PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Michael Tarver

Providence Peep
06-27-2010, 11:02 AM
http://wrestlingadikt.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/michael-tarver.jpg

The "rookie" who sucked so bad even his pro was fired. LOL!

He was announced as a one-punch-knockout kind of badass, angry and dangerous, and his first promo seemingly intended to establish him as a legitimate threat. Then, instead of that happening, he promptly proceeded to flop around like a fish on land for some episodes until he was "eliminated" from the "competition." In fact, he was the first one to be "eliminated," wasn't he?

What's interesting to me is that the man behind the gimmick, Tyrone Evanse, is a considerably more experienced wrestler than some of the other first eight, and I think he's certainly got the potential to go places. Of course, it will all depend on the booking.

What do YOU guys think of Michael Tarver? How do you feel about the way he was booked on NXT? Where can he go from here? Does he stand a chance of ever reaching main event status in the WWE? Voice your thoughts.

Xero
06-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I think he pulls off the "insane serial killer" look perfectly.

Nark Order
06-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I think he pulls off the "insane serial killer" look perfectly.

MaxPower
06-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I always liked him and I think he can be close to the main event if his character is built up correctly. I think they should place him and Ezekiel Jackson together as a tag team and build them up like they did with Ron Simmons and Butch Reed when they were Doom for that short period of time.

Evil Vito
06-27-2010, 11:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>It blew me away how much Tarver changed throughout the course of NXT. Early on I thought he was boring and sucked (and it was reported that his "knockout punch" gimmick was taken away from him due to the Big Show already having it). Then once they started the challenges and he kept fucking up and/or refusing to participate, he became awesome.

Now his bandana just makes him look badass. If the mic time for the NXT guys gets cut back a bit, I hope Tarver at least is one of the few guys in the group to continue talking. I'd be content with just Barrett, Otunga, and Tarver as the mouthpieces of the group.</font>

Wolfpack423
06-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Why is there so much love for Michael Tarver? He is horrible in the ring from what I've seen so far. His punches/forearm combo looks awful and his promo skills are awful. I don't think he'll reach a high level in the WWE. I think that would be awful. He has done nothing that impresses me. Then again i don't like many of the NXT guys. Kaval and Joe Hennig are better collectively than the whole of NXT Season 1, well Danielson is great but he isn't there and I like Gabriel but that's about it.

Mooияakeя™
06-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I will not make a judgement until this NXT promo has turned into the awesomeness it deserves.

Providence Peep
06-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I will not make a judgement until this NXT promo has turned into the awesomeness it deserves.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae14/jimbo2346/bdnf.jpg

Is this better?

jskinnyg
06-27-2010, 12:02 PM
He was my least favorite in the ring and on the mic next to Otunga... But I def think the booking was SOME of the problem... But he did not rise to the challenge that is for sure..

The season 2 guys are looking WAY better than season 1 guys so far... Is that because they are or learning from season 1 mistakes? Kaval & Hennig def look awesome...

Providence Peep
06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
But he did not rise to the challenge that is for sure..

Literally

XCaliber
06-27-2010, 12:47 PM
He may come of as a bit generic at times but I rather like him what I don't understand is that in his vignettes he talks about the KO punch and he still hasn't used it!

Ultra Mantis
06-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Tarver, much like Danielson, was booked as a guy who would never reach his potential in NXT. He acted like a crazy fucker but it always ended up costing him through clumsyness. To me he was definately one of the more interesting aspects of NXT, and is one of the stronger characters in Nexus, though his in ring abilities haven't struck me as anything amazing.

Skippord
06-27-2010, 04:47 PM
I love Michael Tarver

Rollermacka
06-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Tarver, much like Danielson, was booked as a guy who would never reach his potential in NXT. He acted like a crazy fucker but it always ended up costing him through clumsyness.

Yea, he had an interstng gimmick (rough childhood made him tough) but never really got to show anything in the ring. I love the fact that someone mentioned that he's the only NXT rookie with his own clothing.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dj5iLYnnkt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dj5iLYnnkt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol: at 3:05 when Tarver looks like he humps Skip in the back of the head

XL
06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
The guy has those crazy, serial killer eyes down a treat. Probably looks the most badass out of the NXT guys.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I haven't watched him in the ring too much, but from simply an aestetic perspective, I think Tarver is marketable. He's got a vicious look about him, and he dresses in style. Hell, this Nexus idea might have actually stemmed from discussion over his nWo-style "nXt" shirt.

He's probably got some way to come in the ring, but that's why this angle is perfect for him. He gets to look menacing, and be treated with some array of credibility, but at the same time he gets to learn and slowly get better.

Triple Naitch
06-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Not a fan of his mic work, but he pulls off the "insane serial killer" look perfectly.

RGWhat316
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I didnt like Tarver to start, but he has definitely grown on me. He's got more personality than some of the other guys. And the mask is a nice touch.

blak23
06-27-2010, 09:53 PM
didnt like him at 1st but his promo on the nxt apology has me interested

ministrychick77
06-27-2010, 11:33 PM
he intrigues me.

Kane Knight
06-28-2010, 12:54 AM
I didnt like Tarver to start, but he has definitely grown on me. He's got more personality than some of the other guys. And the mask is a nice touch.

The mask is his personality.

DaVe
06-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Nah.

Right from the beginning of NXT season 1, I was a big Tarver fan, along with Wade Barrett. Both are good on the stick, have legit characters, and a good look.