PDA

View Full Version : People need to stop asking Cornette things.

Savio
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Fanhouse.com recently interviewed Jim Cornette, here are some highlights…
On Vince Russo: “Nobody can succeed with Vince Russo even working in the company, much less creative. And that is the one person Dixie Carter has protected at all turns. Nobody understands it. Nobody can explain it.”
On ROH: “The only other thing that interests me in wrestling these days is Ring of Honor wrestling. That’s my primary occupation these days and it’s got the youngest talent roster in the business but they’re so respectful and appreciative of the legends when they get a chance to meet them. It’s great to see the new generation of the business but at the same time, once a year, visit with the older generation. My generation.”
On MMA Stealing Wrestling Fans: “MMA and the UFC have taken all of the pro wrestling fans because it’s pro wrestling from 30 years ago, just in an Octagon and the fights happen to be real. But they’re marketed exactly the same way. People want new stars, young athletes, a more serious approach. Athletic competition with interesting personalities with a hard sports edge and take the UFC fans back or at least entice a few of them to come back and then you’d have something.”
On The NWA Legends Fanfest: “It’s actually my favorite fanfest,” says Cornette. “I’ve said this so many times, you know, people do one-day events, two-day events all over the country, but this thing, it goes almost four full days with the greatest names, the biggest turnout. It’s an annual summer vacation for most people now. I’m really looking forward to it.”

The dude says the same shit every time.

"Wahh! I hate Russo, new wrestling sucks, 80s wrestling rules. NWA!"

Hanso Amore
08-03-2010, 02:17 PM
People want to see a bunch of southern boys with fat bodies WRASSLE

Gertner
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
He's a typical out of touch nut case who has failed at everything since he left OVW.

Savio
08-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't cornette booking TNA when he gave Every single TNA title to Kurt Angle?

Destro 2.0
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM
People need to stop asking him the same things. I enjoy Jim Cornette but I don't enjoy beating a dead horse.

Angle and all the titles that was Russo.

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I love reading his harsh dead pan delivery.

whiteyford
08-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I love reading his harsh dead pan delivery.

He's too subtle for my liking :rofl:

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Honestly, his life is like a constant shoot. He has always been an angry, angry man.

Destro 2.0
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Ever hear the story about how he slapped Santino?

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes. And also a good story on him in Jericho's book.

Kane Knight
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Meh.

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
What's on your mind Double K?

whiteyford
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Alot of what he says usually makes sense, but he doesnt seem to realise the territorys are dead. I'd have him as part of a booking team but he's too old fashioned to be left in sole charge.

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 03:37 PM
One of the few wrestling personalities from my hometown so i don't mind hearing about what he's up to.But i think the man may be losing his mind.

BigDaddyCool
08-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Agreed, he is a bitter bitter man.

McLegend
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I think lost all credibitly when he took the TNA job. Cornette said it himself he got piad nearly 100k a year to go to flordia and cut a few Jim Cornette promos a month(which he can do in his sleep), and sit in a meeting with Vince Russo.

Who wouldn't love that job? So Cornette should shut up about TNA. It worked out well for him.

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I think lost all credibitly when he took the TNA job. Cornette said it himself he got piad nearly 100k a year to go to flordia and cut a few Jim Cornette promos a month(which he can do in his sleep), and sit in a meeting with Vince Russo.

Who wouldn't love that job? So Cornette should shut up about TNA. It worked out well for him.

Is that position still open?i can do a cornette style interview and sit in one meeting a week for 100k.
:D

Destro 2.0
08-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Is that position still open?i can do a cornette style interview and sit in one meeting a week for 100k.
:D

You know too much about wrestling so that just wouldn't work out.

rated rjo
08-03-2010, 11:59 PM
It would be interesting if the WWE brought him back as the mystery GM. How would he ever talk with his foot in his mouth all the time?

:lol:

Savio
08-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I would like only if he got fired after 1 week

Aguakate
08-04-2010, 05:18 PM
The only thing he has ever done that I found enjoyable were those little "Cornette Rants" he did back in '97 or '98 on RAW. That's it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0z4s4zE4IhA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0z4s4zE4IhA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2FezNhWqNg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2FezNhWqNg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Destro 2.0
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
The only thing he has ever done that I found enjoyable were those little "Cornette Rants" he did back in '97 or '98 on RAW. That's it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0z4s4zE4IhA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0z4s4zE4IhA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2FezNhWqNg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2FezNhWqNg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hey that second one is beautiful Jim Cornette is fucking awesome. People need to realize it. He has the right mind for the business just don't put him in a company with Vincent Russo. He is so right about Kevin Nash.

ron the dial
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
cornette is amazing and i would prefer that people only turned to him for answers.

Destro 2.0
08-04-2010, 05:41 PM
cornette is amazing and i would prefer that people only turned to him for answers.

I would prefer if they asked him new questions instead of the same old shit.

ron the dial
08-04-2010, 05:43 PM
you can't blame that on cornette. the same goes for when people bitch about bret only talking about the screwjob. every cocksucker out there wanted to ask, so he had to answer. read less interviews and you won't have this problem.

Destro 2.0
08-04-2010, 05:45 PM
you can't blame that on cornette. the same goes for when people bitch about bret only talking about the screwjob. every cocksucker out there wanted to ask, so he had to answer. read less interviews and you won't have this problem.

Yeah but I enjoy his interviews. I just finished one that was uploaded to You tube. It was awesome and I also enjoyed his rant ont he Jan. 4th Monday Night Wars. Everything he said about TNA is true. What he had to say about Bubba the Vagina Sponge was fucking hilarious.

ron the dial
08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
i could listen to cornette talk for about 3 months straight with no break repeating everything as often as he pleased so i'm with you.

BigDaddyCool
08-04-2010, 05:46 PM

hmmm, he has a point that Big Lazy is in fact lazy and clever enough to get by. But let me just point out this, nWo was the biggest draw at the time and revitalized a dying/stagnate industry. And it took Eric Bischoff, Nash, and Hall make the only invasion angle that has ever worked. It wasn't complex, it was pretty simple what they did. But see, that is the beauty of it. It was simple, and at the end of the day I think Cornette is jealous that he never had the success WCW or nWo had. I also love how Cornette is only about protecting kayfabe when it has to do with what he is involved in. Otherwise he attacks it.

BigDaddyCool
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM

Wasn't cornette bitching about bret bitching about the screw job. Doesn't that make cornette a cocksucker?

Destro 2.0
08-04-2010, 05:49 PM
i could listen to cornette talk for about 3 months straight with no break repeating everything as often as he pleased so i'm with you.

Can I get HELL YEAH! Because of the Awesomeness of Jim Cornette. I mean i don't blame him for working at TNA its Jeffery Jarretts fault why the show kept getting worse. He kept letting Russo do what he wanted. If Dutch Mantell and Jim Cornette were actually booking the company. Things would have been alot different.

itsmeJD
08-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Wasn't cornette bitching about bret bitching about the screw job. Doesn't that make cornette a cocksucker?

:y:This

ron the dial
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
if you're using my statement, then no. the reporters were the cocksuckers. but if you want to call cornette one, too, that's fine by me.

Aguakate
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, THAT is why Cornette put NWO down, because they WERE such a big draw, they were in the midst of the "Ratings War", and he was a WWF employee, on WWF television, so obviously he was going to put down the competition.

Also, even though they had the disclaimer where they said that those were his opinions alone, u KNOW Vince had some input.

BigDaddyCool
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Well, THAT is why Cornette put NWO down, because they WERE such a big draw, they were in the midst of the "Ratings War", and he was a WWF employee, on WWF television, so obviously he was going to put down the competition.

Also, even though they had the disclaimer where they said that those were his opinions alone, u KNOW Vince had some input.

Which is another thing. Cornette is bitching about how Bischoff made his buddies the top draws, while at the same time during those interviews Cornette is putting over his buddies, not to mention Vince is notorious with his nepotism and cronie-ism. Basically it is just nothing but the pot calling the kettle black.

And all the wrestlers being put over had certain attribute that could be called up as reasons to put them over. Nash and Hall cut great interview and just ooze charisma. Arn Anderson was one of the hardest works and has a sweet spinebuster second to none. And if I need to tell you why Flair is worth a damn, you don't need to be here.

Basically this is just another Bret Hart v Shawn Micheals debate. Both sides have their merits, and it comes down to personal opinion on what is more important.

Savio
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
But let me just point out this, nWo was the biggest draw at the time and revitalized a dying/stagnate industry. And it took Eric Bischoff, Nash, and Hall make the only invasion angle that has ever worked. It wasn't complex, it was pretty simple what they did. But see, that is the beauty of it. It was simple, and at the end of the day I think Cornette is jealous that he never had the success WCW or nWo had.
Was cornette ever the booker of a company that was ahead in the ratings? Someone tell me a good angle that cornette has come up with.

Savio
09-01-2010, 01:10 PM
CORNETTE CHALLENGES RUSSO TO CHARITY FIGHT AT RING ROASTS
Jim Cornette’s seemingly endless, diabolical ploy to plague Vince Russo’s dreams seems to know no bounds. Earlier in the year, TNA involved local authorities in warning Cornette that he had crossed a line. After some silence, it seems the jabber-jawed Ring of Honor GM has thought of a resolution to this (rather one-sided) war, once and for all.
Cornette has challenged Vince Russo to a fight at the third annual Ring Roasts, which is being held this October 15 at the Crowne Plaza in Monroe, NJ. In a promo released today on the Ring Roasts website (www.ringroasts.com (http://www.ringroasts.com)), Cornette offers to donate his end of any purse money to the WHAS Crusade for Children in Louisville, an organization that helps disadvantaged children.
Cornette and Russo worked side-by-side on WWE and TNA’s creative team. Cornette had developed a distaste for Russo, his booking style, and generally anything north of Delaware.
Ring Roasts is an annual comedic tribute co-promoted by Kayfabe Commentaries and Legends of the Ring. Tickets and more information about the roast is available at www.ringroasts.com (http://www.ringroasts.com).

The Pope
09-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Russo would kick his ass.

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Cornettes Commentary on Youtube is pretty insightful and entertaining at times. As far as him versus Russo, Cornette's legitimate hatred of the guy would probably be enough to give him the victory.

DLVH84
09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I like Jim Cornette. I also like his point of views. Some may call it hilarious, but I say he dead on target about it.

AJHayes
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I would give just about anything to listen to Cornette talk about the business. Days on end would work best for me.

Savio
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRTyBjJH2m8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRTyBjJH2m8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Vastardikai
09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Top 10 Questions I'd ask Jim Cornette:

10. Do you like toast?
9. What's your opinion of the late Skandor Ackbar?
8. Better ribber: Owen or Mr. Fuji?
7. Who would you rather build a promotion around: Tyler Black or Bryan Danielson?
6. Popeyes or KFC?
5. Should managers make a comeback?
4. What's your opinion of Wrestlecrap.com?
2. What's your opinion of Wrestlicious?
1. Wendys or Dairy Queen?

Xero
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
What's this Wendy's thing?

MoFo
09-02-2010, 08:51 PM
So Cornette wants to beat up Russo for horribly booking ROH's (HIS EMPLOYERS) main rival?

wut