PICTURE.

A third Brand.

It's no secret Superstars sucks, and this is literally a wasted hour of wrestling. Why not have SD! on Syfy, and make NXT the shit on WGN?

Ermaximus
06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Krimzon, I don't know if having a 3rd brand is the answer. It's been proven that it doesn't work and I'd hate to see them squander these guys on a show that could potentially never take off.

jskinnyg
06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Tb1 and I were pretty much flipping our stacks last night when this happened. So unexpected and there was just a very "chaotic" feeling to it all. It was brilliant.

Really hoping that Cole is somehow in on this and becomes the mouth piece for the group. It would work perfectly tbh with the whole angle where "Cole does things Mr. McMahon tells him to do" that was set up in the Cole/Bryan scrap. To justify it Bryan could come out and say that everything that Cole told him previously was dead on and that he didn't want to be a loser any longer, nor did any of the NXT guys. Cole could then reveal later that McMahon gave him "a project" and that he always does what the boss asks him and he always works 100% at everything he ever does (only to be disrespected).

Dunno, this post might be kind of "noid-esque" but I'm terribly excited about this whole deal.

THIS Is exactly what I said to the guys I was watching RAW with last night... I said that it was very interesting that Cole was not there at all... I would LOVE to se that the COLE/BRYAN thing was a set up and they are setting up NXT to be some kind of new faction/show...

Think about it, this is another way to start a new brand and get everybody watching... Well, that is my dream response... What I really think that WWE did here was get EVERYBODY to watch NXT tonight...

but they do need to roll with this because we were all sitting around saying what a waste of a 3 hour RAW that was (Except for the dance off) and then BOOM, the last 10 minutes was one of the best segments in wrestling I have EVER seen.... Was very NWO to me... all 8 of those rookies will be remembered now no matter what they do again... even the shitty ones...

jskinnyg
06-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh, and what I meant was that COLE set all of this up and is like the new Bischoff/eveil mastermind, etc... basically what some of you guys are thinking...

Anybody Thrilla
06-08-2010, 06:15 PM
...It's no secret Superstars sucks...

No. The secret is that Superstars DOESN'T suck. Some of the best matches of the week are on it.

McLegend
06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I really liked it. Really screamed of NWO which is great.

One quick little thing. 6 weeks ago not even 8 of them couldn't beat Kane. Then they suddenly can lay waste to the entire WWE? C'mon

Also TNA tries to end every fucking show like that and have totally failed everytime. TNA should really be killing themselves if they watched that last night. WWE did a TNA thing much better then TNA could ever dream to do.

Awesome ending to the show.

Splaya
06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Rumor has it from the main page that the full FCW roster including the NXT1 and NXT2 rookies are backstage tonight. :love:

Volare
06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe the FCW guys are sick of being "held back" by the main WWE card.

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Rumor has it from the main page that the full FCW roster including the NXT1 and NXT2 rookies are backstage tonight. :love:

<font color=goldenrod>Hell yes. Can't wait to see where this leads.

I highly doubt NXT 2 is going to go through without a hitch. Prolly will be a ton of disruptions from FCW guys or whatever. Maybe that could be their storyline explanation for when the show goes off the air in October :o Too much chaos.</font>

VSG
06-08-2010, 07:18 PM

What rumour? I can't see it.

Anybody Thrilla
06-08-2010, 07:29 PM
He just told you it was a rumor. Where else do you have to see it?

Droford
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Wade Barrett's gonna get Orton's spot at Fatal 4 Way, thats pretty much obvious. Id go as far as to say that he wins the belt by pinning Sheamus or Edge but not Cena. Barrett won't give Cena a rematch (or if he does NXT screws Cena over with interference) and Cena's forced to compete in the MITB match at the PPV to get a title shot.

Nark Order
06-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Wade Barrett's gonna get Orton's spot at Fatal 4 Way, thats pretty much obvious. Id go as far as to say that he wins the belt by pinning Sheamus or Edge but not Cena. Barrett won't give Cena a rematch (or if he does NXT screws Cena over with interference) and Cena's forced to compete in the MITB match at the PPV to get a title shot.

This actually would be an incredible idea. With that said, this is so not going to happen.

loopydate
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Been watching NXT with my girlfriend. She's not a wrestling fan at all, but she started to get used to the "reality" aspect, and she was actually interested in some of the rookies after a while.

She came home from work at like 10:30 last night, and I'm watching RAW, telling her how absolutely horrible the show has been up until that point, and maybe I ought to just turn it off. Then Punk wins the vote, and she sort of likes Punk from his NXT stuff, so I figured I'd at least see how this stupid train wreck of a show ends.

And then the best ending to a wrestling show in the better part of a decade happens and, honest to God, I think they may have turned my girlfriend into a wrestling fan last night.

Xero
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Next I want them to actually destroy the production truck. Not nWo "we're invading it" or whatever, but take hammers and crowbars and shit and just wreck it.

Droford
06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Next I want them to actually destroy the production truck. Not nWo "we're invading it" or whatever, but take hammers and crowbars and shit and just wreck it.

Maybe they've got an old one that they could blow up?

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Hmm, with the whole FCW roster being there...wonder if we'll get 60 minutes of Richie Steamboat hitting armdrags on everybody.</font>

Anybody Thrilla
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
.....is his name really Richie?

Kane Knight
06-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Maybe the FCW guys are sick of being "held back" by Edge and Christian.

Droford
06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
.....is his name really Richie?

Apparently so, but when he shows up on WWE he will be called

(loads WWE Rookie Name generator)...

Duke White

Evil Vito
06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.fcwwrestling.info/images/talent/richie_steamboat.jpg

XCaliber
06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
There are already 2 heels in Sheamus and Edge in the match already unless next week they are all taken out and Cena is forced to face Barrett, Danielsson, and someone else is their place.

Droford
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Steve Austin: “well that was interesting.. that RAW ending reminds me of one time when we were filming The Condemned in Australia..on my day off i went swimming in the ocean…and was attacked by 23 great white sharks…the story gets very bloody and gory so i will not tweet the details..but i actually missed…one day of filming because i had to sew an arm and one of my hands back on..and i needed a day of rest so i could heal up 100%…anyhoo..we finished filming the Condemned and i still cant believe i didnt get an Oscar nomination for my turn as Jack Conrad..i was robbed.”

Krimzon7
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Krimzon, I don't know if having a 3rd brand is the answer. It's been proven that it doesn't work and I'd hate to see them squander these guys on a show that could potentially never take off.

ECW was clearly not booked right, or promoted right. My post hinges on one absolutely critical fact....

That WWE Creative would have learned their lesson about writing a shit show like ECW. If Vinnie wants a third brand, to develop talent in a AAA 'brand' then what better way than the NXT Platform... This somewhat ties into another counterpoint:

No. The secret is that Superstars DOESN'T suck. Some of the best matches of the week are on it.

The matches are excellent, but ratings wise, SUperstars sucks. why? There's nothing original here. It's pure wrestling, without necessary drama and build up. Sometimes you see some angles spill over, but this show is for wrestling purists...and they aren't tuning in. If you put the kind of pop into NXT that we saw last night, more people will be trying to figure out if they actually have WGN America in their programming package than now.

Alls Im Saying.

Anybody Thrilla
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
You really think that something sucks because not a lot of people watch it? Surely there's a better way of saying what you were trying to say.

Jeritron
06-09-2010, 12:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/jedipete33/nwonxt.png

Krimzon7
06-09-2010, 12:16 AM
You really think that something sucks because not a lot of people watch it? Surely there's a better way of saying what you were trying to say.
Okay, ahem, perhaps the ratings don't suck....
They leave a lot to be desired from Vince McMahon and his financial stakeholders.

I was gonna go with a witty acronym like Severely Uderperforming Considering that Kids love WWE!

BollywoodSingh
06-09-2010, 12:40 AM
That was awesome. Best closing to Raw in years. The only thing I didn't like was that CM Punk was involved. It should have been Cena vs. a babyface in the main event.

Evil Vito
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I can't help but feel a little leery every time they do a hostile takeover/invasion/make a statement/whatever storyline.

There will always be this one fleeting moment of awesome, which is good. But if next week they have Wade Barrett come out and it turns out he planned this with the rookies just to make a statement, and nothing more than that...they will have just wasted their best angle in nearly a decade.

Fortunately, the conclusion of the NXT Season 2 premiere is making me think this will be a long-term angle, which is awesome. Hope they don't drop the ball here, because they have the chance to make a legit main eventer (Barrett) plus make some other guys in the group (Bryan) look really strong.</font>

Londoner
06-09-2010, 09:30 AM
That was awesome. Best closing to Raw in years. The only thing I didn't like was that CM Punk was involved. It should have been Cena vs. a babyface in the main event.

You're an idiot. CM Punk being involved makes it more awesome than it would've been.

Ermaximus
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Dude, having Punk and Gallows get their shit kicked in makes the whole angle way better because it shows that the season 1 NXT guys have NO alliances other than themselves, and whoever is pulling the strings. If they had just jumped Cena and left everyone else, the angle wouldn't have been nearly as good as it was.

Evil Vito
06-09-2010, 10:34 AM
<font color=goldenrod>For what it's worth...imagine if NXT and this storyline happened in early 2002?

Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, John Cena, Batista, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Rob Conway, and Nick Dinsmore might have all been in on it. Imagine those guys running out during Raw, beating up Triple H and Jericho, attacking King and JR, destroying everything, etc.

Wonder if any of their careers would have been hampered by being involved in this as opposed to them being able to cement their own legacy.</font>

Jeritron
06-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Dude, having Punk and Gallows get their shit kicked in makes the whole angle way better because it shows that the season 1 NXT guys have NO alliances other than themselves, and whoever is pulling the strings. If they had just jumped Cena and left everyone else, the angle wouldn't have been nearly as good as it was.

Jeritron
06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Remind me to give you a rep Ermax. I'm maxed out

Ermaximus
06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Remind me to give you a rep Ermax. I'm maxed out

I'll do my best to remind you my friend.

BillyBonez
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/jedipete33/nwonxt.png

ROFL, Gabriel look so cute there :love:

Poit
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Really hoping that Cole is somehow in on this and becomes the mouth piece for the group.

Here's how I want next week's Raw to end:

The NXT rookies head to the ring, with no entrance music. Barrett gets a mic and starts talking, but is interrupted by Cena. Cena leads the NXT season 1 pros down, and they have a huge brawl in & around the ring. After a bit, Jericho hits a Codebreaker out of nowhere on Cena, who then stumbles into [insert NXT rookie here]'s finisher.

After King & Jericho get over the shock of Jericho siding with the rookies, King makes a comment about how someone needs to go even the odds, and he starts heading to the ring - when Cole hits King from behind with a chair. With Jericho's help, the rookies best Cena & the pros.

Raw closes with the rookies & Jericho in the ring, arms raised. Cole gets in the ring with a mic and says just two words: "Vintage invasion".

Damian Rey
06-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Here's how I want next week's Raw to end:

The NXT rookies head to the ring, with no entrance music. Barrett gets a mic and starts talking, but is interrupted by Cena. Cena leads the NXT season 1 pros down, and they have a huge brawl in & around the ring. After a bit, Jericho hits a Codebreaker out of nowhere on Cena, who then stumbles into [insert NXT rookie here]'s finisher.

After King & Jericho get over the shock of Jericho siding with the rookies, King makes a comment about how someone needs to go even the odds, and he starts heading to the ring - when Cole hits King from behind with a chair. With Jericho's help, the rookies best Cena & the pros.

Raw closes with the rookies & Jericho in the ring, arms raised. Cole gets in the ring with a mic and says just two words: "Vintage invasion".

I'd prefer "Vintage Swerve". But other than that, this idea would be amazing. The only thing is how do you have both Cole and Bryan in the same group?

Poit
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Narc suggested a way to do it:

It would work perfectly tbh with the whole angle where "Cole does things Mr. McMahon tells him to do" that was set up in the Cole/Bryan scrap. To justify it Bryan could come out and say that everything that Cole told him previously was dead on and that he didn't want to be a loser any longer, nor did any of the NXT guys. Cole could then reveal later that McMahon gave him "a project" and that he always does what the boss asks him and he always works 100% at everything he ever does (only to be disrespected).

Damian Rey
06-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Narc suggested a way to do it:

I'm still kind of meh to it, if only for the reason that Bryan fueding with Cole an calling out the WWE machine gave him a different level of connection with the fan base.

Savio
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I bet NXT was hired by the ring crew to make disassembling the ring and mats easier after the show.

Mr. Nerfect
06-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I missed RAW, but I caught it at the end of NXT 2, which was awesome. Now, don't get me wrong -- I did like the angle -- but there are some little elements I don't like. I figured that Bryan Danielson would do fine on his own as a babyface entity. To be honest, I could easily find ways to bring Darren Young, Justin Gabriel, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver and the like. David Otunga is probably not ready, and Heath Slater could find his way up in time. Granted, this got them all there in an instant, and got them all over.

They seem to be beyond general heel status. N8 will take the fight to anyone. They had a dream dangled in front of them -- and now it is gone. It's interesting that Wade Barrett has aligned himself with them, though. He got what he needed from NXT. It'll be interesting to see who they put behind the group, although it looks like Wade Barrett is calling the shots. I think that is all they need. Leave Michael Cole out of it.

Evan Bourne should be the one who ends up taking Randy Orton's place in the main event, in my opinion (with the NXT guys being the one to take Orton out), but have Cena retain the WWE Title at Fatal Four Way, only for Wade Barrett to come in and cash in his PPV title shot right there and then. It'd be Money in the Bank-esque, but that sets up the next PPV perfectly. Barrett can then walk out of FFW the first English WWE Champion in history, with the NXT guys celebrating with him on RAW as they present Barrett with a newly designed WWE Title belt. Something a bit more "classy" than the current design. They can destroy the old belt as a way of symbolically destroying the WWE.

As for how I would keep this going next: Kick off RAW with a surprise visit from Shawn Michaels. HBK can say that he watches RAW with his kids, and the actions of eight men last week disturbed him, but he is close enough to one man to be genuinely personally hurt by his action's. Michaels says that Daniel Bryan is not an official part of the WWE, but HBK called Bret Hart and said that he may not owe him any favours, but please invite Bryan to RAW, and tell everyone on the RAW brand that out of any respect they have for Bret, and out of any respect they have for Shawn Michaels, to not lay a hand on him until they've had a talk. He says that he knows Daniel Bryan is backstage, so he wants him to come out right now.

Daniel Bryan walks out to the ring to no music (but hopefully a chorus of boos) with a microphone in his hand. As he approaches the ring, Bryan starts to talk with a really cocky attitude. He can open by saying that he wanted them to play "The Final Countdown" by Europe, but for some reason they didn't like it. Basically, the promo would have Shawn Michaels try to get answers out of "Daniel Bryan," with Bryan then going into worked-shoot mode on HBK. Something like that could be tremendous. Especially if HBK brought up how Mark Yeaton and Justin Roberts got hurt, and Bryan could point out he never laid a finger on them.

Things get heated between HBK and Bryan Danielson (as he calls himself during the promo), and Danielson eventually goes off about how Cena always says "If you want some, come get some" well he's making the same challenge to Cena now. In doing so, he turns towards the stage, and HBK gets in position to give Danielson the Sweet Chin Music, but Danielson is too cunning, and catches the kick when he turns around, and then starts beating on Shawn Michaels.

Something like that could be really epic.

Poit
06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Especially if HBK brought up how Mark Yeaton and Justin Roberts got hurt, and Bryan could point out he never laid a finger on them.

Other than when Bryan was choking Roberts with his tie. That part was edited out of the replay. :p

Savio
06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Let HBK stay retired.

Mooияakeя™
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
So they are pretty much called "The Network" now? Well if u put 2 and 2 together etc.

VSG
06-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd prefer "Vintage Swerve". But other than that, this idea would be amazing. The only thing is how do you have both Cole and Bryan in the same group?

:'(:'(:'(:'(

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Other than when Bryan was choking Roberts with his tie. That part was edited out of the replay. :p

Yeah, totally missed that. Turns out it's become such a big deal, too.

Evil Vito
06-12-2010, 10:59 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Tune into RAW when the NXT Guys show up and hand out hugs, cupcakes, ice cream, teddy bears, and "Vote Linda" buttons and T-shirts.</font>

blake639raw
06-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Does anybody know where i can find the original video unedited online? I'm trying to find it again, but I can't. Rep to whoever can help.