PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff

Blind-Rage
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Does anyone think that putting Bischoff in total control of TNA would turn the company around if Heyman does not come in? I think that Bischoff still has a great mind for the business and with Hogan there he is limited to what he could do. Even though he and Hogan are best friends! I just think Hogan wants to do what he wants to do and Bischoff is his yes man.

Schlomey
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
well the fact remains that NOBODY except those that are in the know and have the power know exactly what goes on backstage in TNA.

Who knows how much control each actually have? Nobody except them.

So this is kind of a moot thread/point.

I am happy as hell with the product and just recently became a real fan so I will just say that Victory Road looks awesome and TNA Impact has been better than RAW and Smackdown the last few weeks.

Blind-Rage
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM
well the fact remains that NOBODY except those that are in the know and have the power know exactly what goes on backstage in TNA.

I am happy as hell with the product and just recently became a real fan so I will just say that Victory Road looks awesome and TNA Impact has been better than RAW and Smackdown the last few weeks.

Hey I am a real fan lol but I just want to see them do better in the ratings like I know they could. Also I think right now TNA is a better product than the WWE and I am a fan of them too since 1976. Thanks Schlomey

Steveviscious89
07-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I thought the show was pretty good too. Don't expect many posters on this site to admit to that though, haha. For some reason they seem to think that being dicks actually helps the business.....you got me on that.

It's hard to say whether or not Bischoff in total control would be a good idea. Yes it worked fairly well once upon a time, but does it work 14 years later? That's the question that nobody can answer. I don't think you can go by what's taking place right now. The business is at a very low point and isn't nearly as popular in terms of true fans as it was back then even before the boom. Also, the money isn't there either as it was back then. I think money had a lot to do with Bischoff's success in WCW. Without it, he may never have had half the guys that were on that roster. Now they have to do things the hard way and it's going to be a long uphill struggle. WWE has a very solid product and always will just because of its experience, even if we think it's a bit on the boring side right now. I have to go with what a lot of guys here are saying and suggest that they really try not to worry about the fact that there is another larger company because there's nothing they can do to control that anyway. The business does need competition, but TNA needs to be a lot stronger before they can pose any serious threat. So is Bischoff the answer?....I don't think it's a matter of who it is that's in charge...obviously Bischoff can handle it so long as he doesn't get burned out. What matters is how long they stick it out. Lack of strength in management is one of the things that always hurt WCW, prior to and after its glory days.

The Pope
07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Tonight's RVD vs Joe was pretty good!

Blind-Rage
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I thought the show was pretty good too. Don't expect many posters on this site to admit to that though, haha. For some reason they seem to think that being dicks actually helps the business.....you got me on that.

It's hard to say whether or not Bischoff in total control would be a good idea. Yes it worked fairly well once upon a time, but does it work 14 years later? That's the question that nobody can answer. I don't think you can go by what's taking place right now. The business is at a very low point and isn't nearly as popular in terms of true fans as it was back then even before the boom. Also, the money isn't there either as it was back then. I think money had a lot to do with Bischoff's success in WCW. Without it, he may never have had half the guys that were on that roster. Now they have to do things the hard way and it's going to be a long uphill struggle. WWE has a very solid product and always will just because of its experience, even if we think it's a bit on the boring side right now. I have to go with what a lot of guys here are saying and suggest that they really try not to worry about the fact that there is another larger company because there's nothing they can do to control that anyway. The business does need competition, but TNA needs to be a lot stronger before they can pose any serious threat. So is Bischoff the answer?....I don't think it's a matter of who it is that's in charge...obviously Bischoff can handle it so long as he doesn't get burned out. What matters is how long they stick it out. Lack of strength in management is one of the things that always hurt WCW, prior to and after its glory days.

Excellent point!!!!! Do you think TNA just needs to market more? Like I said I just worry with Hogan in charge he may be taking them in the wrong direction. I know its crazy and maybe stupid but sometimes I think Hogan is working for Vince trying to destroy TNA. TNA made some bad choices like starting the monday night wars again I just don't think they were ready or had the wrong people in charge. Just work on bringing up the ratings. I really do love watching impact I watch it all the way through unlike WWE where I fast foreward it on my DVR.

The Pope
07-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Excellent point!!!!! Do you think TNA just needs to market more? Like I said I just worry with Hogan in charge he may be taking them in the wrong direction. I know its crazy and maybe stupid but sometimes I think Hogan is working for Vince trying to destroy TNA. TNA made some bad choices like starting the monday night wars again I just don't think they were ready or had the wrong people in charge. Just work on bringing up the ratings. I really do love watching impact I watch it all the way through unlike WWE where I fast foreward it on my DVR.

Vince and Hogan hate each other, I don't think he'd want to help his enemy.

Blind-Rage
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Vince and Hogan hate each other, I don't think he'd want to help his enemy.

or do they???? HMMMMMMM:shifty:

Jimmy Cones
07-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Fuck the ratings. They have been putting out a good product, whatever they are currently doing is fine.

The Pope
07-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Fuck the ratings. They have been putting out a good product, whatever they are currently doing is fine.

I do agree, Since they started pushing Lethal,Kazarian, and some of the other young guys it's been good shows. They've even started putting MCMG back on TV. I just hope they push The Pope all the way to the top of the mountain.

MoFo
07-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I hope Heyman joins and only pushes ECW guys, jobs out AJ and bankrupts the fuck out of them

The Pope
07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I hope Heyman joins and only pushes ECW guys, jobs out AJ and bankrupts the fuck out of them
:nono:

MoFo
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
not exactly unlikely though is it

The Pope
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
not exactly unlikely though is it

I would answer this but since it's not a question I wont

DAMN iNATOR
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Doesn't make the thread or the point contained in it any less valid though, if that's what you're trying to imply.

MoFo
07-09-2010, 12:40 PM
I would answer this but since it's not a question I wont

*not exactly unlikely though is it?

The Pope
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
*not exactly unlikely though is it?

Hmm, I don't see why he would do that. If he's supposed to make a ton of money, why would he want that to stop?

MoFo
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
he already bankrupted one promotion, he isnt this almighty saviour the iwc make him out to be

The Pope
07-09-2010, 08:31 PM
he already bankrupted one promotion, he isnt this almighty saviour the iwc make him out to be

The difference with ECW was that he had like $2 dollars to work with.

Blind-Rage
07-09-2010, 11:50 PM

You can't say fuck the ratings because if they continue to get low ratings spike may drop them. They would then be without a network. I do not want to see them go back to pay per views only again. I love TNA but it still needs some work. I will keep watching impact.

Blind-Rage
07-09-2010, 11:52 PM

He mishandled the finances thats all. That is why it shut down he owed people money.:roll:

Gertner
07-09-2010, 11:53 PM

Spike TV doesn't think that.

The Pope
07-10-2010, 01:08 PM
You can't say fuck the ratings because if they continue to get low ratings spike may drop them. They would then be without a network. I do not want to see them go back to pay per views only again. I love TNA but it still needs some work. I will keep watching impact.

They are one of the highest rated shows on the network. Just a guess here but i'm guessing 2nd to UFC.

Kane Knight
07-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Does anyone think that putting Bischoff in total control of TNA would turn the company around if Heyman does not come in? I think that Bischoff still has a great mind for the business and with Hogan there he is limited to what he could do. Even though he and Hogan are best friends! I just think Hogan wants to do what he wants to do and Bischoff is his yes man.

Bish was never that great. He had some good ideas amidst a sea of "meh" or worse. People tend to selectively remember the best, which is part of the reason neither Bischoff nor Heyman will be as good as remembered. Nostalgia will bias us, maybe even lead us to blame Dixie, Hogan, John Cena or Barack Obama for the failure to meet our standards, but odds are neither will recapture that bottled lightning.

Also, I'm against sole creative control to anyone. Even Russo can have good ideas if filtered, and even the biggest and brightest can have horrible ideas if nobody's around to counter or veto.

Blind-Rage
07-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Bish was never that great. He had some good ideas amidst a sea of "meh" or worse. People tend to selectively remember the best, which is part of the reason neither Bischoff nor Heyman will be as good as remembered. Nostalgia will bias us, maybe even lead us to blame Dixie, Hogan, John Cena or Barack Obama for the failure to meet our standards, but odds are neither will recapture that bottled lightning.

Also, I'm against sole creative control to anyone. Even Russo can have good ideas if filtered, and even the biggest and brightest can have horrible ideas if nobody's around to counter or veto.

Your point is well taken. I just don't know then who could write the show to help get better ratings and get more people interested. I still think Bischoff would be good. Who knows.

MoFo
07-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Bischoff still has a 1998 mindset, he thinks people actually want to see WCW II, I wouldnt want him booking anything in this era

The Pope
07-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Bischoff still has a 1998 mindset, he thinks people actually want to see WCW II, I wouldnt want him booking anything in this era

What makes you say that? All he's doing in TNA is working with his production company and being an authority figure.

ron the dial
07-11-2010, 12:33 PM
old blood running the booking will never save tna.

The Pope
07-11-2010, 12:37 PM
old blood running the booking will never save tna.

They need Kurt Angle to be the booker.

ron the dial
07-11-2010, 12:38 PM
false. he is a wrestler, not a booker, and it should stay that way. they need somebody that none of us even really know to step up with a fresh mind, fresh ideas, and some new direction aimed at this generation of potential wrestling fans, not the fans from 10-15 years ago. turning to the dinosaurs will only make things worse.

The Pope
07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Then who should be the booker?

ron the dial
07-11-2010, 01:19 PM
it's not my job to make the decisions, just judge them.

The Pope
07-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Sounds good to me.