PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy's Legacy (Try not to laugh too hard)

Next Big Thing
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
He has damn near 15 years with the WWF/E and The Hardy Boyz were one of the greatest tag teams of all time. I know he's been making a clown of himself lately, but when it's all said and done, what will be your lasting impression of Matt Hardy... or at least skinny Matt Hardy.

Loose Cannon
06-14-2010, 05:01 PM
The last thing I watched with Matt Hardy was his feud with MVP, so I still have a positive view on Hardy

thedamndest
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't think the Hardyz were really even one of the greatest tag teams of all times. They had a good thing with E&C and The Dudleys with the ladders, but beyond that there really wasn't much. I think his legacy will be "the guy in the Hardy Boyz who was not Jeff" and then "Jeff Hardy's brother."

The Ravishing One
06-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Being the Marty Janetty of the Hardys.

BigDaddyCool
06-14-2010, 05:23 PM
What is he doing? I haven't been paying attention.

thedamndest
06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Completely forgot about the MVP program. I guess he had a decent run as ECW champion too. Seems like everything decent he has done in his singles career I have managed to forget about because none of it has really amounted to anything. Just very inconsistent booking. None of it is really his fault. He's either a total jobber or a huge star. The Kane of the 220-pound guys.

BigDaddyCool
06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
True, he is pretty much used and a gate keeper/work horse because his heat remains constant no matter what.

Favre4Ever
06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
though his feud with Jeff didn't make much sense it was probably the best thing he's done since V1.

jskinnyg
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Completely forgot about the MVP program. I guess he had a decent run as ECW champion too. Seems like everything decent he has done in his singles career I have managed to forget about because none of it has really amounted to anything. Just very inconsistent booking. None of it is really his fault. He's either a total jobber or a huge star. The Kane of the 220-pound guys.

Was totally gonna compare him to Kane... If he was to ever jump ship, it would be the end of his career...

Nicky Fives
06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I will remember Matt Hardy as the guy Lita dumped to be with Edge.....

Testicle
06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll remember him as an underachiever that could have done so much more if he would have kept his mind on his work and kept himself in shape.

teamXtremist
06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
they were one of the best tag teams but as a singles star hes never really gotten over.His ecw title run should of been longer and he should of been allowed to beat swagger.

After edge kicked his head in and ended one of the best wwe feuds going matt has basically been mid card jobber

Ill remember his version 1 gimmick,all his tlc and ladder matches,watching evander holyfield kick his ass and his wrestle mania win v mysterio for the curiserweight title

Schlomey
06-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I will remember the TLC matches. I will remember MATT HARDY WILL NEVER DIE. I will remember some of his early Myspace blogs where he actually made sense. I will remember his involvement in the Money In The Bank matches. I will remember (fondly) Matt Hardy V.1. I'll try and forget the last 2 years completely.

VSG
06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
The guy partly responsible for Live Sex Celebration on Raw.

Schlomey
06-14-2010, 06:00 PM
yea his battle for Lita with Edge was pretty good. I remember a sorta shitty summerslam match that ended up with him getting a bloodbath and the match having to be called. Pretty gruesome.

DAMN iNATOR
06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
What is he doing? I haven't been paying attention.

He and Drew McIntyre have been feuding for a while now. He's been "suspended" from SmackDown! for a while now, and Drew and Kofi were competing in a match for the IC title and Hardy was sitting in the front row, and cost Drew the title with a distraction, then came in after the match and hit Drew with a Twist of Fate and fled the arena with security hot on his tail. Last Monday he fought McIntyre on RAW, being the "mystery opponent" choice in a Viewer's Choice match, who the crowd picked overwhelmingly over the other choices. This was allowed, because, as Theodore Long put it, Hardy was suspended from SD!, not RAW. Hardy won, but the following SD! this past Friday, Drew called out Long and told him that he had used a loophole to have the match Monday with himself and Hardy, and that per Mr. McMahon's orders, Hardy was indefinitely suspended from both RAW and SmackDown! Moments later, as Long was in his office, trying to reach Mr. McMahon, McIntyre came in and said that he was facing Long this Friday in a match, and that, per Mr. McMahon's orders, if Long failed to show up for the match, he would be fired.

CSL
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
He's a solid hand that will probably have a job for as long as he wants providing he doesn't put his foot in it given the fact that he's A. Pretty good and B. over. His chance of ever being World champion are probably long gone by now but there are many worse/less valuable guys knocking around. I'll remember him for the original Hardys/E & C/Dudleys 'feud' and Matt Facts (as well as being a solid hand that will probably have a job for as long as wants blah blah)

Jonathan KoЯn
06-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Matt Hardy is crazy but he doesnt take shit from anyone and I like his style

MoFo
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
He is shit, and has always been shit.

Jonathan KoЯn
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Hes no Jeff, but he is himself so props on that

Verbose Minch
06-14-2010, 07:19 PM
He is shit, and has always been shit.

I'm gonna have to disagree here.

A couple years ago, he was consistantly putting on the best matches in the company with MVP and the like.

MoFo
06-14-2010, 07:48 PM
His feuds with Evan Bourne and Mark Henry were watchable I guess, but he's never really interested me as a singles guy, and even as a tag team I preferrred Jeff.

Verbose Minch
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Check out his feud with MVP. That was grade A stuff. :)

TGR
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
He pretty much ran OMEGA and more-or-less responsible for just about every name in that organization becoming mainstreamed in some way.

He's pretty much the Gangrel. He's a springboard for others.

Jordan
06-15-2010, 02:51 AM
He makes me laugh since his return, not in a good way. But yeah you have to have respect for him, he is a total pro and seems to give it all hes got left every night.

Vastardikai
06-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Matt's probably a Lifer. I could totally see him become a "Producer" once his wrestling days are done.

DAMN iNATOR
06-15-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree here.

A couple years ago, he was consistantly putting on the best matches in the company with MVP and the like.

Yeah, and let's not forget he was United States Champion for a little while, and even held the US title at least for part of his time on ECW. Now as far as I know the only other titleholders to make appearances on ECW to have held any belts other than the ECW title were the Unified Tag Team Champions. I may be reading too much into it, but I do think it's a testament to the fact that Hardy can always be at least a solid mid-upper carder, even if he never is ME or World Heavyweight Championship-caliber.

Rammsteinmad
06-15-2010, 06:17 AM
He could have achieved so much more than he has, but was always gonna ignored in favour of his 'crazy bumping' brother.

Mr. JL
06-15-2010, 06:50 AM
I don't think much of Matt Hardy to be honest.

Mr. JL
06-15-2010, 06:51 AM
He's kind of just there sometimes and it's like, 'oh yeah, that guy'.

Gertner
06-15-2010, 06:57 AM
His greatest accomplishment will probably be beating Joey Chesnutt and Kobiyashi in the 4th of July hot dog eating contest.

Next Big Thing
06-15-2010, 02:11 PM
The next big thing didnt have a response so he just neg repped me, what a fuckin pussy. Obviously it proves im right and he is wrong. And dude, you 'own' me?? You are a fuckin retard for even thinking that sitting in your basement wiping up your obese tears with your keyboard. You keep thinkin that if it makes you happy/horny/whatever you feel. LOSER

I do this for fun. The fact that you try to portray yourself as flippant and indifferent to these forums, yet you have over 1,000 posts and I have 15 messages all from you and let me not forget your feared gray dot.

Your insults are lagging as well. Calling people fat, telling them they live in their mother's basement, and wishing they die of Aids gets old after awhile. Are you that limited in your thought process or do you merely project your pathetic life onto others? As I said before, I OWN YOU, and the fact that you respond to every little thing I do proves it. Now run along boy.

Favre4Ever
06-15-2010, 04:22 PM
also I remember the excuse they presented for Matt and Jeff becoming friends again after a semi violent feud being pretty pathetic.

was pretty much an Undertaker/Kane answer...."BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER!!!"

XCaliber
06-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Never really liked him he always came across as a total dumbass he's actually made me appreciate Drew McIntyre for crying out loud that's pretty sad come to think of it.

YoungFlyFlashy
06-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Jeff's brother...that was easy.

Anybody Thrilla
06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll remember him as an underachiever that could have done so much more if he would have kept his mind on his work and kept himself in shape.

We're talking about Matt, not Jeff.

RP
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
bring back matt hardy facts

Joesgonnakillyou
06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Not everyone can be a Main eventer and he's been involved in a bunch of good stuff. Most of which has been mentioned here. He's loads of good matches and has been mainly entertaining throughout his career.

Y'know, he's a really good mid-carder.

tjmidnight420
06-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Not everyone can be a Main eventer and he's been involved in a bunch of good stuff. Most of which has been mentioned here. He's loads of good matches and has been mainly entertaining throughout his career.

MID CARD 4 LIFE BITCH! :shifty:

DaveWadding
06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Matt doesn't like mustard.

DAMN iNATOR
06-17-2010, 04:54 AM

MID CARD 4 LIFE BITCH! :shifty:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! (done to the intro to Matt's theme...)

Anyways, I just wanted to mention that besides the MVP feud, the only other one that really stands out is one that came of real-life bad blood with a fellow WWE wrestler:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YYH9-Wzhf9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YYH9-Wzhf9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...which led to more violence and bad blood between the two for weeks on RAW, which ultimately led to:

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x1srvc"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x1srvc" width="480" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Great feud. Wish it could've gone on a bit longer though. It was like, blink and you've missed the whole thing, because it only spanned like a month or thereabouts.

Vastardikai
06-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Great feud. Wish it could've gone on a bit longer though. It was like, blink and you've missed the whole thing, because it only spanned like a month or thereabouts.

I wouldn't say "blink and you've missed the whole thing." It did what months of wins over HBK, Benoit, and Kane couldn't do: Make Edge the most hated man in the business at that time.