PDA

View Full Version : END THE SPINNER!

rated rjo
08-15-2010, 12:34 PM
If Cena's not gonna hold the title, which is all fine and dandy by me - yes I really just used the phrase "fine and dandy" - then they shouldn't be using a spinner for the champion. The only other person it worked for was Edge, but that was because he customized it Rated R style.

Even Austin's smoking skull belt didn't last this long.... jeez.

Sheamus walking around with a spinner looks stupid.
Orton walking around with a spinner looks stupid.
HHH walking around with a spinner looks stupid.

You get the idea.

VSG
08-15-2010, 12:38 PM
You know it does not spin anymore, right?

rated rjo
08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
It doesn't stay centered, that's for damn sure.

James Steele
08-15-2010, 12:47 PM
It still looks fucking stupid...

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 12:48 PM
It looks stupid, and no matter who has that Belt, it always makes u think of Cena...

...which is probably what the WWE wants anyway.

St. Jimmy
08-15-2010, 12:49 PM
http://myfinecollectibles.com/Belts/undisputed_belt.jpg

WORKS JUST FINE.

rated rjo
08-15-2010, 12:50 PM
You know what, I probably wouldn't mind Cena all that much if I weren't reminded of him every second.

Afterlife
08-15-2010, 12:52 PM
It IS a chunky, ugly belt.

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 12:52 PM
It's like, even when he's not the Champion, he is.

rated rjo
08-15-2010, 12:53 PM

WORKS JUST FINE.

Agreed. Remember when they gave the belts different leather backings. Stone Cold had the WWE belt with blue leather and Rock had the IC title with purple leather.

I could live with something like that.... but not a diamond encrusted belt.

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 01:02 PM
...problem is that kids love the spinner belt, so...WWE being kid-friendly...I think it'll be a while before we see a change.

James Steele
08-15-2010, 01:15 PM
...problem is that kids love the spinner belt, so...WWE being kid-friendly...I think it'll be a while before we see a change.

The spinner belt has had a longer run than the Attitude belt.

bigslimjj
08-15-2010, 01:16 PM
It's like, even when he's not the Champion, he is.
This is so true, it's depressing.

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 01:19 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fx-f4idsajc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fx-f4idsajc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

YoungFlyFlashy
08-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I wonder if WWE keeps it around because kids continue to purchase it?

But, they do need to change it that's for sure.

James Steele
08-15-2010, 01:21 PM
What doesn't belong?

http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/wwesmackdownfan/belts_2.jpg?v=187500

CSL
08-15-2010, 01:21 PM
This is a brand new complaint.

YoungFlyFlashy
08-15-2010, 01:23 PM
What doesn't belong?

http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/wwesmackdownfan/belts_2.jpg?v=187500

The one in the middle. I see an "F", get the "F" OUT!

Savio
08-15-2010, 01:26 PM
1 could make a case for any of the three.

James Steele
08-15-2010, 01:29 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxptjmmOB-I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxptjmmOB-I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
08-15-2010, 01:38 PM
I wonder if WWE keeps it around because kids continue to purchase it?

But, they do need to change it that's for sure.
I wonder what people think of John Cena?

Sorry, I thought we were asking things that everyone already knew.

If they're gonna keep the spinner belt, they should have custom center plates for the variuos champs. It;'d be allow kids to spend even more cash.

Though the Triple H "Swastika Plate" might be too controversial.

Xero
08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Just wait until they finish the real version of this one:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/W02609X.jpg

http://www.wweshop.com/item/electrovision-championship-spinner-belt/Belts/06-01247

Xero
08-15-2010, 02:13 PM
But yeah, this topic has been done to death. Just about everyone here hates it but it sells.

Personally, I wouldn't have AS MUCH of a problem with it if EVERY champion got a custom center plate. Either way it's an ugly piece of shit that belongs in some backyard hip hop promotion and not the largest company in the world.

If they're so hell-bent on keeping it they may as well make similar style belts for all the titles. If this one sells, surely other, similar ones would. They could start by bringing back Cena's US title.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/72252.jpg

Which, to be entirely honest, isn't as bad as the WWE Championship. It's still ridiculous, but it's better.

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 02:20 PM
That US Title looks like a belt Elvis Presley would've worn in the 60's.

The Show Off
08-15-2010, 02:21 PM
The spinner belt doesn't annoy me as much as most. The only thing that really annoys me is that it says "Champ" instead of champion or championship.

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Hmm...makes u think that in THAT ASPECT, WCW kinda dropped the ball, in that they didn't make a NWO Heavyweight Championship, they just stuck with spray painting the WCW Belt, and that was it.

Xero
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Hmm...makes u think that in THAT ASPECT, WCW kinda dropped the ball, in that they didn't make a NWO Heavyweight Championship, they just stuck with spray painting the WCW Belt, and that was it.

It served its purpose and looked pretty awesome.

WWE put out an nWo replica a few years back. The WCW title with "nWo" painted on it.

Aguakate
08-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I guess in retrospect it was better, like u said, served its purpose...the whole spray painting really gave it an "invasion" look...

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-15-2010, 04:16 PM
It doesn't stay centered, that's for damn sure.

Yes, it does. Though that's not really the point at all. The point is that it's a flashy disgrace to the WWE Championship.

I would love if they went back to the winged eagle, but it would sort of feel wrong if Cena held that title. Cena might look good with the WWF Attitude Era title, but I'd rather him not be the champion.

The non-spinner looks good on Sheamus though, and it looked good on Orton's shoulder.

Xero
08-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't mind if Cena had the spinner when he was champion. That's what I figured they were going to do.

Cool King
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the reason the WWE Championship looks the way is does is because it's suppose to reflect "Pop Culture" so to speak.

Like it has all it's "Bling" and it's square-ish design to it, so it looks all modern-ish and whatnot and "Champ" on the front of the belt instead of "Championship" and the left side plate previously had "Mon Nite" instead of "Monday Night" on it due to shortening of words and text speak that have grown more popular and more widely accepted in society and all that crap.

But I personally hate the design of the current WWE Championship. I've said it since the design was unveiled but it just looks like 50 Cent threw up on a strap of leather.

But I doubt the design is going to change anytime soon. I think we might have to put up with the current design for about another 5 years or so. Purely guessing.

blak23
08-15-2010, 04:30 PM
i don't really mind the spinner. i agree the "champ" thing is wrong but other than that it's fine with me.

and also i don't think that it's kept around solely for sales purposes because even if they replaced it with a diff one kids would still buy spinner belts or would but whatever current belt is being sported by the whomever is holding it

Mr. Nerfect
08-15-2010, 05:20 PM
I do wish that they would change the belt. Especially now that it doesn't even seem to fit Cena's character. I've been hoping that Nexus would actually destroy the belt or something, giving cause for a new one.

rated rjo
08-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Actually, if the logo is on its way out, maybe the look of the belt will be changing too.

Destro 2.0
08-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I think Vince has kept it to appeal to the Blacks. Because we all know how black people like diamond encrusted Spinning things.
:nono::roll:

XCaliber
08-15-2010, 06:53 PM
It's been around so long now that if a heel were to destroy or banish it would pretty much turn them face in an instant well that's my theory and I'm stucking to it cuz there's no other reason to keep that POS around.

Theo Dious
08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
We need JBL. And an oil barrel. And some explosives.

Destro 2.0
08-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Why not have Rhyno burn it like he did with that one ECW title we were never going to see on Impact when WWECW was getting started. Because you know Rhyno was with the company since day one and all and he carried the whole company the way he made it sound.

Jeritron
08-16-2010, 06:02 AM
I think one part of it not looking so hot is because it's completely flat, to allow for the centerpiece to properly spin.
All other belts have a slight curve to the plate, for being worn around the waist.

Obviously that's not the only reason, but it's a big one. The fact that it doesn't actually spin anymore and the WWE logo stays still pleases me.

Droford
08-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Im surprised they haven't changed the color of the belt strap to white for Sheamus, or would that look too TNA'ish?

Wait until Jeff Hardy wins the TNA belt and they make it glow under his blacklight entrance like his face paint does.

Haze
08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
This thread is preaching the choir.

Haze
08-16-2010, 12:29 PM
I think Vince has kept it to appeal to the Blacks. Because we all know how black people like diamond encrusted Spinning things.
:nono::roll:

That isn't even funny. You are such a jackass that it is awe inspiring.

Mooияakeя™
08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
It looks fucking stupid on everyone but Cena, bar Edge cos the RATE R thing is fucking awesome also.

http://markplanet.cl/imagenes/wweproductos/titulos/WWEWrestlingEdgeRatedRSuperstarChampionship.jpg

Also,

http://markplanet.cl/imagenes/wweproductos/titulos/WWE%20White%20Classic%20Intercontinental%20Replica%20Belt.jpg

Cool King
08-16-2010, 05:43 PM
It looks fucking stupid on everyone but Cena, bar Edge cos the RATE R thing is fucking awesome also.

http://markplanet.cl/imagenes/wweproductos/titulos/WWEWrestlingEdgeRatedRSuperstarChampionship.jpg

That belt did look good but I still wish Edge was given more time to make his own belt. I would have loved to have seen it.

Apparently, Edge drew up plans for his own belt which looked totally different but due to time constraints, they just had to replace the WWE Logo with his Rated R Superstar Logo and make that his own belt. :-\

Xero
08-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I was very surprised they didn't do one for Jeff Hardy. Not only because of him being so artistic but also that it would sell ridiculously well.

Like I said, everyone should have a custom center plate. In fact, they could just sell the original and then sell replaceable plates.

But really, even now, the non-spinning spinner barely fits Cena. And you'd think that with a new one they could sell more replicas vs the current one, since most people who want one probably have it.

Schlomey
08-16-2010, 06:18 PM
The TNA Global Legends Hardcore Television Title looks pretty bad too.

I loved HBK's white strap title.

CWK
08-16-2010, 06:38 PM
My personal favorite WWF/E title was the one Hogan wore for much of his run, you know, the one Warrior won from him, the belt Bret wore. That was a cool belt. Wasn't better looking than the intercontinental belt of that time period, but the best looking WWF/E title even IMO

Kane Knight
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Honestly, if they toned it down a little, I think a lot fewer people would complain. The basic design's cool, but it looks like it would be too gaudy for a Liberacci museum.

Kane Knight
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Sans the spinning part, that is, but since they already ditched that and the plate is now fixed...

Xero
08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Honestly, if they took a lot of the diamond studs out of it, took some of the raised portions out, made it say "Champion" and added some color it'd look alright.

Jeritron
08-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Since it doesn't spin anymore there's no reason for the faceplate to be flat, nor is there reason for the other parts of the plate to be so protruded (to make room underneath for the spinning mechanism).

I bet if you updated it to lose those features but maintain the same basic design, it would actually look pretty good.

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
God, I can actually still remember back to when Cena first brought out the silver U.S. Championship spinner belt. And then when he lost it to Orlando Jordan in 2005, he and "the cabinet" took it and tossed it into a garbage can and supposedly detonated it. It seems crazy, I know, but I was really devastated to see such a creatively designed U.S. title belt go.

Jeritron
08-16-2010, 07:50 PM
You can actually still remember the year 2005?

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Who wouldn't? It's the year Batista brought Evolution down and won his first World championship at WrestleMania 21, and then of course in the other main event of WrestleMania 21 I think we all remember what happened there.

Actually watched a tape of SummerSlam '05 with a friend at his place last weekend. Good times.

Jeritron
08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
What happened in the other main event?

parkmania
08-16-2010, 11:10 PM
There was no other main event.

rated rjo
08-16-2010, 11:42 PM
I've always had a soft spot for the attitude era belt with the blue strap. I thought that was slick. Everyone looked good with that belt.

jskinnyg
08-17-2010, 12:01 AM

WORKS JUST FINE.

That is why you are a Saint... Thanks Jimmy... Spinner Belt = Worst idea since Arquette being the WCW Champ...

Kane Knight
08-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah, between a belt with "bling" and Katie Vick, or watering down ECW, or "Eddie's in Hell," I'd go with the belt.

jskinnyg
08-17-2010, 12:58 AM
I was very surprised they didn't do one for Jeff Hardy. Not only because of him being so artistic but also that it would sell ridiculously well.

Like I said, everyone should have a custom center plate. In fact, they could just sell the original and then sell replaceable plates.

But really, even now, the non-spinning spinner barely fits Cena. And you'd think that with a new one they could sell more replicas vs the current one, since most people who want one probably have it.

I really like the idea of having a main belt and a custom center plate.... Major $$$ for WWE too... Good call Xero...