PDA

View Full Version : Dreamer > Hogan + Bischoff !

The MAC
08-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I was surprised that TNA has not taken the approach of ECW invading and taking over . I think the angle would have had less interest if it was another invasion.

I hear TNA's ratings have spiked slightly because of ECW thing which is being overseen by Dreamer. In that way he is achieving more stable interest in TNA than Hogan and Bischoff had.

Do you think this is TNA turning the corner with their approach or will they lose the little trickle of interest they have garnered ?

Is the writing on the wall for Hogan and bischoff if TNA does the best business its ever done with Dreamer and Co. at the helm ?

Ruien
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
My roommate watches TNA religiously now, due to ECW.

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
i think it's odd that they got more younger viewers this week.Maybe we're seeing a new generation of hardcore fans?

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
New young viewers probably don't even know what hardcore is if they are used to WWE-Lite brand of "extreme" violence.

rated rjo
08-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Damn, I remember people were laughing at Dixie a week ago when reports surfaced about the ECW market research. Looks like..... and I can't believe that I'm about to say this....... Dixie and TNA were right.

Did hell just freeze over?

The Pope
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Little kids like it hardCORE

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
New young viewers probably don't even know what hardcore is if they are used to WWE-Lite brand of "extreme" violence.

usually the wwe's better ppv's are the ones with a more hardcore gimmick.But you're right it's the "lite", essentially bloodless version of it.

Jimmy Cones
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
If Dreamer and co. are going to have a hand in booking and writing and provide the "filter" on Russo that is always needed, then we should expect a small steady rise in interest for TNA.

dronepool
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM
It's awesome "ECW" is boosting ratings. I like where this is going.

Destro 2.0
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't expect nothing Dixie is giving Tommy free run so he can help promote One Night Stand. Then its back to crap trust me I am right on this. If I am wrong I will make Big Announcement concerning the forum.

AJHayes
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I've been thinking lately that Tommy is probably the "biggest" thing to come out of the Attitude era. Not necessarily in sales, but for constant quality, constant hard work, unflagging loyalty, and really being in touch with the fans.

A far shot from the green suspenders.

He is, in my opinion, the most over guy that never "made it."

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2010, 11:53 PM
It's actually kind of sad. Something old and broken is still selling better than TNA's current product. Remember when The Rise and Fall of ECW was like the WWE's top selling DVD, too? The ECW name has got a buzz around it that draws in hardcore wrestling fans (pun somewhat intended). But keeping those fans is going to be the problem. I don't think Russo is up to that, and I'm not sure Dreamer is either.

Aguakate
08-06-2010, 01:04 AM
I dont care if TNA was planning this ECW storyline a YEAR ago...to me, they are doing it at an unfortunate time, cause since WWE has the NeXus angle, anything TNA does that has an invasion component to it, seems like a rip-off of the NeXus angle...

...it also doesn't help that WWE already revived ECW...so...it's like reunions...one time is cool, revives old memories, gets people rild up, etc...but when u do it too much, it loses it's "magic"...

Schlomey
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
This ECW angle does not seem like an invasion though. Not to me at least. They were invited guests and seems like their is NO beef with TNA superstars so, to me, it feels like it's just the one off "respect" show that they say it is.

Aguakate
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
But they came in beating up TNA talent, though.

itsmeJD
08-06-2010, 06:06 PM
No, they came in and beat up Abyss to assist RVD. They only fought back after TNA started sending guys out to stop them. I didn't see this as an invasion at all because they were invited. They never attacked TNA wrestlers until Abyss and were then attacked themselves by TNA, to which they fought back.

Gertner
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Dreamer had a run as booker and sucked ass in OVW.

Aguakate
08-06-2010, 09:52 PM
No, they came in and beat up Abyss to assist RVD. They only fought back after TNA started sending guys out to stop them. I didn't see this as an invasion at all because they were invited. They never attacked TNA wrestlers until Abyss and were then attacked themselves by TNA, to which they fought back.

WWE on a RAW made it out that Vince McMahon invited NeXus...even though they then beat him up afterwards...

...and also, NeXus came in to beat up Cena...then later the WWE guys fought back.

So anyway you look at it, it's just too similar.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Dreamer had a run as booker and sucked ass in OVW.

That's true. I think he could book one reunion night well enough, but beyond that I just can't see him doing much good. He could teach talent a lot as a road agent, but yeah, keep a pen out of his hand.

My other problem with this ECW stuff, is just that there isn't really a lot left to be explored as far as dream matches go. Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven are the best they can really give us.

Gertner
08-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh for one night of course! Long term though, I don't think you want to put your company in the hands of a guy who failed in his only attempt. He'd have to be part of an experienced team and learn.