PDA

View Full Version : Tweets about Bryan's Return...

Cuse8
08-16-2010, 10:07 AM
From HBK:

"So Bryan is back. All I can say is wise move by WWE. You just dont leave that kind of talent out there. Happy for all parties."

From JR last night:

"Thank god! Sanity restored. Daniel Bryan joins team WWE. I'm a Bryan fan. Give the kid a chance, hes special win, lose or draw."

After a Michael Cole series of insults aimed at Bryan..

"Bryan's a twerp? Twerp? Really?? Goof Ball?? Really? Wow...."

Savio
08-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Who tweeted that last bit?

Afterlife
08-16-2010, 10:19 AM
JR, I would expect.

The Mackem
08-16-2010, 10:21 AM
hahaha

VSG
08-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Ya, it was JR.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/523801408/profileross_bigger.jpg Bryan's a 'twerp?' Twerp? Really? 'Goof Ball??' Really? Wow.
about 11 hours ago via txt

His last tweet just confirms Nexus is not done: W/O question..Cena is THE MAN in WWE, like it or not. Miz lvs S'Slam w/ lots of steam. Nexus still very relevant. Strong close to PPV.

BigDaddyCool
08-16-2010, 10:23 AM
So he was never really fired.

Volare
08-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Ahhh the magic of kayfabe.

VSG
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
So he was never really fired.

I won't go as far as that. He got a Matt Hardy deal in that he can make good on all his independent bookings, but I do think he was let go legit.

BizarroKing
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I won't go as far as that. He got a Matt Hardy deal in that he can make good on all his independent bookings, but I do think he was let go legit.

I think so too, they brought him back because there's no way Linda is going to lose now.

Volare
08-16-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought he was gone due to pressure from WWE's sponsors saying they didn't want that kind of "violence" Bryan unleashed on Justin Roberts.

SOCCER LEGS
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
i think the whole "firing" thing was a work by WWE... it seems that after more than a decade they've figured out how to manage internet fans, and they played us all like a fiddle.

Kane Knight
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I think so too, they brought him back because there's no way Linda is going to lose now.

That's a very "special" thought.

I thought he was gone due to pressure from WWE's sponsors saying they didn't want that kind of "violence" Bryan unleashed on Justin Roberts.

You're not thinking like a tinfoil hatter.

i think the whole "firing" thing was a work by WWE... it seems that after more than a decade they've figured out how to manage internet fans, and they played us all like a fiddle.

Yeah, that would require they think "working" the smarks is worth a potential SEC investigation. That seems highly likely.

The Pope
08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Was he gone for 3 months?

Kane Knight
08-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Seems like only yesterday he was fired and the IWC was ready to throw in the towel on Nexus.

Snowden
08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Was he gone for 3 months?

Doesn't really matter, the WWE can rehire someone whenever, they aren't bound by their own no compete clauses.

And for the record, he was fired on June 11th, so a little over 2 months ago.

The Pope
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
The Nexus thing is still dumb.

SOCCER LEGS
08-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah, that would require they think "working" the smarks is worth a potential SEC investigation. That seems highly likely.

i see your point, but there are many ways to circumvent the issue in question.

Kane Knight
08-16-2010, 09:10 PM
i see your point, but there are many ways to circumvent the issue in question.

Though that's true, it would not leave them fully protected and it wouldn't stop an investigation had this become more controversial. With Linda running right now, a dude choking someone out could have readily been used as fodder.

You would have to believe Vince saw enough benefit in working the smarks to risk damaging both his wife's political campaign and potentially his business. I'm not going to say "no, absolutely not, never in a million years," (Though I'm pretty sure that's the Noid version of my post), but it's a long way to go and a fair share of risk for a small payoff involving a group Vince considers insignificant.

Blue Demon
08-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Though that's true, I'm just a bitch.