PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France

Tazz Dan
07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
This is my sporting highlight of the year. Do any of you other guys follow the greatest bike race on earth?

LoDownM
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I watch it every year.

Emperor Smeat
07-07-2010, 06:50 PM
I casually follow it but rarely ever watched part or a whole stage. Its sort of like NASCAR or golf where its boring to watch the whole thing on tv except for the ending since that's when the rush of the finish makes everyone compete better.

LoDownM
07-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Mountain stages are far more entertaining to watch in its entirety then the flat stages are.

Mooияakeя™
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Probably will watch it a bit more cos now Team Sky are in and it's driven a bit more interest up now for me.

Tazz Dan
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Looks like it could be a close race this year. Contador would still have to be ther favourite, but Wiggins, Evans and Schleck will all push him. Lance Armstrong has no chance.

Also, great lead out from Mark Renshaw for Mark Cavandish last night. :y:

Downunder
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
The only way I would follow it is in a Toyota Landcruiser running the spandex wearing wankers down.

Ogen
07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
God was quite worried you were going to be into this when I noticed you were last post DU.

Ogen
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I understand them having teams in this ala F1 or whatever where 1 team organises a load of people. I don't understand them taking turns leading though from what I know of it.

Tazz Dan
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
The only way I would follow it is in a Toyota Landcruiser running the spandex wearing wankers down.

Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all???? :mad:

Or isn't your memory that good old man? :'(

LoDownM
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I think Contador has a chance to win 7 or 8 Tours btw. Personally think had Astana not been left out in, 08 was it?, he'd be going for his 4th straight win this year.

Tazz Dan
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Contador will win a few, but I don't think he'll match Armstrong. Tony Martin will be a player in the coming years and I honestly believe Cadel Evans can still win it within the next 3. Tomorrow night is when the race will start for real though with the first real mountain stage.

Downunder
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all???? :mad:

Or isn't your memory that good old man? :'(

A Toyota is my vehicle of choice, that's a nice thing.

parkmania
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I watch bits and pieces of it. The wife hates it worse than NASCAR, so sometimes I turn it on just to mess with her.

Nicky Fives
07-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Couldn't care less honestly..... I consider myself lucky to catch 20 seconds of highlights on SportsCentre....

Tazz Dan
07-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Nicky Fives :'(

Moonax
07-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Dertie Contador is no where near the rider the hype says he is. Although he has his wins, the way in which he has won the race has been largely by default:

2007 - was 5 mins down on Vino and 2 mins down on Rasmussen when they got kicked out.
2008 - wins the Giro because the dopped up Sella took money to super-dom him across Italy. Wins the Vuelta by time bonuses from the poison dwarf LeviHype.
2009 - wins the TDF after a long TTT which took out Evans, Menchov, Gesink and Sastre (no JVDB either), the parcours was very easy (which is why Wiggins was able to come fourth), and he had the likes of Kloden to help him, and Schleck was being mismanaged by Riis.

The Manx Hobbit is the poster boy for HGH use. I wouldn't get too close to him because he is the rider most likely to get busted (along with Dertie) for doping.

The best stage was the pave stage IMO.

http://justcycling.myfastforum.org/index.php