PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown! Taping Results *SPOILERS* (airs 7/16)

DAMN iNATOR
07-13-2010, 10:49 PM
*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Louisville, Kentucky

Written by Richard Gray on Jul 13, 2010 - 10:20:09 PM

WWE taped this week's edition of Smackdown tonight from Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky. Below are full results:

WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday on MyNetworkTV):

* The show opens with a recap video, showing the events of last week.

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes ends when Kane comes out and says that there will be bludgeoning tonight. He points his frustration at Jack Swagger by calling him a liar.

* Backstage, Rey Mysterio is shown getting his ankle wrapped. Josh Mathews asked him about his status for Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

* Backstage, Jack Swagger is shown on the phone with someone en route to the arena that is supposed to help him with his situation with Kane tonight.

* Drew McIntyre b. Christian

* Another vignette runs for Alberto Del Rio airs. He boasts about his intelligence in his luxurious home.

* CM Punk comes out for a promo. Big Show comes out with a 12-foot ladder and a 4-foot ladder. Punk and the rest of the Straight Edge Society watch as Show breaks the normal ladder. He teases he's going to get on the 4-foot ladder but ends up having the ring crew bring out a massive ladder with a 2,000 pound weight limit. Show says no matter how many times he eats at Subway he doesn't think he'll exceed the 2,000 pound weight limit on the ladder. Punk says he'd like to see Big Show do a 450 off the ladder - 450 pounds tumbling through the middle of the ring through the arena floor and into the center of the earth.

* Backstage, Jack Swagger is shown on the phone again. The person en route claims to be lost.

* Kelly Kelly & Chris Masters b. Layla & Trent Baretta in a mixed tag match. Rosa Mendes was able to provide enough distraction to Baretta and Caylen Croft for Masters to take them off. Kelly Kelly got the pin on WWE Divas Champion Layla. The men never tagged in.

* Dolph Ziggler b. Matt Hardy with interference from Vickie Guerrero

* Backstage, a limousine arrives. Someone hands Jack Swagger an envelope. Swagger comes out and introduces his father. They show photos of Swagger and his dad working out, holding a big fish and winning a chicken wing eating contest. Kane comes out, interrupting the segment. Kane is convinced Swagger is behind what happened to The Undertaker. Swagger hit Kane with the microphone then put him in an ankle lock. Rey Mysterio runs out and makes the save. Kane grabs Swagger and his father for a double chokeslam. Swagger gets out but Kane hits a chokeslam on his feather while Jack watches. Kane Tombstoned Swagger's father to end the show.

Dark Match Main Event:

* Rey Mysterio b. Jack Swagger in a cage match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

<SCRIPT>var idcomments_acct = '0b4a1f01e869f00878b7cb31f071fc2e';var idcomments_post_id;var idcomments_post_url;</SCRIPT>

CSL
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Dunno, they don't really make sense unless Juan posts them.

Juan
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Coincidentally, these are a bit more detailed

*Kane interrupted a Kofi Kingston and Cody Rhodes match then cut a promo saying Jack Swagger was a liar and was going to get revenge tonight.

*A recap of the Mysterio/Swagger feud was shown.

*Rey Mysterio was interviewed in the back saying he was too hurt to wrestle Sunday and was going to forfeit the title tonight. Then he said he wasn't serious and that karma would work against Swagger for taking out the Undertaker.

*Jack Swagger was shown talking on the phone to some unknown person who said they were stuck in traffic and would be there as soon as they could.

*Drew Mcintyre beat Christian with the double arm DDT in a solid match.

*The Alberto Del Rio promo from last week was shown.

*A video recapping CM Punk cashing in the money in the bank is shown when he beat Jeff Hardy. Hardy was shown and mentioned by name.

*The SES is in the ring. Punk talks about winning the briefcase and Big Show interrupts. Show brought a ladder with him. Show said he was out here because of Money in the Bank and to entertain. Punk said he wanted to see Show do a 450 and by that he means seeing his 450 pounds falling off a ladder. Show tried to climb the ladder and it broke so he got a step ladder and said that wouldn't work either. Then he had the crew bring out a massive ladder. It looked like two ladders put together. Punk distracted Show as SES members jumped him. Punk climbed the ladder but Show made a comeback and climbed the ladder. Show grabbed Punk and pulled his mask off exposing his bald head for the first time. Show put on the mask and left. Good segment.

*Jack Swagger was on the phone again and the mystery person said their driver was lost but promised to be there.

*Kelly Kelly and Chris Masters vs. Layla and Trent Baretta. Rosa came out distracting the Dudebusters and Masters took them out. Kelly pinned Layla with the rocker dropper. The guys did not tag in. Very short match.Matt Hardy came out and cut a promo saying he was going to win Sunday and cash in the title shot that night.

* Dolph Ziggler beat Hardy with the Zig Zag after Vickie provided a distraction.

* A limo pulls up and Swagger greets him. I believe it's his Dad.

* Swagger comes to the ring with his Dad. Swagger says he can prove he didn't have anything to do with the Undertaker situation. He says that weekend he was with his Dad. He showed pics of him and his Dad working out from that day. Then he shows pics of them winning a fishing tournament. Then pics of them winning an eating contest are shown when Kane comes out. Kane says he doesn't believe him and Swagger shows more pics as Kane grabs him. Swagger hits Kane with the mic and puts on the ankle lock. Mysterio hits a 619 on Swagger then leaves. Kane grabs both Swaggers but Jack gets away. Kane chokeslams Daddy Swagger as Jack watches. Kane then tombstoned Daddy Swagger as Jack watched again. Swagger then walked out. Kane was left standing as the show ended.

*The Dark match is Mysterio and Swagger in a cage match for the world title

glanville6
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
hate hate HATE that Christian is a jobber

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Coincidentally, these are a bit more detailed

*Kane interrupted a Kofi Kingston and Cody Rhodes match then cut a promo saying Jack Swagger was a liar and was going to get revenge tonight.

*A recap of the Mysterio/Swagger feud was shown.

*Rey Mysterio was interviewed in the back saying he was too hurt to wrestle Sunday and was going to forfeit the title tonight. Then he said he wasn't serious and that karma would work against Swagger for taking out the Undertaker.

*Jack Swagger was shown talking on the phone to some unknown person who said they were stuck in traffic and would be there as soon as they could.

*Drew Mcintyre beat Christian with the double arm DDT in a solid match.

*The Alberto Del Rio promo from last week was shown.

*A video recapping CM Punk cashing in the money in the bank is shown when he beat Jeff Hardy. Hardy was shown and mentioned by name.

*The SES is in the ring. Punk talks about winning the briefcase and Big Show interrupts. Show brought a ladder with him. Show said he was out here because of Money in the Bank and to entertain. Punk said he wanted to see Show do a 450 and by that he means seeing his 450 pounds falling off a ladder. Show tried to climb the ladder and it broke so he got a step ladder and said that wouldn't work either. Then he had the crew bring out a massive ladder. It looked like two ladders put together. Punk distracted Show as SES members jumped him. Punk climbed the ladder but Show made a comeback and climbed the ladder. Show grabbed Punk and pulled his mask off exposing his bald head for the first time. Show put on the mask and left. Good segment.

*Jack Swagger was on the phone again and the mystery person said their driver was lost but promised to be there.

*Kelly Kelly and Chris Masters vs. Layla and Trent Baretta. Rosa came out distracting the Dudebusters and Masters took them out. Kelly pinned Layla with the rocker dropper. The guys did not tag in. Very short match.Matt Hardy came out and cut a promo saying he was going to win Sunday and cash in the title shot that night.

* Dolph Ziggler beat Hardy with the Zig Zag after Vickie provided a distraction.

* A limo pulls up and Swagger greets him. I believe it's his Dad.

* Swagger comes to the ring with his Dad. Swagger says he can prove he didn't have anything to do with the Undertaker situation. He says that weekend he was with his Dad. He showed pics of him and his Dad working out from that day. Then he shows pics of them winning a fishing tournament. Then pics of them winning an eating contest are shown when Kane comes out. Kane says he doesn't believe him and Swagger shows more pics as Kane grabs him. Swagger hits Kane with the mic and puts on the ankle lock. Mysterio hits a 619 on Swagger then leaves. Kane grabs both Swaggers but Jack gets away. Kane chokeslams Daddy Swagger as Jack watches. Kane then tombstoned Daddy Swagger as Jack watched again. Swagger then walked out. Kane was left standing as the show ended.

*The Dark match is Mysterio and Swagger in a cage match for the world title

Hey, look, I can hide stuff behind "spoiler" tags, too! :D
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Krn8-YXsJUY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Krn8-YXsJUY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
:roll:

Juan
07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
umm... sick burn?

Skippord
07-14-2010, 12:33 AM
gonna be honest here Juan, you just got owned

Juan
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
I think there's a Family Guy clip for every situation in life.

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Ya know what I haven't had in a while? Big League Chew.

RGWhat316
07-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Quick we need a distraction........Ladies and Gentleman, Mr Conway Twitty!

thecc
07-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Hey, look, I can hide stuff behind "spoiler" tags, too! :D
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Krn8-YXsJUY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Krn8-YXsJUY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
:roll:http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/peter_king/07/16/mmqb/p1_keyshawn.jpg

Droford
07-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Gonna be honest..that doesn't sound like it would make me want to order the PPV on Sunday..you'd think they'd do better.

bigslimjj
07-14-2010, 02:29 AM
lol at "Daddy Swagger".Punk lost his hair what...like 3 months ago?You would think that would be enough time to grow a little back.Maybe he's like powder now?

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2010, 03:31 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/peter_king/07/16/mmqb/p1_keyshawn.jpg

Obviously you're missing the big picture here. What I did wasn't just out of spite ya know. It was to illustrate the utter pointlessness of wrapping spoiler tags around a set of spoilers in a thread already marked with the *SPOILERS* tag in the title.

Skippord
07-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Clearly :roll:

Juan
07-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Obviously you're missing the big picture here. What I did wasn't just out of spite ya know. It was to illustrate the utter pointlessness of wrapping spoiler tags around a set of spoilers in a thread already marked with the *SPOILERS* tag in the title.

Says the king of pointless over-explanations.

Jeritron
07-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Says the king (not of the ring mind you, which was a popular PPV from the WWF that ran until 2002) of pointless over-explanations.

Juan
07-14-2010, 03:48 AM
I think I'm gonna regret taking the time to explain this to you, but here goes...

I put them in the spoiler tag, not because they're *spoilers* but because I didn't want to overshadow your set of spoilers. You were a dick about it tho, so I edited your post and replaced your spoilers with mine.

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Says the king of pointless over-explanations.

Well, golly, ya really got me there!:|

Juan
07-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Lock Jaw, are you suggesting that Miz enter at #28 in the rumble, roll underneath the bottom rope (thus still staying in the hunt, as you must go over the TOP rope and have both feet touch the floor) while Hunter and Cena are down in the ring and let them both eliminate each other, only to roll back in to win it?

If he did, that'd be ridiculous but ingenious on his part.

Juan
07-14-2010, 03:56 AM
If you're referring to Undertaker's WrestleMania streak (currently 17-0), I respectfully disagree with you.

Jeritron
07-14-2010, 03:56 AM
*SIGH* OK I get the point. Now could you please revert things back to the way they were?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070117135038/bttf/images/thumb/c/c0/Goldie1955.png/200px-Goldie1955.png

Stand tall, boy. Have some respect for yourself. Don't you know if you let people walk over you now, they'll be walking over you for the rest of your life! Look at me. You think I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in this slop house?

Supreme Olajuwon
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM

IIIIIIIIIRONYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ultra Mantis
07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Grisham picked Christian to win MITB, so that's not gonna happen. Damn you Grisham.

Cody vs Kofi and Chritian vs McIntyre were both good stuff.

Volare
07-16-2010, 08:11 PM
For some reason "Dashing" Cody Rhodes is reminding me of "The Model" Rick Martel.

DAMN iNATOR
07-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Grisham picked Christian to win MITB, so that's not gonna happen. Damn you Grisham.

Cody vs Kofi and Chritian vs McIntyre were both good stuff.

What did you think of Matt v. Dolph? I enjoyed the two matches you listed as well as seeing Matt and Dolph's match. Seemed like everyone was really "on their 'A'-game" Friday.

Ultra Mantis
07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
What did you think of Matt v. Dolph? I enjoyed the two matches you listed as well as seeing Matt and Dolph's match. Seemed like everyone was really "on their 'A'-game" Friday.

I'm a big fan of Ziggler, he can get a good match out of just about anyone and Matt seems to be actually trying again since the feud with Drew. The finish was pretty cool aswell with Matt's reluctance to hit Vickie costing him the win.

I found it interesting that both Hardy and Christian lost to heel tactics, I don't think either man will win MITB but they could easily build a solid feud for these two, with one of them deciding that nice guys finish last.