PDA

View Full Version : WWE acknowledging TNA

BollywoodSingh
06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Has WWE ever acknowledge the existence of TNA on WWE television.

I've never seen it happen.

I think the closest they came to it was Todd Grisham saying "TNA sucks" or something when some TNA fans called into Byte This online.

James Steele
06-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Jeff Hardy mentioned them on a dvd.

McLegend
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Did he also mention how easy was for him to steal money from them?

MoFo
06-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Pretty sure Christian said something like "Im not gonna lie, I was with another promotion" on his return, not actually saying 'TNA' though.

Savio
06-17-2010, 08:53 PM
WWF barely mentioned WCW

loopydate
06-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Joey Styles made a reference to Kid Kash as "Mister Total Non-Stop Attitude" at the first One Night Stand. Sort of a vague roundabout reference, but a reference nonetheless.

Xero
06-17-2010, 10:07 PM
WWF barely mentioned WCW

They'd always show Anti-WCW signs. And I've seen where Vince blatantly mentions WCW from the announce booth. And lets not forget the DX Army vs WCW.

Nicky Fives
06-18-2010, 08:35 AM
They'd always show Anti-WCW signs. And I've seen where Vince blatantly mentions WCW from the announce booth. And lets not forget the DX Army vs WCW.

This is true....

BigDaddyCool
06-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Why acknowledge the annoying ADHD kid that lives down the street that occasionaly scares your cat?

Innovator
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM
They acknowledged them on Vance Archer's bio, saying he worked for a regional promotion in Florida

BigDaddyCool
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Well it is just a regional promotion that has national exposure.

Savio
06-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah but this is when they were still behind in the ratings once they gotten Ahead they really did not mention them at all aside from a few times.

Lord-Of-Darkness
06-19-2010, 05:02 AM

To be fair, WCW and WWF were in a ratings war. They were in direct head to head competition. Each promotion was trying to up the other and show the other as inferior.

As with TNA and WWE, WWE doesn't acknowledge them because I don't believe they view them as a threat right now. So to acknowledge them on TV would be to give them exposure, and therefore risk viewers checking it out.

Basically, totally different ball game, at least right now.

Dave Youell
06-20-2010, 03:41 PM
When Angle went to ECW he opened a challenge to anyone from 4,6 or 8 sided rings. Which must of been a nod to TNA

Dave Youell
06-20-2010, 03:42 PM
As in the new ECW of course. Not back in the 90's

Gerard
06-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Vince acknowledged them once (sort of) on the byte this after angle left. He basically referred to them as if he wasn't sure of their name, said something along the lines of "i think theyre called tna".

Jimmy Cones
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
WWE head honcho Vince McMahon, who keeps relatively tight lipped about his thoughts on TNA wrestling was recently interviewed by the Hollywood Reporter and had this to say about the distant second promotion. “My concern with TNA is not in terms of competition. My concern with TNA is that they are TV-14, and we are PG. They have to change with the times. I think some of the things they do on television are reprehensible, but it is a TV-14 rating. That’s the only bone I have to pick with them. Their TV ratings are a fraction of ours.”

http://wrestlingtruth.com/news/vince-mcmahon-discusses-tna-and-ufc-as-competition/

McMahon says that despite TNA’s attempt to “go to war” with his company, it’s a losing battle, as he sees their companies to be in different industries all together. “We’re in different business. We’re in the entertainment business and they’re in the ‘pro wrasslin’ business. It’s different markets.”

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe-news/vince-mcmahon-rips-on-tna-as-bloody-pro-rasslin/

Quick google search brought this up, not sure about the sources though.

Lock Jaw
06-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I laugh at Vince thinking some of the things TNA does on tv is "reprehensible".

Lord-Of-Darkness
06-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Eric Bischoff commented on that interview, saying that coming from a guy from Vince who a couple years earlier was telling Eric to promote HLA, hardcore matches, and owns a boat called 'The Sexy Bitch', it's just hypocritical for him to say anything that TNA does is 'reprehensible'.

Brigstocke
06-27-2010, 06:50 AM
They acknowledged them on Vance Archer's bio, saying he worked for a regional promotion in Florida

I'm pretty sure they will have meant FCW.

Lock Jaw
06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
They used to have TNA Results on their webpage in their "industry news" section.

Skippord
06-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I think the only worthwhile thing I've learned here is Vince McMahon has a boat named The Sexy Bitch

Rammsteinmad
06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
They used to have TNA Results on their webpage in their "industry news" section.

Did anything ever come out of this on TNA's behalf? I'm pretty sure WWE would start throwing around lawsuits if TNA had WWE results on their website.

Lock Jaw
06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
TNA was probably thrilled to be on the WWE website.

The Mackem
06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
They made a storyline out of it. :shifty:

The MAC
06-30-2010, 02:44 PM
wwe had a tag team dedicated to TNA , with Trish, Test and Albert :shifty:

Kane Knight
06-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I laugh at Vince thinking some of the things TNA does on tv is "reprehensible".
This is the guy who had two minstrel show characters mock the guy who played Kramer for being a racist. I'm pretty sure he can say anything with a straight face.