PDA

View Full Version : Something I've always wondered about Storylines and Feuds

Mooияakeя™
07-21-2010, 03:37 PM
This question came from this video I watched in another thread.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C54J6QLMMmQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C54J6QLMMmQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Listen to how the wrestlers are talking. I know it's kayfabe etc, but as they don't sound so in character here, it got me thinking.

Do wrestlers know what is going on with each others storylines and feuds?

*Like right now, does Matt Hardy, Dolph Ziggler etc. know what's happening with Rey Mysterio and Swagger.

*Would DiBiase Jr and say Regal know what is happening with the Nexus angle and what Miz will do with his money in the bank??

*Even to as much as, like the vid above, would people know what is happening with Taker and Michaels. They sound sincer as well as kayfabe on that vid, so it's really making me think.

Do any of you KNOW, or you just hazarding a guess? Either way, discuss.

:)

Majunior
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
If I were to hazard a guess?

I would surmise to some degree wrestlers know what's going on with their coworker's storylines. (Although it may depend on cliques and friends as opposed to being common knowledge.)

My reasoning is, they talk.

Morrison may not know what's happening with Jericho's current feud/storyline. But then Jericho, Edge, Morrison, and Miz share a car from city A to city B. They talk some shop to pass the time. (I'm certain they talk about plenty of other stuff, too.) But by the end of the car ride, Edge, Morrison, and Miz have a pretty good idea of what's up with Jericho's plans, based on what Jericho himself knows, and vice versa.

Just a hunch.

Snowden
07-21-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm sure, kayfabe wise, they do. Would make sense, as there's a 'locker room' wherein they would converse and hang out.

In, say, the MLB Rockies are in a tight race in the NL West, but I'm sure they're aware of whats going on in the AL Central and may make mention of it, even though they may not have played any central teams this year.

Plus, we know discussions go on off camera, and the wrestlers can talk. See: Cena setting up his superfriends against the Nexus.

Mooияakeя™
07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Ok, well as a rule. Like of course there's chatter here and there, but I mean like, If Regal doesn't get on with Morrison and doesn't really interact with people who Morrison would work out with, chill with, ride with etc. Would he have no idea what is going on, or do you think there are team briefings before the events say around 14:00hrs till 1500/1600hrs where they bring "the guys" up to speed so people know what's going on.... kinda keeping them in the loop.

Or is it does separate? Like the bookers go aside and tell each group 1 by 1.

That would be manic time consuming, especially if a worker is on a busy schedule that night interfering here and there. So the first paragraph I think may be the one. Soemone needs to ask an indy wrestler this who's had experience in WWE, or dare I say it TNA for a while.

Londoner
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I'lld imagine everyone would know enough about whats going on.

Nicky Fives
07-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I would say so... I'm sure some of them will actually watched most of the televison shows when they are on the road..... perhaps only to see how a certain spot of theirs came across on TV and may wind up watching the entire show.....

rated rjo
07-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I am not so sure. Take the either the Nexus angle or HBK vs. Bret in Montreal as an example. In both of those cases, we know that only those involved were talked to about what would transpire during the match. When things finally went down, no one knew what was going on because creative wanted genuine feelings of surprise from their players.

Xero
07-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Outside of anything that involves them or they hear from conversing with other guys, I'd guess they only have a broad outline of what's going to happen.

A lot of stuff is played close to the chest these days, with the internet being such a huge part of the industry. They want to prevent spoilers from getting out, so I'd imagine that it's a case of knowing what you NEED to know and that's it, at least directly from the higher ups.

Then again, let's face it, the writers usually don't even know what they're doing from week to week. Vince changes his mind on an hourly basis.

Indifferent Clox
07-26-2010, 01:29 AM
From watching shoots I gather it depends in the indiciduals intrest in the current product

Schlomey
07-26-2010, 09:06 AM
my guess is that all talents know what is going on:

1. Because they value their jobs and would look pretty bad if they are not in the know with what is going on with the company.

2. Because they talk.

3. Production meetings & the weekly posted backstage card.

Aguakate
07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
I think the wrestlers dont actually know the OUTCOME of a feud, but like, today being Monday, im sure they all know who's wrestling who, who's going to win, etc...

Being as Vince and WWE change storylines so quick, and sometimes not even THEY know what they are going to do with the storylines (because they are always brainstorming and changing things around), I dont think they all know the outcomes of feuds. Also, because of the internet, and "leaks", im sure Vince and WWE don't give it all away.

thedamndest
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
In kayfabe the guys that don't regularly interact would just watch the show. WWE assumes that everyone in the world watches WWE and WWE-related shows/movies.