PDA

View Full Version : Would Rock have "made it" if WWE had their films division in 1999?

Xero
07-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I was replying to another thread and it got me wondering if Rock would have actually been able to get away from wrestling if WWE was handling all his earlier films under the WWE Films banner.

Now, obviously he has the talent to act, but had he been strongly tied in with WWE Films, I feel it would have been harder for him to break away since WWE would be controlling him film-wise, at least for a time. He would have eventually made it by himself I think, but he may have stuck with WWE a bit longer.

So would Rock have made it away from WWE if he started under the WWE Films banner? Would it have taken longer for him to break away? Or would it have been the same?

Discuss.

BigCrippyZ
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I agree with you Xero, I think it would've taken him a while longer to break away and he probably would have stuck around wrestling a bit longer. Can't say I would've hated that either, but I'm a total Rock mark.

Acting, selling, charisma, mic skills, whatever, the man's got skills. He has that ability to draw you in and make you love or hate him and I think he would have definitely made it eventually.

I can't say I blame him for leaving either, hell, there's no sense in him ending up like Hogan, etc, but I'd love to see him back in some capacity.

DAMN iNATOR
07-30-2010, 12:58 AM
He'd probably still be around to this day if all the films he'd been in had been in conjunction with WWE Films.

Juan
07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
I doubt his films would have been as *successful* had they been under the WWE Films banner.

XCaliber
07-30-2010, 01:06 AM
He would have still gotten there eventually with many of the action heroes coming to the end of their carreers there needs to be guys to replace them just would've been a matter of time.

Aguakate
07-30-2010, 04:04 AM
He wouldn't have made it.

I mean, he has been in movies for some time now, and he has not wrestled since 2004, he even dropped "The Rock" name for some time, and even THEN he couldn't shake off "The Rock" personna...and that's distancing himself from wrestling and everything...imagine if WWE controlled him...

jskinnyg
07-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Def would have taken him longer to break through....