PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons to watch(or not watch) Ring of Honor

bigslimjj
07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I watch WWE and TNA on a weekly basis and enjoy both(TNA more then WWE).and i dont get hd net so no access to ROH.I have seen the Joe vs. Punk trillogy and some of Bryan Danielsons matches.I was thinking about looking for it online but wasn't sure if i should take the time out of my day for even more hours of wrestling.Should I watch ROH? Gimme 5 reasons why,or why not.

VSG
07-14-2010, 03:56 PM
How about no easy online access to watch?

bigslimjj
07-14-2010, 04:01 PM
well i found a torrent site that puts it on there sometimes but its the old stuff with Nigel Mcguiness and Low Ki etc. didn't know if their new stars were worth checking out.

VSG
07-14-2010, 04:03 PM
ROH has always maintained its reputation for good in-ring action. If you like good solid wrestling but very little drama, then go for it. I get more than sufficient wrestling courtesy WWE so I rarely go past it.

Skippord
07-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I wonder what Gertner will say

mike adamle
07-14-2010, 04:29 PM
ROH has always maintained its reputation for good in-ring action. If you like good solid wrestling but very little drama, then go for it. I get more than sufficient wrestling courtesy WWE so I rarely go past it.

Except right now they have a pretty good amount of drama going on too. You have what many are saying is the feud of the year with Kevin Steen and El Generico, Roderick Strong thinking he's getting screwed anytime he's in the ring, Jerry Lynn wanting revenge on Kenny King and Rhett Titus for almost ending his career, and a rehash of the Randy Savage-Ricky Steamboat storyline with Austin Aries and Delirious.

bigslimjj
07-14-2010, 05:44 PM
didnt know jerry Lynn was there.The messiah of the backbreaker is dope.And i've seen delirious a few times...very awesome.i think that may be enough to check it out right there.lol.Is tyler black still the champ?

thecc
07-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Kings of wrestling >

that is all

Chavo Classic
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I can't give you five reasons to watch, but you should at least sit through one event; at least that way you can say you've tried it.

Droford
07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I get HDNet so you think Id watch more but I usually forget.

Gertner
07-14-2010, 06:29 PM
I wonder what Gertner will say

Thanks for the Intro.

1. Every promo consists of "grrr I'm intense, respect me"
2. It's the same "let's see how much we can fit in a 10 minute match, regardless of selling" smarks will refer to this as workrate
3. Their fans are the most obnoxious fans in wrestling. They spend all their free time looking up random shit just so they can yell and try to get themselves over.
4. The wrestlers have the personality of a cactus.
5. Every match involves each wrestler kicking out of multiple finishers at the count of 1. I once saw Jimmy Jacobs shoot Tyler Black in the chest with a .357 Magnum, and Black kicked out at 1 and a half.

Hope this was helpful.

bigslimjj
07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the Intro.

2. It's the same "let's see how much we can fit in a 10 minute match, regardless of selling" smarks will refer to this as workrate
3. Their fans are the most obnoxious fans in wrestling. They spend all their free time looking up random shit just so they can yell and try to get themselves over.
5. Every match involves each wrestler kicking out of multiple finishers at the count of 1. I once saw Jimmy Jacobs shoot Tyler Black in the chest with a .357 Magnum, and Black kicked out at 1 and a half.

Hope this was helpful.
got the ying.lol thanks for the yang.:rofl: i think "grrr I'm intense, respect me" is HHH's book title.

Mooияakeя™
07-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Spot Monkey's.

DLVH84
07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
didnt know jerry Lynn was there.The messiah of the backbreaker is dope.And i've seen delirious a few times...very awesome.i think that may be enough to check it out right there.lol.Is tyler black still the champ?

Jerry Lynn has been with ROH since 2008.

MoFo
07-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Everu match is a 60 min time limit draw

its boring as hell TBH

Kane Knight
07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Just watch a full show. It's not that painful.

Joesgonnakillyou
07-15-2010, 08:51 AM
The number one reason to watch it is because people that give you reasons not to watch it have obviously never watched it. so watch it yourself just to see how wrong they are.

Austin Aries is the 2nd best reason to watch ROH

Gertner
07-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I've watched it many times.

Kane Knight
07-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Annnnnd "No True Scotsman" fallacy in 3...2...1...

The number one reason to watch it is because people that give you reasons not to watch it have obviously never watched it.

bigslimjj
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Jerry Lynn has been with ROH since 2008.
the first post says that I don't get access to it,so how the freak am i susposed to know that some old fart ecw guy is there genius..Im sure its not good enough to go out of my way to buy dvds online or anything.From what I've seen their ring looks like my drunk uncle built it and FCW has more people in attendance.

thecc
07-15-2010, 05:52 PM
the first post says that I don't get access to it,so how the freak am i susposed to know that some old fart ecw guy is there genius..Im sure its not good enough to go out of my way to buy dvds online or anything.From what I've seen their ring looks like my drunk uncle built it and FCW has more people in attendance.LOL

DLVH84
07-16-2010, 11:33 PM
To be fair, Jerry has been doing very well in ROH. He's one of the few veterans that like to put younger talent over.

The Show Off
07-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the Intro.

Hope this was helpful.

1. Watch an A Double promo.
2. Some what true but a decent amout of wrestlers on their roster know how to sell and tell a story.
3. Is true but know-it-all wrestling fans are everywhere not just ROH. Besides you shouldn't deprive yourself of ROH based on people in the crowd being obnoxious.
4. I once again refer you to A Double or Christopher Daniels or Steve Corino or Colt Cabana or Delirious or Steve Corino or The Briscoes or Chris Hero or Claudio Castagnoli or Eddie Kingston or...
5. The kink out of finishers only really happens habitually in main events not in every match.

thecc
07-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the Intro.

Hope this was helpful.http://livingelpaso.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/haters.jpg

Juan
07-17-2010, 12:07 AM
I've watched it many times.

I don't see how anything an ROH fans says can be more obnoxious than you constantly talking about how much your hate ROH and its fans.

The Show Off
07-17-2010, 12:12 AM
And here are some of the reasons to watch...

1. Great matches: ROH has more entertaining, interesting and compelling matches per show than any wrestling promotion in the United States.

2. Up and Comers: Do you like Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Kaval, Daniel Bryan, Alex Shelley, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Desmond Wolfe, Douglas Williams, Generation Me, Homicide, Jay Lethal and Samoa Joe? All of them made their bones in ROH and the wrestling industry is trending towards WWE & TNA stars getting their start in ROH. Watch them before they become "superstars."

3. More Bang for Your Buck: (Not the Young Bucks finishing move they're in TNA (see above)) If you like live wrestling you can go to an ROH show if it's ever in your area for far cheaper than WWE and you can basically be gaurenteed you'll see a "great" match.

4. Variety: Do you like good technical wrestling? Or do you like wild hardcore brawls? Do you like tag team wrestling? Well if you said yes to any of those you can find any in ROH.

5. Austin Aries, Jerry Lynn, Tyler Black, The Briscoes, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Roderick Strong, Cold Cabana, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Kenny Omega and Christopher Daniels are just some of the names of great wrestlers you're missing out on.

DLVH84
07-17-2010, 12:19 AM
And here are some of the reasons to watch...

1. Great matches: ROH has more entertaining, interesting and compelling matches per show than any wrestling promotion in the United States.

2. Up and Comers: Do you like Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Kaval, Daniel Bryan, Alex Shelley, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Desmond Wolfe, Douglas Williams, Generation Me, Homicide, Jay Lethal and Samoa Joe? All of them made their bones in ROH and the wrestling industry is trending towards WWE & TNA stars getting their start in ROH. Watch them before they become "superstars."

3. More Bang for Your Buck: (Not the Young Bucks finishing move they're in TNA (see above)) If you like live wrestling you can go to an ROH show if it's ever in your area for far cheaper than WWE and you can basically be gaurenteed you'll see a "great" match.

4. Variety: Do you like good technical wrestling? Or do you like wild hardcore brawls? Do you like tag team wrestling? Well if you said yes to any of those you can find any in ROH.

5. Austin Aries, Jerry Lynn, Tyler Black, The Briscoes, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Roderick Strong, Cold Cabana, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Kenny Omega and Christopher Daniels are just some of the names of great wrestlers you're missing out on.

Exactly.

Destor
07-17-2010, 12:23 AM
the american psycology of a finisher is illogical. just sayin. could you imagine if boxers or mixed martial artist finishers in the american context?

SPAM THE HOOK FORMAN! IT ONLY TAKES ONE!

The Show Off
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM
the american psycology of a finisher is illogical. just sayin. could you imagine if boxers or mixed martial artist finishers in the american context?

SPAM THE HOOK FORMAN! IT ONLY TAKES ONE!

But it's theatrical.

Kane Knight
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM
The psychology of wrestling in general is illogical.

Seems weird to complain about one particular element of an illogical genre as illogical. It's like complaining about the coldness of an ice cube in a snow storm.

Destor
07-17-2010, 12:35 AM
if you want the best wrestling in america today...watch Dragon Gate USA...but if you just need some wrestling treated like a sport, with highend high quality workrate, creative approaches to matches, insanely high numbers of falsies, with a splash of southern heat, that doesnt treat you like your in middle school, the current RoH product is for you.

if you want larger than life charectors, amazing bodies, 7 min matches, 20 min promos, and sideshow atteactions like giants and midgets then mainstream wrestling is probably for you. its has wide variety so there might be something that you like by then end of the show.

( and if you choose workrate/wrestling matches should check out their tv episodes on youtube via the RoHBrazil account. its slowed down a lot in the past few years so your not gonna get upper echilon workrate 90% of the time, save main events, like in days past but its still the most creative wrestling with the highest workrate and best wrestlers that is easily accesable today.)

((dgusa is miles ahead of roh right now in terms of quality work. pwg is right there with roh too tho.)

Destor
07-17-2010, 12:36 AM
if you want the best wrestling in america today...watch Dragon Gate USA...but if you just need some wrestling treated like a sport, with highend high quality workrate, creative approaches to matches, insanely high numbers of falsies, with a splash of southern heat, that doesnt treat you like your in middle school, the current RoH product is for you.

if you want larger than life charectors, amazing bodies, 7 min matches, 20 min promos, and sideshow atteactions like giants and midgets then mainstream wrestling is probably for you. its has wide variety so there might be something that you like by then end of the show.

( and if you choose workrate/wrestling matches should check out their tv episodes on youtube via the RoHBrazil account. its slowed down a lot in the past few years so your not gonna get upper echilon workrate 90% of the time, save main events, like in days past but its still the most creative wrestling with the highest workrate and best wrestlers that is easily accesable today.)

((dgusa is miles ahead of roh right now in terms of quality work. pwg is right there with roh too tho, but access to it is difficult unless you buy the dvds or torrent.))

Kane Knight
07-17-2010, 12:36 AM
But it's theatrical.

All non-American theatre is logical.

In fact, non-American entertainment is all logical.

The Show Off
07-17-2010, 01:23 AM

((dgusa is miles ahead of roh right now in terms of quality work. pwg is right there with roh too tho, but access to it is difficult unless you buy the dvds or torrent.))

I have yet to see Dragongate: USA but I sense that "miles ahead of ROH" is hyperbole, but if it isn't then wow.

James Steele
07-17-2010, 02:50 AM
I have yet to see Dragongate: USA but I sense that "miles ahead of ROH" is hyperbole, but if it isn't then wow.

It has ROH's old booker when they had CM Punk and crew.