PDA

View Full Version : Post an angle and I'll tell you why it's stupid

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Doesn't have to be an actual angle used in the past.

GO.

The Pope
07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Stone Cold getting run over.

CSL
07-06-2010, 01:38 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://web1.nyc.youtube.com/v/BTGBjth2EZg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://web1.nyc.youtube.com/v/BTGBjth2EZg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7n2P8kJi3M&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7n2P8kJi3M&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Providence Peep
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Triple H and Eve Torres become involved in relationship and Stephanie files for divorce.

Haze
07-06-2010, 02:02 PM
http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0214220/www/images/angle.jpg

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Stone Cold getting run over.

Nobody went to jail. In real life if someone commits assault or attempted vehicular manslaughter, someone goes to fucking jail. Settling it in a match is not an option the judge usually gives you, if it was everyone would fucking settle their disputes in triple cage matches.

Plus, are we really supposed to believe that a paltry car could put Steve Austin out of commission?

Xero
07-06-2010, 02:28 PM
The Miz beats John Cena in a Loser Leaves WWE match.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://web1.nyc.youtube.com/v/BTGBjth2EZg&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7n2P8kJi3M&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Can't see these videos at the moment, will get back to you.

The Pope
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Rany Orton's reason for kickin people's heads

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Triple H and Eve Torres become involved in relationship and Stephanie files for divorce.

It's stupid because it leads to the exit of one of the most controversial and talented wrestlers in the WWE. It's even more stupid because it'd lead directly to a match between Stephanie and Eva and everyone knows that women make poor athletes.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
The Miz beats John Cena in a Loser Leaves WWE match.

No legitimate sport in the world would allow a stipulation like that to pass. Can you imagine the New Orleans Saints VS. The Minnesota Vikings in a "Loser Leaves the NFL" Match? Management would not allow it. Most personal stipulations are ridiculous and have no place in the real world.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Rany Orton's reason for kickin people's heads

If Randy Orton had a mental disorder that prevented him from controlling his violent impulses he would be deemed unfit to compete by the State Athletics Commission or whatever ruling body is in place in whatever state or country they compete in. It's unthinkable that Randy Orton, in his current mental state, would be allowed on a plane much less a wrestling ring for a multi-billion dollar organization.

In light of the Benoit incident, I would imagine that they'd publicly place him in rehab and pay for thousands of dollars worth of physical and mental therapy to help him overcome his disorder. They'd probably investigate his medical record to see if past concussions contributed to the disorder and enact vast sweeping changes to how the sport is played.

Aguakate
07-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Nobody went to jail. In real life if someone commits assault or attempted vehicular manslaughter, someone goes to fucking jail. Settling it in a match is not an option the judge usually gives you, if it was everyone would fucking settle their disputes in triple cage matches.

Plus, are we really supposed to believe that a paltry car could put Steve Austin out of commission?

...But...Rikishi did it for The Rock...

...he did it...

...for the people...:-\

BizarroKing
07-06-2010, 03:29 PM
The Boogeyman returns as the general manager of Raw.

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2010, 04:32 PM
So you're basically saying that wrestling is stupid because it's not real.

TGR
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
The McMahon/Gowen feud

Rollermacka
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Vince in an act of genius brings back the KISS Demon and 4X4 and/ or SWOLL to have a "battle of the bands" match at Wrestlemania (of course Master P and KISS will be paid exuberant ammounts on money to lip lynch songs on the grandest stage of them al)l

Razzamajazz
07-06-2010, 05:46 PM
90 degree angles always pissed me off. obtuse is where it's at

Th3R0CKSays
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Vince McMahon is revealed to be the dreaded evil mastermind better known as the "Higher Power"

DrCrawford
07-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Vince McMahon is the evil boss

Mooияakeя™
07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Seriously... WE DO NOT NEED AN ANSWER. But this needs in here.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x4jubm"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x4jubm" width="480" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
The Boogeyman returns as the general manager of Raw.

The General Manager's job is not a glamorous job by an means, he or she must hire wrestlers, negotiate contracts, oversee a massive budget, scout future talent as well as ensure that each show goes off without a hitch. That means, basically, that he has to understand the science of management, accounting and basic contracts in addition to being passionate about the business he is working in. What are Boogeyman's qualifications for this? What has Boogeyman done in his life to prepare him for the overwhelming job of a General Manager?

I mean, at least Vickie Guerrero organized the funeral of her husband and later ran his estate as only a loving and dignified widow could. Teddy Long's experience as a manager and behind-the-scenes guy speaks well for his own tenure as GM and Vince McMahon's business credentials are impeccable (minus a few controversial moments in the public eye). While having a mouth full of worms and intimidating others might serve a General Manager well here and there, let's be honest, a General Manager has to be capable of a wide range of management techniques as well as being approachable by his or her underlings. Unless Boogeyman has a Masters in Business Management and at least 5 years running a successful business he can suck a cock.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
So you're basically saying that wrestling is stupid because it's not real.

I don't think you're getting what this thread is about.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
The McMahon/Gowen feud

You know what happens when arrogant billionaires piss off disabled people? They get sued. Like 50 million dollar sued. Ironically, (possibly) it'd be like Vince McMahon challenging a one-legged man to an ass-kicking contest and losing.

Also, I've been to the Titan Towers and it's not wheel-chair accessible.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Vince in an act of genius brings back the KISS Demon and 4X4 and/ or SWOLL to have a "battle of the bands" match at Wrestlemania (of course Master P and KISS will be paid exuberant ammounts on money to lip lynch songs on the grandest stage of them al)l

This isn't really an angle...

Destor
07-06-2010, 06:52 PM
randy orton and john cena have a best of series to decide which is better once and for all.

thedamndest
07-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Brock Lesnar comes back to wrestle full time.

BizarroKing
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I got 2

1: The Invasion angle

2: The Katie Vick angle

dhellova guy
07-06-2010, 07:09 PM
How bout some jack ass sits in a ring and explains why every wrestling angle is stupid?

Sixx
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM

Beat me to it.

BizarroKing
07-06-2010, 07:16 PM

I just got that :p

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't think you're getting what this thread is about.

I think I get it, but I think you were doing a silly job with it in the first few attempts, fella.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Vince McMahon is revealed to be the dreaded evil mastermind better known as the "Higher Power"

This is a really stupid one and ties in with:
Vince McMahon is the evil boss

I'll go into this in greater detail at a later date but, let's get the basics covered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_Ministry), shall we?

Vince McMahon was feuding with Steve Austin for a little over a year going into Wrestlemania XV, he had his Corporate Champion The Rock, a thriving wrestling business and 100% control of his company. That wasn't enough apparently.

Apparently Vince McMahon wanted to "destroy" Steve Austin, a man who had revived his ailing company and allowed him to buy a fleet of yachts filled with underage boys plucked gently from their homes in the Caribbean (Carlito was one of those little boys). Despite the fact that business was booming Vince let his hatred of Steve Austin get the better of him, and since The Rock had the world title he had to figure out a way to destroy Austin that didn't involve the title...err...so he devised the most convoluted and pointless scheme in recent history to accomplish his nefarious goal.

Step 1: Hire a bunch of goth people and the Undertaker to kidnap, harass and terrify your daughter on a weekly basis. Never press charges. It's okay to keep paying them and providing them travel to all of your venues.

Step 2: Have your son kick you out of your private club and publicly diss you.

Step 3. Allow your son to first cost your most popular and talented wrestler (aside from Austin) the title, then kick him out of your club and make sure he's super-pissed.

Step 4: Pointlessly and shamelessly abuse your daughter via attempted human sacrifice, when arch-enemy Steve Austin appears to save the day, do absolutely nothing.

Step 5: Have your son combine your goth club and your private club and declare war on you.

Step 6: Finally get revenge on Austin by costing him the title against the Undertaker. Your evil plan has been a rousing success...wait, what? You're not done?

Step 7: Make the Undertaker talk about how awesome you are and that he totally works for you but, make him call you a nickname so nobody knows it's you. Make sure nobody knows that you're the guy they're talking about.

Step 8: Immediately reveal yourself to Austin the first chance you get.

Step 9: Reveal yourself to everyone else a little while later. Wait, seriously?

Here's the quote from Wikipedia: he entire scheme had been a plot to destroy Steve Austin. After the unveiling, Linda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_McMahon) and Stephanie McMahon announced Austin as the new CEO of the WWF.<sup id="cite_ref-SlamHigherPower_8-1" class="reference">[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_Ministry#cite_note-SlamHigherPower-8)</sup> They gave Austin control over 50% of the company, leaving Vince and Shane with 25% each.

Seriously. Apparently Step 10 is "Destroy everything you ever worked for and give your company to your ach-nemesis because you suck at life"

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
How bout some jack ass sits in a ring and explains why every wrestling angle is stupid?

So you're saying I need a ring?

Xero
07-06-2010, 07:36 PM
He's a dhellova guy.

Evil Vito
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The NXT Season 2 guys invade SmackDown after this season ends and effectively becomes the SmackDown branch of the Nexus</font>

Ultra Mantis
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Perry Saturn falls in love with Moppy.

Droford
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
The NXT Season 2 guys invade SmackDown after this season ends and effectively becomes the SmackDown branch of the Nexus

Nexus RAW : nWo as Nexus SD : nWo B-Team

Jeritron
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Chris Jericho unifies the world titles

bigslimjj
07-06-2010, 08:16 PM
The General Manager's job is not a glamorous job by an means, he or she must hire wrestlers, negotiate contracts, oversee a massive budget, scout future talent as well as ensure that each show goes off without a hitch. That means, basically, that he has to understand the science of management, accounting and basic contracts in addition to being passionate about the business he is working in. What are Boogeyman's qualifications for this? What has Boogeyman done in his life to prepare him for the overwhelming job of a General Manager?

I mean, at least Vickie Guerrero organized the funeral of her husband and later ran his estate as only a loving and dignified widow could. Teddy Long's experience as a manager and behind-the-scenes guy speaks well for his own tenure as GM and Vince McMahon's business credentials are impeccable (minus a few controversial moments in the public eye). While having a mouth full of worms and intimidating others might serve a General Manager well here and there, let's be honest, a General Manager has to be capable of a wide range of management techniques as well as being approachable by his or her underlings. Unless Boogeyman has a Masters in Business Management and at least 5 years running a successful business he can suck a cock.

prolly better then most,since boogey has no teeth.:D

bigslimjj
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
and my angle.A 25 man gauntlet match in TNA.they need a rumble type ppv.

Providence Peep
07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
A man who was sentenced to 16 years in Boggo Road Gaol for eight armed robberies, two of which occurred in Tasmania, becomes a professional wrestler and is booked in a match at the Survivor Series.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
The NXT Season 2 guys invade SmackDown after this season ends and effectively becomes the SmackDown branch of the Nexus

These invasions make no sense. Don't believe me? Try taking a bunch of your friends and invade a UFC show. It won't end well.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Chris Jericho unifies the world titles

This is stupid because it's pointless. Whatever belt Jericho holds is automatically the "real" world title.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
and my angle.A 25 man gauntlet match in TNA.they need a rumble type ppv.

This isn't an angle, it's a match.

Swiss Ultimate
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
A man who was sentenced to 16 years in Boggo Road Gaol for eight armed robberies, two of which occurred in Tasmania, becomes a professional wrestler and is booked in a match at the Survivor Series.

On the surface this isn't as stupid as one would think. Felons and violent legitimate sports often do quite well. Although, it's really not an angle per se as a premise/background info about a guy.

If he had some sort of devious plan on getting to Survivor Series or someone was trying to get him kicked out of the company, then it'd be an angle.

bigslimjj
07-07-2010, 12:29 AM
tna should hire as many(more) old beaten down wrestlers as they can.i mean old farts.Have them invade tna and take over with their zubazz pants and purple headbands.They also move Impacts start time to 6:30pm(That's late for them).And Greg Valentine and Macho could be in charge,with Tommy Rich and Marty Janetty as backup.Then during a six man tag vs.Kurt Angle,Jeff hardy,and Mr. Anderson,Hulk Hogan would walk down the ramp and swerve! Hogan's with the old farts!This time around he pays Janetty ten bucks to do the leg drop for him.And they form a new click THE AARP!

Country kitchen buffet 4-life.

bigslimjj
07-07-2010, 01:09 AM
This isn't an angle, it's a match.
indeed it is.:nono:

MoFo
07-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Eddie v Rey 'Adoption of Damien' angle.

Sixx
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
A pedophile wrestler stalking kids, that get saved by Cena. And occasionally Rey.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Eddie v Rey 'Adoption of Damien' angle.

Why would either of them want to adopt Jake Roberts' snake?

Swiss Ultimate
07-07-2010, 11:33 AM
A pedophile wrestler stalking kids, that get saved by Cena. And occasionally Rey.

...Goldust?

thedamndest
07-07-2010, 01:51 PM
The Rock quits acting and returns to wrestling.

Mooияakeя™
07-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Why would either of them want to adopt Jake Roberts' snake?

Cos he never let it rest. As soon as it was in the bag, it was bouncing off his back over his shoulder or being thrown onto the squared circle like the living foreign object he was.

addy2hotty
07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Jack Tunney video distorts Ric Flair's 'real' World Championship belt.

Swiss Ultimate
07-07-2010, 06:23 PM
The Rock quits acting and returns to wrestling.

This wouldn't be stupid if 1) the money was equivalent to or exceeded the money he is making in Hollywood 2) he takes the time to re-train and get back into the kind of shape he'd need to be in to wrestle on a weekly basis 3) if his heart was in it.

However, it's not really an angle, more like an occurrence. If The Rock started appearing on WWE television and bad-mouthing the business and telling everybody how crappy the product was week in and week out, that'd be an angle and I could tell you why that'd be stupid but, you didn't ask that.

Swiss Ultimate
07-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Jack Tunney video distorts Ric Flair's 'real' World Championship belt.

I'm not sure if I understand this sentence.

BizarroKing
07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I got 2

1: The Invasion angle

2: The Katie Vick angle

Swiss Ultimate
07-07-2010, 06:52 PM
1. Trespassing. It's illegal.

2. I think I should give this the full treatment. Will get back to it.

XL
07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think many people are getting this. A lot of people are posting angles that we already know are stupid.

I think the idea is for DttS to debunk good angles with reasoned thinking. i.e. the best way for Vince to deal with someone he hates (Austin) isn't to pay him enormous amounts of money to kick his ass every week. Just fire him.

parkmania
07-07-2010, 07:58 PM
tna should hire as many(more) old beaten down wrestlers as they can.i mean old farts.Have them invade tna and take over with their zubazz pants and purple headbands.They also move Impacts start time to 6:30pm(That's late for them).And Greg Valentine and Macho could be in charge,with Tommy Rich and Marty Janetty as backup.Then during a six man tag vs.Kurt Angle,Jeff hardy,and Mr. Anderson,Hulk Hogan would walk down the ramp and swerve! Hogan's with the old farts!This time around he pays Janetty ten bucks to do the leg drop for him.And they form a new click THE AARP!

Country kitchen buffet 4-life.

Joey Buttafuoco will be the new X-division champ.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW6NbI6dSx0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW6NbI6dSx0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

JOEY BUTTAFUOCO OVER HERE!

Swiss Ultimate
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't think many people are getting this. A lot of people are posting angles that we already know are stupid.

I think the idea is for DttS to debunk good angles with reasoned thinking. i.e. the best way for Vince to deal with someone he hates (Austin) isn't to pay him enormous amounts of money to kick his ass every week. Just fire him.

Pretty much this. I've ignored the ones that I didn't think would be funny to break down.

Some are so monumentally bad and stupid they may deserve the treatment however. Katy Vick.

DLVH84
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if I understand this sentence.

The reason for the video distortion was that WCW and Ric Flair had lawsuits against each other at that time. It got settled with WCW reclaiming posession of the belt and Flair being paid his $25,000 deposit, plus interest, which equaled to $38,000.

After that, Flair used one of the WWF World Tag Team title belts, in which they video distorted, until Flair won the WWF World title at the Royal Rumble in January 1992.

Swiss Ultimate
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
The reason for the video distortion was that WCW and Ric Flair had lawsuits against each other at that time. It got settled with WCW reclaiming posession of the belt and Flair being paid his $25,000 deposit, plus interest, which equaled to $38,000.

After that, Flair used one of the WWF World Tag Team title belts, in which they video distorted, until Flair won the WWF World title at the Royal Rumble in January 1992.

That's not an angle it's a interesting historical fact.

Sixx
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
...Goldust?

What?

Swiss Ultimate
07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
What?

I hate it when Steve Austin says that.

BizarroKing
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Million Dollar Mania

XL
07-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll ya why that was stupid...

You're basically saying "Hey, we know you don't really like the product so will you watch if we pay you?". Getting people to tune in for a month just so they have the chance of winning big only for them to tune out as soon as the concept is done.

Plus, you are literally giving away profit.

Also, did we ever find out what happened with that Vince stage collapse?