PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a brand new 360 for one hundred bucks.

Anybody Thrilla
06-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I already have a PS3 and I know there's a lot of similar content, but I thought maybe you guys could get me hip to some 360 exclusive things that I may want to take advantage of.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Alan Wake is pretty fun.

Anybody Thrilla
06-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Care to elaborate?

thecc
06-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Mass Effect

Vietnamese Crippler
06-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Care to elaborate?

Uh, http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102836

What would you like elaborated?

Third person horror-adventure. You play as an author who ends up living out a story he doesn't remember writing.

Anybody Thrilla
06-19-2010, 09:58 PM
What kinds of games are these?

Anybody Thrilla
06-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Uh, http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102836

What would you like elaborated?

Third person horror-adventure. You play as an author who ends up living out a story he doesn't remember writing.

That last sentence was perfect elaboration. I wasn't trying to go back and read a bunch of threads. That sounds interesting, though. Do you have to shoot stuff? I'm not a big fan of shooters.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Then you'll hate Mass Effect. And probably Alan Wake, too.

But watch the review in my link, it might swing you one way or another.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Also, I would like a brand new 360 for $100. Don't be stingy :mad:

Anybody Thrilla
06-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Get a cousin who works at Best Buy. That's the first step.

Funky Fly
06-20-2010, 01:48 AM
1. Get one of those sexy new smaller 360s if you get a choice in the matter.

2. It would help if you told us what kind of games you are into.

Anyway, you're gonna need $50 to get an XBox Live Gold account. You get access to demos quicker, deals on older DLC and Arcade games, exclusive Gold member downloads and can play online with the likes of us (so very tempting, I know). You do have 1 month free with your XBox, so try it out.

As for games: (I'll keep it to exclusives)

Gears of War 1 & 2 - I KNOW YOU JUST SAID YOU DON'T LIKE SHOOTERS, but fuck me, this game is simply greatness. Great story, great characters, great scripted events and it's 3rd person, not an FPS. Hell, buy it and watch a friend play, just because the story is that good.

Forza Motorsport 2 & 3 - Like Gran Turismo, but for 360

Lips - Singing game. Hella fun, especially 2 players. But the presentation outside of actual gameplay is a little gay.

Fable - Original Xbox title that's backward compatible. 3rd person action RPG set in Albion (medieval England). More tongue in cheek than the previous sentence would indicate. Think Legend of Zelda: OoT but with leveling up and murder and shit.

Fable 2 - The 360 sequel. 346234765 times bigger and better.

Jade Empire - Another Xbox Original. 3rd Person action game, set in Ancient China. BioWare game, so there are 456872345723 million dialog trees and branching story/endings depending on your choices.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 - Think Jade Empire except Star Wars. Both Xbox Originals.

Dead or Alive 4 - Fighting game. The series that invented boob physics in games. Crazy ass counter system and fast gameplay.

Lost Odyssey - JRPG, done by the guy who invented the Final Fantasy series, so you know what to expect. Sweet ass game.

GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City - The 2 DLC add ons that were 360 exclusive on 1 disc, so you don't have to go rebuy GTA IV if you had it for PS3.

I have all of these games except Forza 3, which I will bargain bin. Sim racers aren't really my bag.

Also, I will recommend some XBox Live Arcade titles later on.

RoXer
06-20-2010, 02:14 AM
You should buy Red Dead Redemption so you can play with us. I know you don't like shooters, but give Mass Effect a try. And Left 4 Dead while you're at it.

XBLA: Braid, Geometry Wars 2, and a whole bunch I can't think of.

...are you into Street Fighter at all? Our tournament could always use an extra black guyyyyy

Gonzo
06-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I think the Mass Effect games (1 & 2) have some of the best stories of any game(s) I've ever played.

G
06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Anyway, you're gonna need $50 to get an XBox Live Gold account. You get access to demos quicker, deals on older DLC and Arcade games, exclusive Gold member downloads and can play online with the likes of us (so very tempting, I know). You do have 1 month free with your XBox, so try it out.

Nah, that's a myth dude. Nobody pays retail for a year of Gold. Every couple of weeks it'll be on sale somewhere for around $30. :p

PapaGeorgio
06-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah buy Live Gold online can usually get around 25-30 for a year.

alvarado52
06-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I think the Mass Effect games (1 & 2) have some of the best stories of any game(s) I've ever played.

alvarado52
06-20-2010, 04:37 PM
also, i believe buy.com is selling 1 yr subscriptions for $30 right now...if they are, i'd say snatch it up since you know youll be getting a 360.

edit: theyre selling them for $32 but $10 shipping so nah, unless you manage to get free shipping

Funky Fly
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Nah, that's a myth dude. Nobody pays retail for a year of Gold. Every couple of weeks it'll be on sale somewhere for around $30. :p

They go on sale a lot here too, but not as frequently as "every couple of weeks". Canada sucks that way. I keep my eyes open for deals and free month codes too, which is why I'm paid up all the way till Christmas next year.

Funky Fly
06-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Besides, Doesn't Amazon.com sell just the codes now, or is that only for MS points?

G
06-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Besides, Doesn't Amazon.com sell just the codes now, or is that only for MS points?

I think they might, but they are usually retail price. I know that the instant point codes rarely drop below $19.99.