PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown Spoilers for 8/20/2010

Ermaximus
08-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings – 8/20/2010
Date Added: August 18, 2010
Story By: Marc Middleton

- Thanks to SoldierIA for sending in the following WWE SmackDown spoilers for this coming Friday night's show. If anyone has a more detailed report from last night's tapings in Bakersfield, please send them in.

* Rey Mysterio opens SmackDown and talks about the SummerSlam match. Alberto Del Rio comes out and puts down Rey, like he had talked in his promos. Rey challenges Del Rio to a match and 619's him.

* Kofi Kingston beat Dolph Ziggler by DQ in a match for the Intercontinental Title.

* There was a segment with LayCool and Hornswoggle. There were other segments too but it's late.

* Serena and Luke Gallows beat Big Show and Kelly Kelly. If Serena and Luke lost they would have been kicked out of the SES. Serena pinned Kelly after the GTS.

* Christian beat Drew McIntyre. After the match Cody Rhodes came down and Drew helped him beat Christian up.

* Kane cut a promo on The Undertaker. Kane said he had planned the attack on his brother for years.

* Alberto Del Rio beat Rey Mysterio in the main event by submission. Alberto won a good match by making Rey tap out with an arm hold.

WOW! Not only does Alberto FINALLY debut, but he main events and wins against one of the biggest faces on SD! Plus SERENA ACTUALLY WRESTLED A MATCH! HOLY SHIT!!!

Londoner
08-18-2010, 09:31 AM
I think you're forgetting that most important of all: CHRISTIAN WON A MATCH.

Savio
08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Kane cut a promo on The Undertaker. Kane said he had planned the attack on his brother for years.(again)

The Jayman
08-18-2010, 09:38 AM

:heart:

Ermaximus
08-18-2010, 09:38 AM

Always a plus, but yet they make him look like a bitch via a 2 on 1.

(again)

:roll:

Rammsteinmad
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
So will the SES be splitting up soon? :(

Londoner
08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
SES doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, typical wwe.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
If SES eventually splits, Gallows and Mercury will turn on Punk. Serena will probably stay with him.

Mr. Pierre
08-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Do they ever consistently push people? So Swagger is now off the show..wtf

Innovator
08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Serena is gonna have to really press up Kelly to get her over her boobs for the GTS

Nark Order
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Excited to finally see Dos Caras in a WWE ring. In the main event no less.

The Jayman
08-18-2010, 01:22 PM
and winning over the biggest face on SD

bigslimjj
08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Alberto Del Rio looks like the mexican guy on the show Weeds. Like he really looks like him, alot. If i wasn't at work I'd post a pic..cause it's kinda freaky.

Jura
08-19-2010, 12:25 AM
When is she gonna grow her hair out again. I feel weird for wanting to bone a girl with no hair.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DyQE4aqWbzY/S1qTJ2U3pvI/AAAAAAAAAoM/ZyIHvMXybk8/s400/serena.jpg
http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wordpress/photos/women/serena-deeb/serena1.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
08-19-2010, 10:58 PM
WTF @ bringing back Hornswoggle to TV all of a sudden? :nono::n:

P.S. - Good lookin' out Ermax. Unfortunately my connection was being a piece of shit last night and not letting me connect, so thanks for getting these posted.

Droford
08-19-2010, 11:00 PM
When is she gonna grow her hair out again. I feel weird for wanting to bone a girl with no hair.

Id do he without the hair, no hair doesn't bother me at all.

DAMN iNATOR
08-19-2010, 11:04 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DyQE4aqWbzY/S1qTJ2U3pvI/AAAAAAAAAoM/ZyIHvMXybk8/s400/serena.jpg
http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wordpress/photos/women/serena-deeb/serena1.jpg

Id do he without the hair, no hair doesn't bother me at all.

Nah, man, he's right, it does look hella creepy to always see Serena without hair. She really needs to grow it back, especially if SES is on the verge of break-up as it seems they are.

Emperor Smeat
08-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a good show although just 4 matches for 2 hours seems a bit low unless they are long matches or the report is missing some stuff.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Was a really good show, actually. I didn't read the spoilers, so I was pleasantly surprised by a lot.

Alberto Del Rio seems like a star. He got some really good heat just by showing up. He also got a JBL-esque entrance, coming out in a Rolls Royce with a shower of pyro. He also had his own personal ring announcer. The finish of his match with Rey came out of nowhere, as he kicked the arm of Mysterio after chop blocking him off the top rope, and then spun into the arm breaker. Was really quite vicious. The shock of Matt Striker and the crowd made it seem like a great moment, too.

Kofi Kingston won by disqualification because Vickie Guerrero shoved him off the top rope as he was making a comeback. Ziggler then attacked Kofi, but Kofi started whooping ass until Vickie got in between them and started shrieking, but then taunted Kofi because "he can't touch her." Ziggler then attacked Kofi from behind, and hit him with the Zig Zag in the ring, slapped on the Sleeper Hold, and then hit this really sick stomp to the head. Like...really sick.

Hornswoggle didn't even say anything in his segment. He was just hiding in a bush. Nothing to get offended at.

Serena didn't get the win with the GTS, but with a fireman's carry gutbuster (which Todd Grisham alluded to being a tribute to the GTS).

Christian and Drew McIntyre's match was fantastic, and Cody Rhodes came out for commentary. Christian managed to get the win with a crucifix out of nowhere, and was weary of Rhodes, but when he turned his attention to McIntyre, Rhodes attacked. Matt Hardy limped out for the save, but he got beaten down by the heels after hitting a side effect on Rhodes. McIntyre hit Hardy with the Future Shock and Rhodes hit Christian with Cross Rhodes. It seems we're building to a tag team match.

Kane's promo was really quite good, and had clips of his past with The Undertaker thrown in. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm glad that Kane is getting the biggest push of his life right now.

Jack Swagger was on the show. He was in a backstage segment where he was whining, and it was revealed he was talking to the uber-hot Rosa Mendes, who wasn't really listening. MVP then confronted Swagger, told him to stop whining, and it seems like a repeat of the Matt Hardy/MVP stuff, with Swagger and MVP agreeing to a Jack Swagger, Sr. Invitational next week (amateur style, I think), where if Swagger wins -- Jack gets to host the VIP Lounge. If MVP wins, then he's going to throw a big end of summer party, and Swagger's picking up the tab. Serious.

DAMN iNATOR
08-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Was a really good show, actually. I didn't read the spoilers, so I was pleasantly surprised by a lot.

Alberto Del Rio seems like a star. He got some really good heat just by showing up. He also got a JBL-esque entrance, coming out in a Rolls Royce with a shower of pyro. He also had his own personal ring announcer. The finish of his match with Rey came out of nowhere, as he kicked the arm of Mysterio after chop blocking him off the top rope, and then spun into the arm breaker. Was really quite vicious. The shock of Matt Striker and the crowd made it seem like a great moment, too.

Kofi Kingston won by disqualification because Vickie Guerrero shoved him off the top rope as he was making a comeback. Ziggler then attacked Kofi, but Kofi started whooping ass until Vickie got in between them and started shrieking, but then taunted Kofi because "he can't touch her." Ziggler then attacked Kofi from behind, and hit him with the Zig Zag in the ring, slapped on the Sleeper Hold, and then hit this really sick stomp to the head. Like...really sick.

Hornswoggle didn't even say anything in his segment. He was just hiding in a bush. Nothing to get offended at.

Serena didn't get the win with the GTS, but with a fireman's carry gutbuster (which Todd Grisham alluded to being a tribute to the GTS).

Christian and Drew McIntyre's match was fantastic, and Cody Rhodes came out for commentary. Christian managed to get the win with a crucifix out of nowhere, and was weary of Rhodes, but when he turned his attention to McIntyre, Rhodes attacked. Matt Hardy limped out for the save, but he got beaten down by the heels after hitting a side effect on Rhodes. McIntyre hit Hardy with the Future Shock and Rhodes hit Christian with Cross Rhodes. It seems we're building to a tag team match.

Kane's promo was really quite good, and had clips of his past with The Undertaker thrown in. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm glad that Kane is getting the biggest push of his life right now.

Jack Swagger was on the show. He was in a backstage segment where he was whining, and it was revealed he was talking to the uber-hot Rosa Mendes, who wasn't really listening. MVP then confronted Swagger, told him to stop whining, and it seems like a repeat of the Matt Hardy/MVP stuff, with Swagger and MVP agreeing to a Jack Swagger, Sr. Invitational next week (amateur style, I think), where if Swagger wins -- Jack gets to host the VIP Lounge. If MVP wins, then he's going to throw a big end of summer party, and Swagger's picking up the tab. Serious.

Right except another pointless 'Swog segment that only Vince and creative (if we can call them that anymore) find funny. Great. Just fabulous. Maybe he'll start doing stand-up at a nightclub near me soon.

Seriously, just future endeavor him already. He's beyond worthless now.

Skippord
08-20-2010, 04:10 AM

am I the only person who finds this black lady behind her funny?

DAMN iNATOR
08-20-2010, 04:43 AM
am I the only person who finds this black lady behind her funny?

For once, she finally got to be the one holding somebody back, instead of vice-versa. :shifty:

Ermaximus
08-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I think the whole Swog thing is going to lead to him helping Melina in some way, shape, or form. Don't they have some kind of history together?

Ultra Mantis
08-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Del Rio's character is great, looks like he will be a good upper midcard heel. Conversely I'm really getting tired of McIntyre always getting the upper hand, Christian and Hardy look like idiots in this feud.

Kane's promo was awesome, made him look genuinely unhinged. The overproduction really helps him look like a monster.

Cool King
08-21-2010, 11:07 PM
I think the whole Swog thing is going to lead to him helping Melina in some way, shape, or form. Don't they have some kind of history together?

Don't tell me she's had sex with him too.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Del Rio's character is great, looks like he will be a good upper midcard heel. Conversely I'm really getting tired of McIntyre always getting the upper hand, Christian and Hardy look like idiots in this feud.

Kane's promo was awesome, made him look genuinely unhinged. The overproduction really helps him look like a monster.

I don't know -- it doesn't really bother me. Especially since Christian has gotten two wins over McIntyre two weeks apart. I do think the feud needs some extra promo work for Matt Hardy & Christian (specifically Christian) to really push it forward in people's minds a bit, though.

Also, DAMN, Hornswoggle keeps the kiddies happy. You've got to keep the kiddies happy.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Don't tell me she's had sex with him too.

I think that was actually implied, wasn't it? In kayfabe, she has definitely slept with Johnny Nitro, Batista & Vince McMahon (funnily enough, two of those are real life, too). Then you've got the possibilities of Joey Mercury, Mark Henry and Kenny Dykstra.