PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Wrestling DVD?, Favorite Part or Match?

tna
07-24-2010, 10:55 PM
What is your favorite Wrestling DVD and Your favorite part of It?? And Why??

Mine Is
The Rise And Fall Of ECW
Why
Because they explain everything about ECW and i mean every single thing and it is just incredible how everything is done in the DVD normal wrestling DVD are like real boring like Ultimate Warriors DVD but this one is so interesting!!
Favorite Part
At the end when Rhino said he just couldn't believe that it was over and that he kept checking on ECW.com if they had post new dates!!
Why
Because Just the reaction Rhino had while saying that he couldn't believe it was incredible and it just stunt me how those wrestlers from ECW were so sad that something that hurt them so much and injured them so much, I mean if you got trown on a barbed wired table on fire 3 or 4 time you would be happy when it was over but they loved there company so much that they still wanted it so to me i find that amazing!!

The Pope
07-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Most of his WCW days.

rated rjo
07-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Monday Night Wars DVD.

Crazy Nick
07-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Hart and Soul: The Hart Anthology
I must say this one is my favorite, I really enjoyed seeing old footage of the Harts, especially Owen. Sure some of the matches are on other DVD's but to have some of them in one place is nice.

Razzamajazz
07-25-2010, 08:57 AM
i'm surprised your favorite dvd isn't some tna pile of shit

Schlomey
07-25-2010, 12:34 PM
the biography part of Jake The Snakes Pick Your Poison DVD.

itsmeJD
07-25-2010, 01:23 PM
The biography on the ECW site was informative and entertaining, would have to say it's probably my favorite. Close second to the first Nature Boy set.

Xero
07-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Rise and Fall of ECW is easily my favorite. They really dropped the ball with the WCW one.

itsmeJD
07-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah they did. I was really excited about that release and happened to catch it on Justin.tv before going to buy it. Really glad I saved my money.

jskinnyg
07-25-2010, 02:58 PM
ECW Rise & Fall as well... WCW one was not even 50% of what It should have bee...

Schlomey
07-25-2010, 03:01 PM
ECW Rise & Fall as well... WCW one was not even 50% of what It should have bee...

Rise and Fall was one of the best if not the best really. Yeah the WCW DVD kinda blew. Glad I DL it and not paid for it.

tna
07-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I agree The WCW dvd really blowed because it was just plain boring and not as interesting as normal wrestling dvd, and another good wrestling DVD is some TNA DVD named The Best Of 3Live Kru!!

XL
07-28-2010, 09:24 PM
The WCW DVD did a good job with the "Rise" but seemed to skim over the "Fall". I wanted to see more of the stupid matches/decisions that lead to the downfall.

My picks would lean towards the non-WWE produced documentaries. Stuff like Beyond The Mat and Wrestling With Shadows: The Bret Hart Story (they really got lucky with the Montreal Screwjob happening during filming). But the ECW DVD was incredible as well.

Razzamajazz
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
i was disappointed there weren't any hogan/nash/STING interviews. yes, i know they are under contract with tna, but those were 3 major players in wcw's history

FourFifty
07-28-2010, 11:22 PM
the biography part of Jake The Snakes Pick Your Poison DVD.

I agree with Schlomey.

RiX1024
07-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Rise and Fall of ECW because I learned a lot about the promotio, best part: Heyman's Austin impersonation (Hilarious)

Jimmy Cones
07-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Rise and fall of ECW, hands down one of my favorite wrestling DVD's.

Kayfabe might be second :shifty:

My Final Heaven
07-29-2010, 03:59 PM
The Bret DVD was really good. The biography was worth the price, but the quality of the matches on the other 2 discs were what really sold it for me.

I have an old "Best of the WWfF" VHS cassete from 1985, that has one of my favorite Match moments on it - Don Muraco & Mr. Fuji vs Ricky Steamboat, Steamboat gets DQ'ed for using Fuji's cane & goes apeshit on Muraco after the bell. He snaps the cane in half & grinds the broken end into Muraco's forehead like you would start an antique Model T :D GOOD TIMES

The Show Off
07-29-2010, 04:14 PM
My favorites are...

Ladder Match
Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin
Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon
Phenomenal: The Best of AJ Styles Volume 2

But my favorite is...

PWG Sells Out

I've never seen a DVD that had more great matches in one compilation than this, not to mention their isn't a weak match on the entire DVD.

I'm not a big fan of documentaries thats why if you notice out of all my favorites only one DVD has a documentary and the only reason I like that is because Pillman is my favorite wrestler of all time. Most of the documentaries are bias and lack any real good perspective because non-WWE employees can be on it. The only WWE documentary that was really all that good was The Rise and Fall of ECW.

I buy DVD's for the matches not to learn about how a wrestler rose to prominance. For the most part I could care less about the behind the scenes stuff since what is presented on the DVD is probably only 20% (arbitrary %) of the truth.

Chavo Classic
07-29-2010, 04:14 PM
My picks would lean towards the non-WWE produced documentaries. Stuff like Beyond The Mat and Wrestling With Shadows: The Bret Hart Story .

I thought Beyond the Mat was terrible. The opening half didn't explore anything within the world of Backyard Wrestling that wasn't already known. Maybe at the time it was ground-breaking, but almost 10 years on there is more detailed and in depth coverage available on Youtube. Nick Mondo's self-documentary is a better reflection of the garbage wrestling world than Beyond the Mat is.

The second half focusing on Jake the Snake is horribly painful to watch for some, or plain boring for those who didn't know or care about him. Falling into the second category, I found the last 30 minutes tedious.

Nark Order
07-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Would definitely be the Savage DVD but they did everything possibly to make sure that it wasn't going to do Savage justice. No Documentary? Are you kidding me?

All things in consideration, probably the Rise and Fall of ECW. It was an outstanding piece of work.

bigslimjj
07-29-2010, 05:01 PM
rise and fall,ric flair's first one with wwe,and i loved the ultimate warrior one,not so much for the matches,but for the crazy!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cF4ZTcuhixc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cF4ZTcuhixc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Destro 2.0
07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
ROH Blood Stained Honor and Best in the World

Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi is just fucking amazing.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-31-2010, 12:16 AM
I liked watching the AWA and WCCW DVDs since I didn't really know anything about the companies. Though the WCCW DVD was really hard to watch near the end talking about all of the family tragedy.

My favorite WWE documentary would have to be The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect since he was Perfect.

dweebo420
07-31-2010, 04:53 AM
rise and fall of ECW just watching all the things on it. It was the all around best dvd from wrestling I've ever seen

Schlomey
07-31-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree with Schlomey.

Glad someone else appreciated the effort and emotion put in to this biography. I had NO idea that Jake's father was a wrestler let alone a pedophile.....and an insestual one on top of that!

Xero
07-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Roberts' father from beyond the mat: "He was born out of love".

Schlomey
07-31-2010, 05:28 PM
That's disgusting :(