PDA

View Full Version : just so we`re clear (raw spoilers)

Destor
06-15-2010, 03:19 AM
kidnapping a 50 year old man, trapping him in a car and trying to kill him by violently smashing into objects for 5+ minutes = perfectly fine. choking a man for 20 seconds? THE LINE.

Vastardikai
06-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Sounds about right.

RKO'em
06-15-2010, 03:38 AM
I mean, wouldn't you draw the line?

RKO'em
06-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Oh, yeah. You're clear.

Destor
06-15-2010, 03:57 AM
just makin sure

Rammsteinmad
06-15-2010, 04:08 AM
First thing I thought as soon as I read the spoilers. :nono:

Kane Knight
06-15-2010, 06:31 AM
kidnapping a 50 year old man, trapping him in a car and trying to kill him by violently smashing into objects for 5+ minutes = perfectly fine. choking a man for 20 seconds? THE LINE.

It's still real to you, dammit.

Rammsteinmad
06-15-2010, 07:11 AM
What if they choked a 50 year old man while he was in the car?

Bad Company
06-15-2010, 07:13 AM
IT'S A FUCKING WORK. FOR FUCKS SAKE. FUCKING WORK WORK WORK.

Kane Knight
06-15-2010, 09:04 AM
IT'S A FUCKING WORK. FOR FUCKS SAKE. FUCKING WORK WORK WORK.

It's still real to you, dammit.

RP
06-15-2010, 09:06 AM
hard pipe hitting niggas

Evil Vito
06-15-2010, 09:17 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Except you didn't actually see Bret getting knocked around.</font>

Kane Knight
06-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Except you didn't actually see Bret getting knocked around.

Did you see him getting knocked up?

CSL
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Everything you just saw was implied. It was implied that Bret was beaten up. It was implied that he was in the back of the car. You didn't actually see anybody slap him around and you definitely didn't see him front and centre of the screen being choked out by a maniacal looking vegan.

Xero
06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
CSL, just shut up and admit that WWE is running with a huge double standard here. You can't deny that they are.

It's not even the Danielson situation. They'll stop a match for a little bit of blood but make a match continue with legitimate injuries. It's fucking ridiculous.

CSL
06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Or you could shutup and look up what a double standard actually is. It's not a double standard if they have specifically banned choking. If you find footage since this apparent ban was bought in of somebody blatently and aggressively choking somebody with rope/a tie etc, especially during something that is supposed to be coming off as 'realistic' (which they don't seem to care about too much nowadays) whilst being the focus of an angle on live TV, then I'll admit to some kind of double standard. But you and others are comparing this to just about everything that has ever happened on WWE TV when it bares minimal to no relevance to the Danielson incident whatsoever.

I've said countless times that it's all a bit dumb, a bit embarrasing for WWE etc and in a few months, odds are nobody will remember it and Danielson will be back on TV. Every other one of these threads would be on Page 3 by now (and there would probably only be one of them. And it wouldn't be a 100 pages long) if this was Heath Slater who'd been released. Seriously, get the fuck over it. He'll be back before you know it.

VSG
06-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Sorry Xero, but I am with CSL on this one. Its also not like they WANTED to fire Bryan for that, but the fact that they went ahead with protocol despite whatever "pressure" they had is convincing.

Savio
06-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I am pretty sure they were not trying to kill him.

Xero
06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Rumble 08, six months after benoit, jericho basically hangs jbl from a rope. I think thats enough to say the benoit shit is bullshit.

CSL
06-15-2010, 11:57 AM
The only thing I'd call them out for there is being (pretty ridiculously) insensitive for doing it in the first place so soon after Benoit. That was before the PG stuff, before making a conscious effort to be more family/kid friendly, before Linda was running (which seems to be the reason for the choking ban in the first place)

CSL
06-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Not to mention it was 2 and a half years ago. There have probably been about 18,000 new policies implied and removed since then.

Rollermacka
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Did you see him getting knocked up?

He did? I thought it was Katherine Heigl in that movie :shifty:

Evil Vito
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I can't believe there is still this much discussion about this.

Yes, I'm a big Danielson fan. Yes, I'm upset that he's been fired and will miss the bulk of this storyline (although on the plus side it will not risk Barrett being overshadowed)

But they MENTIONED HIS NAME last night. They could have easily ignored it or said the same thing without explicitly mentioning his name. But instead, they said his name and allowed the crowd to react (and judging by the amount of boos when Barrett said, "You'll never see Daniel Bryan here again", I'd say it was effective).

The fact that they said his name makes it pretty clear that they intend on re-signing him in due time, as an angle for him is already built-in. I love the guy, but chill.</font>

Lock Jaw
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Kids don't have access to a limo to crash around. They do have access to ties!

They also have access to frying pans, which Michael Cole advised them to hit themselves in the chest with to find out what it is like to be hit by Big Show.

Razzamajazz
06-15-2010, 01:01 PM

They also have access to frying pans, which Michael Cole advised them to hit themselves in the chest with to find out what it is like to be hit by Big Show.

kids also have access to their fists and feet, so why not fire everyone who kicks or punches during a match? KIDS WILL THINK IT'S OK

CSL
06-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Can you actually use brackets?? Your statement reads 'The only thing I'd call them out for there is being'.

Appaling english too. You are right though, Xero is wrong.

lol I missed out one bracket at the end of 'pretty ridiculously' insensitive and didn't change it because the Last Edited bit makes posts look ugly sonnn. But to make TPWW easier for you, I'll go add the bracket.

jskinnyg
06-15-2010, 01:09 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Except you didn't actually see Bret getting knocked around.</font>

THIS, and also why I think it's a big work... Look at the F***ing buzz it has created...

jskinnyg
06-15-2010, 01:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! that was awesome LJ...

XCaliber
06-15-2010, 08:12 PM
This is the same supposedly PG show that still has half naked women on it figure that one out.

ImAnIdiot
06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
This is the same supposedly PG show that still has half naked women on it figure that one out.

Me and my brother-in-law were discussing that very point last night....

Jeritron
06-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Or you could shutup and look up what a double standard actually is. It's not a double standard if they have specifically banned choking. If you find footage since this apparent ban was bought in of somebody blatently and aggressively choking somebody with rope/a tie etc, especially during something that is supposed to be coming off as 'realistic' (which they don't seem to care about too much nowadays) whilst being the focus of an angle on live TV, then I'll admit to some kind of double standard. But you and others are comparing this to just about everything that has ever happened on WWE TV when it bares minimal to no relevance to the Danielson incident whatsoever.

I've said countless times that it's all a bit dumb, a bit embarrasing for WWE etc and in a few months, odds are nobody will remember it and Danielson will be back on TV. Every other one of these threads would be on Page 3 by now (and there would probably only be one of them. And it wouldn't be a 100 pages long) if this was Heath Slater who'd been released. Seriously, get the fuck over it. He'll be back before you know it.

There was strangling with a rope in a strap match between Shad and JTG just over a month ago.
Narc posted the video somewhere else.
I'm not sure about other instances