PDA

View Full Version : THE WWE NETWORK

bigslimjj
08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Vince mcmahon has stated that he plans to have the WWE cable network up and running by 2011. What types of programming would you like to see? Should he move one of the weekly shows to the network? Will it get enough ratings to survive long term? Discuss below...or don't.

Waylander
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I would imagine constant re-runs, WWE 24/7 and probably some ego-building 'reality' TV shows maybe 'McMahon Knows Best' or 'At Home with the Harts'

BigCrippyZ
08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Don't forget about the WWE Films too. They'll have plenty of footage, shows, etc. Will it get great ratings? Probably not a majority of the time. I imagine a ton of recap shows, past events, documentaries, and WWE films.

Fox
08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Oversaturation is not a good thing. This is a bad idea.

Snowden
08-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I think its success depends on how much of its library its willing to put on the network. They have plenty of library to work with, hell, they can even re-air old RAW episodes. If they do it right, they can really grab the niche audience.

If they do this, they need to put some kind of weekly show on there. Not RAW, but maybe SD? Its a risk, but it could draw some people over who want to watch it.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Oversaturation is not a good thing. This is a bad idea.

I don't see why it's so bad. It'll be a good channel to flick over to when there's nothing else on.

It's not like it'll be wall to wall new programming or anything.

Biggz
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
If WWE shows everything they have plus show new things, the network would be cool. I have WWE on demand only problem is having to wait for them to update what you can watch. Hopefully the network will take care of this problem.

bigslimjj
08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
well with all the nitros,satuday nights,raws,smackdowns,sunday night heats,awa,wccw,ppvs they have a lot of ammo to use.As long as they keep it fresh it should be ok.

McLegend
08-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Networks are the future. I can't wait for the WWE network.

Schlomey
08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I also wonder what kind of programming we can expect being that the 24/7 service is up and running. Why would they give away the good stuff when they get people to pay for it?

Lots of details need explained.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I would like them to have a WWE Game Show.

I would make it if you get 3 questions right in a row, you get a pinfall victory like in an iron man match. The most pinfalls in a round wins the round and it is best out of three falls/rounds.

bigslimjj
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I would like them to have a WWE Game Show.

I would make it if you get 3 questions right in a row, you get a pinfall victory like in an iron man match. The most pinfalls in a round wins the round and it is best out of three falls/rounds.
if santino hosts I'd love to see it.They'll prolly pick up downfall in syndication or when it finally gets cancelled too.

CWK
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
RAW would remain right where it is on the USA network, it would not go to the WWE network ever in my opinion and if it did, it would be many years down the road. USA network just has way too much exposure and is provided on virtually every cable system and provider known to man.

I could definitely see Superstars, NXT, or even a new show regularly on their network. They would be smart to invest in regular television shows, talk shows, sporting events and sitcoms on the network to gain viewership.

They should also better utilize their WCW, WCCW, AWA, and ECW library footage. Especially WCW. They have hardly scratched the surface on that.

Its sure to boost revenue like crazy though with alot of advertising dollars coming in.

BizarroKing
08-05-2010, 09:14 PM
-Have Monday Night Raw and Nitro every monday at some point or even weekly.
-Classic stuff from the 80s or even earlier for the older audience
-Have a theme each month and show certain matches and PPVs to represent the theme. Maybe make it possible for the viewers to decide what it will be on WWE.com
-Definitely show Thunder, we have not seen enough of that show
-No censoring!
-Some original programming would be nice

Providence Peep
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I hope Direct TV carries this network

SaskatchewanChamp
08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
XFL anyone?

Droford
08-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Universal HD is basically WWETV on Saturday nights. Back to Back to Back to Back repeats of RAW and NXT and Id assume they will add Smackdown once it moves to ScyFy.

Kane Knight
08-05-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't see why it's so bad. It'll be a good channel to flick over to when there's nothing else on.

It's not like it'll be wall to wall new programming or anything.

It's not the new programming that's the issue. It's the idea of trying to fill a full network with anything WWE, period.

There's also logistics, but it's like trying to stock a supermarket with all dairy products. And the majority of your consumers are lactose intolerant.

crusnik
08-05-2010, 11:55 PM
i think that it's a bad idea.... they will lose viewers if they put all the wrestling shows on one cable network .However, it might work if they do a promotion say order wrestlemania or summerslam and get a free month of the network also at the same time keep raw n smackdown where it is that way, they won't lose viewers and they can promote the network.

rated rjo
08-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I'd watch it, but I'd rethink moving shows like Raw and SD to the WWE network.

Kane Knight
08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
I do seriously wonder how much of the cable market would even pick it up. Satellite has like 9 million channels depending on provider, so I could see that being rather a non-issue, but cable coverage is a different story.

FearedSanctity
08-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Especially if Vince is picky about the channel's placement on cable tiers, like NFL Network and Time Warner Cable. TWC still doesn't carry it

Kane Knight
08-06-2010, 12:48 PM
And Comcast just had a 4 year fight with them and still doesn't carry it in all markets, to the best of my knowledge.

Yeah.

Savio
08-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I can see it running Seinfeld and friends for 8 hours of the day.