PDA

View Full Version : I just watched my first NWA/TNA match.

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 06:43 AM
Since I'm trying to broaden my library, I decided I should download some various NWA/TNA matches to see if I could get a general feel for the product. I've never watched an NWA/TNA match or even an advertisement for it. The only thing I know is that Jeff Jarrett is the poor man's Triple H there.

So I'm going to post what I thought about it, and how I feel it reflects on the company, from a completely fresh standpoint. I'll update the thread as I watch more matches.

The match I watched was Syxx Pax (X-Pac) vs. AJ Styles, for the "X-Division Championship." Okay, first off, what the fuc</>k. This is not X-Men, this is wrestling. Do not name your titles "X-Division." It sounds like some turbo-nuclear bomb squad or something. Stop it.

The second I saw X-Pac again, I wanted to hit myself. I have no idea why he is even in that company, even if they suck or whatever (I'll find out if they do). I mean, the most entertaining part of his entrance was a guy with a sign "I need a Syxx Pax just to watch him." Terrible. And why on Earth do you stick your tongue out like Michael Jordan, you even suck at doing that.

Then this AJ Styles guy enters. He looks like a total idiot. I swear he looks like one of those redneck wiggers. And he looks like he is about five years old. But this didn't make me vomit nearly as much as X-Pac walking around with some kind of big title. But then, I got sicker.

X-Pac gets a mic. What the fuc</>k, those two words shouldn't even mix. (By that, I mean "Pac, and mic." Yeah, I don't give a shit if you don't like my subtle humor because I mean every pun possibly intended.) He begins to cut a promo. As I understand, or at least it looks like (mind you, no previous knowledge of this company) he is supposed to be the face, and he is GETTING HEAT. That's not really his fault, for one if they are going to waste the salary of energy drinks and baby oil to hire this man, he should be a heel because at least the fans will hate him.

He cuts a totally boring promo that nearly makes me fall asleep. Thank God it only lasted for like twenty seconds. Yaddayaddayadda, some fag sits at the announce table and does like the worst Bobby Heenan ripoff of heel commentating I have ever heard in my entire life. Speaking of the announce team, they are fuc</>king spazzes and I hate to say it, but JR is the man compared to these guys on the dipshit scale. They are too busy arguing with each other over whether or not someone kicked out than to call the match.

Picture two marks screaming like crazy at each other during a match. That's those dudes.

On to the match. Lack. Fuc</>king. Luster. What a piece of fuc</>k. AJ Styles looked okay, except for some common errors that a rookie may have. I dunno how long he's been wrestling, but he looked all right to me except for that. Also, despite how flashy they tried to make the moves look, the two had absolutely no chemistry. Also I would like to add in that AJ styles looks like a wigger.

Anyway, they used a bunch of recycled moves, except for Styles in a few moments, who had some excellent-looking moves. About 50 spinning heel kicks later, X-Pac emerges victorious. X-Pac is a piece of trash. The guy is a wrestling veteran, for Christ's sake, and you can still eye him posing for a kick-out. Neither one of these guys know how to sell a possible pinfall AT ALL. Terrible. You could see them shifting and everything.

So far, the NWA/TNA fuc</>king blows. More to come.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Some of TNA rules, their entrances are good examples of the opposite. :-\

The Mackem
04-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Yeah well judging NWA TNA on an X Pac match isn't really fair.

AJ Styles is the f**king man.

And the X Division rocks.

download some other videos.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Yeah well judging NWA TNA on an X Pac match isn't really fair.

AJ Styles is the f**king man.

And the X Division rocks.

download some other videos.

:y: The Ultimate X Match was some good stuff.

Wondermouse
04-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Wow. Never have I thought of AJ Styles as a wigger. I saw him nail a sick springboard 450. Thing is, he tends to keep things on that mat and is damned fine at that. IMO, he's the exact opposite of Orton: a lot more polished technically, not much in-ring charisma.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2004, 07:35 AM
But Orton's technically gifted and great on the mic. :y:

Wondermouse
04-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Not disputing that, I love Orton, he's just not as polished technically as AJ.

That being said, AJ still doesn't seem as "professional" as a good bit of WWE Workers. That is, the talent's definitely there, but sometimes when he's working with some guys, it just doesn't flow, and some of the spots seem contrived and pretty bad.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Not disputing that, I love Orton, he's just not as polished technically as AJ.

That being said, AJ still doesn't seem as "professional" as a good bit of WWE Workers. That is, the talent's definitely there, but sometimes when he's working with some guys, it just doesn't flow, and some of the spots seem contrived and pretty bad.

When you put it that way. Rep to Wondermouse. :love:

Goldbird
04-19-2004, 08:34 AM
AJ styles has talent, in fact lots of them. However, he just lacks that "something" which is the landmark of every great wrestler.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-19-2004, 08:38 AM
See you should post topics like this all the time instead of being an idiot

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 02:10 PM
See you should post topics like this all the time instead of being an idiot

Yeah, and you shouldn't post at all. Shut the fuc</>k up and stop PMing me too while we're posting shit that has nothing to do with the thread.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah, and you shouldn't post at all. Shut the fuc</>k up and stop PMing me too while we're posting shit that has nothing to do with the thread.
Jeez you try to give a guy a compliment and he resorts back to his idiot ways

P.S TNA is ok

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Match #2 in my Library: Jeff Jarret vs. Kurt Hennig (NWA/TNA title)

Alright, first, I'd just like to say R.I.P. Kurt Hennig, you were the man. So it makes it kind of weird for me to give my thoughts on this match without seeming a little bit depressed. Both guys are in the ring, and I see something consistent with the last match I saw already, they announce the guys, kind of with a boxing style, while both of them are already in the ring. For some reason, I find that kind of neat. It works with the amount of people in their seats.

Not many pops or boos, but then again the place isn't too full. Wonder why. Anyhow, match begins. The two pretty much have a standoff, where they portray to the crowd that they're both close in technical soundness. While I am not denying that for either of them, they really lacked the spots to prove it in this situation. Not to me, but to people who might not know them. They could have done this a little more extensively.

Basically a lot of swatting at each other, waist locks, headscissors, quickly standing up and having a face-off. Wasn't TOO horrible. Match continues, and starts to get better. Kurt Hennig basically starts isolating Jarret's left leg, which is always cool in a match if sold properly. However, Jarret confused me. While Hennig was stomping about at his leg, and putting him in this cool submission hold, Jarret was selling like he was gonna die.

As soon as the hold was broken, about two minutes later, Jarret not only doesn't even limp, or wince when he walks, but proceeds to do like three kicking moves in a row. What the fuc</>k is that. And not one bit of selling his worked leg. So far people are right, he is a poor man's Triple H, at least Triple H can LIMP. Anyway, as sound an athlete as I view Jarret usually, Kurt totally carried him in this match IMO. But there's nothing wrong with that.

But then, the match was totally ruined. Vince Russo came out... Yeah, I know right. What the fuc</>k, stop trying to be Eric Biscoff. You suck at it. (I say this because of his attire.) He grabs Jarret's guitar and whacks Hennig with it before he hits the Perfect Plex, and Jarret gets the three count. While it had things that could have been better, it was a huge improvement from the first match I watched. Then AJ Styles comes out and starts attacking Jarret, I dunno what to make of that.

All in all, it had a shit ending, with a decent match, with one guy refusing to sell. Starting to resemble the WWE a little. ;)

The Naitch
04-19-2004, 02:51 PM
I bought and recorded a TNA ppv last year and a half ago. Needless to say, I recorded over it a couple of days later.

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Jeez you try to give a guy a compliment and he resorts back to his idiot ways

Shut the fuc</>k up, you are like the biggest dork on the entire forum, I don't know why you have to come in and make this thread gay by posting this shit in here.

The Mackem
04-19-2004, 02:53 PM
yo download a match involving Daniels or/and Low Ki.

Suicidal Icon
Shut the fuc</>k up, you are like the biggest dork on the entire forum, I don't know why you have to come in and make this thread gay by posting this shit in here.

I dunno it's a close run between the two of you.

PureHatred
Yeah..you picked a terrible match to judge. Luck of the draw, I guess. X-Pac isn't with the company anymore and AJ has gone on to do some better stuff.

Try Low-Ki vs AJ Styles or some of Amazing Red's stuff. If you can find it, the recent AJ Styles vs Abyss matches were pretty good.

Rock Bottom
Yeah right now I'm looking for Low Ki and Raven matches.

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 02:55 PM
What the fuc</>k, this thread is about NWA/TNA and me watching it. God. I am getting feedback from people and suggestions on better matches to watch, to alter my cynical opinion, and you two fags have to come in and job it up. Thanks. This shit doesn't belong in the thread.

Wondermouse
If I were you, I'd start downloading anything AJ styles, I've got more stuff from ROH than TNA, though.

Suicidal Icon
1000 apologies.

The Mackem
04-19-2004, 02:56 PM
AJ Styles vs Low Ki vs Psicosis vs Jerry Lynn

Double elimination for the X Division championship.

Wondermouse
04-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah..you picked a terrible match to judge. Luck of the draw, I guess. X-Pac isn't with the company anymore and AJ has gone on to do some better stuff.

Try Low-Ki vs AJ Styles or some of Amazing Red's stuff. If you can find it, the recent AJ Styles vs Abyss matches were pretty good.

That's the springboard 450, wasn't it? He blew the spot though, overshot him, and ended up kneeing him.

Abyss does that bossman slam like 3545432 times better than Bossman ever could.

Low-Ki's great, and super stiff.

The AJ-Raven ladder match was pretty short (12 minutes), but pretty creative, and Raven has the best crimson mask in modern sports, especially when it comes from hardway.

PureHatred
04-19-2004, 03:01 PM
That Abyss vs AJ vs Raven vs Ron Killing match from about three weeks ago was good too..

To be honest, a really good TNA show has two or three quality matches, the rest are watchable, and as little JJ promos as possible. At its best, you'll get a lot of "Holy Shit" moments and some great work rate. Like quality ECW w/o the blood & gore.

The Mackem
04-19-2004, 03:02 PM
The AJ-Raven ladder match was pretty short (12 minutes), but pretty creative, and Raven has the best crimson mask in modern sports, especially when it comes from hardway.

Oh man that ladder match was great.

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Three matches I have downloading right now: Low Ki vs. Red, AJ Styles vs. Mike Sanders, Ken Shamrock vs. Takao Omori. Will post about them afterward. Thank you for your opinions and suggestions really, as I'm not out to bash them or totally judge them based off an X-Pac match. Just taking it step by step. X-Pac will always be garbage. :D

Funky Fly
04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
You should get some Christopher Daniels stuff in there. He is the man.

Boondock Saint
04-19-2004, 04:21 PM
You should get some Christopher Daniels stuff in there. He is the man.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
You're download some sub par matches. Find the fatal four way that was mentioned above. Or anything that has only Amazing Red, Low Ki, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Psicosis, Jerry Lynn or Chris Sabin. Nothing else. Just them.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey Rock Bottom, Paranoid Rattlesnake was trying to compliment you. :-\

mitch_h
04-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Yea with TNA it's best to stick with the guys that HBK2k listed. AJ Styles vs. Mike Sanders, Ken Shamrock vs. Takao Omori are both sub par. Red vs Low Ki is great but probably my least favourite match they have had together.

I reccomend AJ vs Low Ki vs Jerry Lynn

Amazing Red vs Jerry Lynn

Paul London vs Chris Sabin

Jason Cross and Sharkboy vs XXX vs Johnny Storm and Chris Sabin vs Red and Jerry Lynn

Nowhere Man
04-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Well, you've got to remember, TNA is an indy fed. Of course most of its workers aren't as good as the WWE rosters, nor is the product anywhere near the level that the McMahons give us. Most of the wrestlers are either at the beginning or end of their careers, or are castaways from WWE or WCW. They don't have the money that Vince has got, so they can't exactly woo away top-level talent or the OVW guys.

Now, granted, a lot of the problems with the quality of the show can be attributed to the Jarretts or Vince Russo, but again, this isn't going to be the next WCW, or even the next ECW. It's just another indy fed, just with a bigger roster and a Pay-Per-View deal.

That being said, TNA does give us some pretty damn good wrestling. Aside from the matches listed, I can think of some great matches in there:

-Chris Sabin vs Juventud Guerrera
-Teddy Hart vs Juvi
-A. J. Styles vs Jerry Lynn
-Triple X (Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper) vs America's Most Wanted, Cage Match

Funky Fly
04-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Try to d/l AJ Styles and D'Lo Brown vs Christopher Daniels and Low-Ki

Loose Cannon
04-19-2004, 08:00 PM
A.J Styles vs Jarrerr vs Raven in a Triple Threat for the Title. That match was the sh**. Oh and RB, AJ is there best worker IMO and if you watch more of his stuff especially with the guys Funky, Nowhere and whomever else listed, then I think you will see how good he is.

Rock Bottom
04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Wow, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Crimson Dragon yet. I just watched his triple threat match with AJ Styles and Gorge Estrata. He has a couple SWEET moves, and he put those two dudes in two different submission holds at the same time by locking them up a certain way. This match definitely brought it up from total shit, wow.

So far, aside from X-Pac, and Jarret, it's looking all right. AJ Styles is good. But Crimson Dragon, wow, I wish he would lose that outfit because he could go places. Still looking for all of your suggested matches, I have found a couple of them but will watch them later today. Don't wanna get burned out.

mitch_h
04-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Chrimson Dragon was Chris Hammrick from ECW... he's kinda poopy IMO... although he wasn't bad in that match.

Mr. JL
04-20-2004, 12:06 AM
I would also like to suggest Malice v. Sabu in a ladder match. This match was filled with some big innovative moves that must have f'n killed...

Iceman90
04-20-2004, 01:45 AM
That is like judging WWE by an A-Train vs. Chuck Palumbo match.

Get a MAIN EVENT, an NWA World Title match if you can, and judge based on that.

Funky Fly
04-20-2004, 02:01 AM
The ultimate X match was pretty hott too. Michael Shane, Chris Sabin and Frankie Kazarian, I think it was.

Goldbird
04-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Honestly, the only people whom i think deserve to go to WWE from NWA are AJ styles and Chris sabins. The others are all... past their prime?

Funky Fly
04-20-2004, 03:58 AM
You seriously think Chris Daniels is past his prime? :eek:

Wondermouse
04-20-2004, 04:01 AM
That is like judging WWE by an A-Train vs. Chuck Palumbo match.

Get a MAIN EVENT, an NWA World Title match if you can, and judge based on that.

Read his match #2.