PDA

View Full Version : Will this be Kane's last feud?

Xero
08-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Was talking with a friend today and realized that Taker and Kane are both coming to the end of their careers. I'm thinking that this Taker/Kane feud would be a nice bookend to the Kane character if it ended versus Taker at Hell in a Cell, which just so happens to be 2 days away from the date Kane debuted at Bad Blood.

So will this be it? Do you think Taker/Kane will be the end of the Kane character? Or will he continue afterward? Discuss the end of Kane's career in general.

Savio
08-17-2010, 07:01 PM
it will not be the end

Ultra Mantis
08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I remember reading that Kane wanted one last feud with Undertaker before he hung up his boots so it wouldn't surprise me if he retired at the conclusion of this angle, with Taker being his final opponent. Isn't he active / interested in politics? Seems like something he might want to move into.

Schlomey
08-17-2010, 07:08 PM
I think so.

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 07:09 PM
I want them to have a Hell in a Cell it would be epic and they have never done that. I only wish they could bleed for that match. Has many times as we have seen this feud I personally think that this could be one of there best. Kane and The Undertaker always bring out the best in each other. Hell I remember the match Kane and The Undertaker had after WM 24 on Smackdown. When Kane was ECW Champ and the Undertaker was WHC. The match was awesome except for the run ins by La Familia. They have also never fought over a title and I mean a real title.

So I think it would be awesome I would like to see Kane go over him at Night of Champions and then drop the belt to him at Hell in a Cell.

Mr. Pierre
08-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it would be a perfect end to his career. There really wasn't anything left for him to do except get that "last run" (and make serious money of course).

Londoner
08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I really dunno. Can't imagine Kane retiring for ages....well, not ages, but you get what i mean.

Rammsteinmad
08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Personally I'm bored of seeing Kane and Undertaker. I've said this before recently and I'll say it now, the only way I could care about this rivalry is if they broke kayfabe, and that'll never happen. Kane would come out in jeans/t-shirt and talk about how Mark was always the more popular guy whilst he was always seen as the second-rate Undertaker with a messed up continuity. He could bring up the fact that his character has been changed so much, he can discuss the whole May 19th atrocity and all the things he's had to endure whilst Mark Calloway got all the glory It'd be an interesting twist, but ultimately it'd only appeal to internet fans.

The segment at Summerslam was awful, and I'm not feeling any excitement towards Undertaker beating Kane again, for the millionth time.

On the other hand, if either man wanted to retire, this is the most obvious match to make.

Nicky Fives
08-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm completely unsure... I don't see him as the kind of guy who will keep coming back..... He does have interests (politics) outside of wrestling, so he could leave after the conclusion of the feud.....

However, if he does choose to retire, a HIAC vs 'Taker in October would be the best way to go (i.e. debuting & retiring in the same match type involving the same guy in the same month.... they could even mention it in the storylines to build up the feud in vignettes/promos leading up to the match)

Rammsteinmad
08-17-2010, 07:52 PM
WWE don't remember that far back.

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
If they have a Hell in a Cell I wish they could go all out. You know tables,barb wire, chairs,chains, Etc.

St. Jimmy
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Should be. He's sucked since 2003.

Rammsteinmad
08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
If they have a Hell in a Cell I wish they could go all out. You know tables,barb wire, chairs,chains, Etc.

What about blood?

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
What about blood?

Blood would come with the Barb Wire and Chains. Non bloody HIAC matches just aren't that intense. The Edge vs The Undertaker one was very good. But I haven't seen the actually PPV they had last year.

Did you see it?

Rammsteinmad
08-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I think you missed the sarcasm in my post lol.

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
I think you missed the sarcasm in my post lol.

No biggie nothing to get pissed about.

Londoner
08-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm completely unsure... I don't see him as the kind of guy who will keep coming back..... He does have interests (politics) outside of wrestling, so he could leave after the conclusion of the feud.....

However, if he does choose to retire, a HIAC vs 'Taker in October would be the best way to go (i.e. debuting & retiring in the same match type involving the same guy in the same month.... they could even mention it in the storylines to build up the feud in vignettes/promos leading up to the match)

ha, can't imagine him in politics.

Rammsteinmad
08-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not pissed, and you shouldn't be either. I meant it in good fun. Basically, WWE would never allow all the things you mentioned in todays PG environment. If Kane and Undertaker had a HIAC match it would be a complete stinkfest. Remember CM Punk and Undertaker at the HIAC PPV? They used the cage a total of three times or something. :nono:

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm not pissed, and you shouldn't be either. I meant it in good fun. Basically, WWE would never allow all the things you mentioned in todays PG environment. If Kane and Undertaker had a HIAC match it would be a complete stinkfest. Remember CM Punk and Undertaker at the HIAC PPV? They used the cage a total of three times or something. :nono:

I am not pissed lets move on. A cage match in general with no blood sucks. It would be like if you watch a barb wire ring match and they never touched the ropes.

Wrestling without blood is like watching an Action movie were they just talk the whole time.

Savio
08-17-2010, 08:43 PM
If it was Kanes last match I'm sure they would let them go all out.

HBPunk
08-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm a huge faggot

HBPunk
08-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm a huge faggot

Rammsteinmad
08-17-2010, 08:52 PM

As long as there is no blood.

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
You're a nutcase dude. Wrestling doesn't need blood. Not every match in the attitude era had blood. Watch TNA if you need to see that bullshit

You are the one trying to get me to have internet sex with you.

Savio
08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Kane will always have a purpose in WWE after this feud he may get some small time TV feuds or some under card stuff. But he is big man that can help make people stars. He was good stepping stone for that prick Drew McIntyre.

BizarroKing
08-17-2010, 10:06 PM
It'd be interesting to see if they actually make it go full circle but I don't see it happening.

jskinnyg
08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I think he has been an incredible worker and asset to the WWE for well over 10 years and I think this is a perfect time to go out with a big red bang...

DAMN iNATOR
08-17-2010, 11:28 PM

Yeah

What if they know the fans don't expect blood in today's WWE and decide to make HIAC or Survivor Series, or whenever Kane's last match in WWE would be a First Blood match, hmm? Never would think it would happen in this day and age of WWE, but it would be a great :lol: moment just for all the people who'd be like :eek::wtf::nono:. Besides, it wouldn't have to be gratuitous amounts of blood from Kane, as obviously you only lose at the first sight of blood in those matches. They could just have him drip a little bit from his forehead and then get him all patched up in like 30 seconds backstage afterwards, no biggie.

DAMN iNATOR
08-17-2010, 11:30 PM
It'd be interesting to see if they actually make it go full circle but I don't see it happening.

If you mean Undertaker getting retired right after Kane, I don't either. But if you mean Kane going over Taker, I could see it happen at least once or twice at NoC and/or HIAC to retain the belt. Kane should probably drop it by or at Survivor Series though.

As for 'Taker, give him another year and a half, I'd say. Let him get his streak to a nice round number like 20-0 before retiring.

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 11:31 PM
What if they know the fans don't expect blood in today's WWE and decide to make HIAC or Survivor Series, or whenever Kane's last match in WWE would be a First Blood match, hmm? Never would think it would happen in this day and age of WWE, but it would be a great :lol: moment just for all the people who'd be like :eek::wtf::nono:. Besides, it wouldn't have to be gratuitous amounts of blood from Kane, as obviously you only lose at the first sight of blood in those matches. They could just have him drip a little bit from his forehead and then get him all patched up in like 30 seconds backstage afterwards, no biggie.

I want to see a bloody Brawl.

DAMN iNATOR
08-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I want to see a bloody Brawl.

Come on over and I'll give you one. :mad:

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Come on over and I'll give you one. :mad:

Yeah I'm sure you will. Keep dreaming....

Aguakate
08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
...While a Hell in a Cell match would be a fitting end to this rivalry, and to the character Kane, it's questionable what kind of a match these two could have against each other in a HIC, since they're both big men and won't go on top of the cage and stuff...they'd just brawl inside the cage.

A Buried Alive match probably would be better for them.

Destro 2.0
08-17-2010, 11:47 PM
...While a Hell in a Cell match would be a fitting end to this rivalry, and to the character Kane, it's questionable what kind of a match these two could have against each other in a HIC, since they're both big men and won't go on top of the cage and stuff...they'd just brawl inside the cage.

Dude noone goes on top of the cage anymore the Cell is too big. I wouldn't mind if they tore it up. Seeing no blood is allowed have them start tearing the ring apart and stuff. Write to were its like an epic Clash of the Titans comic book battle. Alls I have to say is just go fucking all out with this.

glanville6
08-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Think Kane loses the belt by then? They still have plenty of TV left, and while I personally don't want Kane to drop the belt, but there are always a few people who think that a feud like this doesn't need a title on the line, but I think its a good thing. Just curious on your opinions, because if they do decide to have him lose the belt, I don't see who takes the spot in the title match.

And as I write this- its Night of Champions, so I'm now sure he won't lose the belt.

DAMN iNATOR
08-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah I'm sure you will. Keep dreaming....

Destro 2.0 FEARS THE BEARD. Too bad, too. I would've given you the beating of a lifetime and used it to set you on the straight and narrow path, dude, but you refused. Your loss.

Destro 2.0
08-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Destro 2.0 FEARS THE BEARD. Too bad, too. I would've given you the beating of a lifetime and used it to set you on the straight and narrow path, dude, but you refused. Your loss.

I'm sure you would not because you are weakling.

glanville6
08-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Destro 2.0 has X-Pac heat around here

Afterlife
08-18-2010, 02:09 AM

If it was his last match, I don't think they could stop him.

DAMN iNATOR
08-18-2010, 02:55 AM

Kane and Undertaker would both have to be title-free and neither one of them could be competing for the World Heavyweight Championship though, or else they won't fight each other and it wouldn't be Buried Alive as to who they defended against it'd be HIAC. Pretty straightforward. However, given all the recent events before and leading up to SummerSlam, I think it would make the most sense if they booked Kane (©) v. Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship in a (wait for it...) Casket Match. Perhaps make it a triple-threat involving Rey since they both seem to have issues with him, albeit Kane way more than Undertaker.