PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console/Wiiware

Kapoutman
07-21-2010, 10:42 PM
What games have you guys bought for these two services?

A friend of mine is making a research about it for a piece on the death of the Virtual Console.

I guess you can also take the opportunity to discuss VC games or whatever.

Yeah.

Thanks in advance.

Emperor Smeat
07-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Punchout (NES), One of the Metal Slug games, and Tecmo Bowl (NES) for a cousin's Wii since at the time I didn't own the system.

Super C, Bubble Booble, Legend of Zelda, and River City Ransom on my console.

I had the link to an article a few days ago but lost it that explained a few reasons behind the lack of VC updates recently. It had to do with the whole retro revival from last year and everyone making compilation discs or "remakes"/updates of older games which hurt sales on certain games on VC. Also had something like a few companies starting to dry up support (ex. Sega) and the cost it takes to get older unrated games to be rated by the ESRB.

EDIT : Found the article/webpage that sort of discusses the problems VC is having last few months.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=20331745&postcount=1092

Vietnamese Crippler
07-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Yes, you can discuss me here :shifty:

I only have Paper Mario, Starfox 64, and Sin and Punishment.

I honestly don't even know why I bought Starfox because I still have it for N64.

And is VC actually considered dead now? I honestly have not been following it since a year and a half after Wii was released.

Kapoutman
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, the VC has maybe one new game each other month or so. The last update I remember is Mario Tennis, and before that, Ogre Battle 64.

Can't believe they're half-assing it when they haven't released Body Harvest and Blast Corps yet. :mad:

SuperSlim
07-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Punch Out
Toe Jam and Earl
Super Mario Bros., 2, and 3
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Bases Loaded
Final Fight
Super Street Fighter II
Earthworm Jim
Super Mario Kart
Super Dodge Ball
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Funky Fly
07-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Your friend's article should simply be one sentence: "When the fuck has Nintendo ever been good at online?"

Emperor Smeat
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Well, the VC has maybe one new game each other month or so. The last update I remember is Mario Tennis, and before that, Ogre Battle 64.

Can't believe they're half-assing it when they haven't released Body Harvest and Blast Corps yet. :mad:

Body Harvest is owned by Rockstar and probably by Warner Bros since Midway originally published the game. Blast Corps probably never gets released since its own by Rare and would go on the XBLA instead.

Nintendo did publish Blast Corps but I would assume they gave complete control to Rare during the sale to Microsoft.

Kapoutman
07-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Your friend's article should simply be one sentence: "When the fuck has Nintendo ever been good at online?"

He's more the kind of guy who writes 10000 words for a single review. :o Ever heard the name Alex Lucard? We now write on diehardgamefan.com, but he used to write for 411games.com and insidepulse.com.