PDA

View Full Version : Batista -- I'm Fighting for REAL Now!

BobBitchen
06-21-2010, 09:52 PM
He's a former six-time WWE heavyweight wrestling champion of the world -- but this weekend Batista finally confirmed that he's now fighting for real ... for an MMA company called Strikeforce.

The 6'5", 290 pound behemoth was out in Hollywood this weekend -- where he told our camera guy about the move ... and hinted that he already has his first fight lined up.

The 40-something-year-old recently left WWE after his contract expired ... and there had been rumors floating around that he wanted to get into Mixed Martial Arts fighting.

Now, with the rumors confirmed, we gotta ask ...

In MMA, Batista will...

Dominate
Get destroyed

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/21/dave-batista-wwe-mma-strikeforce-mixed-martial-arts/?mediaKey=f571ba1b-c831-40f0-b6ca-1f8d688b746c&isShareURL=true

PullMyFinger
06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Get destroyed. Sorry, I don't see him being as legit as Brock.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
The league with the same name as Rick Martel and Tito Santana is a joke. They gave away the most popular fighter in the world on free TV in november.

I guess they are going to have to rename the Octagon the Pit of Danger for Batista.

teamXtremist
06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
dude gonna get killed for real lol

Kane Knight
06-21-2010, 10:49 PM
After the way people kneejerked over Lesnar, insisting he would fail, I hate to say it, but....lolbatista.

jskinnyg
06-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Destroyed if he makes it...

VSG
06-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Wait, Strikeforce later replied that no contract had been signed and talks were still in the going. I bet Bats wants a load of cash upfront.

Ironballs
06-22-2010, 05:25 AM
didn't Booker beat his ass a few years ago?

no chance.

Juan
06-22-2010, 05:30 AM
No

Early this morning, TMZ.com posted a video in which former WWE star Dave Batista says he'll soon be fighting in mixed martial arts for Strikeforce.

It's not true.

Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani that the organization has not signed Batista.

The 41-year-old Batista recently quit pro wrestling after a multi-year tenure in the WWE during which he was one of the organization's most popular performers.

Share Adding to the believability of the rumor, Batista was seen attending last week's Strikeforce event in Los Angeles. In addition, earlier this year, Affliction released a video of him training at their workout center. However, a jump to major MMA seems an unlikely one for him. Though he has reportedly trained a bit in the past, he does not have any martial arts base to draw on as some other late career changers like current UFC champ Brock Lesnar have.

Lesnar, like Batista, was once a big WWE star before transitioning to MMA, though Lesnar was an accomplished amateur wrestler, capturing the NCAA heavyweight championship before trying his hand at pro wrestling.

Batista may have just been fooling around with the TMZ cameras, as evidenced by his reaction when asked if he would fight Russian legend Fedor Emelianenko.

"I want nothing to do with that dude," he said with a laugh.

Brigstocke
06-22-2010, 06:20 AM
He would have his arse handed to him on a plate, and he's 41 for christs sake how many legit fights has he got in him at that age?

RatedGSuperstar
06-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Here's a pretty interesting post from an MMA blog from a guy who actually fought Batista in the gym: Link (http://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/21/1528457/batista-confirms-move-to-mma-strikeforce-coker-walker-lashley)

The guy writing it is obviously much smaller than Bats, though, so I have no idea how he would do against someone his own size. People thought Brock would have a hard time, too, but Brock never had the injury history Bats does and Bats was never the outstanding amateur wrestler Brock was.

I doubt much (if anything) comes from this.

The Pope
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Batista has taken chair shots to the head, I would think it's pretty hard to knock him out.

The Show Off
06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Here's a pretty interesting post from an MMA blog from a guy who actually fought Batista in the gym: Link (http://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/21/1528457/batista-confirms-move-to-mma-strikeforce-coker-walker-lashley)

The guy writing it is obviously much smaller than Bats, though, so I have no idea how he would do against someone his own size. People thought Brock would have a hard time, too, but Brock never had the injury history Bats does and Bats was never the outstanding amateur wrestler Brock was.

I doubt much (if anything) comes from this.

The diffrence is Brock Lesnar has a legit background for MMA Batista is just a big guy that's not even all that strong (realativly speaking).

Haze
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
If Bat's fights anyone even remotely credible, he is going to get knocked the hell out.

Kane Knight
06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
If Bat's fights anyone even remotely credible, he is going to get knocked the hell out.

Thus the entire basis of its appeal.

BigDaddyCool
06-22-2010, 12:43 PM

He should fight Danny Bonaduce in some sort of celebrity fighting circuit.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah without an actual pedigree like Brock or Lashley and at his age it's not really likely he could do shit all. But you never know he could be a natural... but probably not.

BigDaddyCool
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah...as stiff and unflexible as he moves in the ring and how he is injury prone, yeah he will be a natural.

James Steele
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Brock Lesnar was a genetic freak who was a National Champion wrestler and probably could have made the Olympic teams if the WWE hadn't thrown money at him. I also believe that Brock wouldn't be where he is in UFC now if he hadn't been in WWE. He is 4-1 in his career. He won the UFC Heavyweight Championship in his 4th fight. Batista will put butts in seats, so he will get protected.

Rammsteinmad
06-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Batista doesn't have an amateur background like Lesnar and Lashley. I doubt he'll ever win any fights against any legit competition, though good luck to him if he really is trying to pursue this. :y:

James Steele
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Batista doesn't have an amateur background like Lesnar and Lashley. I doubt he'll ever win any fights against any legit competition, though good luck to him if he really is trying to pursue this. :y:

I agree, but don't think Strikeforce will throw him to the lions ASAP. He will at least butts in seats for 1 event.

Jordan
06-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I love the idea of this. Sure Bats isn't a "fighter" per say, but he is big as hell and a former pro wrestling champion which makes him a draw in the MMA world IMO. I'm sure due to his size and strength he would hold his own against most, but who is to say until we see it happen.

I wouldn't want to get ground and pounded by that mother fucker I'll tell you that.

Rammsteinmad
I agree, but don't think Strikeforce will throw him to the lions ASAP. He will at least butts in seats for 1 event.

Oh yeah definitely. I'm assuming he'll get a huge paycheck out of it, the last thing they'd want is him injured in his first fight.

However, if loadsa WWE kiddies went because Batista was there, only to see him get beaten up for real... :lol:

BigDaddyCool
Yeah without an actual pedigree like Brock or Lashley and at his age it's not really likely he could do shit all. But you never know he could be a natural... but probably not.

Yeah...as stiff and unflexible as he moves in the ring and how he is injury prone, yeah he will be a natural.

<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD id=p3127898167 class=alt1Active width="50%">Batista -- I'm Fighting... (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3127898#post3127898) </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>06-22-2010 01:09 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>Gorgeous Dale Newstead (http://tpww.net/forums/member.php?u=167) </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">clearly wasn't being serious you fucking knobhead</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh noes, Dale is upset!!!!!

Mooияakeя™
06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Christ I fucking love that sig gif.

Volare
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
All he needs now is to say he trains in a Pit of Danger.

Rollermacka
06-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Your right James, just remember to have Seth Petruzelli's phone number on standby...

For more information on this joke please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice

erickman
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM

yeah his 1st match will be against glass jaw like in punch out

Kane Knight
06-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I love the idea of this. Sure Bats isn't a "fighter" per say, but he is big as hell and a former pro wrestling champion which makes him a draw in the MMA world IMO. I'm sure due to his size and strength he would hold his own against most, but who is to say until we see it happen.

I wouldn't want to get ground and pounded by that mother fucker I'll tell you that.

It's still real to you, isn't it?

Xero
06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/bigugly300/11111.gif

lol

Y2Ant
06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
rofl @ the gif

Savio
06-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Booker said he would get his ass whooped