PDA

View Full Version : Respect for J.R.?

BigCrippyZ
07-13-2010, 03:02 AM
WWE debuted a new intro on tonight’s RAW that features new voice and video clips. Ted DiBiase’s spot at the beginning has been replaced by Freddie Blassie and Jim Ross has been removed.

Ross wrote the following on Twitter about the new video: “While @ gym got messages my voice was removed from Raw show open. If it matters, that’s news 2 me. Been nice 2 have been informed. Oh, well”

I know this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but could they treat Jim Ross any shittier? IMO, he's been the most loyal guy in the history of the company, second only maybe to Taker, and they don't treat him with the same loyalty or respect. Dick move WWE, dick move.

MoFo
07-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Not sure what the point in removing minor details like that is anyway

DAMN iNATOR
07-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Well, it's pretty blatantly obvious he'll probably (and regrettably) never be a part of a WWE broadcast again. I believe Vince and company probably still have a tremendous amount of respect for all the time, energy, emotion and what-have-you, into the business for 16+ years. Basically, it boils down to the fact that J.R. isn't going to be around anymore, so why not make the WWE sign-on a little more relevant with sound bites from guys who have taken over since (Striker, Cole, Grisham, etc.)?

Just my opinion. But as I said before, I have my doubts that any of this has anything to do with respecting or disrespecting J.R.

Hanso Amore
07-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, make the intro that contains clips of wrestling 50+ years old and flashes through the entire WWE history more "relevant" to today

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
How dare they change things!

V
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
JR is gone? :(

when i think of the WWF and remember things about it his voice is almost always accompanying it. bleh

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
JR is gone? :(

Yeah, nobody else really noticed, either.

dhellova guy
07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm not surprised. WWE in general and Vince in perticular have never given JR the respect he deserves. Ya, they but him in the hall of fame, right there with Pete Rose, but other then that they've done nothing but shit on this man. Bunch of pricks if you ask me.

The Pope
07-13-2010, 11:15 AM
JR was gold for like 20 + years.

Xero
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
They took out JR and added Gorgeous George, Blassie, Cole and Cena.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFYdIINA-pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFYdIINA-pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wolfpack423
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
To be honest, I didn't even notice they took JR out. He is my all time favorite announcer, but WWE is usually changing their beginning videos or raw/smackdown openings. I still don't know why they can't leave Hogan in the opening in some way. He doesn't have to talk, but I mean he did alot more than Gorgeous George and Buddy Rogers. Cena was already in the package they just added the champ is here. I liked that. Cole is actually my favorite of the announcers right now. King is great, but he's not the color commentator he used to be. Don't even get me started on Striker and Grisham. I can't stand either. Striker is always messing up facts. Yes, JR has too, but Striker messes up alot and I hate how he cheers Cody Rhodes so much after getting beaten up by him and Husky Harris.

bigslimjj
07-13-2010, 12:56 PM
"As gawd is mah witness,he is broken in half!"Austin got mcmahon!Austin got mcmahon!" Nuff said....Respect the sooner.

screech
07-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I notice they took out Taker's voice, too.

taker707
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Ross was reportedly removed from the opening video montage as punishment for appearing on camera at UFC’s 116 pay-per-view event in Las Vegas two weeks ago. Ross was interviewed on camera by Ariel Helwani of AOL Fanhouse following Brock Lesnar’s victory over Shane Carwin.

While Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg and Paul Heyman were interviewed as well, Ross is the only one currently under contract to WWE and thus decision was made to make an example out of him.

seriously ?

DAMN iNATOR
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Ross was reportedly removed from the opening video montage as punishment for appearing on camera at UFC’s 116 pay-per-view event in Las Vegas two weeks ago. Ross was interviewed on camera by Ariel Helwani of AOL Fanhouse following Brock Lesnar’s victory over Shane Carwin.

While Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg and Paul Heyman were interviewed as well, Ross is the only one currently under contract to WWE and thus decision was made to make an example out of him.

seriously ?

Jesus. "HOW DARE HE ACTUALLY WATCH A REAL SPORTING EVENT? AND LIVE, OF ALL THINGS?! THAT'S IT, WE'RE TAKING HIS VOICE-OVERS OUT OF THE INTRO PACKAGE! :mad:"

Guess it was a case of Vince being Vince and a major dick.

erickman
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
and to think he could have went to tna and maby have some power over there instead of being vinces joke.

Juan
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
and to think he could have went to tna and maby have some power over there instead of being vinces joke.

Are you retarded? He's in WWE because he wants to be.

erickman
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Are you retarded? He's in WWE because he wants to be.

yea he likes being vinces joke 1 angle had a doctor pulling jr's head out of vinces ass, then another angle had jr joining the kiss my ass club, then there was the whole suprise move jr to smackdown thing. i guess jr likes being treated like a joke good on him.

Juan
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Or maybe he doesn't think its as big a deal as you all are making it out to be? Just a thought.

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I notice they took out Taker's voice, too.

NO RESPECT FOR TAKER?????

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
yea he likes being vinces joke 1 angle had a doctor pulling jr's head out of vinces ass, then another angle had jr joining the kiss my ass club, then there was the whole suprise move jr to smackdown thing. i guess jr likes being treated like a joke good on him.

Does that mean Vince hates himself? I mean, he's been beaten with portapotties, hit in the balls, gangraped by the Harts....

Volare
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm kinda ticked they took out the ending with Triple H holding the attitude era WWF title and WHC.

Nicky Fives
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
couldn't care less.....

Lock Jaw
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
J.R. sneezed in front of Vince.

dronepool
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM

seriously ?

Not that this is a big deal but it gives me another reason to respect the WWE company less. If this is true then the WWE have some ridiculous employee regulations, fucking assholes.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
JR is clearly in the doghouse...

So I can't wait for him to take Henry's spot and win MITB.

Cool King
07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
They took out JR and added Gorgeous George, Blassie, Cole and Cena.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFYdIINA-pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFYdIINA-pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I never saw this as my stream messed up at the beginning.

I feel like with old one, they actually had a decent transition from the beginning of the company, to the WWF in the 80's, then the "New Generation", then the "Attitude Era", then the Brand Extension and to "Now".

But the new one looks and sounds like they've missed out alot of the transition (Mostly the "Attitude Era") as the majoirty of it are quotes from "Now" and also the majoirty of the wrestlers you see are current wrestlers also.

But I'm not going bitch about it and demand they add J.R again and The Undertaker quote and so on. Things change and I'm sure after about 2 weeks, we'll all be used to it and they'll be no complaining from anyone.

FourFifty
07-13-2010, 06:26 PM
No respect for JR? No love for the Taker's quote?
Well first off they have Taker's gong in there, so it's not like he's cut out.

Secondly- what about the love for Freddie Blassie, or George? JR was awesome, but didn't have the same impact as Blassie and George.
Personally I want to see Sunny in that video one day. Just a voice over with the diva's champ at the time of her saying "I know you want me."

Xero
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Not even trying to "bash Cole" here, but he definitely fucks the the flow of the audio.

Cool King
07-13-2010, 07:09 PM
He does have to be included though.

I get the feeling the kids that watch today see him as being their "J.R", if you know what I mean.

Which is a scary thought.

XL
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Thought I would summerise the changes:

1) That "Freddie Blassie, maker of Champions" bit was already in there, just not as clearly.
2) Hogan's "Hulkamania is runnin' wild..." has been removed. Happened when he signed for TNA though.
3) MDM's "Everyone's got a price" replaces Taker's "Rest In Peace"
4) Cole's "Ladies and gentlemen, it is electric" replaces JR's "my God what a match!"
5) Cena's "The champ is here" replaces JR's "It's not over/the world is watching"

The only really odd one is the MDM for Taker. It always seemed weird to me that Cena wasn't in there with an audio clip given that he is the face of the current WWE. It was also weird that the video clips ended with HHH holding belts from 8 years ago so I'm not sad to see that go.

I think they could have used JR and Cole tbh.

And doing this as punishment is pretty shitty.

Xero
07-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Million Dollar Man's been in there for months, he was just before Taker.

The Pope
07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
That new intro is gay.

XL
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Million Dollar Man's been in there for months, he was just before Taker.
:y: The one I used for reference was from last year.

Why remove Taker then? Perhaps cs he says "Rest In Peace"?

YoungFlyFlashy
07-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Hmmm....Jim Ross is in the business just recently decided to stay with WWE and not go to TNA....hmmm....I doubt Ross is being disrespected. And chances are Ross has a lifetime pay check from Vince & WWE. There's a reason he stayed.

Love Ross to DEATH! But eventually you have to move on, seriously. Usher in the new announcers.

jskinnyg
07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
This is a HUGELY DICK move from the boys at WWE... No respect for Good Ol' J.R. Just pisses me off...

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
:y: The one I used for reference was from last year.

Why remove Taker then? Perhaps cs he says "Rest In Peace"?

This is a HUGELY DICK move from the boys at WWE... No respect for The Deadman... Just pisses me off...

YoungFlyFlashy
07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Pisses you guys off...? Lets see what JR has to say...

Jim Ross posted the following, discussing his removal from the WWE RAW opening…

Too much has been made of me being edited off the WWE signature open. I was on it for a long time and it was time to update the piece. In a year or so it’s likely that the open will be tweaked again and who knows who will be added or omitted?

For me to be replaced by Gorgeous George and Freddie Blassie is absolutely a non issue to me as it relates to those who have contributed to the business in the days of yesteryear. I don’t even belong in the same conversation with Gorgeous George or Classy Freddie Blassie.

I do not feel the ‘conspiracy theory’ concept that others have shared here on the site and look at my relationship with WWE as I have for years. I have no issues with cashing their checks and likewise have no issues in doing my assigned duties. I am pleased that I am not on the road 51 weeks a year but I do look forward to traveling to Kansas City this weekend for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match PPV. I’ll also be heading to Tampa next week to visit FCW for a few days beginning on Wednesday. That should be a productive trip as well.

I’m an old school guy with a strong, Oklahoma oriented work ethic and am loyal to my employer no matter who that may be. Plus, I stopped fixating on things that I have no control over long ago.

When told by their doctors that one was 30 days away from dying it puts things like TV time, or a lack thereof, who’s doing pay by play on a given show, etc and the minutia/politics that can be found in any vocation in its proper place. I thank God every day that I have regained my health and that I am now living a healthier lifestyle that I hope will add years to my life.

I have not felt better mentally or physically in years which is BIG considering where I once was and I have too much to be thankful for to bitch and moan about a sound byte on TV.

While I do sincerely appreciate all the support that I receive and the appreciation for my work over the years, I will say that I’m excited about my future and the various opportunities that I am able to explore under my current professional arrangement. My sound bytes and commentary will live for years to come on DVDs and on such entities as WWEClassics.com and WWE 24/7 On Demand.

For some fans to consider me the “voice of the WWE” is extremely flattering but I’ve never thought that I deserved that moniker.

Stay classy, JR!

FourFifty
07-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I still don't know why they can't leave Hogan in the opening in some way. He doesn't have to talk, but I mean he did alot more than Gorgeous George and Buddy Rogers.

You're either kidding or you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Anyone could have taken Hogan's spot. No one could have replaced Gorgeous George or Nature Boy Buddy Rogers.

Providence Peep
07-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Anyone could have taken Hogan's spot.

That's debatable. Did McMahon make Hogan, or did Hogan make McMahon?

The Mackem
07-14-2010, 04:33 AM
It's not important but I think Michael Cole voice comes in too early and they should use a smaller soundbite, like 'Vintage taker'.

The Mackem
07-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Wait a minute is that Sheamus after Shawn Michaels' ladder jump?

The Mackem
07-14-2010, 04:37 AM
My sound bytes and commentary will live for years to come on DVDs and on such entities as WWEClassics.com and WWE 24/7 On Demand.

Until they are edited out :D

Kane Knight
07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Until they are edited out :D

Please, please, please don't say that. The tards will completely fly off the handle.

Volare
07-14-2010, 08:29 AM
That's debatable. Did McMahon make Hogan, or did Hogan make McMahon?

McMahon made money, and that's all that matters to him.

The Pope
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
McMahon made Hogan, if not Hogan, it would've been Randy Savage.

Providence Peep
07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Pisses you guys off...? Lets see what JR has to say...

He's just being humble and showing class. He's the greatest announcer of all time, and since that video montage is showing highlights from the history of the WWE, his iconic voice should be in it.

As someone else already pointed out, the WWE has really treated JR like crap over the years - mocking him having a disease that could have killed him, his southern drawl, firing him twice because he has an incurable disease, letting Triple H be stiff and blade him in 2005 because of a payoff in 2000, constantly ribbing him on Live TV, and sending him off to Smackdown without any notice, just because they wanted to see his reaction. Those things were all unfair and disrespectful, and IMO removing his voice from the showing opening is too.

Kane Knight
07-14-2010, 11:21 PM
He's just being humble and showing class. He's the greatest announcer of all time, and since that video montage is showing highlights from the history of the WWE, his iconic voice should be in it.

As someone else already pointed out, the WWE has really treated JR like crap over the years - mocking him having a disease that could have killed him, his southern drawl, firing him twice because he has an incurable disease, letting Triple H be stiff and blade him in 2005 because of a payoff in 2000, constantly ribbing him on Live TV, and sending him off to Smackdown without any notice, just because they wanted to see his reaction. Those things were all unfair and disrespectful, and IMO removing his voice from the showing opening is too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6EEyk-iohLw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6EEyk-iohLw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>