PDA

View Full Version : TNA Impact Taping Spoilers

taker707
07-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Credit: John Benoit/Pwinsider.com

TNA Impact opens with Mike Tenay and Taz discussing Victory Road and its aftermath.

Abyss comes out with his board of nails, which has a piece of raw meat hanging off of it, and cuts a promo. He named his board “Janice” and starts beating the meat to death with the board. The crowd chants for RVD, then chants “Beat that Meat.” Abyss tells RVD not to worry, because this is going to happen to him. Abyss actually broke the board because he was hitting the mat so hard with it.

*Abyss had ripped up the apron so the crew was changing it. While that was taking place, they showed Taylor Wilde and Sarita brawling all over backstage. Neither one has the upper hand as the video ends. They brawl into the Impact Zone and then to ringside. It’s a really good brawl. Wilde tosses Sarita into the first row and chokes her with a purse strap. She chokes out Sarita to get the win, so it was some sort of unannounced hardcore bout.

*There’s a backstage segment with Kevin Nash and Miss Tessmacher that I wasn’t able to hear clearly.

*X-Division champion Douglas Williams vs. Brian Kendrick is up. Lots of dueling chants followed by a USA chant. Good back and forth match. Kendrick locks in the Cobra Clutch and Williams quits. After the match, Kevin Nash comes out and Kendrick has words with him. Nash chokeslams him.

Nash demands that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff give him TV time and says he’s a living legend. He said that he is going to make an example out of Brian Kendrick but Jeff Jarrett comes out. He tells Nash to settle down or he could end up suspended like Sting. Jarrett tells Nash an egotistical son of a b**ch who cares about nothing but money. Jarrett says that since he took care of Nash, Nash got it. Nash walked off, leaving Jarrett in the ring.

*Samoa Joe vs. Rob Terry vs. Desmond Wolfe. The match starts with both Terry and Joe beating up Wolfe. Wolfe rolls to the outside and then Terry and Joe start beating up each other. Wolfe comes and start to take advantage of the situation. Samoa Joe gets the win via a submission on Wolfe. The camera focuses on Chelsea, who is none too pleased and walks off angry as Wolfe trails behind.

*First in a Best of Five Series: TNA Tag Team champions The Motor City Machineguns vs. Beer Money Inc. Only way to win is to grab the contract. I guess TNA feels the way a lot of fans do about the teams stealing the show last night. All I can say is thank you to TNA for giving us more! Beer Money is out first and James Storm cuts a promo, noting they are tired of getting screwed. Beer Money wins so they lead 1-0. The match was freaking incredible. The Guns grabbed the contract first but James Storm cracked the beer bottle, making one of the Guns drop it and he scooped it up. Big spotlfest with lots of using the ladder as a base and a weapon. Way too much going on to describe, but worth going out of your way to see. I can’t wait for the next match..

*Jay Lethal vs. Jeff Hardy is announced for Hard Justice PPV.

*Pope Dinero pinned Matt Morgan. Pretty simple, nothing much to report from the bout itself. After the match, Morgan attacked Pope and set him up against the post for the Carbon Footprint but Ken Anderson made the save. He tossed Pope in the ring, then worked over Morgan. Anderson tried to shake hands with Pope but Pope, remembering their past, doesn’t shake it. Anderson heads up the ramp.

*Backstage, Madison Rayne is acting like she’s above Lacey Von Erich and Velvet Sky. Velvet gets angry and storms off.

*Madison Rayne comes out to protest the referee’s decision at the PPV. She says TNA has seven days to give her the belt back or she will sue TNA. The Beautiful People come out and demand an answer as to why Rayne has recruited the motorcycle woman without their permission. Rayne calls Sky a dumb blonde. Sky responds in time. Velvet threatens to kick Rayne’s a** when TNA Knockouts champ Angelina Love comes outt. She says Sky was the one driving the bike which Sky denies and storms backstage, telling Love that Rayne is all hers. Rayne demands her title. Love and Rayne begin fighting. The motorcycle woman arrives and helps Rayne. Love is left beaten down and Rayne leaves with the Motorcycle woman.

*Jeff Hardy pinned Jay Lethal with a swanton in a good back and forth match. The former ECW crew showed up in the crowd during the match. He and Lethal shake hands.

*During a break, Jeremy Borash announced they will be doing special PPV packages for VIPS every month going forward.

*The final segment is an announcement from Ric Flair. Ric Flair comes out with AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian. Flair said that the PPV was the worst night of his career, then announces Styles and Kaz as the first two members of Fortune. Desmond Wolfe came out and protests, but Abyss hits the ring so they all leave. Abyss calls out Rob Van Dam. He tells RVD “they are coming” and once “they get here”, no one can stop them. He tells RVD that he has been instructed to bring them the TNA title. He says at Hard Justice, they are going to hang Janice 15 feet in the air and have an Extreme Anything Goes match. RVD and Abyss start fighting. Abyss gets the upper hand. Ink, Inc. comes out to help but aren’t able to stop Abyss. The former ECW guys hop the rail as Mick Foley appears on the stage. They charge the ring and attack Abyss to rescue RVD. Security, agents and TNA wrestlers hit the ring and it’s a crazy brawl. Names like Al Snow and Devon side with the ECW guys and it’s the former ECW brawling with everyone and anyone asssociated with TNA and the crowd is going nuts for the two sides. Dixie Carter is trying to keep the peace but it’s impossible. In the end, ECW takes over with Foley in charge. The end was awesome and actually better than the WWE vs. Nexus angles as everyone fought and no one ran away after 30 seconds.

Sounds Awesome .

VSG
07-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I thought Abyss was talking about ECW guys being the "They" in his statements? Whatever!

Xero
07-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Is there really a point in putting it in a spoiler tag?

VSG
07-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Schlomey or Indifferent Clox might throw a fit.

The Pope
07-13-2010, 12:55 AM
This just ruined IMPACT for me.

taker707
07-13-2010, 01:22 AM
This just ruined IMPACT for me.

u chose to read it

jskinnyg
07-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Then don't READ IT...

MoFo
07-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Abyss comes out with his board of nails, which has a piece of raw meat hanging off of it, and cuts a promo. He named his board “Janice” and starts beating the meat to death with the board. The crowd chants for RVD, then chants “Beat that Meat.” Abyss tells RVD not to worry, because this is going to happen to him. Abyss actually broke the board because he was hitting the mat so hard with it.

WUT THE FUCK?

The Mackem
07-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Haven't watched TNA in a while and don't know what's going on but it read like a good show even before the TNA vs. ECW ruckus at the end.

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 08:27 AM
This is going to be awesome.

BizarroKing
07-13-2010, 09:09 AM
The crowd chants “Beat that Meat.”

:rofl:

Schlomey
07-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Sounds like yet another week that Impact will top the best wrestling show of the week. On paper this show looks pretty groovy.

VSG
07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Free tv being the better show and PPV's that suck, something wrong in there.

Schlomey
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes I agree with that. The TV shows are written so well and this past PPV was booked very solidly...how/why did they change the booking style for the PPV? Nutty.

VSG
07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
They are following the death of WCW routine here as well. Sooner or later, they better realize it or they will end up with having to cancel all PPV's as that rumour a month ago claimed.

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
"Beat that Meat" is going to be the next "Austin 3:16."

The Pope
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
u chose to read it

I'm kidding, I didn't read it.

Swiss Ultimate
07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
MCMG VS. Beer Money sounds like a reason to watch.

I still don't care about Abyss though so I really don't want to see RVD VS. Abyss.

Schlomey
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Swiss has his head on straight.

bigslimjj
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
long live the hardcore revolution.MCMG vs. Beer Money=the best of tag team wrestling.

CSL
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
While of course there is every chance that the angle at the end (and maybe for a short while thereafter) will be fun to watch if it's done well, essentially re-hashing a 5 year old WWE storyline is quite tragic.

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 05:00 PM
While of course there is every chance that the angle at the end (and maybe for a short while thereafter) will be fun to watch if it's done well, essentially re-hashing another 5 year old WWE storyline is quite tragic.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I like that TNA is at least trying. I am going to watch, because I want to give them another shot. Kurt Angle's current storyline is one of the best in professional wrestling right now. But it sounds like they are listening to their fans, and are actually giving tag team wrestling a stage, and doing what they can to put on some great matches.

I don't like that they announced Jeff Hardy vs. Jay Lethal for Hard Justice, only to give it away on free TV? There must be a catch here. Either it was a typo, or I think Hardy turns heel heading into Hard Justice, which is just a bad move.

The ECW will be better to watch than read about, I am sure. I'll just mark out for an Al Snow sighting. While it may not be the freshest angle -- it sounds like it was a hot brawl. Plus, it depends what position they have the ECW guys take up. Face/heel lines are more blurred in TNA -- but if they give a "bitter" edge to a lot of the ECW guys, an angle like this might work a bit better.

Testicle
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Lol at the last part...'better than the NXT angle.' :rofl:

Testicle
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I like that TNA is at least trying.

No.

If they were trying, 75% of their roster wouldn't be has beens.

Testicle
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Throwing money =/= trying

Swiss Ultimate
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
My biggest problem with TNA is that they have too many talents that they can't possibly do something with all of them.

Jeritron
07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
My biggest problem with TNA is that they have too many talents that they can't possibly do something with all of them.

I think that's wrestling fans' problem in general. They will always talk about the wasted potential on guys. "____ really dropped the ball with _____."
Not everyone is going to get a huge push and become a main eventer. The guys who don't get the break, or don't get over well, are always the ones who are focused on by certains fans. They disregard the ones who are pushed, and their realized potential. Midcard is a dirty word among many fans and that's a shame.

MikeyMike
07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
This is going to be awesome.

this

Testicle
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
I think that's wrestling fans' problem in general. They will always talk about the wasted potential on guys. "____ really dropped the ball with _____."
Not everyone is going to get a huge push and become a main eventer. The guys who don't get the break, or don't get over well, are always the ones who are focused on by certains fans. They disregard the ones who are pushed, and their realized potential. Midcard is a dirty word among many fans and that's a shame.

It's not that they are 'midcard', its that they have good talent that gets no tv time.

Vastardikai
07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
<--- would rather be a WWE jobber than a Main Eventer at Alphabet Soup Pro-Wrestling in Buttfuck, Idaho.

Xero
07-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Figured I'd put this in here.

From PWInsider:

TNA Impact for 7/22

*We open with the standard pyro as Taz and Mike Tenay welcome us.

*TNA Global champion Rob Terry vs. AJ Styles. Pretty decent with Kaz trying help Styles every chance he gets. At one point, Terry does push ups with Styles. In the end, Styles uses the ropes to get the pin and become the new Global champion. Fortune gets their first title.

*Sarita and Madison Rayne are speaking backstage about their issues with Velvet Sky and Taylor Wilde, respectively. Sky shows up. Sky accuses Sarita of being the motorcycle woman. They mention the Knockouts Tag Team titles will be defended tonight.

*Angelina Love and Taylor Wilde vs. Sarita and Madision Rayne. Before the match, Earl Hebner announces that since the TNA Board of Directors has no proof it was actually a member of the Beautiful People who interfered at Victory Road, the Knockouts championship must go back to Rayne. Love hands the belt over to Hebner and Rayne is champion again. The match goes back and forth. Love and Taylor win. The Motorocycle woman arrives and helps beat down Love and Wilde. Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich come out on the stage as the heels are leaving and Rayne convinces Lacey to leave with her, leaving Sky alone on the ramp.

*Mick Foley, Rhino, Raven, Stevie Richards and Tommy Dreamer are seen arriving at the Impact Zone.

*Kurt Angle vs. Hernandez. Pretty good match. Lots of near falls but in the end, Angle locks in the anklelock and Hernandez taps. I'd assume this was a ranking match and Angle is after #6 next.

*After the match, Kevin Nash comes out and calls out Jeff Jarrett. After a minute or so, Jarrett comes out. Nash says that he thought about what Jarrett said last week, but that it wasn't Sting who is the log in the TNA punchbowl, but Jarrett. Jarrett says he doesn't know what Nash is talking about. Nash blames Jarrett for the entire Scott Hall and Sean Waltman contract issues. He tells Jarrett he is a selfish son of a b***h and walks off. Jarrett is left speechless.

*Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy for the first time ever, so they are giving away a PPV bout for free. The match starts off with Joe chants then Hardy chants start, building to dueling chants as the two battle around ringside. Pretty back forth between the two with lots of near falls. Joe takes advantage by keeping it mat based wrestling so Hardy cannot get his high flying stuff going. Lots of powerful chops by Joe. More near falls. Joe has the crossface locked in but hardy gets his foot to the ropes. Fans chanting for Hardy. They keep going and the bell rings for a time limit draw. They keep going at it as the referees try to keep them apart.

*Mr. Anderson pinned Matt Morgan with the Mic Check. Morgan attacks Anderson after the match when he calls for the mic and bloodies him. Anderson is helped out by the trainers.

*TNA Tag Team champions The Motor City Machineguns vs. Beer Money in a No Rules Street Fight. Match #2 of 5 match series. Beer Money out first in t-shirt and jeans with kneepads on out, Next are the Guns dressed in shirts and their wrestling outfits. The fight goes straight up the ramp immediately. One of the Guns hold Storm so the other can sprint up the ramp with a kick. Beer Money uses a chair to take back over. Beer Money clothesline referee Brian Hebner. The Guns use a trash can on Storm. Earl Hebner runs in but is bumped and there's no referee. Storm cracks a beer bottle over one of the Gun's heads. They drag a ref over to count and get the pinfall. Beer Money are up 2-0.

*Christy Hemme interviewed TNA champion Rob Van Dam. Both mentioned the ECW letters as Van Dam said ECW was where he first became a star and it was great to be back with the boys again last week.

*TNA President Dixie Carter came out to address what happened last week with Tommy Dreamer. She notes that she had invited the former ECW stars to TNA. Dreamer put over ECW legends like Taz and others. He said that "One Night Stand" inn 2005 was closure for him but Vince McMahon had to go and bring it back and forced Tommy to watch his close friends and family get fired one by one until Dreamer couldn't take it anymore. He said that his friends have been begging him for two years to come to TNA but he has two daughters now and couldn't pass up the big paycheck he was getting. When he came to Slammiversary and met with the talent before the show and felt the spirit of the fans, he knew this was the place to be. Dreamer was crying during the promo.Dreamer said that several years ago, they were promised things that didn't come true and it wasn't fair to the wrestlers or the fans. He asked Carter to give everyone "one last night." Carter agreed, but only if the former ECW crew have "full control" of the PPV. Dreamer promised they were going to take the Impact Zone "to the Extreme." Abbyss interupts and says "they are not happy. This wasn't supposed to happen and they are downright pissed." Abyss says it was Dixie's fault and he goes after her but Van Dam attacked him. Everyone hits their finisher on Abyss. Devon comes out and they do the "Get the Tables" and RVD hits the Five Star Frog Splash.

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
TNA is always trying. Don't know what Noid's on aboot.

XL
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Please don't let "Them" be Hogan/Bischoff.

Jeritron
07-13-2010, 09:58 PM
It's not that they are 'midcard', its that they have good talent that gets no tv time.

I agree but still, there tends to be an infatuation with the Sean O'Haires and Shelton Benjamins, while there is resentment for the gifted prospects who have their potential realized and see a push.