PDA

View Full Version : Bad 1st Impression

legendkillerRKO
06-15-2010, 03:04 AM
so i was talkin to my friends abut wrestlers who we didn't like at first but have grown to enjoy. My top 3 are:

1) Miz
2) Swagger
3) Sheamus (Fella!)

So just wondering if you guys have any wrestlers that were able to change your minds throughout their career?

The Franchise
06-15-2010, 03:17 AM
I thought Swagger was HORRIBLE initially, but he's one of my favorite (sprite) Rising Stars now.

RKO'em
06-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Rikishi

AKin3D
06-15-2010, 04:30 AM
THE EDGE - I didn't think he be anything, but some failed vampire/goth guy out of the job soon after his wow factor wore off.
Christian - Really his little brother?
Trish - Great more talentless eye candy
Cena - I don't know what to say. I mean do I need to say anything.
Batista - Blah
Miz - He was just that loser from Real World.

Afterlife
06-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Oh, definitely Miz. He was a mess when he started out. But he certainly turned it around, and I've all but forgotten the reality show past.

This anti-hero transformation of Orton is the very first time since before Evolution that I've had ANY interest in the man or seen any legitimate potential.

Could not for the LIFE of me understand why anyone in the world liked rock or Austin when I started watching. They were just a couple selfish cocksmooches. Once I got into the show and began to understand their characters, it all started making sense, but at first, I fucking hated them.

Rammsteinmad
06-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Definitely the Miz. :y:

Cuse8
06-15-2010, 10:38 AM
John Morrison.. when he was initially Bischoff's side kick and went by Jonny Nitro. In his first match he was squashed by Eugene...thats a good start..

VSG
06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
John Morrison.. when he was initially Bischoff's side kick and went by Jonny Nitro. In his first match he was squashed by Eugene...thats a good start..

Lol.. Ya, I remember that but he was never that big to begin with. He more or less made a revamp to his image in ECW and when he came over to Smackdown/Raw he was over as hell.

Ermaximus
06-15-2010, 11:03 AM
The Miz, Sheamus, and CM Punk.

CSL
06-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I enjoyed Morrison/Nitro when he first debuted, he does goofy sidekick quite well.

Xero
06-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Fucking HATED Miz until he broke out as a singles.

Punk I was kind of "whatever" on until he turned heel. I knew he was special (his previous experience aside) but I didn't feel it until the turn.

Sheamus, too, fella.

The Jayman
06-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Christian
Miz
Ziggler

VSG
06-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Hey I marked out like crazy when he cashed in MitB on Edge and all the "Punk wins! Punk wins! Punk wins!" chants came on. But he is seriously a better heel than face.

BollywoodSingh
06-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I can't believe how much I used to hate The Miz even going back to when he was a Tough Enough contestant. Now he's one of my favourite wrestlers.

When Sheamus debuted, I thought he was just going to be another cookie cutter guy from WWE developmental that would bore me. But his overall character and mic work is growing on me.

I didn't know much of CM Punk before WWE and thought he was just an IWC darling. I didn't even like him in his first 2-3 years in WWE as a face. Once he turned heel, he has been awesome.

Wade Barrett just looked like another big guy that couldn't wrestle but he is awesome and has everything you want in a wrestler.

Zack Ryder was bland in his tag team with Curt Hawkins but the new gimmick he has is great.

I didn't think much of Dolph Ziggler at first but now I'm liking his old school, cocky heel gimmick.

The Pope
06-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Kurt Angle
Elijah Burke (Pope)
John Morrison

Goulet
06-15-2010, 12:41 PM
HHH (Hunter Hearst Helmsley the Greenwich snob didn't do it for me)
The Rock (Rocky Maivia was gay)
Stone Cold (The Ringmaster is just such a shitty name I couldn't get on board)

jskinnyg
06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Miz, Swagger, Rhodes, santino...

Jordan
06-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Miz was horrible in the beginning, I don't know of anyone to make such a dramatic improvement in such a short time.

Zack Ryder I still cannot stand. It's the fucking tights, I just hate looking at those tights they confuse my simple mind.

I also want to point out that I have never been a Hulkamaniac, or one of the Warriors. I was one of the Hitmen, and I belonged to an exclusive group known as the Klique.

Beth Phoenix Fan
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
sheamus
Finlay
William Regal
Shane McMahon
JBL
Zack Ryder
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Randy Orton
Paul Burchill

BillyBonez
06-15-2010, 02:34 PM
When Edge and Christian were together I was always like "Edge sux ass, Christian rules". When they first split and Edge was face I HATED HIM especially when he and Hulk Hogan became tag partners. But when Edge became the rated R superstar with Lita I loved him again.

Christian on the other hand went to jobberville (TNA ) and got 1000% worse when he cut his hair and started to look mad ugly. I still dont like Christian, he is mad lame now, but I love Edge he is one of my favorites.

Thats one heck of a turnabout!

Jordan
06-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I'll say!

Skippord
06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Dolph Ziggler

jskinnyg
06-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Def Zac's tights...

Cool King
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Carlito
Chris Masters
Rey Mysterio

XCaliber
06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Honestly I was never that keen on Edge until he came back from his longest hiatus and shortly thereafter became I heel then I was sold. For more recent guys that's easy it'd have to be The Miz he started to really wow me when he stood up to Cena. Ziggler aka Nicky of Spirit Squad to at first I didn't think he was anything special but shortly after joining the SD roster that quickly changed and I hope he gains even more momentum in the near future.

Purgatory
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Sheamus - His use of 'Fella' is just darn hilarious.

CM Punk - Much better heel than a face.

Swagger - Honestly, his lisp bothers me. BUT, he works the crowd to draw heat onto himself...which is cool. They really need to work on his mic skills, though.

glanville6
06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
DiBiase and Rhodes for sure.

The Pope
06-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Cody Rhodes
Brian Kendrick